The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Darlow, Sterry, Aarons, Hanley, Gamez and Mitrovic All Start

6:47 pm, Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 136 Comments

nufc-emblemCheltenham_Town_FC_logo

Rafa Benitez had just announced his team for the second round EFL tie tonight at St. James’ Park against League Two club Cheltenham Town and Karl Darlow and Jesus Gamez get their first run-outs for Newcastle this season.

Newcastle (4-2-3-1): Karl Darlow; Jamie Sterry, Jamaal Lascelles, Grant Hanley, Jesus Gamez; Jonjo Shelvey, Jack Colback; Rolando Aarons, Mohamed Diame, Ayoze Perez; Aleksandar Mitrovic
Substitutes: Matz Sels, Paul Dummett, Chancel Mbemba, Vurnon Anita, Isaac Hayden, Yoan Gouffran, Dwight Gayle

Gamez starts at left-back so we’ll be able to get a first look at the player and it’s good to see Karl Darlow get a chance – he was great for us in the last eight games of last season after Rob Elliot was injured.

Scottish International Grant Hanley also gets a start alongside captain Jamaal Lascelles in central defense and Mitro is back up front with Dwight Gayle taking a rest on the bench.

The two holding midfielders are Jonjo Shelvey and local lad Jack Colback and the two wingers are Ayzoe Perez and Rolando Aarons.

Powerhouse Mohamed Diame starts in the number 10 slot behind Mitro and it gives him a chance to get fitter.

We would expect him to play maybe around an hour tonight, since he’s likely to start against Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday.

A massive 92% think we will win this game tonight, but we cannot be complacent and we certainly cannot take anything for granted – we have to win this match tonight.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Cheltenham?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Championship · Match Preview · Newcastle News · Other News · Poll

136 responses so far ↓

• 1 SUTTY1978 // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Repost

53SUTTY1978 // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Just looked up some of Yedlins stats. His passing % is horrible 66% for a full back is woeful. I remember Santon used to average about 90 in most games. Also he has basically 1 assist in the last 2 years, so not much cop going forward. All well and good that he’s quick but so was Obertan and he was fleck in useless.
    Can’t understand why we keep buying right sided players when the problem we have had for years (since Enrique + Jonas) is clearly the left hand side. We can’t go forward down the left and we also get ripped apart down the left. Just bloody bizarre

• 2 SPRINGY // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:49 PM

sutty
    just replacing janmaat,see what he has to offer.

• 3 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Much stronger than I expected.

• 4 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Yedlin – nice to have a genuine speedster in the squad, however I can’t say I’m overjoyed we’ve allocated £5m to a position we don’t need.

Hopefully Rafa can coach him into being an effective attacking full-back, because he has the athleticism, just a question of overall ability given his complete lack of impact at Spurs..

Feel like we’re going to be let down on the winger front and LB seems like we’re going to go with Dummet/Gamez/Clark

• 5 Jib // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Has anyone mentioned Rob Elliot has a new contract ?

• 6 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Only 10 men in your starting lineup Ed?

• 7 Thump // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Stats aren’t everything Sutty. Wijnaldum was one of our top players according to stats last season. As long as he’s giving it a good go of it, I’m okay.

Not to say that I’m particularly fussed about him. I think £5m is daft money for him.

• 8 geordie157 // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Strong line up, good bench so no excuses tonight.

• 9 Colos love child // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM

link anyone audio or visual will do

• 10 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Strong team but Rafa loves cups so I wasnt expecting anything less

Big win tonight hopefully then get some signing in for the much bigger game coming up

• 11 SUTTY1978 // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:53 PM

So Perez on the left and Aarons on the right according to official team sheet. Seems a bit counter intuitive when playing Mitro up top.
    Decent team though, I do worry about being dominated by their midfield as we have Colback playing

• 12 manxpie // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:53 PM

decent team was expecting alot weaker tbh
    on mccarthy he was shocking last season at fault for quite a few goals so hope we aren’t after him

• 13 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:54 PM

I suppose 10 men should be enough against Cheltenham…..

