The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Another Midfielder To Follow Siem de Jong Out On Loan

6:40 pm, Monday, August 22nd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 128 Comments

France Football are reporting that Newcastle central midfielder Henri Saivet will travel to Saint-Etienne tomorrow for a medical, before his proposed loan to the French club.

Once Henri passes his medical the season long loan deal will go ahead and the 9 times capped Senegal International will be on his way after an unhappy eight months on Tyneside.

Terms have already been agreed for the loan between the two clubs and it’s likely the deal could be announced tomorrow – all being well.

henri saivet ireland

Henri Saivet in pre-season training at Newcastle

While we don’t believe there is an option to buy in Siem de Jong’s loan deal to PSV announced earlier today – there is one in Henri’s loan deal.

And it’s interesting that St. Etienne lost 3-2 to Bordeaux, Saivet’s former club, in the opening game of the season yesterday.

The Senegalese defensive midfielder joined Newcastle in January in a £5M deal, but couldn’t break into the Newcastle first team and ended up making only 4 appearances for the Magpies.

Saivet does not seem to have any future at Newcastle with Rafa Benitez in charge – and it’s best for both parties that he go out on loan and resurrect his career back in France next season.

Tags: Financials · Henri Saivet · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Other News

128 responses so far ↓

• 1 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Convinced Saviet has one of those clauses – Add on payment after 5 games another payment after 50 games etc etc

Or maybe he’s just shite.

• 2 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 22, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Saivet clearly hasn’t done enough to impress.

• 3 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 6:43 PM

I did say add on payment Jib.

• 4 NUFCPaul // Aug 22, 2016 at 6:45 PM

So Rafa is steadily trimming down the squad and has stated he wants to work with about 25 players. Who do we think he’ll have in that core 25? Feel free to add possible players he’s yet to sign (Haller, etc.)

• 5 Spoof // Aug 22, 2016 at 6:48 PM

It was going to be difficult for him to force his way into the side as it appears that Hayden, Shelvey, Colback and Anita are all ahead of him and we also have Diame who could play a deeper role and officially Sissoko is still here and he could play deeper as well so with four definitely ahead of him, which could be six then it is probably for the best if he moves on, shame really as he was never given a chance whilst here.

• 6 Jib // Aug 22, 2016 at 6:53 PM

What ?

You pay $5million for a player then if he plays 5 games you pay some more ?

Raises eyes to ceiling

Shakes head slowly

Sighs deeply

• 7 Jib // Aug 22, 2016 at 6:58 PM

£5 million even

• 8 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 6:59 PM

*Claps* You geddit!

• 9 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:03 PM

It is possible to pay 5 million up front another 500k after five games and then another 500k after 50 games Buster. 🙂

• 10 SUTTY1978 // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Another day down without moving closer to signing anyone. Lots of hard work being done on moving people out. Iopts a bit risky to hope that once the players are out and the cash is freed up that we will be able to get who we want.
    Multitasking might be a bit of a stretch for the tea boy though

• 11 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Black n brown

In less than three hours i would confidently claim that even the best cdms cant really do much to impress. I am not saying he IS any good, but anyone stating above doubt that he ISN’T aby good is guessing at best. We simply can’t know.

• 12 SUTTY1978 // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Belfast, of course you are right, not sure why job is questioning it. Most recent example is Benteke, £27m upfront, extra £5m based on appearances. Happens all the time

• 13 SUTTY1978 // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Spoof, you have to be a pretty shite midfielder if you can’t force your way past Anita & Colback!

• 14 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:09 PM

I concur with Belfasts option B: in post 1

I don’t understand why anyone is scratching their heads at Saviet “not being given a chance” – it’s clearly not the case. All that training week in, week out has evidently shown he ain’t nee use.

• 15 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:10 PM

And Joe Allen

The Liverpool Echo claim that Liverpool will received an initial £11million up front from Mark Hughes’ team with a further £2million in add-ons depending on appearances.

