The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Transfer Request Means Brendan Galloway Loan Closer

1:08 pm, Friday, August 12th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 14 Comments

It seems that Everton boss Ronald Koeman does not want to allow Brendan Galloway to go on loan to Newcastle for the season until he brings in more defensive reinforcements, after the Toffees sold John Stones to Manchester City for close to £50M.

Koeman has already signed Swansea city captain Ashley Williams as a replacement and news today that another target – Sunderland impressive center-back Lamine Kone – wants to join Everton.

Lamine+Kone+Sunderland+v+Everton+Premier+League+W2Yglnz6aiTl

Lamine Kone scoring against Everton last season

Kone has put in a transfer request at the Black Cats.

The 27-year-old issued this statement:

“After a week in which there has been a vast amount of speculation with regard to my future at Sunderland football club, I think that it is only fair to the fans of the club to clarify the situation.”

“At the end of last season, I was told by the club that I would be offered a new contract. Following numerous phone conversations and face-to-face meetings.”

“The latest of these took place today with David Moyes and Martin Bain [Chief Executive], no contract has been forthcoming.”

“It is therefore with much regret that I can only assume that I do not figure in David Moyes’ future plans.”

The ball is now in Sunderland’s court, but if as expected Kone does move to Everton the loan move of Brendan Galloway to Newcastle could be completed early next week.

We need Brendan on board, because we have five games to play in the next 15 days.

Sat 13	15:00	H   Huddersfield   FLC
Wed 17	19:45	H   Reading	   FLC
Sat 20	15:00	A   Bristol City   FLC
Tue 23  19:45   H   Cheltenham     EPL
Sat 27	17:30	H   Brighton	   FLC

Tags: Financials · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

14 responses so far ↓

• 1 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:13 PM

CAM please, Winger please, LB please, Striker please thanks. Then we can think of our games. In fact I would go as far as to say we need TWO new CM.

• 2 Jib // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:13 PM

• 3 Bobbybee // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:13 PM

So the mackems lose their best player? From Moyes’ dilly-dallying, you’d be forgiven thinking he wants Everton to sign him. Maybe his heart is still with the blues? Let’s hope so anyway.

• 4 NUFCPaul // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Can’t wait to see what the whiny SMB’s on the Shields Gazette comments section make of this news! I’m in for a real laugh today 😀

• 5 cyprus // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:16 PM

Jib,
    So there’s a difference.
    It’s the Middle East one, must be nilesat

• 6 posada // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:18 PM

We should have signed this player.
    Only problem is he might have kept us up and we might still have McLaren as manager.
    He didn’t want to go to the Mackems and now that he is there he wants to leave.
    I have this feeling all is not well over on the dark side. Hope I’m right.

• 7 cyprus // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:23 PM

I’d say we need a striker and a winger magician, but we need a creative MF as well.
    We need a spark. A player, like Ginola, who’d say, if you don’t know what to do with the ball, give it to me.
    The team needs renovation, generally. People like Shelvey were expensive mistakes. Move on, take the loss. We have made good money. Mistakes happen. To us maybe more often.

• 8 BeeGuy // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:24 PM

Well, iof NUFC don’t get in this defender, we can write off any points for the next five games……

• 9 Jib // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Cyprus
    This is their English TV guide to save

• 10 cyprus // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:26 PM

Thanks

• 11 cyprus // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Posada
    So best to have a certain manager (great and all that I know I know) and be in the championship with a mountain to climb, than be with another manager in the PL with less of a mountain?
    Not sure I agree.

I’d be happy with Ronald McDonald as manager in a top 6 PL team.

• 12 Kabul Fish // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Re-post: Good call Bobbybee will defo shove that in his face along with a win for us. I hope they keep losing now lol

• 13 so-far-king-quick // Aug 12, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Id be taking a look at mariano diaz, stats are quite impressive compared to the likes of that idrissa we were linked with, hes scored 30 goals in 40 appearances since 2014 for real madrids b team so knows where the back of the net is, also has one cap and one goal for the Dominican Republic surely worth a punt trying to get him in the sissoko deal

• 14 tomellifred360 // Aug 12, 2016 at 2:38 PM

Fantasy Football League for NUFC fans. All welcome to join.
    76984-188980