• 14 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Yedlin looked great in the World cup to be fair to him but has done very little since signing for Spurs but hey ho I will give him a chance and hope for the best…sadly will wave goodbye to Janmatt though so good luck to him. In a good team he will shine imo

• 15 SUTTY1978 // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:57 PM

My problem isn’t so much buying Yedlins, it’s not buying players where we desperately need them, on the left. I had the same issue when we bought Thauvin, I could see he would be our last purchase and it was a big wedge of cash wasted on someone who was
    A) crap
    B) not required in the first place.

I’ll be happy enough with Yedlins if we do solve the LH side issues before the end of the window but if we don’t then I will be resentful we have bought him.

• 16 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Glad Gamez is going to get his 1st competitive match under his belt. Hopefully put in a performance that demonstrates how hapless on the ball those that have played there so far this season are.

• 17 Munster Mag // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Hail i wudnt write off a winger yet. Rafa is ambitious and will demand players. We needa left winger unless aarons develops fast but i think he will get injured anyway.

• 18 SUTTY1978 // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:58 PM

For me at RB
    Anita>Janmaat>Yedlin

• 19 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Sutty I think Yedlin had 7 assists in 31 appearances for Sunderland mate. I’m not convinced about him either but at least he adds a lot of pace.

• 20 SPRINGY // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:00 PM

sutty
    agree we need to get players in for our weaker positions but got to be the right players,and the the right players are few and far between at the right money…think thats why getting these players in is taking so long.

• 21 Munster Mag // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:00 PM

I think rafa wants full backs whocan defend, ahead of attack. Both yedlin and gamez are defenders first and foremost. That means he HAS to get the wings sorted

• 22 mattyNUFC // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Have to say I’ve had big hopes for Yedlin and I feel like if anything he’s regressed from what made him excel initially

The lead up to the 2014 World Cup was exciting. He was quick and unpredictable. Since his move to England he seems scared to get forward, which, for a defender who is a sub par defender to begin with, doesn’t leave a lot to look forward to

I really wanted him here when he was still in Seattle. Really not sure why we’re spending 5m on him at this point

• 23 Munster Mag // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:02 PM

7 assists is ok for a fullback i wud think?

• 24 Rafa Revolution // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:02 PM

TBF Yedlin will be working under his first decent manager, Allardyce is a carp manager

• 25 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Munster
    I think u and I have watched different Yedlins mate

• 26 Jib // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Rafa clearly think Colback is enough in front of the defense and thinks a diamond 4-1-2-1-2 will work against inferior opposition.
    With a few players looking to claim a first team spot there could be fireworks tonight

• 27 JamesToon // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:03 PM

G2 are you sure about that?? I read he only had 1 assist

• 28 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:04 PM

I wouldn’t even put Allardyce in charge of carp Rafa mate. Carp need a lot of leadership as they aren’t very bright…..

• 29 DeanToon88 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:04 PM

any links lads?

• 30 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:05 PM

I looked it up JamesToon mate but it could be wrong. Take it with a grain of salt.

• 31 Jail for Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:05 PM

SUTTY,
    Are you honestly worried about being dominated by Cheltenham’s midfield, pray do tell, what do you know about this frightening midfield from the league one minnows?

• 32 Toonces // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:05 PM

I live in Florida and saw the US National play here a couple years ago and Yedlin was on the pitch. As mentioned Yedlin is very fast and it stands out. Other than that I have only seen him on TV. IIRC during the first game away to Sunderland last season, Mitro had a great chance inside the 18 yard box against the Mackems. He faked his shot as a Scum defender dove past trying to block the shot. That was Yedlin. Mitro held up, watched Yedlin slide by and then of course promptly fired right into the keeper’s chest. But in the couple other games that I saw on tv, Yedlin does have a penchant to leave his feet and slide. I think he did this less towards the end of the season. Maybe Allardyce’s influence and I expect Rafa can help coach him to play at his strengths.

• 33 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Yedlin got 1 assist for Dunderland.

• 34 Munster Mag // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:05 PM

So if yedlin is crap, does that mean rafa is so-so in transfer work? Ie sels,clark, yedlin, hanly. Id say yedlin will be fine.same too hanly. Diame and hayden will be brill. Diame is a beast.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM

pray tell!

