Hull Striker Could Soon Arrive At His Dream Club – Newcastle

It looks like Hull City’s Uruguayan striker Abel Hernandez might not end the transfer window as a Hull City player.

It seems that Hull City’s hectic preparation to the season, when manager Steve Bruce resigned because of lack of signings,  has caused the Uruguayan International to rethink his future.

But that didn’t stop them beating Champions Leicester City 2-1 at home on Saturday – the first time the reigning Champions had lost their first game of the following season.

Abel+Hernandez+Barnsley+v+Hull+City+Pre+Season+iFyHM0mbjI7l

Abel Hernandez – 26 year-old Hull City striker

The news is that both Newcastle United and Aston Villa are said to be interested in the striker and have even put bids in for the 27 times capped Uruguayan International (11 goals).

West Brom are said to be looking at him as a possible replacement for Saido Berahino, should he leave before the end of August.

The 26-year-old has given an interview to Ovacion Digital and he was asked if he would still be a Hull City player when September comes around:

“The truth is I don’t know where I’ll end up playing this season. I’m a bit concerned about what’s going here in Hull, that we still don’t have a manager and we don’t have a big squad.”

“We have many injuries and many youngsters. While Mike Phelan is currently here, we don’t know if he will stay.”

Abel scored 20 goals in 39 league appearances last season for the Tigers, so he can score goals in the Championship, which is just what Newcastle need at the moment and at 6ft 1ins tall, he’s a fairly big striker.

And Hernandez had this to say about the two big clubs currently in the Championship that are reportedly interested in him:

“They are two clubs who have interesting projects and are working well.”

Newcastle have been linked with Hernandez before – and it was back in February, 2014 that he made this statement in Gazzetta dello Sport while he was still at Palermo:

“I dream of Newcastle, Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid for the future,”

“Last summer I decided to stay because I owned it to Palermo owner Maurizio Zamparini and the fans.”

He joined Hull City in the summer of 2014 for £10M on a three year contract and since then he has scored 26 goals in 73 appearances for the Tigers.

He could even get his move to one of his dream clubs in the next two weeks and that’s not in sunny Madrid.

• Toonmania

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Wouldn’t mind him as he know’s where the goal is, but he’s another smaller goal poacher rather than a target man

• JamesToon

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Calling it now, Rafa will get it right and we will get promoted this season. Just need time to gel, get the system/tactics right, and the players to show what they are made of, stop all this talking and take action and show we mean business.

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:54 PM

My dream clubs, you ask? Either of the Madrid Clubs and of course English Championship giants NUFC. Can’t see any flaws in that at all.

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:56 PM

I think so JamesToon but it’s going to be tough getting there. May even have a playoff scrap to look forward to if we lose too much ground at the start.

• Grumpy

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Since the game against Reading is not shown on tv can anyone please play the radio stream on internet as we in the states are now starved of coverage

• Mister Tuff

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Very good recap – worthy of a laugh.
    Needless to say Jib Jibberish eroneously believes I was talking about him – when clearly I wasn’t.
    AND I get a load of foul abuse and general abuse as a result.
    Jib Jibberish – I do think you owe an apology old chap -for wrongly accusing me of accusing you, accusing me……….etc etc.

• nut meg

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:03 PM

Toonmania
    He’s about 6′ 2″ so not small at all.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Waiting for players to gel.
    Players do need time to get to know one anothers game – undisputable fact.
    However, if we are waiting for some unispiring/bang average players to gel into a record breaking team we are going to be waiting a long time – with our current squad.
    Again attacking midfielder and two forwards (who know where the net is) are needed or we will fail this seasons objective.

• Harry in Kosovo

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Why not go for Crouch??? He’d be great in the Championship I reckon.

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Yes I concur regarding team quality atm. I am of the opinion/hope that this is by no means Rafas top pick going forward, more muddle through with the temporary situation kind of thing.

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Thanks Harry. Nailed on to be an article on that now.

• WWSBRD

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Are we just intending to buy Hull?

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:12 PM

I observe Ian Toons latest slithering malign was to equate my speculation/caveats/reservations going forward (all only what if and general conjecture of course) to my being one of the “Boo Boys”, followed again by his inexplicable offerings of unrequited love for his muse Belfast. He’s a strange fish, that one.

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Yo – wouldn’t hurt, would it? 🙂

• WWSBRD

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Tsunki
    I dont honestly know…Id take their LB

• WWSBRD

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:18 PM

…Id consider taking any LB at this point

• Belfast

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:22 PM

He just knows a knowledgeable geeeeeza when he sees one.

• hibbitt

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:26 PM

iantoon

“Far to many older supporters”
    how do you come to that conclusion just because we don’t agree with your views we should all vanish

• Yo-yo

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:31 PM

This guy would do us fine. Better than most of the other suggestions. Get him in pdq.
    Then its just the LB and creative mid problem.

