The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Hull Striker Could Soon Arrive At His Dream Club – Newcastle

12:42 pm, Monday, August 15th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 78 Comments

It looks like Hull City’s Uruguayan striker Abel Hernandez might not end the transfer window as a Hull City player.

It seems that Hull City’s hectic preparation to the season, when manager Steve Bruce resigned because of lack of signings,  has caused the Uruguayan International to rethink his future.

But that didn’t stop them beating Champions Leicester City 2-1 at home on Saturday – the first time the reigning Champions had lost their first game of the following season.

Abel+Hernandez+Barnsley+v+Hull+City+Pre+Season+iFyHM0mbjI7l

Abel Hernandez – 26 year-old Hull City striker

The news is that both Newcastle United and Aston Villa are said to be interested in the striker and have even put bids in for the 27 times capped Uruguayan International (11 goals).

West Brom are said to be looking at him as a possible replacement for Saido Berahino, should he leave before the end of August.

The 26-year-old has given an interview to Ovacion Digital and he was asked if he would still be a Hull City player when September comes around:

“The truth is I don’t know where I’ll end up playing this season. I’m a bit concerned about what’s going here in Hull, that we still don’t have a manager and we don’t have a big squad.”

“We have many injuries and many youngsters. While Mike Phelan is currently here, we don’t know if he will stay.”

Abel scored 20 goals in 39 league appearances last season for the Tigers, so he can score goals in the Championship, which is just what Newcastle need at the moment and at 6ft 1ins tall, he’s a fairly big striker.

And Hernandez had this to say about the two big clubs currently in the Championship that are reportedly interested in him:

“They are two clubs who have interesting projects and are working well.”

Newcastle have been linked with Hernandez before – and it was back in February, 2014 that he made this statement in Gazzetta dello Sport while he was still at Palermo:

“I dream of Newcastle, Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid for the future,”

“Last summer I decided to stay because I owned it to Palermo owner Maurizio Zamparini and the fans.”

He joined Hull City in the summer of 2014 for £10M on a three year contract and since then he has scored 26 goals in 73 appearances for the Tigers.

He could even get his move to one of his dream clubs in the next two weeks and that’s not in sunny Madrid.

78 responses so far ↓

• 1 Toonmania // Aug 15, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Wouldn’t mind him as he know’s where the goal is, but he’s another smaller goal poacher rather than a target man

• 2 JamesToon // Aug 15, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Calling it now, Rafa will get it right and we will get promoted this season. Just need time to gel, get the system/tactics right, and the players to show what they are made of, stop all this talking and take action and show we mean business.

• 3 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 12:54 PM

My dream clubs, you ask? Either of the Madrid Clubs and of course English Championship giants NUFC. Can’t see any flaws in that at all.

• 4 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 12:56 PM

I think so JamesToon but it’s going to be tough getting there. May even have a playoff scrap to look forward to if we lose too much ground at the start.

• 5 Grumpy // Aug 15, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Since the game against Reading is not shown on tv can anyone please play the radio stream on internet as we in the states are now starved of coverage

• 6 Mister Tuff // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Very good recap – worthy of a laugh.
    Needless to say Jib Jibberish eroneously believes I was talking about him – when clearly I wasn’t.
    AND I get a load of foul abuse and general abuse as a result.
    Jib Jibberish – I do think you owe an apology old chap -for wrongly accusing me of accusing you, accusing me……….etc etc.

• 7 nut meg // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:03 PM

Toonmania
    He’s about 6′ 2″ so not small at all.

• 8 Mister Tuff // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Waiting for players to gel.
    Players do need time to get to know one anothers game – undisputable fact.
    However, if we are waiting for some unispiring/bang average players to gel into a record breaking team we are going to be waiting a long time – with our current squad.
    Again attacking midfielder and two forwards (who know where the net is) are needed or we will fail this seasons objective.

• 9 Harry in Kosovo // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Why not go for Crouch??? He’d be great in the Championship I reckon.

