The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Sky Sports – Sissoko Not For Sale – An Old Story

5:04 pm, Friday, August 19th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 94 Comments

We saw the report last night from Sky Sports saying that Rafa Benitez said there had been no price put on Mousa Sissoko’s head, because he was simply not for sale.

So at first we thought great –  Rafa has come out and said he is not selling Moussa with only 12 days left of the transfer window.

rafa benitez moussa sissoko

Rafa Benitez with Moussa Sissoko

But reading Rafa’s comments they seemed very familiar, so when we searched for them it was a report done on 12th July by Sky Sports – two days after the Euro Final where Moussa was a star man in the final against Portugal.

For some reason (probably an error) that same report was released again last night.

If you look at the report the date at the top is 12/7 and in the English calendar representation that’s 12th July (it’s the 7th December here in the US).

So wee ignored the report because of that, but we see that not many other Newcastle fans did and it’s the top story on NewsNow.

Unfortunately it’s now 38 days old and not today’s news – where Moussa is still for sale – with 12 days left in the window and it looks like Newcastle are staying firm on the £35M fee.

In his press conference today Rafa said there was no change In Moussa’s status – still no acceptable bids have been received.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Bristol City?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Other News · Transfer News and Rumours

94 responses so far ↓

• 1 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:06 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley
    August 19, 2016
    It’s a shame because before I started posting on here I actually had favourites that I enjoyed reading. Now my opinion on them has changed… Drastically.

YoungMagpieFromBurnley
    August 19, 2016
    Bedpan? So I’m still rob to you? Damn you just can’t seem to accept that you were wrong. So fixated on your agenda that factual evidence can’t even convince you otherwise. Sad sad man.

• 2 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Hobbit.

I don’t care about your opinion on me. Why don’t you stick to writing one paragraph on football then harassing people that you believe to be trolls. Awesome language by you on the last thread, setting a great example to the young readers on here (me included). Foul man.

• 3 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:10 PM

So how about I take a picture of myself stood directly next to the ‘barnoldswick’ sign? Or would I still be Rob? Nevermind, I know the answer to that.

• 4 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:11 PM

I miss my old username, being able to post about football without being judged was great. Now I don’t see the point. Young fans not wanted on here I guess.

• 5 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Hmmmmm. What’s the record for most consecutive posts by someone?

• 6 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Pretty sure I could beat it… I have time to spare before I go and see suicide squad.

• 7 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:13 PM

*sigh*

Bus journeys suck…

• 8 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:14 PM

It’s funny when I think about it, I was so badly ridiculed on here for experimenting on something that I had believed to be true. And it turned out it was. It will always be the same on here.

• 9 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Hey ed, thank-you so much for providing all Newcastle fans around the world with a platform for us to share our views. It’s incredibly generous and we’ll put together. Talking to fellow fans on here is a great way to keep us United. Before Rafa came I’m you were the reason why the communication was held together. Bravo.

• 10 Jhonyp // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:18 PM

I have to say I think it’s total rubbish that Sissoko is not fit to play. I guarantee if Arsenal had signed him for 35 million on wed this week he’d have been in Arsenals starting lineup this weekend. Sissoko is just pretending to be injured because he doesn’t want to play. Diame has managed to overcome his ankle injury which was believed to be worse than Sissokos “knock in training” yet Diame is in contention for Bristol but Sissoko isn’t. It’s a load of rubbish He knows it, Benitez knows it, and so do we.

• 11 bettyswallocks // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:19 PM

YMFB …….. There don’t seem to be too many hard feelings now about your past antics bad you did apologise so leave the past behind now.

If the Rob reference causes you distress then maybe a compromise might work? We could call you Robatt or Bob or even Robbie.

• 12 bettyswallocks // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Bad was and.

• 13 AncientC // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Another update on Sissoko. How thoroughly mundane.

• 14 toon kk // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:23 PM

I hope Sissoko does stay tbh, we’ll be a far stronger team with him in it. I know many fans feel bitter towards him. But the good of the club must come first.
    As far as him been sold goes of course he’ll be sold if the right bid comes in.
    It’s about strengthening what we already have that’s the main thing.

