Rafa Involved Personally To Sign Top Striker – Bid Imminent

We had an article out earlier today on Newcastle’s interest in signing FC Utrecht French striker Sebastien Haller, but we also pointed out that while Haller is keen to play in England, it’s in the Premier League where he wants to play his football.

So it will be a challenge for Newcastle and Rafa Benitez to persuade him to join Newcastle United in the Championship this summer.

Sebastien Haller 876

22 year-old FC Utrecht French striker Sebastien Haller

Now there’s news coming from L’Equipe in France that Rafa has personally phoned the 22 year-old to explain his “exciting project” at Newcastle and to sell the second division club to the striker.

Rafa will have told the young striker how he sees him playing in the team and that Newcastle expect to be promoted to the Premier League next May.

If it’s like Rafa’s talk with Isaac Hayden he will tell him his good points, but also some areas he can improve in – and that (world-class) Rafa can help him become a much better player.

Benitez is said to rate the young French striker highly and certainly he would be an excellent acquisition for us.

The two successive wins in four days should also help to sign Haller and the three other players Rafa wants to bring in by the end of the month.

Newcastle have been negotiating with FC Utrecht and L’Equipe reports that Newcastle will be bidding for the player imminently – and it seems to be at a fairly low £6M transfer fee.

If that’s true then presumably Rafa has convinced the player to join Newcastle should a fee be agreed between Newcastle and Utrecht.

Sebastien Haller only joined Utrecht last summer from Auxerre, but he had a great first season in Holland and in 40 appearances for his Dutch club he scored 24 goals and had 6 assists.

Rafa said on Friday that we were close to a number of new players joining the club, so hopefully Sebastien is one of them.

He would be another excellent signing for the club.

• NUFCPaul

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:33 PM

Great, rapid article output should paper over the whole Kets incident and how annoyed we are by the lack of action from Ed.

• ToonMauritius

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:33 PM

Oops another frenchie. If Rafa is dealing personally, then he must be very talented.

• NUFCPaul

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Repost – expatmag – that’s a disappointing response from Ed. It’s clear from the responses on the blog that we were disgusted with what he said and I think it warranted much stronger action than merely being ‘monitored’. What does the guy have to say to get banned if that awful comment wasn’t enough? I’m not impressed at all.

• expatmag

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:35 PM

NUFC PAUL

Yes mate. Disappointing to say the least.

However, I wonder how Ed would feel if my legal practitioners contacted him about this matter with a request for Ketsbaias personal information to be supplied to them in a defamation and libel matter?

I am sure he wouldnt want it to go that far.

• NUFCPaul

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Repost – And the fact that Kets just popped up after we mentioned him is just him rubbing it in our faces that he’s still about. Poor moderation that sends out the message you can say whatever the hell you want to say and only get a slap on the wrist. Kets must be laughing his head off right now.

Won’t hold my breath waiting to see if he posts a genuine apology to you.

• SUTTY1978

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Must be made up, if not then it’s blatantly tapping up.
    Funny how these articles come out and not only do they know that someone has phoned up, they know the content of the conversation. It’s bull

• expatmag

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:37 PM

Ron knee

Yes mate….the rivalry down there is historic and just watching the game as I write, the atmosphere is raucous.

• expatmag

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:39 PM

Still 1-1 in the East Anglia derby. Could go either way this….10 mins to go

• expatmag

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:42 PM

PAUL

Not expecting one mate. I dont think he quite understands his offensive behaviour.

• geordie157

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Get in boro, great goal

• NUFCPaul

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:43 PM

I’m done with this blog if no action is taken. Saying it’ll be ‘monitored’ is a total cop out and amounts to taking absolutely no action at all. Kets obviously isn’t going to apologise and will continue to post as if nothing happened. His talk of ‘going out to get some gash’ and having ‘seventeen lasses on the go’ is bad enough but yesterday should have been enough for a ban. I hope you get the resolution you were looking for expat. You’ve definitely got my support.

• Yo-yo

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:43 PM

This is how Rafe recruits. He talks to player personally which is excellent man management and they feel they are wanted for his project. If this guy is any good or has the potential he’d be one for EPL when we get back there.
    Remember when we got gazumped for Remy? Slack management definitely. Rafa is in a diffferent class. Interesting ten days coming up…

• Ron Knee

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:44 PM

Tremendous!

• geordie157

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:44 PM

I like the boro starting xi, that front four will cause teams problems.

• Toon Tang

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:44 PM

Gwarn Boro

• Yo-yo

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:45 PM

expat

What was the original post that caused the offensive response ?
    I’ve looked but can’t find it.

• WWSBRD

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:49 PM

Would be impressed if we got Haller seems to be in high demand, young though but does seem to fit the bill of what we need

Rafa wants 4 in by all accounts Galloway surely is coming soon, striker and a winger not sure on the fourth though?

• expatmag

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Yoyo

I was chatting to One Fine Day and told him I was taking my 11 year old daughter to a science expo in the morning but we would probably be late getting there.

He made infrences of paedophelia and sexual activity by me on my daughter. I dont want yo say anymore on the matter. It has been reported but Ed seems reluctant to take action against him.

A few other bloggers have voiced their disgust on the matter.

