The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Two Newcastle Players Could Move To Marseille

10:03 am, Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 93 Comments

According to local Marseille newspaper La Provence, the French club may be interested in signing Newcastle central midfielder Henri Saivet this summer to strengthen their midfield.

Newcastle are already considering a bid from Marseille for 23 year-old winger Florian Thauvin,  which is a loan deal with a clause to buy the player after Florian plays a certain number of games for the French club.

henri saivet ireland

Henri Saivet – in pre-season training

Now it could be that 25 year-old Saivet ends his frustrating time at Newcastle, where he has hardly been given much of a chance – and when he has played in the Newcastle first team he’s looked a tidy and efficient player.

This is what has been published in Le Provence today:

“Contacts has been established between Jean-Philippe Durand, head of the Marseille recruitment, Gunter Jacob and Henri Saivet’s entourage.”

“The former Bordeaux midfielder was replaced with medium success by Willy Sagnol last season before being “buried” at Newcastle.”

“The idea to leave the cemetery of French football, where Rafael Benitez does not count on him, made way in his mind.”

“It’s far from certain whether Marseille’s interest will be successful.”

Rafa doesn’t seem to rate Henri much, and we say that simply because he has not played him much since the manager arrived at Newcastle.

Henri must have been very frustrated since he arrived in January, signed by former manager Steve McClaren, but to his credit he’s been the model professional.

He’s been the victim of a manager change at the club a couple of months after he arrived on Tyneside.

If Newcastle want to sell the 9 times capped Senegal International, the  club will want the £5M we paid out to Bordeaux for him in January.

So if Thauvin and Saivet do move to the south of France club we should get at least £15M for the two of them.

What do you think?

Tags: Florian Thauvin · Henri Saivet · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

93 responses so far ↓

• 1 G // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:05 AM

I just assumed Rafa went for experience over skill for the relegation run in. I have yet to see too much of Saivet, however, when I have watched him, he hasn’t disgraced himself, and actually looks half decent. If Rafa wants rid, I will accept his judgement.

• 2 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:06 AM

home page

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
    Howay The Lads!!

? It’s Started – Newcastle Receive Multiple Bids For Star Player Two Newcastle Players Could Move To Marseille ?
    New Signing – Everybody is Happy At Rafa’s Newcastle
    9:39 am, Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 7 Comments

It seems the Newcastle players just love working for manager Rafa Benitez and we’ve had many interviews from the players this summer lauding just how good he is with them.

Rafa’s training sessions are strict and serious, but they also seem to be carried out in such a way that the players enjoy them and can see the value of them.

matt ritchie with Rafa benitez

Matt Ritchie with Rafa Benitez earlier this summer

Rafa also has tactical sessions with the players, where he explains in detail how the various formations will work and the detailed responsibilities of the players in the various positions.

Matt Ritchie raved about Rafa when the former Bournemouth player first arrived at the club this summer and the Scottish International was interviewed on the Football League Preview Show on BBC Radio Five Live last night.

It seems Matt is still excited about working with Rafa as he had this to say:

“He’s been fantastic. I can’t speak highly enough of him,”

“The training has been top draw and he has an aura around him. He demands respect and the sessions are very good.”

“Everyone is happy.”

There’s a huge “feel good” factor surrounding the club this summer because of the Rafa Benitez effect and the exciting project he has going at Newcastle.

But the proof of the pudding is in the eating and the Championship season gets under way in earnest at Fulham on Friday night.

We have to try to get off to a very good start with a win and it seems the only player not available for that game through injury is Siem de Jong.

So it will be the strongest side Rafa can play.

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Championship · Coaching · Matt Ritchie · Newcastle News · Other News · Pre-season · Press

7 responses so far ?

1 carl // Aug 3, 2016 at 9:43 AM

Running to keep up. Good to see the chatting in little groups during and after training. Shelvey looks fit and relaxed. He could be a key player.

2 G // Aug 3, 2016 at 9:48 AM

Are Krul and Elliot available again? I thought they were some way away from fitness at the minute?