• 36 mad-serb // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM

GeordieTwo

You must be feeling a bit better now mate, you seem have calmed down a bit. Any chance that Gamez is playing tonight changed that mood 🙂

• 37 Rafa Revolution // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Yedlin is a decent player

G2 Predictive text mate lol

• 38 NUFCmagpie // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM

I don’t post on here at all but I’m from Seattle and have watched Yedlin play since he first appeared for the Sounders. Moving to Spurs from Seattle was a mistake for him and many people here guessed correctly that it wouldn’t work out. I think spending a year in the Championship will teach him a great deal and help him become better. I’m admittedly biased but I think this is a fantastic signing. Rafa can get the best out of him

• 39 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:13 PM

NUFCmagpie
    Hope so mate, I remember hoping we’d sign him instead of Spurs yet now I am not fussed by his signing…how times change eh haha

• 40 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Aye, I’ve calmed down a bit now mad-serb mate. I’m waiting to see what Gamez produces on the pitch though. This should be simple stuff for him against this type of opposition. I would expect his class to stand out. This lineup should take care of Cheltenham easily but I’ve been fooled before.

• 41 Jail for Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:15 PM

NUFCmagpie,
    Cheers for that!

• 42 Jail for Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:16 PM

mad serb,
    Tell your compatriot Gorgonzola, je bemte o glavo, not yours, his 😀

• 43 Rafa Revolution // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Any links to game?

• 44 toontaff2 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Beware of Jib’s streaming links – just got two Albanians asking for my credit card and passport details and a Nigerian asking for cash and offering marriage!

• 45 JamesToon // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Would love to see us go for Rudy Gestede, 6ft 4 big target man which is what we need, I reckon he’d be interested, problem is Villa’s deluded d***head of an owner probably won’t sell him. Get him, Judge and Yedlin in then I think business should be done, providing only Janmaat, Sissoko, Riviere leave

• 46 Jail for Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:19 PM

toontaff2,
    They’ll all have been Jib via one of his VPN accounts

• 47 GeordieAnt // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Here’s a radio link for anyone wanting one:

• 48 cestriasteve // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Gamez, he is an absolute heap!!! Trust me he will never play for NUFC on a consistent basis.

• 49 Rafa Revolution // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Ty GeordieAnt

• 50 CSC92 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Just swapped a 6ft 1 bloke for a 5ft 8 one in Janmaat and Yedlin.. Got to be one of the smallest teams in that league now

• 51 Lindisfarne // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:22 PM

4 – 1 – 4 – 1 formation, Cheltenham will be camped in their own third and we will have to find a way through.

• 52 Ron Knee // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:23 PM

So is Janmaat going to Watford or WHam?

• 53 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:23 PM

James
    Would u sell Mitro to Villa?

• 54 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Ron
    West Ham I reckon and he will do very well there imo

• 55 geordie157 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Achraf Lazaar from Palermo is being linked, left back/left winger, never heard of him.

Any good?

• 56 Ron Knee // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:28 PM

WW

Still time for Klopp to make a late bid?

• 57 JamesToon // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:30 PM

WWS
    Nope I wouldn’t sell Mitro, but Gestede isn’t regarded in the same manner as Mitro at villa

• 58 mad-serb // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Jail for Ashley

I am not really Serbian, I am South African by berth, I just love Mitro and his passion. But my fiancée is Macedonian and speaks all the languages and she explained to me what it means 😉 And its actually not Serbian that its Slovak 🙂

As for Gorgonzola don’t know who he is but I guess not your best mate 😉

• 59 cestriasteve // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:31 PM

RE: Rob Elliottt new contract, I heard this yesterday, apparently he will be 1st choice keeper when fit. Krull away in the next window, the club are saying Krull is fit but it’s widely known he is 3 months away from full fitness.

• 60 JamesToon // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Lee Ryder: Janmaat on the brink of £10m move to watford.

Good business

• 61 Jail for Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:33 PM

mad-seb from South Africa,
    I assure you it is Croat-Serb but maybe my spelling is off, Macedonia is Greek anyway :o, Gorgonzola is alright he just laughs when we lose is all!

• 62 santon3 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:33 PM

I don’t understand why they never show games at St. James Park but they show games at lesser stadiums and teams like leeds, blackburn, etc.

• 63 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Ron
    Haha 50 mill for him and Sissoko?

James
    Both target men who struggled to score goals last season but more to the point why would u expect Villa to sell us their target man when they intend to rival us for promotion?

