The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Fans React On Twitter To Second Successive Defeat

5:46 pm, Saturday, August 13th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 81 Comments

Newcastle fans have taken to Twitter to try to get rid of some of the severe frustrations of the odds-on favorites to get promoted back to the Premier League at our first attempt have lost our first two games and will be very close to bottom place in the league after the games have all been played this weekend – we are 4th bottom right now – one place above a relegation place.

This is even more pain for Newcastle fans as if we haven’t had enough of it over the last 32 months.

jack payne scores the winner

Jack Payne scores the winner after 823 minutes

The last time we were down below we only lost four games all season, but wo of those defeats were in succession in October, 2009 at Nottingham Forest and then Scunthorpe United.

Here are some tweets from Newcastle’s unhappy fans tonight.

Tags: Championship · Newcastle News · Other News · Prayer · Tweet · Twitter

81 responses so far ↓

• 1 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:47 PM

It’s got nothing to do with any of us getting our own way Runaway. It’s all about the club’s success. That includes providing support in the difficult times. If you want to help chase Rafa out be my guest.

• 2 Tsunki // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:48 PM

Hail no matter what’s said, the sense of entitlement built up out of the sheer simplicity of having bagged Benitez as a manager. Are you saying he should have been downbeat about the changes he was making? I can’t remember a soundbite where “we are going to win every game in style” was mentioned.

Two games in with a transitional squad and already “We should have got Pearson”. It’s pure Kafka at times. The comedy is desperately hewn from incredulity.

• 3 Tsunki // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Martoon, I have another “league” idea. Why not tot up all the Skyfall Club members so we can have a laugh at Xmas? 😀

If this club falters this year it won’t be because we have Benitez. It’ll be because that thing we feared most has happened. Business as usual behind the scenes.

• 4 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:51 PM

We need 5 players in. Quality too, we don’t get them we ain’t going up thats for sure.

• 5 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Anyone who wants Rafa out after 2 losses had better think about who still owns the club and what he might do. This is the time to stay calm and let the club settle and get to work improving. We have good experienced pros to come back into the side and we have Mitro as well. But if people start a Rafa Out campaign I think they’ll wish they hadn’t.

• 6 Tsunki // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Think I’ll bow out. Not many gonads here today and I think I’ll keep mine, thanks.

• 7 NUFCPaul // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:54 PM

gorgonzola – what’s the next result definitely going to be then? Win, lose or draw? Not sure why you’re avoiding answering that after you said there was no way we’d win today AFTER the game finished.

• 8 msk21dec // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Back door man.. dont get me wrong i loved 4231 when protugal played it in euro2000 against england.. with Figo, Rui costa etc running the show and Real Madrid with the team of Raul and mcmanaman and Redondo played it to the letter but nowadays all managers playing it don’t have a clue. The formation to play is 442 for Newcastle players especially if you got british players as your core as newcastle have done for this championship season.
    I think after transfer window closes rafa will slowly get a settled side but this will take a good few games. so as a newcastle fan all i will be hoping is we get a top 6 finish either auto or play offs. no way will we walk this league like everyone thought it will be very close. only because rafa thinks he’s too clever for this division. he is not and he needs to play players in the right formation in their favoured positions no more messing about. over to you rafa. also young players like aarons etc aint gonna improve or play well unless they get a run of games to get into a rhythm. i.e. when ever sissoko or wijnaldum or janmaat have crap games they always play and stay on but players like aarons and armstrong get subbed and dropped thats why we never see the best of them.

• 9 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Geordie two

You missed the part where I said:

‘if we carry on like this…’

Obviously there is time to turn it around, however I’m not convinced (from what I’ve seen so far) that it will be turned around quickly. One thing is for certain, it’s going to be a long, very hard season.