• 16 Essex Geordie Bill // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:10 PM

I don’t see what the LPool fans are moaning about, surely an invisible man is an asset on the pitch.

“Sturridge flicks the ball inside too, nobody, and he scores.

• 17 Essex Geordie Bill // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM

If Rafa is really intent on us winning cups then don’t be surprised if he puts his first choice team out rather than fringe players.

• 18 Jail for Ashley // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:13 PM

I’d say matching Pardews loss record is a much tougher act to follow than that win one you pointed out, not many managers get a form guide that resembles the name of a Welsh train station, in fact he’s managed two Welsh train stations, in fact I think he’s overseen a network.

• 19 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Boom, boom, boom boom boom!
    Boom boom boom boom!
    Lee sucks!
    Keep it shut and do what you’re told by Rafa Lee!

• 20 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Ameobi was, by all accounts, tearing it up in training during his time here, but then rarely did anything on the pitch. I’m sure that could work both ways. A player sometimes might only produce his best during actual games.

• 21 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:16 PM

I definitely think Saivet could take Obertong’s place at the club as official vindaloo fetcher lads. He’s not useless but instead we’re loaning him oot. Who’s going to fetch the vindaloo? Somebody must have the answer…. Does somebody else have a clause in their contract? Possibly Sissy could do it while he sulks…..

• 22 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:17 PM

I’m nearly sure Thauvin had one and Marseille where due another payment after a relatively low number of games. It was either him or one of our other recent flops.

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:17 PM

I thought that was Munster walking in to the blog for a minute there!

• 24 SPRINGY // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:18 PM

i thought it was cabella

• 25 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Saivet follows our proud tradition of failed players. Such mighty names as Xisco, Obertongs, Marveaux, Vuckic, Nacho. The list goes on and on.

• 26 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:20 PM

No it’s me Jail mate. Just letting the air out of Saivet’s tyres gently. He may have to fetch the vindaloo for his new team after all…….

• 27 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:21 PM

You’re going to have to be more specific Belfast mate. Are you talking very recent flop, recent flop, or fairly recent flop @22? It’s such a huge list it gets very confusing. Graham still has some of his flops penciled into our starting lineup so let’s help him out!

• 28 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:22 PM

May well have been springy.

• 29 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Oh we’re just wild about Henri
    And he’s just wild about
    Cannot do without
    He is from the south
    Can’t you hear us shout
    Talking with wor mouths
    Could you ever doubt
    He’s just wild about us!
    Huzzah Henri!!! Bring us a last vindaloo before you go mate!

• 30 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Apparently Obertongs has a Bovril and biscuit payout if he plays more than 2 games for anyone in the next five seasons! 😯

• 31 SUTTY1978 // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:31 PM

I think the reason why Saivet is leaving is because he wants champions league football and that it would be beneath him to play in the championship.

• 32 Thump // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:33 PM

A bit disappointed in both tbh. SDJ especially. Nobody can deny his quality, but he must have his house done up in bubble wrap.

As for Saivet… he will remain fantastic in my FM14 save.

• 33 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:34 PM

I’m looking forward to seeing who starts against Cheltenham. I would put Mitro straight in there. Perez as well. Midfield could include Tiote if he’s fit and Colback, Try Hanley at the back with Clark. Surely Gamez is fit and can play by now? Anita is another option at fullback. It’s nice to have some choices at various positions for a change.

• 34 Jail for Ashley // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Why has the EFL cup not got a sponsor this year?

• 35 Jib // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Of course it happens all the time.
    But 5 games !
    Get real Buster

• 36 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:37 PM

The list of failed midfielders at Newcastle in the last 10 years is staggering. We’ve gone through at least 20 flops. That is an amazing total. If I get time I’ll go back and add up their transfer fees. Then I’ll send it express mail to Ashley in a wellie with some fresh honey badger droppings.

