The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Face Tough Schedule Through August

8:36 am, Friday, August 12th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

Newcastle United’s EFL Cup second round tie at home against Cheltenham Town has been scheduled for  Tuesday, 23rd August with a 7.45pm kick-off time.

That has now been announced on the Newcastle web-site but was put out by Cheltenham yesterday as an alert to their fans who want to make the trip north to Newcastle.

EFL logo

With that EFL cup fixture Newcastle will have five games to play before the end of August with four of them being at home, plus a trip to Bristol City.

So hopefully we can get a number of wins under our belt before the two week International break starts after our home game with Brighton on 27th August.

And of course the transfer window ends on August 31st, so we should get things sorted by then including whether Moussa Sissoko stays or goes.

That’s five games in the next 15 days so a good opportunity for Rafa to give various players of the squad a game.

Here’s the August schedule:

Sat 13	15:00	H   Huddersfield   FLC
Wed 17	19:45	H   Reading	   FLC
Sat 20	15:00	A   Bristol City   FLC
Tue 23  19:45   H   Cheltenham     EPL
Sat 27	17:30	H   Brighton	   FLC

It’s going to be crucial that Newcastle have done (very) well before the two week International break starts.

Tags: Championship · EFL · League Cup · Newcastle News · Other News

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 Spoof // Aug 12, 2016 at 8:40 AM

Knockeart would be a godsend, it’s often said that wingers can play on either wing, as true as that may be certain wingers do have a preference, Townsend started as a left winger for McClaren and to be frank he was shyte, but when he was moved to the right then he was great, I know that we haven’t seen as much of Aarons as we should of but from what we have seen he is the opposite of Townsend as he looks great on the left but on the odd occasion that the wingers have swapped and he is onthe right then again he has been shyte, it’s the same with Ritchie, he has got to be played on the right so with Aarons we have a good pairing.

But we need more than two wingers and if you look at Knockeart’s record for last season he played half of the season for Brighton on the right where he was really good, but if you look at his record for Leige he only ever played on the left where he was equally as good as he was for Brighton, very rarely you do get a winger who is an opponents nightmare whichever wing he is on and Knockeart is one of those wingers, look at his record for last season.

• 2 OLLY6 // Aug 12, 2016 at 8:44 AM

Dummett news should break news soon he was done there yesterday afternoon
    Didn’t want to leave but told to go
    As I’m a WUM I be gone

• 3 Jib // Aug 12, 2016 at 8:48 AM

You just answered my Q on the previous page 😀

• 4 OLLY6 // Aug 12, 2016 at 8:48 AM

Dummett news should break news soon he was down there yesterday afternoon

Didn’t want to leave but told to go
    As I’m a WUM I be gone

• 5 Jib // Aug 12, 2016 at 8:56 AM

• 6 Spoof // Aug 12, 2016 at 8:57 AM

I’m a clairvoyant in my spare time so being considerate as I am I decided to answer your question before you asked it—————————–please don’t ask for tomorrow’s lottery numbers as I’m also a greedy bastard in the remainder of my spare time and I don’t like sharing lol

• 7 Spoof // Aug 12, 2016 at 8:59 AM

I’d rather them go for Haidara !

• 8 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 12, 2016 at 9:06 AM

Great news if we can sod Dummett off. Just need to get rid of Colback as well and sign the following:

• 9 clinath@ed // Aug 12, 2016 at 9:07 AM

4 games at home Ed…..not my idea of tough. Now last seasons fixtures in August, THAT was tough

previous post: Newcastle Considering New Improved Bid For Forward