• 10 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:55 PM

We’re not going to get 5 more top quality players in. Most of the money’s been spent. If Sissoko goes for big cash that might change, but at most I see a striker and winger coming in and I don’t know if there’s a decent striker left out there we could afford because we left it too long and most of them have been bought already. Get ready for a lot of hard work and a lot of hard fought, close wins.

• 11 Tsunki // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:56 PM

G2 it’s absolutely dumbfounding the lack of resolve of some fans. What better manager will Ashley get next? Guardiola?

• 12 msk21dec // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:56 PM

im not gonna blame the players until the manager plays the player in their preferred formation and positions. thats only fair i think. im sure leicester played 442 last season.

• 13 welshgeordie9 // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Two games gone and have been poor in both, so what makes you think we will be good anytime soon, there’s more players to get rid of not just gourffran and rivière.

• 14 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 5:58 PM

I understand the frustration. We’re all disappointed. I did see that YFMB. I agree we have to turn it around. But we have the best chance of doing that by staying behind the current manager and letting him find his way in the Championship. He’ll get it right. He’s too good not to.

• 15 SPRINGY // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:01 PM

we were poor last season,and teams played us expecting to win due to our lack of quality and confidence,this season teams play us with the cup tie mentality that we are a scalp to be taken,but we are still low on confidence and trying to get quality in,we are poor wont argue that but we are 2 games in with decent manager and money,patience is required,last year there was no confidence or respect in the wally with a brolly due to his poor management history,now we have a manager with a respectable management history…give him a chance ffs,he may fail,he may walk,but give him the chance to try and change things…..everyone is angry,pissed off,pointing fingers but it wont help.

• 16 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:01 PM

We shouldn’t be shocked about some of the attitudes on here Tsunki mate. We’ve seen it all before. I’ve been negative when Ashley was running the club through clowns like Carver but this is quite different. We have a very good man in charge now. And yes it’s going to take a lot of hard work to get back on track. I never expected to win 46 matches. Anybody who thought it was going to be a cake walk should be aware that it’s not ever that way.

• 17 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:02 PM

NUFCPaul

FYI I voted on a loss on the poll…. I called the loss after the first game to Fulham. Next game probably draw or loss…I can’t be correct all the time.

We start with same team we will most likely lose. Please mind your own business if you can’t put your head on the line.

• 18 NUFCPaul // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Welshie – we’ve played badly in two games, I agree. That doesn’t mean we will in the next game though, it isn’t guaranteed. Do you think Rafa is just going to shrug his shoulders and play exactly the same again next week? He’ll analyse the hell out of the whole game and adjust training next week to work on our weaknesses as well as trying to get a few more players in.

Two very poor games doesn’t mean we’re destined to be as bad in the next one as well. I don’t know for sure that Rafa can fix it but I have a bit of faith in the bloke. After staying to help us out it’s the least I can afford him.

• 19 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:04 PM

Rafa still needs time, I’m not one of the Rafa out brigade. (is there one? That seems absurd, cant believe I’m typing that). But he does need to get to grips with this league quicker then he is, we aren’t playing good enough for promotion and it seems like we are a bit off that level.

• 20 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:05 PM

I can see things are already cooling off a bit. It was a hard loss to take. Rafa will use it as a learning experience and get back to planning the next match. That’s what good managers do.

• 21 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Whats interesting here is the fans who have indeed smelt the coffee are criticised based on what?

I would like to return the criticism your way when we are top of the Championship league come (as you are MORE than confident it will be so) talk to me then until then us losing makes your point ow so pointless.

• 22 Jib // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:06 PM

msk21dec
    You make it sound like Rafa stumbled across 4-2-3-1
    Read this and educate yourself son.

• 23 JamesToon // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Hoping to God that I don’t travel up to Bristol just to see another performance like today.

Come on Rafa and the boys, pull your finger out, step up and show us that you mean business in this league

• 24 NUFCPaul // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:08 PM

The one shining light from today is that the sad Mackem bastards are losing 1-0 so far. I’ll take whatever bit of happiness I can get after the abject disaster earlier.