• 15 hibbitt // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:27 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley

then you wonder why your not trusted
    go and enjoy your movie if that’s true

• 16 hibbitt // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:29 PM

toon kk

only if Rafa can get him to turn up week in week out which i very much doubt

• 17 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Betty

Surely you understand why I get upset over being called Rob… Right? The things that he has been ridiculed of are foul and being compared to someone of that nature hurts. Especially when I have proved that’s not me and I’m still called him. It makes me feel sick.

• 18 geordie157 // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Would be interesting to know exactly how many posters on here post under multiple names.

Predictions for tomorrow? I’m going for a draw, it should be a cracking atmosphere!

• 19 toon22 // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:34 PM

If Sissoko stays he has to be played as a striker imho,we dont need him anywhere else and his height is needed.
    As unlikley as it seems if he could reproduce the Spurs gsme kind of form he would be unplayable upfront.

Whats most likley to happen is a last gasp deal on transfer deadline day.

• 20 bettyswallocks // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:35 PM

YMFB ……. What would you prefer to be called then?

• 21 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Hobbit

I’m sorry, I reacted poorly. My bad. Yes, it was true, thank-you for your comment. I will try to enjoy myself and then I’ll look forward to tommorow when we smash Bristol.

HTWL

• 22 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:37 PM

My tag? Like you do with most people. I don’t understand why I’m special. Although if you’re offering I do really like the name ‘zeph’. 😀

• 23 Jib // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:39 PM

According to the Spanish media Rafa Benitez asked – Miguel Pérez Cuesta, “Michu”, (remember him?) if he was interested in a return to England.
    He has opted to sign for Real Oviedo.

• 24 toon kk // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:43 PM

hibbitt
    I do think Rafa would get the best out of Sissoko, he’s the type of manager who’d leave him out of the team if he thought he wasn’t pulling his weight.

Tbh I think we’re waiting for him to go to free up money before bringing any other signings in.

• 25 bettyswallocks // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Ok Zeph ? We’ll go for that then. Enjoy your evening.

• 26 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Looks like we dodged another bullet – LesScott going to the Mackems

• 27 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Thanksyou, you too.

• 28 Tsunki // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:55 PM

OK Zeph it is then. Easier than YMFB anyway. Sorry to hear I’m not one of your favourites, gutted about that but I think I can move on. I used to quite like that Take a Chancel guy so I know how you feel when you suddenly go off someone.

• 29 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Thanks. Now i can just move on.

• 30 hibbitt // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:04 PM

toon kk

100% agree with the last bit
    in my mind that’s why he’s not being picked the club are not taking any risks with Rafa’s spending money

• 31 jazzyp // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:04 PM

What happened to the guy who was always on morphine and in and out of hospital ??

• 32 Tsunki // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Jazzyp – Don’t. … just…don’t…

• 33 Tsunki // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Hobbit – what would YOU like to be called? 🙂

• 34 Belfast // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM

He got touched by a Brazilian nun and made a miraculous recovery jazzy.

• 35 Belfast // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Healing hands.

• 36 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Angry Man The Angry Fan tops my list of bloggers whom have disappeared into the ether.

• 37 Offkey // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:10 PM

I liked angry man too

• 38 jazzyp // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:16 PM

Sorry Tsunki. Couldn’t help it

• 39 Belfats // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:16 PM

He got touched by a Brazilian nun and made a miraculous recovery jazzy

• 40 Belfats // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:20 PM

The Irish ignore anything they can’t drink or punch.

• 41 jazzyp // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:24 PM

On SdJ, At the time I was over the moon with us bringing in this guy. But unfortunately injuries have blighted his career here.

Would like to know how the hell he will pass his medical ?

• 42 Yo-yo // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:29 PM

YMFB
    Just let the ID stuff wash over you and get on with posting your opinions. I find them readable even if I don’t always agree with them.

Have to say that I don’t always get the multiples arguments – except the Iantoon one because Ian really does try to dish it out and seems to have an unhealthy obsession with Belfast.

Jib // Aug 19, 2016 at 3:57 PM
    It must be horrid to be ridiculed on here for voicing an opinion
    It’s never happened to me – thank heavens ! ?
    This really made me laugh as the smiley is hardly sufficiently ironic from the guy who hands out abuse to anyone who posts a different opinion to his own. Jib has never really got the fact that blogs are for people with different opinions and ye’ll only get knocked down if yer a total eejit, as most of us are capable of arguing a point without descending to the depths. He insists on Googling at windmills.