• 10 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Yes I concur regarding team quality atm. I am of the opinion/hope that this is by no means Rafas top pick going forward, more muddle through with the temporary situation kind of thing.

• 11 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Thanks Harry. Nailed on to be an article on that now.

• 12 WWSBRD // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Are we just intending to buy Hull?

• 13 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:12 PM

I observe Ian Toons latest slithering malign was to equate my speculation/caveats/reservations going forward (all only what if and general conjecture of course) to my being one of the “Boo Boys”, followed again by his inexplicable offerings of unrequited love for his muse Belfast. He’s a strange fish, that one.

• 14 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Yo – wouldn’t hurt, would it? 🙂

• 15 WWSBRD // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Tsunki
    I dont honestly know…Id take their LB

• 16 WWSBRD // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:18 PM

…Id consider taking any LB at this point

• 17 Belfast // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:22 PM

He just knows a knowledgeable geeeeeza when he sees one.

• 18 hibbitt // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:26 PM

iantoon

“Far to many older supporters”
    how do you come to that conclusion just because we don’t agree with your views we should all vanish

• 19 Yo-yo // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:31 PM

This guy would do us fine. Better than most of the other suggestions. Get him in pdq.
    Then its just the LB and creative mid problem.

Tsunki … just love the phrase:
    ‘slithering malign’ … but I still think Tolkien had it better with ‘wormtongue’

• 20 investinyouthtoon // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM

No thanks for this guy. Much rather we go for danny ings and that anderlecht winger we were linked with a few weeks ago, Acheampong his name is from what I can remember.

• 21 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Ugh, so depressing being where we are in the table right now! From being the worst in the premier league to one of the worst in the championship. Honestly if we lose to reading were going to have to start questioning Rafa surely?

• 22 Wayayman // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Young Mag From Burnley, last thread:

I think most of the posters here on the blog will wipe the slate clean as you’ve apologised when others in your position might have just created another ID and reinvented their internet persona.
    To the rest of the blog, can we give this young lad a break and just accept his apology and move on? I can barely remember being 18 but know that I made my fair share of mistakes along the way, and i’m thankful that there was no interwebnet back then, or iPhones as I’d be forever embarrassed from nights out in Legends and Walkers…

HWTL.

• 23 so-far-king-quick // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Why dont we just get robson kanu on a free transfer least it would be another winger for the squad and i reckon under rafa could be a really good player

• 24 Belfats // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:46 PM

He just knows a knowledgeable geeeeeza when he sees one.

• 25 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Wayayman

Thanks man, appreciated. I don’t mind other posters having a negligent approach when concerning me, I brought that upon myself. I have however moved on from who I was, my only concern on here now is to wipe the slate clean and to discuss NUFC, those who don’t give me another chance(which is completely understandable) will hopefully just let me interact with posters who have given me another chance.

• 26 bettyswallocks // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:11 PM

Rob……. There’s no problem with your slate being wiped clean ( At least I hope not! ) However you should stop the Belfats stuff and leave Belfast in peace. He’ll probably get over you if you let him .

• 27 Belfast // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:15 PM

I’m quite happy to give him another chancel.

• 28 wolfshead@toon // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:18 PM

time to gel? isnt that what pre season games are for – we are supposed to be a top flight club with a top flight manager yet fulham and huddersfield have managed to hit the ground running i would say we a re f****ed but it might be to early for that haha

• 29 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:26 PM

Sorry Wayayman but that’s his public face, right after your conciliatory post he’s back on as “Belfats”. Sorry mate but he’s a lost cause and he knows it.

Yo-Yo – I concur – Tolkien’s Wormtongue is not only better but my mental vision of Ian is Brad Dourifs portrayal of him ha ha.

• 30 Our Toon // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:31 PM

A poor start to the season, pre season hype of new signings like Hayden who let’s be fair couldn’t get into hull’s team. Rafa insisting on Anita as a RW, overall poor tactics and selections. Instead of controlling the game as rafa wants we should be concentrating on attacking and dominating.