• 25 SPRINGY // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:09 PM

heard ritchie didnt start due to a slight knock,thats why anita was in,sissoko was never going to start as he’s had nee pre-season,rivie only just back from injury….thet rest of the team are very low in confidence…but need to stop making daft mistakes and man the f**k up,might not win but at least try and get confidence from a solid defence…every team will love to beat us more then most teams in this league for whatever reason….so we have to be prepared for that.

• 26 welshgeordie9 // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Yes some of you are right how dare we jump on the players backs after two games, after all if we don’t beat reading and win next weekend we will only be 12 points behind with 4 games gone, so there’s no need to panic, yeah right.

• 27 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:11 PM

As I’ve already said constructive criticism is fine. But specifically what would the negative nellies on here do that would be guaranteed to work? And I don’t mean vaguely talking about bringing in 5 top players. With the players available what would you do?

• 28 The next Mike Williamson // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Attacking players in our whole squad
    1. Gayle
    2. Ritchie
    3. Perez
    4. Mitrovic suspension

Then u have 2 untested youth Aarons and Armstrong and possibly Diame who is more of a DM

• 29 lochinvar // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Dummett – master of the left foot backwards sideswipe pass .. We need forward momentum to get behind opposition midfields to attack their back four. If we allow opposition time to have 10 men behind the ball it’s always going to be painful and today was just that .

• 30 Jhonyp // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Nobody wants Rafa out, that would be stupid. I can say what I’d like to see. I’d like to see us be reckless in our team selection next game. I’d like to see us pay the opposition no respect. I’d like to see us select a team that will attack from the start and not focus on trying to stop the opposition playing their game. I’d like to see us focus on ourselves. We’re supposed to be the favorates? I’d like to see us play a winger in the winger position and 2 cf’s and take the game to the opposition. I’d also like to see us play all of our better players. Sissoko might lack heart right now, but our opening 2 performances have lacked heart as well. He’s our player he’s not gone yet, nobody is offering anything for him, so play him. Presently were saying Sissoko is going nowhere unless the offer is good enough,and we have no problems keeping him, yet we then include him in the match day squad (effectively telling the world he’s fit and ready) then don’t select him. If that doesn’t scream come and try your luck with cut price offer, what does? I don’t care if he stays or goes, but if he goes I want us to get a good price for him so we can get a couple of good players to replace him. Main thing is whoever is bought/sold, we should be doing so much better than we have done in the opening 2 games. You can’t honestly say that the way we set up in those 2 games hasn’t been a factor in the defeats we’ve suffered. We’re being far to negative.

• 31 bettyswallocks // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:13 PM

People starting to blame Ashley already is unbelievable. He has given over the running of the club to Rafa with Charnley as his admin. When Rafa took the job he must have known his budget and the extent of his authority.
    Rafa accepted the conditions and is running the show.He still has time to get it right with a few more signings and I hope he now realises what is required. To try and pin it on Ashley because the team played shit is pathetic.

• 32 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:14 PM

Rafa will ignore all the bollocks and just put his head down and get to work with the lads. That’s the only sensible thing to do right now.

• 33 welshgeordie9 // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:15 PM

I said last week, a lot of championship teams have got a lot of height in their midfield, we unfortunately have got hobbits and up front, that’s why we struggle, getting out paced, out jumped, out everything, that’s why we need to replace Anita and Colback and every other hobbit who struggles.

• 34 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:16 PM

Two losses on the trot.

That will spoil over 3 maybe 4, then total panic. Fun place to be.
    I just don’t see anything coming from the current starting setup.

Nothing. Entire CM is poor and can create nothing.

• 35 bettyswallocks // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:17 PM

We’ll have Ruddy on next waving his Ashley out banner telling us he warned us we could never have a winning team under Ashley and bullying people into boycotting games.

