The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Sissoko Speaks Again – Lots Of Exclusive Clubs Want Me

8:47 am, Saturday, August 6th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 23 Comments

Moussa Sissoko has been at it again and he has talked about the many clubs who are  interested in signing him and the many exclusive clubs he may join –  in his own words – a more exclusive club.

That means more exclusive than little Newcastle United – his current club.

moussa-sissoko-france

Moussa Sissoko – in action for France in Euro 2016

This is what Sissoko told Foot Mercato today:

“I still hope to have the chance to join a more exclusive club. Now we are negotiating with Newcastle.”

“My agent has had discussions with the club. They are open to a departure,” “We are in discussions. We’ll see what happens.”

“Yes, some clubs have come. A lot of clubs. Now, I expect and hope it will lead to something good. “

“They discussed with the club, with my agent. We’ll see what happens.”

“I know what I want. Where shall I go? I do not know yet. There are discussions that are ongoing with the leaders, with my agent. “

“The best decision we take. All clubs are advanced. We’ll see.”

“Who would not be flattered with that interest,” “Real Madrid is one or the best clubs in the world. “For now, I am still a Newcastle player.”

“I wait. And if it’s Real Madrid, so much the better.”

“It’s true that Real Madrid is hard to refuse. But as I said, there will be plenty of things that come into account.”

“We will have to think about. I will take a decision with my agent.”

Moussa is his own best fan and started his own fan club – he was the first signed up member who paid his dues in full.

Well that’s the rumor anyway.

And he’s probably disappointed that only £35M is being asked for him by Newcastle United – he’ll think he’s worth more than that.

But with Newcastle’s very poor showing at Fulham last night, Rafa Benitez will not be willing to let him go for anything less than £35M in cash.

Tags: Coaching · Financials · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

23 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bobbybee // Aug 6, 2016 at 8:56 AM

Jesus wept, will he never give it up? Real Madrid won’t buy him because he simply isn’t good enough imo, but if they do I’ll happily take their money. In fact, the sooner the better. Until then though, he needs a reminder who pays his wages and shut the f up. Or is he deliberately making it impossible for Rafa to pick him? What a tool.

• 2 toon kk // Aug 6, 2016 at 8:56 AM

Sissoko will end up bench warming at Real Madrid.

• 3 TheBoss // Aug 6, 2016 at 8:57 AM

He needs sectioned under the mental health act.. The Boy is Deluded to say the least…

• 4 Jail for Ashley // Aug 6, 2016 at 8:57 AM

Last night the passing was terrible and at least now we have a squad big enough to change players out who didn’t perform where as in the past certain players would be guaranteed a start no matter how poorly they played. Last night showed that we need another winger and a big striker. It’s OK saying Mitro vice is due back, if he’s ever injured or suspended we have very few options to turn things round up top. We’re only one point worse off than the this time the year we got promoted with 102 points.

• 5 JamesToon // Aug 6, 2016 at 8:58 AM

Thought Gayle did hold the ball up well at times in the first half but he does need better service. At times we worked the ball well where we had 2 massive chances for Ritchie which were blocked, we just need to do that more often and keep solid and organised when out Of possession.

• 6 JDdubai // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:00 AM

I really hope Rafa isnt really considering this guy for the next match. He should never play for us again.

Once again public whoring, no need whatsoever for it, just a slap in the face of the club and fans. Everyone knows he wants to go, doubtless his agent has contacted every team he can think of about a transfer so why go public?

Actually the only logical reason would be that no team would be willing to pay a decent price for him so he has no offers at all and has to do this to publicly plead to leave.

Im fine that he wants to leave and cant blame him as no doubt when he signed he was told that after 18 months we will sell him on to a top team so he gets the move and we get the profit. But keep your mouth shut, no reason his deal cant be done behind the scenes like 99.9% of others.

He is just crapping it because he clearly has no options right now.

Utter bellend.

• 7 toon22 // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:01 AM

Mitro will be a nightmare this season with the new rules hes too hot headed.
    Our strikers arnt always going to be albe to hit teams on the break,we need a big target man.

• 8 JamesToon // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Already seen people making comparisons between Rafa and McCardew which is unbelievable. I think he will see the problems and will change things as needed

• 9 JDdubai // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:03 AM

A small CF playing on his own up front is 100% reliant on those around him, especailly the 10, to bring him into the game. Cant blame Gayle for last night.

• 10 Nufc-83 // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:05 AM

Need a winger and target man desperately as Anita should never see a wide role again (can’t believe Aarons didn’t start).

Then if we can get in a good all round left back and to top it off a creative cam (we need someone who can pick the ball up in tight spaces and dribble out aka Beardsley).