• 37 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:38 PM

It looks on past records that our “Scouting” has been more to do with back scratching and favours than actual football. The deal with Ferreyra epitomises the mystical shenanigans behind the scenes. It was all so much clearer in days gone by when we used the science of scouting to find genuine duds like Marcelino – or in the case of players like Geremi, the science of paleontology.

• 38 Jib // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Capital One pulled out so late – after initially talking about renewing after 4 years – it was too late to get a replacement.

• 39 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Ancient fossil footballers who have played for us: Geremi (if he had been younger and had his knees replaced he would have been decent possibly?), Sol Campbell (I’ll head it with the back of me heed since I’m faced in the wrong direction), Sir Stanley Matthews (he’s still got it, he’s only 105!).

• 40 Jail for Ashley // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Thank you Jib!

• 41 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM

@13 pretty much nails the lid down tight on saivets coffin. 😐

• 42 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Ashley residence doorbell rings:
    Mike in his tatty dressing gown answers:
    “What the devil do you want?”
    “Express delivery from Canada sir. Can you sign here please?”
    “Ahhhhh, Harrumph! Very well….. What is that horrible smell?”
    “Don’t know anything about that sir. Please just sign and let me get away from here! Never mind the tip!”

• 43 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:49 PM

You lot have given up on Henri too soon! We’ll get him back at the end of the season and he’ll be twice the player we thought he was! Of course then we’ll have to try to sell him again next season….. Hmmm. Is there a nice field we could put all the useless leftovers out to pasture in? I’m not saying put them out to stud mind, that would be too good for them. Possibly they could all gather at the Ashley residence and whinge and drink his booze.

• 44 Our Toon // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Plenty of outgoings, let’s hope we have enough quality when we get injured players.

Saivet been given anytime to prove himself? Was thauvin? I’d rather have players as back up because it won’t take long for Aaron’s to break down. Perez has been a massive let…worrying times

• 45 Ron Knee // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:54 PM

If a player picks up a red card in the League Cup, how does that affect Championship appearances? Just a general question, of course!

• 46 Essex Geordie Bill // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:55 PM

So are we the Footballing knackers yard, does Ashley have a glue factory?

• 47 stephen1971 // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:55 PM

i think he,ll start a strong team, is that not why he rotates so much ? so they can handle the cup games too ? i hope he does so we can build up a confident rythem and hopefully keep marching on

• 48 G3 // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:57 PM

He won’t be missed

• 49 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Doesn’t the suspension just carry on as usual Ron mate? A straight red gets you the next 3 games suspended no matter what competition? So if you get a straight red against Cheltenham you’re out for 3 league matches?

• 50 toon kk // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:59 PM

Looks like we’re determined to reduce numbers and save on wages. Hope we strengthen correctly because we’ll struggle again once the injuries set in, and they will.

• 51 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 7:59 PM

Who is this G3 personage? This is an ominous sign indeed…..

• 52 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Ashley opening his express delivery package:
    “Yee gad, what is this? Did you order a wellie dear?”

• 53 Ron Knee // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Thank you, G2!

• 54 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Mike Ashley speaking to the board last season:
    “And in conclusion gentlemen, there can be no substitute for cheap overseas midfielders. Let that be written in stone at the club henceforth! I want at least half a dozen fresh, very inexpensive midfielders under 25 years of age delivered to the club doorstep every 12 months. Any further overspending to get top, top foreign midfielders like this Thauvin lad and this Cabella is to stop immediately!”

• 55 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:12 PM

“Hello, Newcastle United complaints department and footballer knacker yard? Can I help you?”
    “Yes, errrm I have a number of overrated midfielders recently and not so recently purchased by the club standing around in my kitchen drinking my booze. Who sent them down here exactly?”
    “Who is this I’m speaking with please?”
    “This is Mike Ashley. I’m very upset about this whole assembly in my kitchen. Send someone to take this lot away immediately!”

