The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Report – Moussa Sissoko Could Be Going Home

8:56 am, Friday, August 19th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 11 Comments

Le10 Sport  had a report out yesterday that Paris Saint-Germain are still interested in Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko and they are currently monitoring the situation with the 41 times capped French striker.

With only 12 days to go in the summer transfer window any clubs wanting to sign Moussa will need to move quickly, with Rafa Benitez indicating he would not be keen to sell the French powerhouse late in this transfer window.

In fact Rafa has said more than once he doesn’t want to sell Moussa, whom he likes both as a player and a person.

moussa-sissoko-france

Moussa Sissoko – could be going home to Paris?

There have still been no offers for the big Frenchman with Juventus, Crystal Palace, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, West Brom, Inter Milan and Everton having been some of the clubs linked with Sissoko this summer.

There had been news a week or so ago that PSG could move for Sissoko, but only if their midfielder Blaise Matuidi made a move to  Juventus as a replacement for Paul Pogba.

Indeed it had been thought that Sissoko could have been the replacement for Pogba at the Italian giants, but no such move has been made, probably because of the £35M price tag.

Moussa was born in Le Blanc-Mesnil in 1989, which is a commune in the northeastern suburbs of Paris, so PSG is his home town club.

And yes – you got it right – a year last January Moussa made positive comments about PSG, when there were rumors they could be making a move for the midfielder:

This is what Moussa said on January 27th, 2015, when asked  if he would leave before the transfer deadline:

“It does not depend on me. I am under contract with Newcastle.”

“My goal is to play at one of the biggest clubs, but it is not up to me.” “It would take an interested club to talk with Newcastle and with my agent so that everyone agrees on it.”

“Today, PSG is one of the best clubs in Europe. If I’m lucky they are interested in me then I would think about it with my agent.”

If PSG are interested in Moussa we could say they would be his dream club – but that would only be a wild guess on our part.

🙂

How Will Newcastle Fare At Bristol City?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Contracts · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

11 responses so far ↓

• 1 Toon Tang // Aug 19, 2016 at 8:58 AM

Good

• 2 Jib // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:01 AM

Altogether now

To the tune of 3 lions

He’s going home
    he’s going home
    Moussa’s going home

• 3 lochinvar // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:03 AM

ness gracious me

Finish your sentences man !

• 4 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:05 AM

If he’s going to go, I wish it’d all just be completed as fast as possible so we can put the money to other deals.

• 5 giimps // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:06 AM

I’m just sick of hearing about the tw@t now

• 6 lochinvar // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:09 AM

This is not goodbye it’s only Au Revoir – if we insert a buy back clause in the deal

• 7 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:09 AM

His agent-brother/brother in-law most likely be skint – trawling him around Europe to get his pay-off.
    most likely to end up in China or Russia so they can get a sale

• 8 Spotlight Kid // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:14 AM

Nobody to blame but Charnley. £35k is fantasy flash-in-the-pan finance, as every NUFC fan knows full well. Most on here would have taken £10m at the drop of a hat last May – the rest would have settled for £6m….. Drop the price to £25m and get rid ffs because you won’t even get £6m in a year’s time!

• 9 JP...from The Rock // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Fcuk off already Sissoko!! So sick of hearing about this tool.

• 10 Munster Mag // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:52 AM

We have overpriced this guy from day 1. I’m not sure if 35mill has been set by the club but I would take less than that , even with the money sloshing around the game at present. We could have had 25 mil and gone to Forest with a 10mil bid for Assombalonga and we would have a serious powerhouse up front with cash in the bank too.

• 11 SA Toon // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:53 AM

I really hope someone makes an offer soon. We need the transfer fee so that we can buy some midfield creativity. At this stage we don’t have the player or the money so it’s a complete waste of time. I know Rafa has indicated that he won’t accept last minute bids, but I think he should go further and put a deadline on the process. Let clubs know that offers will not be accepted after a specified date. Sissoko will then have to get his agent to do some work and get offers in, or he will be staying at NUFC. I hope it doesn’t come to that though. I would rather have some fired up replacements than a disgruntled wantaway!

previous post: Newcastle Struggling To Attract Striker Target