The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Negotiating For Highly Rated Danish Wonderkid

9:15 am, Tuesday, August 9th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 20 Comments

Rafa Benitez is trying to build up the player ranks of Newcastle at all levels of the club and it’s not surprising to see him bring in some younger players this summer, who can strengthen both the U-18 Youth side and the Newcastle U-21 side.

There is news today that Newcastle are interested in signing 16 year-old striker Elias Sorensen (full name Elias Fritjof Grænge Sorensen) who plays for HB Koge in Denmark.

Elias Sorensen

Elias Sorensen of HB Koge – turns 17 next month

It’s interesting that their Sporting Director has said today the club are  in negotiations with Newcastle over the transfer of the youngster to Tyneside.

Sorenson is already a good player and he’s already played for the HB Koge first team, so he’s just the kind of young precocious player Newcastle want to sign and bring to Tyneside.

He has come on five times this season for the HB Koge first team, with all appearances coming from the bench.

Hopefully if he arrives on Tyneside he can be developed into a top player, although Newcastle have not had much success in doing that over the last nine years and many top youngsters brought in have just not made it.

This is what Koge Sporting Director Per Rud has said in the outlet Bold.dk today:

“It is true that we are still talking to Newcastle, and we have had several great conversations with them, and it is likely to end up with a transfer.”

“As with everything else in this world, I cannot say anything with certainty until it is fully in place, and the ends are not achieved together yet.”

“But I’d be lying if I said that there isn’t some truth, for it is there.”

Tags: Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

20 responses so far ↓

• 1 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:19 AM

From last…

It’s true Shameobi did better than mcgoldfinger at the higher levels, but I was just putting into perspective the type of signing he would be. In a way, Shola being better at this level makes it MORE worrying.

• 2 BandB // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:23 AM

Is this the riff-rafalution?

• 3 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:28 AM

I can’t see there being truth in the McGoldrick stuff. He has been rumoured to be on his way out of Ipswich since last season ended. It will just be journalists putting 2 and 2 together and getting 371, I hope.

I see PSG’s president has said that there business is done for the summer. Who will Moussa’s agent leak to the press next as being interested next? Whilst his interviews may be being manipulated and selectively edited, the bloke is clearly an idiot if he didn’t know this would happen. Alternatively, he knows it will annoy people, and is working on making his position at the club so untenable that the price drops for him to get his move.

• 4 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:30 AM

Jib

I have to have a chuckle at a lottle bit of irony…. You posted “do keep up” on a previous article after ed had released a newer one at least 5 minutes beforehand 😀

• 5 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:30 AM

Lottle? Little*

• 6 Jib // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:35 AM

With regard to the previous blog please note

“Jib // Aug 5, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    The Toon are supposedly interested in Ipswich’s 28 year old striker David McGoldrick.
    He’s very much in the Mitro mould a 6’1? bishbosh handful.”

It was just before BandB threatened me with live rounds rather than water cannon.

It would be really nice if when one of these items came up , someone could say ——-
    “Hey did Jib not mention this chap 4 days ago !”

• 7 Jib // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:36 AM

🙁

• 8 Bryan // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:39 AM

BandB
    I kind of agree. Apart from Richie, in my opinion all the other signings are just Championship quality. I don’t agree with this “we need players with Championship experience”. Good players can play at any level and good players should stroll through the Championship. So buy good Premier league quality players or otherwise I think we will just turn into another Championship side pushing for promotion. My real concern is, when we get promoted, and I think we will, we will be left with too many championship quality players on long contracts that are not good enough for the Premier league. Will we turn into Burnley or Hull? I hope not.

• 9 BandB // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:45 AM

Bryan,

I was just asking the question.
    Imagine McClaren was still in charge and all else was equal.
    Would the reviews be so positive?
    Rafa has a honeymoon period. The Emperor better have some clothes or it won’t last long.

• 10 Jib // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:48 AM

Bryan you are falling into the same trap as other posters.
    Someone said the other day when the Mackems were after a player – we should just step in and get him.

WHAT?

Yoo Hoo everyone !!!!
    NUFC are in the Championship !!!
    Young men with footballing ambition and PL quality are going to sign for PL clubs 99% of the time.

• 11 BandB // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:55 AM

So what were those positives you saw in relegation then, Jib?

• 12 Jib // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Juventus offer £4 million for Tim Krul

• 13 Jib // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:58 AM

Rangers want Adam Armstrong on loan
    (it is in the Sun like)
    🙁

• 14 Jib // Aug 9, 2016 at 10:00 AM

B and B
    The acquisition of Rafa you silly Wilhemina

• 15 BandB // Aug 9, 2016 at 10:03 AM

We acquired Rafa to PREVENT us getting relegated from the Premier League, didn’t we?
    How did relegation lead to the acquisition of Rafa, SFB?

• 16 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 9, 2016 at 10:03 AM

2BandB // Aug 9, 2016 at 9:23 AM

Is this the riff-rafalution?

Hahaha. Like it.

• 17 Our Toon // Aug 9, 2016 at 10:04 AM

I’m not fussed on getting a striker, to me the problem is lack of creativity. Ritchie is the only player from Friday who can create something out of the midfield that started on Friday.

3 players I’d get and push all out for are forresteri, knockaert and Browning at LB, I’d have loved gnabry on loan but seems as though wba are going to get him.

• 18 hibbitt // Aug 9, 2016 at 10:06 AM

what the press dont know they make up !!

• 19 Rotonda heights // Aug 9, 2016 at 10:40 AM

jib craving attention and praise…surely not!

• 20 Rotonda heights // Aug 9, 2016 at 10:40 AM

we’ll forget about all the howlers!!

previous post: Newcastle Reported After Irish International Striker