• 56 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:27 PM

Is anybody willing to have speakings with me?

• 57 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:28 PM

You lot are still out there. I can hear you snickering quietly, looking at your phones….

• 58 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:38 PM

Well one of us might be here G2

• 59 beermonkey // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:38 PM

u lonely

• 60 BandB // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:39 PM

Hello G2.

You are a wonder, do you know that?
    A Tony Hancock playing a Chubby brown audience.
    Good on ya x

• 61 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Mitrovic said he ley Gayle have the number 9 shirt as he did not want to cause a rift in the club.

• 62 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Put down that pepperoni pizza and join us Tsunki. There are at least 3 of us on here having a wonderful time! Just shooting the bull as we say over here, but it’s top, top bull!

• 63 G3 // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Need some Belgian Midget strikers in

• 64 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Good to hear from you BandB lass. Ta and all that. I’m just trying to raise the excitement level. We need that. Rafa is counting on us.

• 65 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:43 PM

our under 23s getting beat 3-1 of the hammers.

• 66 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:44 PM

By God you’re right G3! Belgian midget strikers! Huzzah! Why didn’t I think of that? It just so happens I know some…..

• 67 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:45 PM

Get out yer noise makers! This is where it begins. The first of many cup runs under Rafa! Long may he reign!

• 68 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:48 PM

it will be nice to win a cup game and move a round closer, maybe that’s why Mike has gone into hiding, he should get his legal boys looking for a buyer, EFL Cup here we come!

• 69 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:50 PM

Give me an R!
    Give me an A!
    Give me an F!
    Give me another A!
    What do you get?
    Cup Run! Cup Run!

• 70 BandB // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:50 PM

I’m not convinced that any team we put out will dispense of Cheltenham.
    There are teams we could put out that couldn’t be relied on to beat Jarrow Roofing.

• 71 BandB // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:52 PM

No disrespect to the Jarrer lads, like.

• 72 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Ah well, Martinez scored twice for the hammers the first a pen, Brown got the other one, Heardman got our goal, but as usual Beardo’s team are well beaten.

• 73 BandB // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Dispense of?

• 74 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:53 PM

My cups runneth over! (It’s something Jayne Mansfield used to say) but I’m using it here as a good omen! Huzzah!!!!

• 75 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:54 PM

I think that comment was clearly Roofist. An email to Ed is being spun off right now….ill have someone barred out before the cokc crows three times..

• 76 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:55 PM

No, this is our season to shine BandB! We will soundly thrash the evil Cheltenham! I’m seeing something like a 1-0 thrashing while barely breaking a sweat!

• 77 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:57 PM

I think rafa requires a winning mentality over Charnleys energy saving light bulb of sacrificing cups. Just my personal view of course, but I think he’ll put a team out with a game winning bench at least.

• 78 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:57 PM

I agree, but the team is still in the making, and poor at time, however I feel a corner has been turned, and we have enough about us to see of the challenge from Cheltenham.

Hope I am not eating my words tomorrow. I will predict a 3-0 win for the Toon!

• 79 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 8:58 PM

We may win nil-nil and then draw on pens. Then score another when they miss. More or less. Too exciting to miss. For £15 I might mosey on up and take it in. See what the lie of the land with our ghost contingent is. 🙂

• 80 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:01 PM

I’m sure I knew someone called Rufus From Jarra. I think he was big in Central Heaton. Might be mistaken though.

• 81 BandB // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:01 PM

I think Peter is strongly of the conviction that you learn more from defeats than victories.
    In which case he and his charges must be getting very learned indeed.

• 82 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:02 PM

I may have mentioned this before but all this material is open source and copyright free. Don’t be ripped off by G2’s exorbitant prices!

• 83 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:06 PM

It is baffling how Beardo continues to squeeze juice out of the wizzened lemon that was
    his playing career to hold on to that academy job. With all due respect to the great man, if there’s a reliable source to be pointed at for the losing mentality engendered in our young prospects it has to be him and his team.

