Tone-Deaf Sissoko Speaks Again – More Embarrassment

Moussa Sissoko has spoken again to the press, this time to the BBC World Service, and he has again put his foot in it – but what’s new?

Moussa has addressed the concern and anger Newcastle fans have over his continuous statements in the press about wanting to leave the club.

moussa-sissoko-france

Tone-deaf Moussa Sissoko

This is what Sissoko told the BBC World Service today:

“I hope Real will come for me, I’m still waiting,” “If Real Madrid are interested in you then of course you will be happy, but right now I am still a Newcastle player.”

“They (Newcastle fans) need to understand, I spent three-and-a-half years here.”

“I gave everything for this club and I want to play some big games. For that I need to go somewhere else.”

“I want to play in the Premier League, I want to play for a big club who can get into the Champions League. That’s why I said I want to leave this year.”

“I’ve spent a lot of time here and now it’s time to look forward. The fans need to understand my situation”

“I hope they will and that everything will be OK.”

And Sissoko needs to understand he still has three years left on his contract at Newcastle.

With Rafa Benitez now at the club we are closer to becoming a top team in a year or two than we have for many years.

But Sissoko doesn’t see that and he doesn’t see that it was Rafa who coached him into his good form for Newcastle at the end of the season.

That good form then carried on for France in the knockout rounds of Euro 2016.

Moussa is what you call tone-deaf – in metaphorical terms – and there’s some other descriptions we shouldn’t get into.

Definition of tone-deaf both literally and metaphorically:

“Used literally, tone-deaf denotes a kind of insensitivity to the musical pitch.”

“Used metaphorically it denotes a gross insensitivity to how a remark or complaint or action is likely to offend an important segment of its likely audience.”

The sooner this player leaves the better – as long as we get £35M for him so he can go off and play some big games for Real Madrid.

• Jib

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:26 PM

• kimbo

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:29 PM

I disagree with what he is saying and he is one of the players who got us relegated, he is not good enough for Champions League about time he faces the truth. If some daft mugs want to pay us £30+million I am happy with that.
    Please please sell Anita as well.

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM

What a tool this guy is! “I’ve been three years here, i have to go, I hope the fans understand” or something to that effect. Moussa you dic*head if Madrid wanted you they would have by now. You’re shite and always have been. 3 good games in the euros doesn’t make you a star all of a sudden. Talk about a reality check needed for this fool!

Stop selling yourself like a cheap whore and shut the hell up. Play well CONSISTENTLY for the team that pays your massive wages and perhaps you can fulfill one of your many dream moves to another ‘bigger’ club!!!

So sick of this disrespectful idiot!!!

• scout

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM

Is he insane? Someone show him his stats from last season ffs. The man is a clown.

I would actually give him away just to get rid

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:33 PM

Rafa please fine this clown!!

• perezthenewtorres

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:33 PM

I think all of this sh*te from Moussa should be ignored and he should be left too rot in the reserves until he’s realised how disrespectful he is being too the club that pays his wages.

• perezthenewtorres

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:35 PM

The only person who will hire this clown is Pardew, the even bigger clown!!

• WWSBRD

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:35 PM

scout
    Pretty sure he was in the top 10 for chance creations last season in a relegated team, his stats are pretty good considering

• Thump

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:37 PM

Funny that, Moussa. They’re all things we want.

• perezthenewtorres

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:37 PM

The guy is a liability. Anybody fancy having a ‘whip it out’ (auf pet reference) for his flight to Madrid?

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Why doesn’t he just do an “Odemwinge” and just travel to madrid on the off chance. Theres loads of madrid based clubs, one of them could surely make a space in the kit cupboard for him to sleep. He is housetrained

• Toon Tang

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:43 PM

This lads an absolute chump. Sick of the sight/smell of him, just get him gone for chuff sakes man.

• NUFCPaul

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:44 PM

I’m sure some fans would understand him wanting away despite the fact that his poor play last season helped to relegate us. However, even those fans who might have had some sympathy are getting pissed off at him constantly name checking other teams.

Let your agent do his job behind the scenes and keep your gob shut Sissoko. Get on with your training and be ready to potentially play some games. If your agent can’t get you out then you’re stuck with us. And you’ll be regretting opening your big trap when you have to step out in front of +50k Toon supporters.

• Oleg G

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:44 PM

1. 3.5 years? Doesn’t matter. You have a contract.

2. You want to go? No problem. Do it on the down low. Don’t need to spit in the fans’ and club’s faces.

3. Gave all? Really? Have you seen yourself play? You are a tool as a person and you are a lazy player.

4. You hope Real will come for you? We also hope for that to happen.

5. The difference between great players and lazy players like you is that great players take football teams and improve them, and lazy players like you sit on the bench while they come to a club that is already established.

• Our Toon

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Making him rot in the reserves doesn’t do us any good does it? If we get an offer accept it but only if it’s in our best interests. If not then pick him and make him force a move by putting in performances!!

I stopped reading what sissoko says or apparently says, doesn’t bother me at all and shouldn’t really bother anyone else, it’s quite funny to watch him suffer like this and become more and more desperate

• Ibizatoon

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:49 PM

Honestly Moussa….playing hard to get, will get you nowhere.

Just say what it is you want.

• WWSBRD

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:50 PM

Squawka have him down as creating 56 chances last season too

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:53 PM

WWSBRD,
    Given I shared the Telegraph’s actual link, I’d be dubious on the Mag’s ‘reporting’.

• beefman13

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:56 PM

If Sissoko gets the Real Madrid move, great for us, but I can guarantee everyone after a few games he will be on the subs bench, I would say he had a dozen good games for us at the most in three and a half years, good ridence.

• JamesToon

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:57 PM

Looks like Galloway won’t be here in time for Huddersfield.

Sels
    Janmaat, Mbemba, Lascelles, Gamez
    Shelvey, Hayden
    Ritchie, Diame, Aarons
    Gayle

• Moonraker15

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:09 PM

ZZ is waiting for highlights of Moussa’s season and they keep rerunning the one goal he scored from different angles!
    Moussa, trust us, we want you to go but no one wants you but Pardiola! Haha

• Veltman

Aug 12, 2016 at 8:56 AM

Sissoko won’t go anywhere.