• 11 Lindisfarne // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:05 AM

Sissoko needs to reflect on his stats rather than standing in front of the mirror all day.

• 12 JDdubai // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:06 AM

Is Shola still without a club??

• 13 Bobbybee // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:09 AM

No striker, even the best in the world, can score goals without adequate service. The midfield let us down by failing to provide those chances, but at the same time, the defence let them down by trying to bypass them with long balls. Fortunately we have options this season and Rafa won’t hesitate to make sweeping changes if required. Last night was a nightmare, but we have plenty of time to put it right and the right man to do it.

• 14 toon kk // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:10 AM

Still very early days but last night was a poor performance. I bet if martoon had another prediction poll people Might be a little more realistic! Most saying that we’ll get over 100 points is rather optimistic. I do expect us having a good season but I’m not so sure about automatic promotion.

• 15 jon.c // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:11 AM

He has lost the plot will anyone want a physco in there team who the hell does he think he is

• 16 jimmysmith // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:12 AM

It’s just as dependant on his movement and the amount of possession we have. He ran around, but I’m not sure how effectively. Armstrong’s movement appeared better than either Perez or Gayle. Still it was away and the first match of the season. I expect we will see far better from both, but I do think Mitro will be the main man.

• 17 Goofy // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Hahaha this guy is crazy! Hope he gets what he deserves and is stuck with us. All the other Managers will be thinking the same as us that this guy’s head is so far up his own a$$. Who actually ever gives themselves 10/10? Yeah he was not bad in the Euro’s but has sucked for the past 2 years.

• 18 Lindisfarne // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:15 AM

Regarding last nights game, I agree with what a lot of people are saying about the lack of incisive passes. Which is a worry as all the league games are going to be the same. We played the first half like we were the home team and it was like watching England, just knew that it was not going to work. Despite the result, I think Rafa will start with the same team in the next few matches, use his substitutes to challenge players to make the position their own.

• 19 BandB // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:17 AM

We need to move the ball forward faster. The build-up was slow and the passing too often inaccurate, in the second half, which I saw. By the time we got the ball wide, Fulham, a side in transition themselves, were back in numbers and set.
    It looks to me that Rafa sees Anita as able to fill some roles Wijnaldum and Sissoko “filled.” We’ll have to wait to see if he’s right about that.
    Fulham looked more organised than us, and the gap in talent between the two sides, and several others, is not the chasm some have imagined. The maths are that five or six defeats in this league can make automatic promotion an uphill task, and creates pressure on to win more anddraw fewer games.
    One silver lining for the future was the general wastefulness of the finishing, a feature of this league. We won’t be punished for our defensive lapses with metronomic regularity in this league. But we do need to make and take more of our own chances than we did last night.

• 20 Oleg G // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:21 AM

I don’t care if we don’t go up because he is not a player in the team.

I WANT HIM OUT!!!

His disrespect for the team and his teammates and the fans is too much.
    He should be fined and thye should put him to play with the academy.

• 21 Munster Mag // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:21 AM

Sissoko isnt what we need ed. We need more creativity and more power and pace up front. Rafa can be blamed for much of what we saw last night and its time we stopped over praising him. We were set up incorrectly but predictably and we played a slow brand of football which owes a lot to an obsession with defensive structure. Ritchie and anita were errors in terms of set up but predictable. We still need 3 more players and we have got 8 ! Diame will help a lot but we need shelvey to improve or for rafa to believe in him because we have little creativity and i am not sure that diame is a passer in the traditional sense. I appreciate that mitro is unavailable but rafa’s confidence in him and shelvey could well determine how we fare

• 22 geordiemark // Aug 6, 2016 at 9:48 AM

if I was team manager I would put sissoko with the juniors train miles away from the first team hes to unsettling for the first team squad to be around, id try sell him as quick as possible really, I thought we might have got a draw at least at Fulham but these results happen its a testing time we have just about a new team they have to get used with each others play, I would be happy with a play off place this season because I can see this being one big slog league to get out of yeah we done it last time but this isn’t the same its different, I still think we need a player who can turn a game on its head meaning a good dynamic midfielder, I would swap it about like 3 at the back with a sweeper system I would stow the midfield off, we have to give rafa time and the players mistakes do happen

• 23 mindcompressor // Aug 6, 2016 at 11:00 AM

What his agent is negotiating with the Club about? Situartion is clear 35M and he can go. Maybe his uncle can pay 35M to NUFC to buy him out and than make a gift for Real Madrid as big best bench warmer 🙂 Probably it is crying, come on, let me go for 5M, nobody will pay this much for me :)))

previous post: Newcastle Defeat Could Be Bad News For Wantaway Star