• 84 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Aye, I have to agree, by the time Rafa gets them they require at least 3 months mental re-training to drill it into them that they are allowed to win.

• 85 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:10 PM

I’m not lonely now beermonkey mate. Look at all these people on here having speakings with me!

• 86 BandB // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:11 PM

No-one ever eats their own words with better grace than you.

• 87 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:12 PM

I think it was the posting of the welly that brought us all back.

• 88 Rotonda heights // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:12 PM

i think we are only trying to dispense with perennial sick notes, sulkers or carr’s ever growing list of failures, even if it’s just getting them off wages.

• 89 SUTTY1978 // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Looks like Mbabu will be in the team tomorrow night as he wasn’t in the U23’s.

• 90 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:13 PM

I deny everything mates! My fees are reasonable. Where else can you get this kind of exposure to humour? And for only 7 euros a month you get my personal newsletter Blog Droppings! Sign up now!!!

• 91 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:13 PM

I know I know, I’ve mentioned this before, but while we are rejoicing at the clubs purchase of a family railcard to ease the passing of our deadwood / wantaways, has anyone taken a calculated guess at the wage savings our “transfer activity”, (or “player culling”) has come to up to now? Apart from the superficial £4m in fee activity of course. Unless some pretty rare deals are made this week, this “rationalisation” of wage expense has a decidedly familiar aroma.

• 92 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:15 PM

I concur with my friend Tsunki. What is the secret of the Beardo? How does he keep collecting a pay packet for generating dross at the junior level? Rafa have a peek into that situation will you?

• 93 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Thank you, very nice of you to say so, and that reminds me, need to buy more salt tomorrow.

May I also add, that I am glad you are back as I do like your posts, they are both witty and informative.

• 94 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:18 PM

Armstrong – Ipswich.

You heard it here first.

• 95 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:18 PM

Last time I saw The Magnificent Pedro he was in a Marylebone convenience store at 9pm following an away do with the kids to Charlton or was it Palace dunno don’t care. Still dressed in trackies. Probably getting a handful of lotto tickets, and some haribo and illicit booze for his delinquent charges.

• 96 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Former Bundesliga striker Jan Age Fjortoft says that Wolfsburg striker Bas Dost, who has been linked with Aston Villa and Newcastle United, could be on his way to England.

Dost has been mooted as potentially leaving the Volkswagen Arena this summer, speculation which only moved up a notch following the Wolves’ capture of Mario Gomez from Fiorentina.

The Netherlands international has been linked with two clubs relegated from the Premier League last season in the shape of Aston Villa and Newcastle.

And Fjortoft hinted he expects Dost to continue his career in England soon.

• 97 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:21 PM

I’m sensing growing positivity on here. It’s partly the ion spray dispenser I’m using during all Blog activities. Tsunki is especially sensitive to such things. He understands The Beardo. What makes him tick. Why he’s still wearing trainers from his playing days. Where he gets that amazing hair cut of his…..

• 98 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:22 PM

Exellent reportage @96 firebug mate. Das Boot, Das Boot!

• 99 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Nobody’s cups will runneth over like our cups!!!! And possibly we’re getting Das Boot in shortly!!!! Huzzah!!!

• 100 trimac // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder 6m6 minutes ago

Hearing that Bas Dost HAS indeed started talks with #nufc over a possible move to St James’ Park. #wolfsburg
    0 retweets 0 likes

• 101 Tsunki // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Is that a guess Belfast?

• 102 mindshaft // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:26 PM

I’m not sure how people are voting for motm – surely they can’t be basing it on the 2 minute highlights shown – Gayle didn’t fo that much other than the goal and 2nd half shot.
    Mbemba worked his socks off as did Anita

• 103 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:27 PM

Well if it comes down to a straight choice between us and Villa I think we will get Bas Dost.

• 104 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:28 PM

I am saucer Tsunki.