• 43 Ian Toon // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Yo-yo – What a closeted world you must live in!

• 44 Jib // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:38 PM

jazzyp
    I remember hearing the SdJ news on holiday in Mallorca July 2014 in a Geordie bar and doing a celebratory jig on the terrace – I was so pleased.
    What a shame for all concerned.

• 45 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Yo-yo

Don’t take this the wrong way if I’m mistaken, but aren’t you WWSBRD? If so then I guess I owe you the biggest apology (don’t worry guys, it’s my last and I won’t speak anymore on the past). You were the kindest blogger to interact with me when I joined and I let you down. Maybe even clouded your judgement on new posters, which is really sad. You don’t have to accept it but it’s there.

Also, thanks for the kind words. Glad that you give my posts a chance, I’m ok at English but not at you guy’s level, it kinda inspires me to get better at writing, especially so that it’s easier for fellow bloggers to read.

• 46 welshgeordie9 // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:44 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley

I wouldn’t worry if people called you rob, could be worse they could call you jail for ashley then I would be offended.

Ha ha ha

• 47 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Welsh

Im not speaking on that matter anymore.

• 48 jazzyp // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Jib

I can remember Torqtoon breaking the news and the excitement it created on this blog.
    Sadly that’s about as much enjoyment we got out of the guy. Sdj a man of obvious talent but failed to have the chance to shine at Nufc

• 49 Jib // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Just seen Rafa on SSN
    He’s so patient
    He must be fed up to the back teeth with Q’s about Sissoko – but – he’s polite and always gives a full answer.

• 50 Tsunki // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:54 PM

it’s funny, Zeph, but when you are on so is this Belfats character, usually. Maybe it just seems coincidental.

• 51 Jib // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Welshie
    It’s got to be an easy 3 points for your other team at home to Hull City this weekend.

• 52 hibbitt // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:59 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley

thought you were off to the movies ????

• 53 Belfats // Aug 19, 2016 at 6:59 PM

If it was raining soup, the Irish would go out with forks

• 54 Belfast // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Did you ever hear about the bloke who pretended he was seriously ill on a nufc blog Belfats? That one’s a cracker… He he

• 55 tequilamag // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Belfast.Reminds me of the one who pretended to be a 13 year old Indian boy, though that one was a bit creepy.

• 56 welshgeordie9 // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Jib

You would think so but sometimes Swans are like Newcastle, they do things the hard way.

• 57 Belfats // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:08 PM

God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

• 58 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:14 PM

I thought he was only on when Belfast was? I never see him post when he isn’t. That’s an unfortunate coincidence.

Movie starts at 8:30, setting off in 15 minutes.

• 59 Jib // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:18 PM

It seems strange to hear Sunderland v Boro described as the North East Derby.

• 60 Belfast // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Haha you little chancer.

Shall I go to Ed and I’ll copy and paste his response ?? 🙂

• 61 Jail for Ashley // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Raj of Hailsley was in his forties and worked in a call centre in Hyderabad!

• 62 welshgeordie9 // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:22 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley

What film are you watching, Rob Roy is a good film.

• 63 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Ok I’m going guys, I might be on later when I get back. Please tell me if this Belfats bloke says anything to do with me when I’m gone. I’m all paranoid now considering I’m an easy target to frame. Hope you all have good nights.

• 64 Belfats // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Cheaters never prosper, unless they get away with it.

• 65 Tsunki // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Going to the cinema? There’s that guy who plays a chancer who lives in a fantasy world and doesn’t realise it makes him look a plonker. I think he’s going to see Star Trek.

• 66 Jib // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Raj of Hailsley was in his forties
    His real name was Dave
    He had a high pitched voice
    He loved solving anagrams

• 67 Belfast // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:30 PM

He turned up when you brought up the whole Vollans thing again.

And after you’d tried every trick in the book to get some sympathy. ( Didn’t work)

One minute you were gay and struggling with your sexualitiy and we were being homophobic then you where being bullied and you were drove of the blog. Real tear jerkers.