• 36 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:17 PM

I wouldn’t pin anything on Ashley for the current situation bettys mate. But I definitely don’t want him taking a more active role. We had 9 years of that. And as I recall it led to 2 relegations.

• 37 welshgeordie9 // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:18 PM

GeordieTwo

Change formation that will help us get goals, Gayle needs help up front, also put players in the right places, Anita in the right wing, don’t think so somehow.

• 38 welshgeordie9 // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM

When we finished 5th, we played 433

Ba Cisse Ben Arfa

We need to do that again.

• 39 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:20 PM

We’ll have to settle on a definite starting 11. Right now that hasn’t happened because Rafa is trying to get a feel for things and we’ve lost the first 2. I still think a big part of the problem is letting the Sissoko situation fester away. Move him away from the club until he’s sold.

• 40 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:21 PM

I see haven’t seen any specifics from the doomsayers. Surely they know how to set things right in a specific way with the players we have?

• 41 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Geordie two

In my humble opinion I would firstly change the formation, as proven in our first two games our attacking play is rather limited in this defensive setup. We don’t need two holding midfielders when we are dominating games with possession. I would personally change the formation to a 4-1-3-2. This would give us more freedom and variety in attack. Everybody knows that our defence is weak, it has always been one of our main weaknesses and even though we have invested in that area it doesn’t seem to have changed much, even with 4-2-3-1 where we are focusing on being compact we are still conceding two goals at home to Huddersfield. Instead of trying to focus on our weaknesses we need to focus on our strengths, i honestly believe that 4-1-3-2 would give us many more attacking options, yes, the defence won’t be compact any more but the goals would come. Why not play like we used to? Outscore the opposition!! It’s always been what we are known for and it was always our strongest trait when we were successful. Quit trying to patch up a shaky defence and build on our attacking football, we do have enough quality in the side to achieve this.

The team that I would pick would be:

_____________Sels
    Anita_Lascelles_Mbemba_Galloway
    ____________Shelvey
    Ritchie_____Diame_____Aarons
    ________Gayle_Armstrong

Armstrong would switch for Mitrovic when he is eligible to play again. I would also sign a Left midfield player like Knockaert.

• 42 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Except we don’t have Ba, Cisse or Ben Arfa welshie mate. That’s part of the problem. We have to do it with what we have and possible one or two incoming. It will take hard work and we won’t be destroying the division.

• 43 Dennis Twice // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:23 PM

Attack Toon attack, attack!

• 44 Jib // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:24 PM

So many people
    So little knowledge
    The first priority stop conceding
    3 goals conceded in 2 games is not Rafa
    I pity the back 6 on Monday at Benton

• 45 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Now that’s more like it YFMB. I might replace Shelvey with Tiote. I’m not sure Shelvey is ever going to be an attack destroyer. Also I would try the old tried and true 4-4-2 first. A little more conservative than what you suggest but still with two up front.

• 46 colwell // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Get Tiote in there we need his strength in the middle next to Diame.
    If Lascelles makes another mistake Wednesday drop him takeing the p1ss now.

Galloway for Dummett massive improvement. Sign a LW and Foristeri job done. Rafa is world class he’ll sort it no doubt such a shame we still have so much shite in the squad.

• 47 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:26 PM

I think the players will definitely be getting the message Jib. There will be some sweat flowing.

• 48 msk21dec // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Jib
    if you read my messages properly youll see the point im trying to make is we are not a 4231 team and need a manager who will play the right formation to suit the players i.e. 442. but all rafa does is stick with 4231 no matter what. It doesnt matter if youre a master of 4231.. if you dont have the players for it , it will not work. as far as im concerned most british players are suited to 442 more than any other formations. only most foreigners are good at other formations. but we are not a fully foreign team.

• 49 bettyswallocks // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:27 PM

G2……… Exactly. That’s the point I was making. How can Ashley be implicated for the team losing the first two games. He has handed over the reins and has no say on footballing matters. Rafa demanded control and has been given it. I’m sure he’ll sort things out without Ashley’s involvement.

