Newcastle Confident Of More Players Arriving Soon

Newcastle are reported to be preparing another bid for Brighton winger Anthony Knockaert and are expected to go in this time with a £10M bid for the French winger and it seems the club are fairly confident of getting their man.

Anthony is said to be keen to join Newcastle and Rafa Benitez and that should help a  lot and has worked well with the other six signings the manager has already made this summer.


Anthony Knockaert – 24 year-old Brighton winger

Increasing the bid by at least £2M up to £10M could also persuade Brighton to sell, although manager Chris Hughton is keen to keep his best players from last season and the south coast club are not willing sellers to their Championship rivals.

Anthony will add some creativity to the Newcastle team if we can get him, as Rafa seems to want at least another four players coming in – and just as soon as possible.,

The news yesterday was that Newcastle will go in with a second bid for Knockaert before the end of the weekend and Brighton will be making more than £7M on Anthony if they accept Newcastle’s offer.

They brought the Frenchman in last January for about £2.5M from Standard Liege and he was only at the Belgium club for six months after signing on for them last summer when he left Leicester City.

Anthony was outstanding for Brighton last season and in 21 total games he scored 5 goals and had 7 assists.

The 24 year-old was at Leicester for three seasons and therefore has lots of Championship experience being with the Foxes for two full seasons in the  Championship and one in the Premier League.

He has played 106 total games in the Championship with 18 goals and 20 assists – so he is well adapted to the league.

Rafa Benitez expects players to still leave Newcastle this summer – like Moussa Sissoko and Florian Thauvin – and said last Tuesday night that we were close on a number of potential transfers, but he will be disappointed  none of those have yet been completed.

Rafa wants a left back, central midfielder, winger and striker brought in as soon as possible and hopefully this week – although that’s going to be tough now.

Moussa Sissoko returns from his summer break tomorrow, but he will be getting medical checks at Benton while the squad is at St. James’ Park for open day.

Comments welcome.

6 comments so far

  • Veltmann

    Jul 31, 2016 at 8:28 AM

    Comment #1

    Aye, I’m gone.But not as bad as yours though!

  • Jail for Ashley

    Jul 31, 2016 at 8:29 AM

    Comment #2

    I’ll spare the repost Munster.

  • Jail for Ashley

    Jul 31, 2016 at 8:31 AM

    Comment #3

    Are you chewing khat already, a bit early is it not?

  • Average_Contents

    Jul 31, 2016 at 8:33 AM

    Comment #4

    Veltman getting the lip on.

    Go wipe em.

  • hibbitt

    Jul 31, 2016 at 8:36 AM

    Comment #5

    morning jail did the little one enjoy the game ?

  • SA Toon

    Jul 31, 2016 at 9:03 AM

    Comment #6

    How did the boys play yesterday? It sounded like we were a machine in the first half, but lost our shape a bit after half time. What’s the verdict, and how are we looking for Friday?


You must log in to post a comment.