Tsunki … just love the phrase:
    ‘slithering malign’ … but I still think Tolkien had it better with ‘wormtongue’

• investinyouthtoon

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM

No thanks for this guy. Much rather we go for danny ings and that anderlecht winger we were linked with a few weeks ago, Acheampong his name is from what I can remember.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Ugh, so depressing being where we are in the table right now! From being the worst in the premier league to one of the worst in the championship. Honestly if we lose to reading were going to have to start questioning Rafa surely?

• Wayayman

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Young Mag From Burnley, last thread:

I think most of the posters here on the blog will wipe the slate clean as you’ve apologised when others in your position might have just created another ID and reinvented their internet persona.
    To the rest of the blog, can we give this young lad a break and just accept his apology and move on? I can barely remember being 18 but know that I made my fair share of mistakes along the way, and i’m thankful that there was no interwebnet back then, or iPhones as I’d be forever embarrassed from nights out in Legends and Walkers…

HWTL.

• so-far-king-quick

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Why dont we just get robson kanu on a free transfer least it would be another winger for the squad and i reckon under rafa could be a really good player

• Belfats

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:46 PM

He just knows a knowledgeable geeeeeza when he sees one.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Wayayman

Thanks man, appreciated. I don’t mind other posters having a negligent approach when concerning me, I brought that upon myself. I have however moved on from who I was, my only concern on here now is to wipe the slate clean and to discuss NUFC, those who don’t give me another chance(which is completely understandable) will hopefully just let me interact with posters who have given me another chance.

• bettyswallocks

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:11 PM

Rob……. There’s no problem with your slate being wiped clean ( At least I hope not! ) However you should stop the Belfats stuff and leave Belfast in peace. He’ll probably get over you if you let him .

• Belfast

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:15 PM

I’m quite happy to give him another chancel.

• wolfshead@toon

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:18 PM

time to gel? isnt that what pre season games are for – we are supposed to be a top flight club with a top flight manager yet fulham and huddersfield have managed to hit the ground running i would say we a re f****ed but it might be to early for that haha

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:26 PM

Sorry Wayayman but that’s his public face, right after your conciliatory post he’s back on as “Belfats”. Sorry mate but he’s a lost cause and he knows it.

Yo-Yo – I concur – Tolkien’s Wormtongue is not only better but my mental vision of Ian is Brad Dourifs portrayal of him ha ha.

• Our Toon

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:31 PM

A poor start to the season, pre season hype of new signings like Hayden who let’s be fair couldn’t get into hull’s team. Rafa insisting on Anita as a RW, overall poor tactics and selections. Instead of controlling the game as rafa wants we should be concentrating on attacking and dominating.

Rafa needs to pick his best players and stick to it, Gayle looks as I thought, poor!! Hopefully we get Hernandez but I keep saying…..go all out for Knockaert and forresteri

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:39 PM

Oh it just gets even better doesn’t it? So I’m now ‘belfats’? And now I’m guessing Belfats is the same person as ‘take a chancel on me’ and ‘toon from Leeds’? It’s like a way less interesting version of Scrooby doo, the one where you have wannabe detectives trying to decipher a rather unfortunate mystery even though they are way off the mark… Again!! I’m not belfats, what else can I say? That’s a new one though for sure. Didn’t realise you guys talked about me whilst I’m not on.

• BandB

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

“He’s just a poor boy from a poor family
    “Spare him his life from this monstrosity”

• Belfats

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

I’m quite happy to give him another chancel.

• bettyswallocks

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:43 PM

Rob……. You’ve been welcomed back now even by Belfast who after weeks of painstaking investigative work provided documented evidence of your antics.
    Just get on with posting now, but don’t insult people’s intelligence when we know what’s going on.

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

Belfast – I picture the episode where Alan Partridge is invited back to his no1 fans house 😀

• Belfats

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

“Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
    Bismillah! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!)
    Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let him go!)
    Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let me go!)
    Will not let you go. (Let me go!)
    Never, never let you go
    Never let me go, oh.
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
    Oh, mama mia, mama mia (Mama mia, let me go.)
    Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me.”

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Great song BandB.

What do I even do? You’ve all got it terribly wrong. Dear me.

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM

We may be being too hard on a poor disabled transgender with psychological issues and strained medical insurance. Perhaps we should ease back on the throttle?

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Maybe I’ve got that wrong. So many scenarios, so little time to digest them all.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM

What evidence???????? I haven’t even been on!! Only on match days and days that I have nothing better to do. I have missed where you have all discovered this massive secret. Is Belfast head detective then? Did he just take it upon himself to try and figure this out? Well he should be sacked, because he’s got it wrong. Horribly. Ive told you who I previously was and that’s that.