3 Spoof // Aug 3, 2016 at 9:54 AM

I doubt all of them will be, it may be too early for Diame and Clark, they haven’t played or even had a training session, in fact I don’t even think they’ve signed yet, but for the rest of them, Gamez or Janmaat, it could go either way but I just get this sneaky feeling that it will be Gamez, Janmaat possibly in midfield but then again I feel that Ritchie is nailed on for the right wing role and could Janmaat play left ?, we have two new CB’s but is seems inevitable that Lacellas will be captain, so would he leave his captain out to play both of the new ones, I doubt it and about Mbemba, as far as I was aware he was left out on Saturday purely as a precaution and we saw how well he and Lascellas played together, so both new CB’s could be left out, Sels I think will start, as will Hayden and Gayle so for me there will be 5 new lads in for the Fulham match.

4 SPRINGY // Aug 3, 2016 at 9:57 AM

dont think elliot is back till october,and not sure krul has done much pre-season work so although he’s running apparently,i think he’s still a canny way from first team football….just from what i’ve read.

5 widowmagandapoke // Aug 3, 2016 at 9:57 AM

Top DRAWER

6 Jib // Aug 3, 2016 at 9:59 AM

I see Leroy Sane said he decided to sign for City after Pep G said he could make him a better player.
    It must be very flattering for any player when a worldy coach says that to you.
    That’s the Rafa factor.

7 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Not worried about any of the new signings – all have been brought in for a reason and whilst not all of Rafa’s ( or any managers including KK and SBR) will come off I expect the majority to have impact. All have had PL experince or are reckoned to be capable of playing there. All will be aware that there are potentially playing for a place in next season’s PL team – if everything works out as we hope.

I suspect gamez was brought in early in expectation of Janmaat going but now looks as though he is staying. Gives Rafa opportunities for difficult away games perhaps with Janmaat or Anita playing in front of Gamez ( or each other even).

Given Rafa’s reputation and the extra games in Championship I expect there will be rotation with few players being automatic starters for every game. Should help with keeping players fresh and help ease injury problems and loss of form.

On Clark he is an upgrade on Williamson and Taylor in my view and though he has apparently struggled of late I do remember him as a player with potential a couple of years ago. Interestingly like a few others he can play in various positions and cover will be needed both at start and from bench I am sure.

• 3 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:07 AM

Apologies thought I had cut and pasted only my comment

• 4 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:11 AM

Haha magscar. Happens to us all. Not really but….

• 5 Legolas // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:12 AM

I read that Elliot would be out for the rest of the year and Krul was a few weeks away yet.

To the old timers on the blog who was the poster who used to give some snippets about possible signings. Didn’t say he was a ITK but used to have a few connections. They have not been on for ages?

Jumped to this page. While I was posting. Still getting used to it.

• 6 tomellifred360 // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:13 AM

I am setting up a NUFC Fantasy Football League. All welcome!

• 7 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:13 AM

never mind could have been a long thread not just 7 comments 🙂

• 8 SPRINGY // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:14 AM

see fulham have meant to accepted villas bid for McCormack,if its 10m,then it might be a half decent deal but naything more is not for me,on happier note means we dont play him friday!lol

• 9 Ron Knee // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:14 AM

Thanks for the handy digest!

• 10 Fostino // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Definition of a panic buy. No wait..That was Doumbia

• 11 Legolas // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Santon to West Ham on loan. Sky sources. Interesting.

• 12 SPRINGY // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:19 AM

like i said previous, i had read/heard something similar about the crocked keepers, but elliot was october,and krul a while yet,has he done any preseason?…i’m not so sure.
    welcome to blog mate by the way.

• 13 Rafa Revolution // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Rafas getting a cracking squad together

• 14 JP...from The Rock // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:22 AM

Legolas – welcome mate. I can’t remember his name but he wasn’t that reliable either.

On Saivet I think he can come good. The little I’d seen of him he looked okay. Hasn’t been given much of a chance. Tbh I think he’ll stay and he seems to be a neat player and he scored a good goal in the open training session too.

• 15 SPRINGY // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:23 AM

14m for McCormack,thats seems a little to much for me, he’ll get goals in this league but it could be at a big cost.

• 16 JP...from The Rock // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:24 AM

Apparently McCormack is going for £14m. I wouldn’t be too keen on us spending 14m but then again he is a proven goalscorer in this division and he has a great freekick in him too. To hell with it go for him Rafa! We need more firepower upfront.