• 64 Jail for Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:34 PM

I hope Jaanmatt has left for footballing reasons, another tw@t who got deliberately sent off, just one more to go and that’s the bad apples gone from the dressing room

• 65 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:34 PM

I pray the Elliott new contract is just a rumour

• 66 Ron Knee // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:35 PM

WW

Done!

• 67 cestriasteve // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:37 PM

WWSBRD,

Elliott, 4 year extension

• 68 SPRINGY // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:37 PM

shields gazette saying janmaat to west ham for 11m and chronicle saying 10m to watford……only one way to sort this out……..fight!!!!!!!lol

• 69 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:37 PM

I’ve got that radio link up now GeordieAnt mate. Ta.

• 70 NUFCPaul // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Darlow might be in a no-win situation here as far as keeping his place in the starting eleven. If he plays crap, he gets replaced. However if he plays well it’s to be expected against Cheltenham. I really hope he is able to keep his place though. Maybe Rafa has told him he’ll be the cup game keeper and Sels is the league game keeper? It’s a possibility.

• 71 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:38 PM

cest
    Hope ur wrong and no way I believe he will be first choice ahead of Sels

• 72 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:38 PM

WWSBRD you don’t like Elliot mate? I think he’s very decent. Good shot stopper and a very decent distributor of the ball compared to Timmy.

• 73 Sir Eric // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:38 PM

wasn’t the elliott contract extension last summer? i remember reading in the season AND watching on NUFCTV him mentioning his new contract. The club just didn’t officially announce it.

• 74 Thump // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:38 PM

@Sutty (15): Completely agree, for what it’s worth. It’s very underwhelming. Looks like we’re going to be using square pegs in round holes.

@Munster Mag: I don’t think many of us expected Rafa to be a shrewd spender in the transfer market. He has a… checkered history, to say the least. What we need is for him to be able to convince the higher ups to spend money on the top few names on their lists. There again, he’s very good with youth players and rating their potential, so that’s something.

• 75 Ron Knee // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Somebody missing the point?

“Janmaat is another double your money deal for Graham Carr’s scouting network – how anyone can still doubt him beggars belief. Profits galore.”

• 76 Rafa Revolution // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Mitro should score tonight

• 77 firebug666 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Looking forward to Diame and Mitrovic tonight.

3-0 Toon win

HWTL

• 78 welshgeordie9 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Hope Gamez have a good game just to shut some people up.

• 79 Uncertain Toon // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:40 PM

GeordieAnt – Cheers for the radio link mate, nice one.

• 80 SUTTY1978 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:41 PM

Jail, last time we played a league two side was Donny Rovers in preseason. We started that game with Colback & Shelvey in midfield and got dominated and were 2-0 down before changes were made. It’s not too much of a stretch to imagine that the same will happen tonight with the same midfield pairing.
    With Hanley playing it’s likely we will bypass the midfield when we gave the ball anyway

• 81 Rafa Revolution // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:41 PM

4-0 toon

• 82 welshgeordie9 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Considering Brighton are a very good team to watch, should start with Darlow at the weekend.

• 83 cestriasteve // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:42 PM

WW, I heard a load of stuff yesterday, he’s first choice, straight back in when fit, Rafa want ALL of the disruptive elements away in this window, Krull would be off but he’s not fit. The core team are identified and inseparable, apparently this and his absolute attention to detail is amazing.

• 84 welshgeordie9 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Would love Burton Albion to beat Liverpoool, don’t think it’s going to happen though.

• 85 Uncertain Toon // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Shame Rafa can’t change the commentators!

• 86 JamesToon // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Hope mitro gets on the scoresheet tonight

• 87 jazzyp // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Yedlin in the crowd. Pretty much sums up who our next right back is going to be

• 88 mad-serb // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Jail for Ashley

Its all the same after all mate, they all speak the same language after all, just all the rakia that’s been drunk in the region the pronounce things differently as to the different affects. As for Macedonia been Greek that’s treding on thin line, as they hate each other due the the whole alexander thing. They way closer to the Croats and the Serbs.

Which brings me to the next point about Mitro. He is actually a very chill lad for where he comes from. They all insane. Been around the Balkans a lot since fiancée family lives out there Mitro does not come close to the normal guys you meet out there.

• 89 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:51 PM

G2
    Nar not at all tbh, did well last season but overall he’s not good enough for NUFC

cest
    Who u heard this from? Not sure why Sels would of signed for us unless he’s number 1

• 90 Dennis Twice // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Attack Toon attack, attack!