Mick McCarthy and his able deputy at the u23 game – putting two and two together.

And probably getting five.

• 105 Spoof // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Bas Dost, a mere midget at 6ft 5″, long ball here we come !!

• 106 firebug666 // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:30 PM

I only had the radio commentary to go on, but based on what was being described I gave Gouffran my vote, he made some vital tackles and run his socks off all game, bringing the ball out of defence when he could.

• 107 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:31 PM

I’m having Tsunki collect Das Boot in person at the airport, serving a light lunch with Champagne on the drive in and then arranging the evening’s entertainment. We love Das!!!

• 108 Spoof // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:32 PM

As with so maqny all I had was the radio and as a result I gave it to Mbemba !

• 109 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:33 PM

You are saucer Belfast mate? Is that the famous poet Geoffery Saucer?

• 110 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Lee Ryder has probably nicked that off the former boro player and added his own spin.

• 111 BandB // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Nevertheless Belfast, a bit of deduction is often more accurate than the press release.
    As Ian would say.

• 112 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Red saucer but occasionally brown saucer G2.

• 113 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:39 PM

A few tidy tidbits from this month’s Blog Dropping to make you drool and part with your cash:
    Is Rafa the real Spanish Fly? The answer is here for only 7 euros.
    Why Beardo? Is he Ashley’s real romance at the Toon?
    Lee Charnley. A pillock at work.
    Read it and weep English press!

• 114 Belfast // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:39 PM

Yer right Buster! 🙂

• 115 GeordieTwo // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Off to buy a printing press now for Blog Droppings. Expecting a huge increase in my circulation! Incredible savings to be had getting in early mates!

• 116 BandB // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:46 PM

I missed the start of the Buster thing.
    Would I be right in thinking it’s a verbal anachronism an impressionable underling might have picked growing up in a no-nonsense National Service type of family?

• 117 stuart no9 // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:56 PM

he dont even look like a footballer , more like a doorman you see down the bigg market

• 118 Our Toon // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:58 PM

I didn’t vote because I didn’t see the whole game, if I vote on something I didn’t see then I’d feel like those who voted Perez or shelvey….because they like the player!!

• 119 Jib // Aug 22, 2016 at 10:14 PM

• 120 Jib // Aug 22, 2016 at 10:15 PM

• 121 cyprus // Aug 22, 2016 at 10:20 PM

I gave my vote to Perez on the strength of that flicked goal. Ok it was a couple games back but you must admit it was class.

• 122 SUTTY1978 // Aug 22, 2016 at 10:20 PM

Bas Dost would kind of confirm that Carr is still picking the players wouldn’t it?

• 123 geordie157 // Aug 22, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Haller or Dost possibly then, still would prefer Assombalonga though.

James Mccarthy has been linked, can’t see any truth in that one.

• 124 BandB // Aug 22, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Absolutely not.
    Rafa tried hard to sign Bas Dost several times.
    Rafa’s the Gaffa.
    It’s just a spooky coincidence that he’s doing things the way the old regime did things.
    Probably just proves how sound the whole system was all along.

• 125 cyprus // Aug 22, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Someone likes shelvey?!

• 126 Spoof // Aug 22, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Dost is a handful and he always scores goals, Haller is possibly a better all round striker so either would do for me, McCarthy I can see coming as we are short of attacking central midfielders and he may not be in Koemans plans at Everton.

• 127 welshgeordie9 // Aug 22, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Not a football related but do any of read books, I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can’t put it down.

• 128 BandB // Aug 22, 2016 at 10:40 PM

I am really struggling to grasp what’s going on in the heads of people blindly turning all experience and probability on its head in search of the Nirvana of a “positive.” outcome.
    This has been a lift plummeting downwards at increasing speed for several years, filled with Wonga wearing nitwits saying: “Feeling positive lads. Onward and upwards, eh?”

previous post: Our Man Of The Match Could Become A Star Very Quickly