• 50 welshgeordie9 // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:27 PM

GeordieTwo

I know we haven’t got them, ffs, I’m just saying we need to play that formation, with Mitrovic in the middle and Perez on one side and another forward on the other, cisse or ba wouldn’t have scored that many goals that season playing 4231.

• 51 GeordieTwo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:28 PM

I’m off. Worn out already. If we ever lose another match it could be the end of the world as far as I can tell.

• 52 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Dennis Twice knows what’s up, put him in charge.

• 53 NUFCPaul // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:34 PM

I have to say the one thing I’m slightly disappointed with regarding Rafa’s set up in how cautious and defensive he seems to be. Away from home that may be understandable but at home we should be attacking and pressing from the off and really going for the jugular. Still, Rafa knows more about the game than all of us combined on here, so I’ll keep my faith in him for the time being.

• 54 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:43 PM

What a shite day!

• 55 SPRINGY // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:44 PM

we lack that spark of creativity,but also the passing is so poor,but i put that down to confidence….so even a 0-0 would be a start…dull and not very adventurous and hardly whats needed for wed night but it would be start…we are already low on confidence and when we conceed it saps what ever confidence we have and makes them jittery,indecisive and unable to play simple passes.

• 56 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Drop the two holding midfielders and play two up top ie Gayle and Mitrovic (when he’s available)

• 57 Yo-yo // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Firstly, Pardew did not use 433 throughout the 5th placed season.

Secondly, I wonder what Rafa won from his list of successes below when he didn’t play 4231 and why uniquely the Toon just cannot win with this starting formation.
    Rafa 4231….
    La Liga: 2001–02, 2003–04
    UEFA Cup: 2003–04
    FA Cup: 2005–06
    FA Community Shield: 2006
    UEFA Champions League: 2004–05
    UEFA Super Cup: 2005
    Supercoppa Italiana: 2010
    FIFA Club World Cup: 2010
    UEFA Europa League: 2012–13
    Coppa Italia: 2013–14
    Supercoppa Italiana: 2014

It has nothing much to do with formation and much more to do with the form of the side – not good just now – and how much grafting they are prepared to do.

• 58 SPRINGY // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:53 PM

shirebrook
    ive never liked the lone striker role….i would like to see 2 up top…i doubt it will happen at the start of a match tho…few have said give rivie a chance…and tbh im not against that if there is another up with him till mitro back.

• 59 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Springy

I’d give Goufran a chance aswell. You just never know

• 60 Our Toon // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Colwell

Sensible shout mate, Hayden holding doesn’t fill me with any confidence. Tiote must start, swallow our pride and get sissoko in as well

• 61 Munster Mag // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Geordie two, you can be critical of rafa and not be a doomsayer ffs. I was questioning rafa last season and asked regularly this summer if his defensive approach would hurt us. I said same in midweek. thankfully some people can see my point. Rafa can change this but its up to him. At least i can say that i said it early. Come on rafa loosen it up. We hammered pardew and co, rightly for defensive useless tactics.

• 62 NUFCPaul // Aug 13, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Effing Mackem bastards. Can’t even trust them to lose and give us a little sunshine. Sigh.

• 63 NewcastleMole // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Shambles

• 64 Jib // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:02 PM

I had Spanish house guests today
    Did my missus ever do me a favour insisting I spent the afternoon showing them the fleshpots of North Tyneside.
    I didn’t learn our result until 17:15
    😀

• 65 SPRINGY // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:02 PM

shirebrook
    i would have a look at him,aarons was poor again today mostly and a few have said perez down the left…not for me…ano goofy came as a striker but he grafted well down the left in his first season so would consider him before perez,perez is a strange one…talented but lacking something,committed to the club from what i’ve seen but wonder if selling him for the coin to reinforce would be the better option…..its a strange one

• 66 Pat On The Heed // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Welshgeordie – your thesis that, amongst others, Colback is culpable for two defeats on the trot, somethings not right there and I’m struggling to pin point it…. hmmmm Nope, I’ll have a think.

