Sky Sports – Sissoko Not For Sale – An Old Story

We saw the report last night from Sky Sports saying that Rafa Benitez said there had been no price put on Mousa Sissoko’s head, because he was simply not for sale.

So at first we thought great –  Rafa has come out and said he is not selling Moussa with only 12 days left of the transfer window.

rafa benitez moussa sissoko

Rafa Benitez with Moussa Sissoko

But reading Rafa’s comments they seemed very familiar, so when we searched for them it was a report done on 12th July by Sky Sports – two days after the Euro Final where Moussa was a star man in the final against Portugal.

For some reason (probably an error) that same report was released again last night.

If you look at the report the date at the top is 12/7 and in the English calendar representation that’s 12th July (it’s the 7th December here in the US).

So wee ignored the report because of that, but we see that not many other Newcastle fans did and it’s the top story on NewsNow.

Unfortunately it’s now 38 days old and not today’s news – where Moussa is still for sale – with 12 days left in the window and it looks like Newcastle are staying firm on the £35M fee.

In his press conference today Rafa said there was no change In Moussa’s status – still no acceptable bids have been received.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Bristol City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:06 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley
    August 19, 2016
    It’s a shame because before I started posting on here I actually had favourites that I enjoyed reading. Now my opinion on them has changed… Drastically.

YoungMagpieFromBurnley
    August 19, 2016
    Bedpan? So I’m still rob to you? Damn you just can’t seem to accept that you were wrong. So fixated on your agenda that factual evidence can’t even convince you otherwise. Sad sad man.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Hobbit.

I don’t care about your opinion on me. Why don’t you stick to writing one paragraph on football then harassing people that you believe to be trolls. Awesome language by you on the last thread, setting a great example to the young readers on here (me included). Foul man.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:10 PM

So how about I take a picture of myself stood directly next to the ‘barnoldswick’ sign? Or would I still be Rob? Nevermind, I know the answer to that.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:11 PM

I miss my old username, being able to post about football without being judged was great. Now I don’t see the point. Young fans not wanted on here I guess.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Hmmmmm. What’s the record for most consecutive posts by someone?

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Pretty sure I could beat it… I have time to spare before I go and see suicide squad.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:13 PM

*sigh*

Bus journeys suck…

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:14 PM

It’s funny when I think about it, I was so badly ridiculed on here for experimenting on something that I had believed to be true. And it turned out it was. It will always be the same on here.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Hey ed, thank-you so much for providing all Newcastle fans around the world with a platform for us to share our views. It’s incredibly generous and we’ll put together. Talking to fellow fans on here is a great way to keep us United. Before Rafa came I’m you were the reason why the communication was held together. Bravo.

• Jhonyp

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:18 PM

I have to say I think it’s total rubbish that Sissoko is not fit to play. I guarantee if Arsenal had signed him for 35 million on wed this week he’d have been in Arsenals starting lineup this weekend. Sissoko is just pretending to be injured because he doesn’t want to play. Diame has managed to overcome his ankle injury which was believed to be worse than Sissokos “knock in training” yet Diame is in contention for Bristol but Sissoko isn’t. It’s a load of rubbish He knows it, Benitez knows it, and so do we.

• bettyswallocks

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:19 PM

YMFB …….. There don’t seem to be too many hard feelings now about your past antics bad you did apologise so leave the past behind now.

If the Rob reference causes you distress then maybe a compromise might work? We could call you Robatt or Bob or even Robbie.

• bettyswallocks

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Bad was and.

• AncientC

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Another update on Sissoko. How thoroughly mundane.

• toon kk

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:23 PM

I hope Sissoko does stay tbh, we’ll be a far stronger team with him in it. I know many fans feel bitter towards him. But the good of the club must come first.
    As far as him been sold goes of course he’ll be sold if the right bid comes in.
    It’s about strengthening what we already have that’s the main thing.

• hibbitt

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:27 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley

then you wonder why your not trusted
    go and enjoy your movie if that’s true

• hibbitt

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:29 PM

toon kk

only if Rafa can get him to turn up week in week out which i very much doubt

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Betty

Surely you understand why I get upset over being called Rob… Right? The things that he has been ridiculed of are foul and being compared to someone of that nature hurts. Especially when I have proved that’s not me and I’m still called him. It makes me feel sick.

• geordie157

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Would be interesting to know exactly how many posters on here post under multiple names.

Predictions for tomorrow? I’m going for a draw, it should be a cracking atmosphere!

• toon22

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:34 PM

If Sissoko stays he has to be played as a striker imho,we dont need him anywhere else and his height is needed.
    As unlikley as it seems if he could reproduce the Spurs gsme kind of form he would be unplayable upfront.

Whats most likley to happen is a last gasp deal on transfer deadline day.

• bettyswallocks

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:35 PM

YMFB ……. What would you prefer to be called then?

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Hobbit

I’m sorry, I reacted poorly. My bad. Yes, it was true, thank-you for your comment. I will try to enjoy myself and then I’ll look forward to tommorow when we smash Bristol.

HTWL

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:37 PM

My tag? Like you do with most people. I don’t understand why I’m special. Although if you’re offering I do really like the name ‘zeph’. 😀

• Jib

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:39 PM

According to the Spanish media Rafa Benitez asked – Miguel Pérez Cuesta, “Michu”, (remember him?) if he was interested in a return to England.
    He has opted to sign for Real Oviedo.

• toon kk

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:43 PM

hibbitt
    I do think Rafa would get the best out of Sissoko, he’s the type of manager who’d leave him out of the team if he thought he wasn’t pulling his weight.

Tbh I think we’re waiting for him to go to free up money before bringing any other signings in.

• bettyswallocks

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Ok Zeph ? We’ll go for that then. Enjoy your evening.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Looks like we dodged another bullet – LesScott going to the Mackems

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Thanksyou, you too.

• Tsunki

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:55 PM

OK Zeph it is then. Easier than YMFB anyway. Sorry to hear I’m not one of your favourites, gutted about that but I think I can move on. I used to quite like that Take a Chancel guy so I know how you feel when you suddenly go off someone.

Aug 19, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Thanks. Now i can just move on.

• hibbitt

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:04 PM

toon kk

100% agree with the last bit
    in my mind that’s why he’s not being picked the club are not taking any risks with Rafa’s spending money

• jazzyp

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:04 PM

What happened to the guy who was always on morphine and in and out of hospital ??

• Tsunki

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Jazzyp – Don’t. … just…don’t…

• Tsunki

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Hobbit – what would YOU like to be called? 🙂

• Belfast

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM

He got touched by a Brazilian nun and made a miraculous recovery jazzy.

• Belfast

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Healing hands.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Angry Man The Angry Fan tops my list of bloggers whom have disappeared into the ether.

• Offkey

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:10 PM

I liked angry man too

• jazzyp

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:16 PM

Sorry Tsunki. Couldn’t help it

• Belfats

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:16 PM

He got touched by a Brazilian nun and made a miraculous recovery jazzy

• Belfats

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:20 PM

The Irish ignore anything they can’t drink or punch.