• 17 Legolas // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM

Thanks Springy and JP…from the rock.

As you said earlier springy. I think he has been running and gym work but not much else. Looks like he will start with Sels on Friday.

• 18 SPRINGY // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:26 AM

same thought’s about saivet,but all depends on the money marseille are willing to stump up,no loan though,we need to keep him to have a good look this season or sell out right,a loan is of no benefit to us at all.

• 19 G // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:28 AM

@5, do you mean Transfer Sage? (I think that was his name). There was also jimmymagpie who claimed his son was an agent or something, but he carked it a couple of years back.

• 20 JP...from The Rock // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Wasn’t his name ‘cwcarl’ or something and he had a twitter account too.

• 21 martoon // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:32 AM

Just tried to check the official site for confirmation of Diame & Clark and it seems to be offline – that’s handy!
    Mobile site is working though and nothing on there yet.

• 22 JP...from The Rock // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:32 AM

Or ‘cwchris’?

• 23 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:32 AM

I also cannot recall his name but his posts were enjoyable and interesting if read as intended.

As I recall he was a peripatetic Physio or some such who worked for clubs here and in France and often picked up snippets of gossip at clubs he was then at. He never claimed to be an ITK but passed on whatever he picked up on involving us , our players or those we were linked with.

I think he got fed up being called out on his info and not surprisingly gave up, feeling his contributions weren’t welcome.

Quite miss him but given France is no longer our happy hunting ground and our French stock has dwindled he won’t have as much gossip as before.

• 24 Mag52 // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:34 AM

My team for Fulham:

Anita Mbemba Lascelles Dummet
    Ritchie Hayden Colback Aarons
    Perez Gayle.

• 25 SPRINGY // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:34 AM

sels would be my guess,myt push darlows nose out joint like but thats not always a bad thing,good competition…but if sels does start hope he does’nt make an almighty bollick, as it myt put a bullseye on his back for the rest of the season.

• 26 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Torqtoon I think he was called.

• 27 trimac // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Wasn’t it cwarren?

• 28 Nufc-83 // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Posada exactly Jaanmat gets bad press on here for leaving gaps yet he is one of our main attacking outlets and the team should be set up to cover the full back going forward as with 99% of the teams out there. I expect either Jaanmat will leave or be first choice.

• 29 lochinvar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:36 AM

If McCormack is off our radar ( especially at £14m) then you would hope and believe that Rafa has someone else in mind and we are all missing who that might be ?

• 30 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:37 AM

And yeah, he never claimed to be anything just passed on tit bits he’d heard in his job.

Got far too much stick for it imo.

Shame as I Used to enjoy reading his info.

• 31 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:37 AM

On Saivet link I hope Marseilles aren’t looking to unsettle what they perceive as unwanted/unhappy bargains as they haven’t met Thauvin’s asking price yet.

No need to sell but the positions he can play in are well covered so if right offer made then so be it. At least we aren’t dependant on the cash from sales of such as him to bring in players. Easy either way.

• 32 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Torq Toon is correct

• 33 lochinvar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:40 AM

And if both Saviet and Thauvin head back to France then that confirms that Rafa is focused on players with the physical and mental stamina for the Championship and won’t consider any lightweights in his squad

• 34 Legolas // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:40 AM

Thanks everyone. Don’t think it was any names that has been mentioned but as magscar has said his posts were enjoyable and didn’t come across as a d**k. I am sure it is who magscar is talking about. I was just wondering.

• 35 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:41 AM

That bloke off twatter wasn’t connected to torqtoon (as far as I know) and was called Ccwar or something like that and was about as reliable as the links jizz provides.

Basically shite. He’d report stuff that had already been said then say something happening soon…..Yeah right, dikhead.

• 36 Legolas // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Sorry everyone, getting used to typing and reading. I can’t concentrate on both. Ha ha. Average that was it Torq toon. As some had said his posts were enjoyable. Cheers.

• 37 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:43 AM

Mag 52

Your line up is not far away from that which I reckon Rafa will go for except I expect Janmaat or Gamez will start at RB and Anita lose out unless Ritchie isn’t considered fit yet. Could even fit Anita on rightside and move Ritchie in for Perez or Aarons given it is our firts away game.