• 67 beefman13 // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:05 PM

I was underwhelmed by the efforts of our team in the last ten games last season, they did not respond to Rafa imo, this season is even worse, a game at a time i will take it, but its just awful so far.

• 68 toon kk // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:08 PM

You have to play 4 4 2 in the championship, this lone striker system doesn’t work.
    I’ll give us two more games to see how we settle but if things don’t improve I can see us actually really struggling to compete in this league.
    The championship is all about pace and very hard work, are we upto that? I’m not so sure.

• 69 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:08 PM

Springy

The thing with Perez at the minute is he’s taking to long on the ball. He needs to move and think quicker as you don’t get as much time on the ball in the championship. He’s got a lot to learn in this division but I’m sure he will get there.

• 70 Mag52 // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Boos at the end of the match totally in order if those who have paid good money to watch it have witnessed a poor performance, no matter who is in charge of the team.

• 71 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:10 PM

I would also be inclined to try mbabu at lb with Goufran infront

• 72 MrShort88 // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Desperate for a target man up top. Ritchie should of started from the beginning. All Aarons could do was run into his man and hit the floor! And Dummett … Well he’s in a league of his own

• 73 toon kk // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Alot of dead wood was cleared out from last season, but the back bone of our squad has also gone in Gini, Townsend and sissoko.
    We’ll struggle there’s no doubt about it.

• 74 Bri // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Most so called world class managers have world class players at their disposal. Let’s see if Benitez can get a tune out of very average players.Time will tell.

• 75 anthc // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Anita is not a winger, hayden looked suspect lascelles and mbemba got caught out a few times, shelvey had some moments, central midfield has no spark, that little magic to unlock stubborn defences.
    Ritchie made a huge difference when he came on causing them all sorts of problems.
    I can’t wait for mitro to come back, someone to aim for and someone to shout/rally the troops as it was the same sour gloomy look on the faces when we went behind. A long way to go this is gonna be a hard season the lads need to dig deep.

• 76 andrew84 // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:18 PM

The fans don’t have to justify themselves, 52000 turning up to watch dross and they were let down once again today. They’re fully justified in booing the team, the fans turns up so why not the players.

• 77 Wandering Geordie // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:25 PM

This all sounds like last season with the old give the manager time etc.Its like an old record.Except this time we have a quality manager.A couple more games and I’m sure we will be heading in the right direction,
    As for lacaselles.He is like a younger version of S Taylor.always spouting off the big I am in the press and playing like a novice on pitch.Should never be captain.
    Yes Gayle scored but he should not be the number 9…pressure too much.

Stop the moaning

• 78 Jail for Ashley // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:28 PM

BOOM BANG BANG. BANG CRASH BOOM.
    BOOM CRASH SMASH BOOM!
    BOOM BOOM BOOM!! CRASH SMASH BOOM.
    BANG BANG BANG BOOM.
    THUNDER RATTLE ROLL.
    BOOM BOOM BOOM. CRASH SMASH.
    What’s that noise, it’s only Munster at 61!

• 79 sparky55 // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Team needs time to settle…lots of new players and Rafa will work out the best combo soon enough. When Keane took over at sunderland at the end of August in 2006 they were in the bottom three and they ended up getting promoted…so let’s not throw in the towel just yet eh Lads FFS

• 80 RUNAWAY777 // Aug 13, 2016 at 7:56 PM

hay man iam not the only one that thinks rafa will walk not but when a better offer comes in he’s off geordie two i like rafa just dont think he’s the right manger for this divson

• 81 KevinLee // Aug 13, 2016 at 9:31 PM

Don’t fking use Lascelles again!!!!!

previous post: Now A Shock Home Defeat – Lose 2-1 To Huddersfield