Just stirring trouble and you’ll be fine.

• 68 Belfast // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:31 PM

*stop stirring*

• 69 Belfats // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:33 PM

St. Patrick… one of the few saints whose feast day presents the opportunity to get determinedly whacked and make a fool of oneself all under the guise of acting Irish.

• 70 Tsunki // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Hmm. Getting closer to the wire telling Irish jokes, fats/rob/zeph/Youngweirdo… pretty poor form even for a juvenile crank stalker

• 71 Tsunki // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:38 PM

What cinema are you haunting tonight Zeph?

• 72 Belfats // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:39 PM

I see your face when I am dreaming. That’s why I always wake up screaming.

• 73 Jail for Ashley // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Jibberish,
    Well spotted, that’s why you’re the blog meister!

• 74 Yo-yo // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:46 PM

YMFB
    No …. Yo is a totally different poster and his nickname goes back to dreamboat days… take far too long to explain

• 75 sing in the corner // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Looking forward to watching Man Utd v Southampton in a bit. Think the saints are gonna get smashed out of sight if Man U transfer on paper to reality.

• 76 Jail for Ashley // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:47 PM

So Belfats has gone from being creepily annoying to plain abusive, him and Jib should get on just fine, I hope Jibberish hasn’t been hacked again, I’d hate to have to have to hear his grovelling hung over apologies again!

• 77 Jail for Ashley // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:48 PM

sitc,
    I don’t do PL anymore Channel five on Saturdays is my thing now 🙁

• 78 Yo-yo // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Ian

It’s certainly not me there with you in your closet…and I have never gone in for the obsequious hero worship either.

• 79 firebug666 // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:49 PM

I have to admit I was well and truly sucked in by TFL, and felt really sorry for him, even to the point of worrying when he went missing for a while.

I ended up feeling a right prat in the end, it is one of the reasons I don’t post so much anymore.

But in all honesty he deserves everything he gets for what he put this blog though.

Now onto more important things, I got a nice bottle of bells whiskey given today, time for a sample I think.

Oh yeah….. Siem looks to be going (medical apart) and Sissoko should be gone, if not drop him into the reserves, He doesn’t want to play for us so he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team.

• 80 Belfats // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Under the English legal system you are innocent until you are shown to be Irish.

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:54 PM

You’re treading a fine line there Belfats!

• 82 Belfats // Aug 19, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Irish Alzheimer’s: you forget everything except the grudges

• 83 welshgeordie9 // Aug 19, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Why is Pogba playing as a defensive midfielder.

• 84 sing in the corner // Aug 19, 2016 at 8:04 PM

They should have bought that Sissoko fella and saved themselves a fortune.

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Aug 19, 2016 at 8:11 PM

I think Soton lack of ambition since the brave move of sacking Atkinson will he thir downfall.

• 86 Jail for Ashley // Aug 19, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Adkins

• 87 sing in the corner // Aug 19, 2016 at 8:15 PM

They look sharp on the.counter tonight. No alarms.
    Things have changed since the days when Utd would start ferociously and just blow teams away

• 88 Belfast // Aug 19, 2016 at 8:54 PM

Think Belfats has just realised this is probably his last night on the blog Jail – out with a bang.

Firebug
    It was all very convincing so yer not a prat. 🙂

• 89 Belfast // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:00 PM

And think Rooney has finally realised hair transplants just don’t work with his heed and given up. Skipped the hair transplant this summer.

• 90 Ron Knee // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Perhaps he could get some tips from Pogba?

• 91 sing in the corner // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:10 PM

On the important subject of footballer hair…Fellaini – WTF??? Ginger afro? Haha what a tool!

• 92 Ron Knee // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:16 PM

Cabella will be sorely missed.

• 93 bettyswallocks // Aug 19, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Belfast ……. Be sure you don’t allow this Belfats to gain access to any of your personal contact details. You never know with these obsessive stalkers.

• 94 lochinvar // Aug 19, 2016 at 10:46 PM

GB women’s hockey team win in penalty shoot out for gold – awesome nerve racking result – more stressful than watching Toon !

previous post: Initial Press Conference Comments – Key Player Fit to Play