• 38 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:46 AM

On Goalies I think it is Sels’ to lose from the start but he won’t be allowed too many ricks

• 39 Legolas // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Springy, I like Darlow. I think he did a decent job second time around and it will be shame but good competition is what’s needed but I think it looks like delay for the nod but your right he needs to have a good game.

• 40 Legolas // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:48 AM

*Sels. Predictive texts sucks.

• 41 martoon // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:50 AM

Average_Contents @35 – The guy on Twitter is Colin – cwarr07 – I follow him because he is good comedy value but knows no more than we do. I don’t think he is connected to Torquetoon but I agree Torque did pass some good snippets of information without being a complete itk tool.
    On twitter I find one of the best itk is Soccer Sauce but they are sometimes wrong but normally pretty accurate with toon stuff.

• 42 barkel // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:50 AM

i’d say you’ve got 10 of 11 there, can’t see anita starting at RB ahead of Janmaat, Gamez or even Sterry, apart from that and in probably a 451 with Perez in the no. 10, you’ve got it

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:54 AM

Aye, it was Torquay toon he was some kind of physio for one of the French teams. Tbf though there was only a couple of posters in the mould of Toon bothered who gave him grief. He should have manned up and ignored it.

• 44 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Cwarr was (is) full of it.

• 45 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2016 at 10:59 AM

Yeah that’s the bloke lol.

Waste of spunk him like.

I agree, soccer sauce are one of the better ones (as far as better ones go on twatter)

Thanks for doing the league thing too.

• 46 manxpie // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:00 AM

The good old itk days! Barnetta is still locked in that hotel room btw

• 47 Our Toon // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Darlow is a poor keeper, hopefully Selz is better and pushes him out. Out of our keepers the weakest is Darlow.

Nufc 83 – janmaat is very good at get forward but he can’t cross, I’d say Anita is a better crosser of the ball. Janmaat is also a coward as he showed in the Swansea game, a bottler. I can’t stand the bloke but hopefully he hits the ground running. The worst attribute is his defending, he can’t defend to save his life

• 48 JP...from The Rock // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Yeahh that was it cwarr the guybfrom twitter

• 49 off the ball // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:03 AM

final league position 1st
    final no of points 108
    league cup final win
    fa cup 4th round
    player of season ( blog) shelvey
    top goal scorer (TGS) gayle
    no of goals for TGS 29

• 50 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Manx, that was the other lad who worked at the hotel in Jesmond.

I’ve forgotten is name. Supposedly had to stop because they found out info was being leaked wasn’t it? Or was that just a rumour? I’m sure he tweeted about having to lie low for a bit.

• 51 Spoof // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Our Toon

if all were fully fit and match fit who would your choice be for the keeper, back four and two holding players ?

• 52 Belfast // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:04 AM

Craig Coozy.

• 53 Belfast // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:05 AM

That was him Laurent Robert. He got caught out because the Twitter gossips got hold of it and his boss found out.

• 54 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Belfast, that’s him.

• 55 martoon // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Average @45 – No problem – I’m quite sad and actually quite enjoy collating the predictions although it is a chore searching through all the blogs looking for them. Last year I had about 100 posters and this year I’m already up to 98 which is pretty good – there are quite a few names I’ve never seen before.

• 56 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:07 AM

Shame, as his info seemed to check out – Craig Coozy.

• 57 manxpie // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:08 AM

Yeah that’s the one Laurent coozy or summit like that, good times lol
    yeah i remember he nearly lost his job and never been seen since

• 58 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:08 AM

*check out- – pardon the pun…

• 59 WWSBRD // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Coozy was always spot on with his ITK stuff, Torq was hit and miss but tbf he was a good poster on the blog, what happened to him?

• 60 Belfast // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:14 AM

Coozy was the only one that was reliable. I don’t think there was very many people on Twitter back then then though. It was a closed shop on here see no evil hear no evil. 🙂

• 61 Ron Knee // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Torq hasn’t posted for a couple of years, I think.

• 62 Belfast // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Aye Jail scared him off.

• 63 Legolas // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:17 AM

Martoon, you wouldn’t have seen my name before. I have just started to post but have read the blog for a number of years now. Thanks for doing it.