• WWSBRD

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Jordan Rhodes is meant to be available

• expatmag

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:52 PM

Ketsvaia made inferences…..not One Fine Day

Should have worded that better.

• Spoof

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:53 PM

Paul

I was posting at the time that Kets made that post, and it was sick, I’m not going to defend, not by any stretch of the imagination, but we have all seen Kets post and in all honesty I do not view him as being the most intelligent in the world, but at the same time I don’t see him as being vindictive or nasty, I honestly believe that he made that post with it being intended as being humerous, which it most certainly wasn’t as it was just sick, but I doubt that he intended to cause the offence which he has, in a nutshell I doubt that he has it within himself to realise just what he has actually done.

Expat.

He was way out of line, way off the mark, but like I say I doubt it was intentional, just do as you normally do with him which is the same as I do with him, don’t bother reading his posts as he offers as much interest as watching paint dry does.

As for a ban, it won’t happen, Ed has many good points but instilling blog discipline isn’t one of them which is why we have so many fights on this blog, at one stage a few weeks ago it got so bad that I joined in as a neutral to try and keep the peace and get us all to show a bit of respect, as a result I got accused of being a coward who was hiding hoping that I wouldn’t get picked on, what complete and utter nonsense but when I mentioned to Ed just how bad the blog was and how some use it as a battle ground all he could do was say that it has always been a problem but all he could do was ask for harmony, the thought of banning people has never entered his head, all we can do is to ignore them or take the comment to a higher orthority outside the blog, but as bad as his comment was, does it deserve that when we consider who made it, after all he doesn’t come across as being the brightest spark does he.

• Ron Knee

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:53 PM

1-1. A draw is good for us, I suppose.

• expatmag

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:54 PM

WWSBRD

They paid around 11 million pounds for him last January. I would jmagine they would want most of that back

• expatmag

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:00 PM

SPOOF

Not geing the brightest spark is no excuse mate. Have a look at his posts since.

Who will be the next one?

This is a football forum so why do we have to continually be reminded of his sexual fantasies?

Sorry mate but he needs to be dealt with because it is obvious to me and a few others that he believes he has done nothing wrong.

He should be banned. A lesson taught.

• tomtoon13

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:06 PM

Kets out!

• expatmag

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Just watching Guingamp v Marseille

Guingamp 1 up in the first minute. Cabella starts behind Gomis, Thauvin on the bench

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:08 PM

I am once again apologise for a comment that I made. It was just in the heat of the moment and I got a bit carried away. Yes, it was immature. I was hungover and didn’t read the previous post properly. Can I ask you all to treat me with respect.

• Shadow_Shearer

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:09 PM

I wonder if this means we are not interested in bas dost anymore.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:13 PM

Have a feeling that Boro will win today. Seriously think Sunderland will drop this season.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:14 PM

Didn’t think Kets had that in him, seemed so harmless.

• Spoof

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Expat

that’s fair comment mate, but nothing will happen, it never does, how many times do we see posters making umpteen post and not one about football, Ed doesn’t do discipline which in my view handicaps the blog, there are many who should have been banned but they aren’t and I doubt that Kets will.

I know that this is not the point but not a solitary person would think bad of you as we all know who and what he is, but is he worth the hassle, you weren’t aware of what he had said until another poster brought your attention to it, I have to admit that I wasn’t aware of it either as like yourself I see the name of Kets and I just look at the next one down.

A couple of years ago there was an Irish fella, not Kieran, he’s decent, but he was saying that he supports Newcastle but he hates the English and wishes them harm, he doesn’t post now but that is dreadful, it’s actually racist against English people but when I complained what did Ed do, well I think you can guess, nothing will happen mate so the best thing that I think you can do is ignore him, try to forget what he said, not easy I accept that but move on rather than upset yourself if you don’t get the banning order which should be made.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Mackems 0 – Smoggies 2 hee hee hee!!!!!!!

• cyprus

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Ramirez negredo not bad

• toon kk

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Boro 2 up, they look a well organised team with pace.

• Spoof

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:17 PM

2-0 Boro
    get in

• WWSBRD

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:17 PM

expat
    We could pay it easy enough

• NUFCPaul

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:20 PM

An example needs to be made here. Ed is always talking about how things were done at IBM, so is this how they handled vile behavior there? Just brush it under the carpet and ignore it? Saying that Kets is too stupid to know better is a poor excuse. He knew exactly what he was saying at the time and it was just his regular act of provocation taken way too far. But of course he knew it was no big deal and that he’d get away with it. It’ll be interesting to see if we have copycats now who act up knowing there’s no punishment from the moderator.

• cyprus

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:20 PM

The promoted championship teams aren’t finding it too hard in the PL. This may show the level of that league. The chasm isn’t big, at all.

• NUFCPaul

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:28 PM

At least we have the SMBs losing to the Smog Monsters as a bit of relief from yesterday’s nastiness. Shame our amazing win was overshadowed in such a way. Wonder where all those mouthy Mackems have gone? And speaking of which, where the hell is gorgonzola? Posting all the time when we were losing and two wins on the trot and he vanishes. Coincidence?

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM

The Premier League is a poor league. It’s not as good as it used to be. I used to like the league when each team was only allowed to play 4 non-eu players in the line up.