Rafa needs to pick his best players and stick to it, Gayle looks as I thought, poor!! Hopefully we get Hernandez but I keep saying…..go all out for Knockaert and forresteri

• 31 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:39 PM

Oh it just gets even better doesn’t it? So I’m now ‘belfats’? And now I’m guessing Belfats is the same person as ‘take a chancel on me’ and ‘toon from Leeds’? It’s like a way less interesting version of Scrooby doo, the one where you have wannabe detectives trying to decipher a rather unfortunate mystery even though they are way off the mark… Again!! I’m not belfats, what else can I say? That’s a new one though for sure. Didn’t realise you guys talked about me whilst I’m not on.

• 32 BandB // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

“He’s just a poor boy from a poor family
    “Spare him his life from this monstrosity”

• 33 Belfats // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

I’m quite happy to give him another chancel.

• 34 bettyswallocks // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:43 PM

Rob……. You’ve been welcomed back now even by Belfast who after weeks of painstaking investigative work provided documented evidence of your antics.
    Just get on with posting now, but don’t insult people’s intelligence when we know what’s going on.

• 35 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

Belfast – I picture the episode where Alan Partridge is invited back to his no1 fans house 😀

• 36 Belfats // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

“Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
    Bismillah! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!)
    Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let him go!)
    Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let me go!)
    Will not let you go. (Let me go!)
    Never, never let you go
    Never let me go, oh.
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
    Oh, mama mia, mama mia (Mama mia, let me go.)
    Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me.”

• 37 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Great song BandB.

What do I even do? You’ve all got it terribly wrong. Dear me.

• 38 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM

We may be being too hard on a poor disabled transgender with psychological issues and strained medical insurance. Perhaps we should ease back on the throttle?

• 39 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Maybe I’ve got that wrong. So many scenarios, so little time to digest them all.

• 40 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM

What evidence???????? I haven’t even been on!! Only on match days and days that I have nothing better to do. I have missed where you have all discovered this massive secret. Is Belfast head detective then? Did he just take it upon himself to try and figure this out? Well he should be sacked, because he’s got it wrong. Horribly. Ive told you who I previously was and that’s that.

• 41 martoon // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM

I have to say I still have faith in Rafa but after Saturday I am worried. It’s not a question of players gelling – to be quite blunt a lot them don’t look good enough. Gayle’s first touch is worse than Cisse’s and even his penalty was saved but he got a lucky rebound. I don’t know what’s happened to Lascelles, he looked calm and assured at the end of last season but so far he keeps making stupid mistakes and giving the ball away – I could go on but I’ll stop there.

• 42 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Tsunki, BandB, Belfast…etc. Well done for being Internet bullies. Hope you guys are happy.

• 43 BandB // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:51 PM

Great song Belfast
    Starts with the frank admission of blowing someone away for kicks, and follows with self-pitying guff about how he’s thrown (his own) life away.
    YMFB always adopts the tone of a teenage recidivist with the violin out before the magistrate. Same tone of “you”ll swallow this, you stupid old fart.”

• 44 JP...from The Rock // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Would love him to sign for us. Have we really put a bid in for him?? If not what the hell are we waiting for? As for that italian bloke from Sheffield Wednesday.. I think if we bid fot him we still might be able to sign him no matter what he says on twitter.

• 45 BandB // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

You see…
    You are not sorry at all, are you?
    You’ll spend every day making that accusation now.

• 46 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Wasn’t it “Fitzmillah”?

• 47 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Never let you go….
    Never never never never never never let you go…

• 48 Ibizatoon // Aug 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

No, no, no, no, no, no, no…

..Oh mama mia!

• 49 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM

It’s a fair accusation under the circumstances. Being under fire due to inaccurate guesses isn’t exactly nice.

• 50 Tsunki // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Mama Mia let me go..

• 51 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

So go on!!! How is Belfats and me the same person when we posted at the same time? But wait, you guys can’t be wrong, let’s just forget about that fact and continue to pretend that we are the same person so you can have wet dreams over your pathetic detective malarkey. Honestly, so. Done.