• 64 Oldgit1 // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:19 AM

@ Martoon

My predictions for what they are worth.

final league position 2nd
    final no of points 94
    league cup final win
    fa cup semis
    player of season ( blog) colback
    top goal scorer (TGS) gayle
    no of goals for TGS 19

• 65 Shot Bru // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Torq worked for Bath Rugby Club and had good contacts aligned to NUFC sources.

He passed away a couple of years ago.

• 66 martoon // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Legolas @63 – no problem I’m pleased I’ve encouraged you to come out the shadows and start posting 😉

• 67 The one and Ayoze 17 // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:34 AM

@ Martoon

My predictions

Final league position 1st
    Final points 98
    League cup QF
    Fa cup 5th round
    Player of the season (blog) Perez
    Top goal scorer (tgs) gayle
    No of goals (tgs) 24

• 68 outside the box // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:36 AM

gayle played on leftside with dummett using janmatt and anita on right for friendly ….suspect team for fulham will be close to that which started…my guess
    janmatt hanley lascelles dummett
    hayden colbeck
    anita shelvey perez

unless mbemba or gamez get the nod

• 69 Ron Knee // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Diamé has been offered a 3-year contract, apparently.

• 70 Shot Bru // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:37 AM

final league position 6th
    final no of points 84
    league cup 2nd rnd
    fa cup semis
    player of season ( blog) Perez
    top goal scorer (TGS) gayle
    no of goals for TGS 24

• 71 Nufc-83 // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:37 AM

Our toon you have your opinion on Jaanmatt which I totally disagree with but we have gone over this many times so no point in getting back into it although like you I do question his character. I believe he will show his form again and easily be first choice rb for us if he doesn’t leave for a decent club before hand.

• 72 cestriasteve // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:41 AM

The poster from a few back “Colbeck can rot on the bench” do you not think that’s a bit strong?
    Colbeck is a good squad player, right up RB’s street, works hard, will do what he is told, gives 100% every week and can play in numerous positions. Look I think he’s average, always was and probably won’t improve but saying “rot” is out of order!! Save it for Sissoko!!

• 73 SPRINGY // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:41 AM

looking forward to friday,be interesting to see what side is put and who plays where,also how everyone plays,have’nt seen much of pre-season,not that it shows to much but hoping for skill,pace and clinical finishing and strength.

• 74 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:42 AM

final league position 1st
    final no of points 110
    league cup final win
    fa cup 5th round
    player of season ( blog) Ritchie
    top goal scorer (TGS) Gayle
    no of goals for TGS 23

Obviously we’re all guessing, but I looked at the winners over the last 4 seasons. Leicester’s record in 13/14 of 6 losses I think we could maybe do better than and lose just 4. We could maybe draw one less than them at 8 instead of 9.

League Cup may be taken lightly by some teams which Rafa will no doubt try and exploit, and with his record, I’m being hopeful. The constantly rotating side could keep them fresh, used to playing with each other and confidence will be up over a sustained period.

Ritchie for player of the year because he scores and assists well and if the team is on form over long periods, he should provide the crosses and chip in with some as well. A very productive player. I swayed more for an attacking player than a defender because of our positive play. Lascelles or Gamez were my other possible choices, maybe Anita for his versatility.

This links in with Gayle (I did have Mitro) as he may well be on the end of Ritchie’s good work, plus he is quick and the last time we were in the Championship I noticed it was noticeably far slower with slower players. It depends if Rafa gets another striker in – We don’t know that yet. (Is top goal scorer in the league or including the cups?)

I think the goals might be spread out a bit more than recent years.

It’s all guesswork, but still there has to be some basis around it.

• 75 lesh // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:45 AM

Legolas, JP

Wasn’t there a poster who worked in the Jesmond Dean Hotel who used to post when incoming players used to stay before formally signing? His/ her posts stopped rather abruptly and was probably disciplined for breaching confidentiality. Cwarr was the name, I think.

• 76 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:45 AM

Shot Bru@65

Sad news about Torq.

Often wonder what has happened to regular posters who drop out of Blog without any apparent reason.

• 77 Shot Bru // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Torq was quality! Magic conversation and well informed.

