The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Two More Clubs Reported After Top Newcastle Midfielder

7:36 am, Tuesday, August 16th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 7 Comments

French newspaper L’Equipe is reporting today that both Everton and Inter-Milan are interested in signing Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

With only 15 days left in the summer transfer window any clubs wanting Sissoko will have to move fairly quickly with Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez saying he is unlikely to sell the 26 year-old late in the transfer window.

moussa sissoko a-300x225

Moussa Sissoko – Everton and Inter-Milan interested?

There have been few offers made this summer to Newcastle for the player who starred for France in the Euro 2016 knockout games – and none have come near to the £35M Newcastle want for their midfielder.

L’Equipe is reporting today that negotiations between Everton officials and Moussa’s agent will commence in “the coming days” but the first thing necessary for any deal to be struck is to agree a fee with Newcastle.

Only yesterday Crustal Palace were said to be interested in signing Moussa, but not at the £35M fee Newcastle want for the former Toulouse midfielder.

Over the summer other clubs like Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid have been reported as being interested, but no bids from any of these clubs have been made.

Everton remind us a little of Manchester City this sumemr in that they are trying to make a statement in the transfer window with some big signings.

To be more accurate, some expensive signings and they paid out £25M for Yannick Bolasie from Crystal Palace yesterday.

They may be willing to pay out £35M for Sissoko, but they are not a Champions League club which is the type of big club Moussa has been talking about joining for the last three years or so.

Inter-Milan have been linked this summer, and maybe new manager Frank de Boer is keen on the French midfielder.

Inter may even be willing to shell out £35M for Sissoko if the new manager identities him as a top transfer target for his new club.

If no suitable bid is received for Moussa Sissoko soon, then Rafa Benitez could close up shop on the player’s sale after about another week.

The Newcastle manager is keen to get some stability with his squad in terms of which players are staying and which are going this summer.

Tags: Coaching · Contracts · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 AmericanMagpie // Aug 16, 2016 at 7:46 AM

This Moussa situation needs to be handled sooner rather than later. I’ll be happy when hes gone. Hopefully we reinvest the fee we receive.

• 2 Kabul Fish // Aug 16, 2016 at 7:51 AM

The Sissoko situation definitely needs resolving now!!!
    Get rid and re-invest or use him to get some much needed points……….oh the saga.

• 3 Kabul Fish // Aug 16, 2016 at 7:53 AM

I am not a football expert – goodness knows that if I was, I wouldn’t be stuck out here. So, not an expert and no one cares about my opinions apart from me. But I have opinions because I care and I have love for my team. I will them to succeed and when they don’t I get angry and frustrated and I release this tension by shouting, moaning and occasionally by writing twaddle about a subject I am clearly not an expert on. If my team win, draw or play well my week is good. If they play terribly and lose I feel like I am cursed and my support has jinxed them – quite obviously my weekend & start to the week is a bleak one. Since the weekend I have taken a step back and observed myself……….
    I have passion for NUFC! Passion as defined as a powerful and compelling feeling or emotion towards this team. I know that I clearly wear my heart on my sleeve – I cannot hide my emotions towards this team and everyone can see what I am feeling. I am delusional……..I keep believing that the next game will be the turning point, that it cannot get much worse and that the sleeping giant will awake and smash all of the other ‘smaller’ teams and we will take our rightful place amongst the elite! All of these beliefs are clearly contradicted by reality, rational argument and superior evidence but I still hold these wishes and wait………
    So, I am an honest, passionate delusional who awaits tomorrow’s game and who knows that we can’t possibly lose again and the season will well and truly start!! Rafa has my support through thick and thin. I will be cheering the guys on at SJP when I go back on R&R and I know that we will have climbed up the league table by then….surely?

• 4 Mag52 // Aug 16, 2016 at 7:57 AM

Sissoko is the great enigma isn’t he.
    His ability and influence on a game were on display in the Euro finals for France, although not for us last season.
    If he’s not sold in this window, it will be a real test of Rafa’s managerial ability to get him giving it 100% on the park week in week out for us in the championship. Will he succeed? It could make all the difference in our bid for promotion.

• 5 Jib // Aug 16, 2016 at 8:04 AM

If it gets too much.
    Loose a few rounds off at some passing Ghilzai.
    Their response should take your mind off any NUFC problems.

• 6 Budge123 // Aug 16, 2016 at 8:05 AM

It appears that Sissoko will be someone’s panic buy at the end of the window.
    In previous years that would be money in the bank for the fat man. But things are different now – apparently.
    How this plays out could illuminate how many things have actually changed.

• 7 Kabul Fish // Aug 16, 2016 at 8:07 AM

I have wanted to blat off a few rounds after the last two games ha ha

previous post: Good News – Returning Player Can Still Do A Job For Newcastle