• 52 Belfast // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:06 PM

I thought you would have taken your chancel.

After weeks of this not being mentioned you’ve just stirred it all up again for some reason.

• 53 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

Now please Belfast provide me with the evidence that suggests that I am who you say. I would like to see where you get your sources from because you’re way off mate. I have already disproved the supposed ‘fact’ that I’m Rob.

• 54 bettyswallocks // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Rob…… You can’t question Belfast’s detective skills. The guy’s a legend

• 55 Belfats // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:09 PM

I thought you would have taken your chancel.

• 56 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Take my chance? Didn’t seem like I got much of one. You know why I didn’t get much of one? Because you’re all so adamant on incorrect data.

• 57 NUFCPaul // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:15 PM

Holy crap, Dalian Atkinson has been tazered by the police and now he’s dead. Pretty surreal. He scored the goal of the season in the very first Premier League season way back in ’92/93. He was only eight years older than me too. What a way to go!

• 58 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:23 PM

‘You’ve been welcomed back now even by Belfast who after weeks of painstaking investigative work provided documented evidence of your antics.’

Please, please, please tell me exactly what this evidence is. I feel like I’m on the outside even though I’m apparently the figure head. *scratches head*

• 59 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:25 PM

And quit with the ‘rob’ shite. I’ve already shown my beautiful face once I’m not doing it again.

• 60 bettyswallocks // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:28 PM

• 61 bettyswallocks // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Rob…….. Just get on with posting footy stuff. There will be no retrial as too much time has elapsed since the original trial where due to overwhelming evidence the jury found you guilty as charged.

• 62 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:35 PM

A jury in which I didn’t take any part because I wasn’t on. How on earth can I defend myself? It’s ridiculous, it’s a blog not a court trial. You guys should keep your fantasies to yourself. Im not who you say. You honestly don’t believe me? The injustice is unreal.

• 63 posada // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:40 PM

Martoon
    On Gayles first touch. Would agree it was not good.
    Thing is you should be able to judge a players first touch before you go anywhere near buying him.
    Lot of nonsense talked about scouting by the way. I could ask any ex pro to scout a player and they would be able to tell you his attributes after watching him for an hour. His first touch, link up play, one touch play etc etc.
    Some of them would not be able to explain it that well to a third person. That’s because they are thick. But, they would all know what you needed to know.
    Belamy did not have a great first touch. Some days it was better than others. For some players it comes naturally and they never have to think about it. Others have to constantly work at it.

• 64 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Is this what I get for admitting my other usernames that I have used in the past? And for having ONE previous act of childish behaviour I am deemed as a troll that has made many fake accounts -which they change from time to time- who uses vile language (that I have seen for myself on here mainly from jeff), a persona of a critically ill fan from Leeds that isn’t actually I’ll at all etc…?? No wonder the other trolls on this site don’t come forth. Look what’s happened to me! They’re probably sat there all smug because they have gotten away with it. It’s not right honestly.

• 65 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:43 PM

At least I apologised for my actions and cleared my name. I’m happy now.

• 66 posada // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:44 PM

The comment about first touch is the sort of debate you should get on a football blog.
    Not all this stuff about multiple identity etc and hand bags at 3 paces.
    Don’t even bother to read it.

• 67 Ibizatoon // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:46 PM

Read a bit about this lad on here recently, so thought this may be relevant.

The Argentina-born former Italy U21 said: “There are a lot of rumours and opinions going around that have been blown out of proportion and are upsetting.

“I just want to clarify I have never wanted to leave and have always, and still do, want to play for Sheffield Wednesday.

“I apologise for my behaviour and know there is no excuse. I hope we can move on so I can focus only on my passion.”

I know these things are more a formality, issuing an apology, but give me a break. “Never wanted to leave”? What is it he’s apologising for then?