• 78 outside the box // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:54 AM

got gayle and ritchie mixed up @68
    meant to read ritchie and dummett on left side with janmatt and anita on right for friendly

janmatt hanley lascelles dummett
    hayden colbeck
    anita shelvey ritchie

with gamez mbemba perez ones to come on

• 79 lesh // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Yup, coozy’s nearer the mark than my stab with cwarr.

• 80 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Not far away from my thinking except in League Cup stronger PL sides are usually waiting after quarters and by then we will be really looking to consolidate on promotion chances. Similarly with Fa Cup from 3rd round promotion will be uppermost in our minds.

Fancy Gayle and Perez to chip in fair number of goals but Mitro will be needed for high balls into box at times against packed defences especially at home and will get a lot (I hope). Expect him to perform better this season and also benefit those playing off him for 2cnd ball.

We could be in for some freekicks and penalties to exploit as well.

• 81 hibbitt // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:55 AM

shot bru@65
    do you mean he died ???

• 82 SPRINGY // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:58 AM

outside the box
    i’ve been wondering if anita will get a chance out wide right,could help janmaats game if he plays there…would catch a few people out if that were the case though.

• 83 manxpie // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:58 AM

Jesus Laurent that’s very close to my prediction what’s happening?
    You’ve got 4 more points than me tho plus I think we’ll do a little bit better in the fa cup also I just said final of league cup because I don’t want to jinx it!

• 84 JamesToon // Aug 3, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Been watching a bit of Fulham’s pre season and they look a very dangerous and attacking outfit, play good football and could be dark horses this season, but mccormack will be a big loss. They outplayed Palace, and have a lot of pace. Ayite, Aluko and Cairney the danger men to watch out for. By no means they are push overs, and we allknow fulham has been our bogey ground.

Howay the lads!

• 85 Shot Bru // Aug 3, 2016 at 12:00 PM

Yes…according to his family who posted on the blog

• 86 Mister Tuff // Aug 3, 2016 at 12:02 PM

The most recent Torq Toon – worked doing cardiology assessments at some French Football clubs – including ASSE ( jib – that is not a donkey like creature – but St Etienne Football Club). Often reported on Aubameyang.
    One or two gave him some grief.

• 87 Jail for Ashley // Aug 3, 2016 at 12:02 PM

That was Jimmymagpie

• 88 Shot Bru // Aug 3, 2016 at 12:03 PM

Van Persie would round off the signings we have already made.

Guaranteed goals and way better than spending $14 million on McCormack as people have suggested.

1 year contract with option of another if we go up.

• 89 JP...from The Rock // Aug 3, 2016 at 12:03 PM

Shot bru- sh!t I am sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace and my condolences to his family.

• 90 Mister Tuff // Aug 3, 2016 at 12:05 PM

How many goes at the predictions for this season does Ian Toon get. Just one or has he negotiated multiple entries.

• 91 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 3, 2016 at 12:07 PM

magscar, I did have Mitro in but 4 games missing will knock him down a couple and I don’t know if we’ll bring another striker in.

Rafa’s paid £10m for Gayle so I think he’ll play a fair bit and like I said, I thought the Championship was so much slower last time. A big gap.

For the cups, I just thought that with Rafa building a big squad of potentially 2 11s – a lot of whom are Premier League proven anyway – plus his vast experience of actually win cups on a fairly repetitive basis, I’m adding a dash of hope in there 🙂

Manx, what’s happening indeed… Cups could be the other way around but I just went for the seemingly ‘weaker’ thought of Cup.

Just guesswork, but Rafa is meaning business and this isn’t an ordinary manager just taking over – with all the assurances and the ‘project’ mentality that has been brought in. 🙂

Hopefully it will all continue to develop and we’ll all enjoy the football ahead of us once more.

• 92 magscar // Aug 3, 2016 at 12:07 PM

Shot Bru

Wondered how you knew.

The only family who I recall posted re someone’s passing was Jimmy Magpie’s – may have missed it but I do read most days and catch up when I have missed.

• 93 Jib // Aug 3, 2016 at 12:09 PM

You know Rafa could be tempted by the 2 young Madrid players mentioned in the Sissoko soap opera
    Especially the 23 year old striker Mariano Diaz who scores for fun in the Spanish “B” liga
    He scored a brilliant 3rd for Real in Michigan versus Chelsea the other day