• 68 Laurent Robert The Legend // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:47 PM

The poblem is..if we need to get promoted through this tough league that it is..we need premier league quality players..its bit strange but it is truth now..all the teams have decent championship level players now..we need someone who atleast belongs to a mid table premier league team and does well..imo we sold all premier league quality players and replaced them with mediocre players..only decent player we signed who would actually improve the side is rithie..Hernandez is no answer..we need a proven player..would much rather go for crouch than him and would get more returns.
    This signing young and unproven players policy is killing us..time to wake up board..rafa..

• 69 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:48 PM

BandB
    I had read your later post. But that only came after Hibbitt rightly pulled you up and put you in your box. Just as Hibbitt has rightly called out Ian. I don’t know why Ian is so narked with me. I just scoffed at his notion that it is the fans’ fault for the atmosphere and not the players’. It gets pissy when bloggers who don’t bother to go to games tell those who do how they should conduct themselves.

• 70 Ian Toon // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:52 PM

posada- – Yer right Buster. When first watching football with my grandfather he used to say about a certain player. “He’s got a touch like an elephant” . He frequently used to say it because he knew it would make me laugh.

Betty- Shaping up to be a kangaroo court. Don’t let Marshall Belfast hear about it. He’s aware of the rightness of things.

• 71 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:52 PM

Somebody mentioned it earlier and I agree

I really though Rafa would go bonkers with signings from the Spanish league, but nothing has come from it. Smells like he has no real say, its just convenient to be at NUFC to be close to his family given up on everything else.

• 72 Ian Toon // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Blackley – Just happened to be briefly on. I am not narked with you mate- I see you as a good wknowledgeable and entertaining blogger. Just short of time so maybe a little brusk. I always read your post on other clubs eg Huddersfield before we net them.
    I apologise if I spoke out of turn.

• 73 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 15, 2016 at 3:59 PM

I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve booed at half time or full time. But I don’t have a problem with anyone who wants to do it. They’re only booing because they’re not happy with the effort, endeavour and well below par performances. The crowd will loudly applaud any and every good bit of play right throughout the game. That’s what passionate support is all about. It’s just a pity good football is in very short supply at the moment. You don’t get the crowd roused by gesticulating at them. You do it through effort, determination, commitment and skill on the pitch. Janmaat and Mitro’s arm waving are pathetic.

• 74 posada // Aug 15, 2016 at 4:03 PM

I was thinking about that Hudderfield side. They were probably put together for the cost of one of our signings. But they were handy in all areas. Fit. Balanced. With a left back and left wing who could play there.
    If you put a group together like that and then made three quality signings in key areas I reckon you could do ok.

• 75 martoon // Aug 15, 2016 at 4:05 PM

posada@63 – I agree with you somewhat about scouts but all footballers can have a bad day and if that happens to be the day the scout is there…..
    I went to the friendly against Arnhem and one thing that did impress me about Gayle was that he was quick but we never seemed to play balls for him to chase in the 2 league games so far.

• 76 posada // Aug 15, 2016 at 4:06 PM

B and B
    The arm waving is pathetic, but so is the flag waving.
    If I wanted that sort of thing I’d go to one of those kids Jazz Band Contests.
    Who gets who going first the team or the crowd.
    Got to be the team.
    Get us 2 up after 20 minutes on Wednesday and see what happens.

• 77 posada // Aug 15, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Martoon
    Yeh we need to be able to play him in, but simply were not good enough.
    Think the goals he could score would be similar to Defoes at the weekend. It was a great finnish, but a great run and a great pass.
    Teams sitting deep as well. Basically saying go on break us down if you can. We simply couldnt.
    First touch again. Confidence or the lack of it affect this.
    Playing in front of 50,000 can affect it. Needs to relax and just go for it.

• 78 MapleLeafToon // Aug 16, 2016 at 5:18 AM

B&B
    It’s disgraceful and totally negative that you our any fan for that matter would boo NUFC. What the players need is for you too cheer and support them when there losing not verbally abuse Them! How does that help them turn the game around. Wrong mentality! The supporters are the 12th man! Support motivate and encourage, turn the tide and get back the momentum.

previous post: Decision Time On Sissoko Is Fast Approaching