• 91 lesh // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Eeeh, poor Yedlin mustn’t have gettin much wages at Sperz. The poor bairn canna even ‘ford to gerris jeans patched!

• 92 Mag52 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Ron Knee.

Surely scouting for a club has to be more than simply getting in players who will be sold for a profit in a year or two’s time.
    Doesn’t the fact that the player a) is needed in the position in which he plays and b) he is likely to fit in to the system the manager prefers, have some bearing on it ?
    Unfortunately Carr, like the other employees, has been obliged to work in accordance with Ashley’s discredited model, and so, while turning a decent profit for his boss, has ended up with a bunch of footballers who got us relegated.

• 93 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Don’t be like that welshie.

• 94 GeordieAnt // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Periscope lads….dunno if it’ll be any good

• 95 Ron Knee // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Mag52

Precisely!

• 96 Tonytoon73 // Aug 23, 2016 at 7:59 PM

WWSBRD 4-0 mate for me

• 97 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Tony
    Haha 3-1 town then

• 98 Tonytoon73 // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:03 PM

WWSBRD that’s my score usually lol

• 99 Rafa Revolution // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Aarons injured again!!!

• 100 firebug666 // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Aarons crocked again la

• 101 manxpie // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM

aarons out for the season already then

• 102 SPRINGY // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM

aarons off

• 103 toon kk // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:06 PM

How we playing? Sky reporting it’s a pretty even game so far.

• 104 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Aarons injured again – surprise! That new contract not looking very wise right now.

Waste of space.

• 105 bishopmag // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:07 PM

• 106 SPRINGY // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:07 PM

toon kk
    disjointed and poor up to now,sloppy.

• 107 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Tony
    Haha where do u think I got it from

• 108 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Least this might solidify attempts to get a winger. If we didn’t before, certainly need one now.

• 109 Our Toon // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Well shock horror Aaron’s is crocked again, we don’t half big up some of these youngsters after 1 or 2 games. Perez is another who’s been utter pants since his first season.

• 110 Tonytoon73 // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:11 PM

WWSBRD from now on it’s your pick for the results ha ha

• 111 SUTTY1978 // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Harry Pell pulling the strings in midfield. Colback can’t even get to grips with league two midfielders.

• 112 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Chletenham looking more dangerous ffs.

• 113 JP...from The Rock // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Aarons the winner of the crown for Injury Prone player of the Team since De Jong left it up for grabs.

• 114 JP...from The Rock // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Oh God now Mitrovic banged on the head again! Wtf is it with us and injuries!!??

• 115 SPRINGY // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:15 PM

sounds like yet another “we just need to show up to beat these” performance again up to now.

• 116 JP...from The Rock // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Boring match so far from what I can tell. No shots from us I think.

• 117 colwell // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Poor Aarons injuries have fcuked him at this early stage of his career. He has lost alot of pace already.

Oh well at least that will make the need for a winger even more desperate now.

• 118 WWSBRD // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:16 PM

Ffs man how long will it be this time for Aarons?

• 119 firebug666 // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:16 PM

Aye it sounds like another poor performance by our lot.

• 120 jazzyp // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:17 PM

I hope Yedlin has already signed before watching this crap

• 121 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Aarons injury record is insane. And just signed up for five more years. How many matches will we get out of him in that time? Twenty? Forty? It’s ridiculous. A two or three year deal would make more sense but they’re terrified he’ll take off and become a big player.

• 122 SPRINGY // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:18 PM

firebug
    half arsed again…..need to get there fingers oot there arseholes and get on with it….ridiculous yet again.

• 123 firebug666 // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:20 PM

SPRINGY

We are just so sloppy with the ball, too many square and back passes too. Pathetic performance.

• 124 toon kk // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:21 PM

Sounds like we’re poor going off ssn. Aarons should pack up, to much of a light weight.
    I thought Perez would shine in the championship but to light weight too.

• 125 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:21 PM

No chance Aarons will ever become a top player. Be lucky to make a career in a top tier league.

Probably retire early due to injuries.

Very Dyer-esque, although Dyer’s injuries mounted after he actually did a little something in the game.

• 126 manxpie // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:22 PM

mitro off now bloody hell

• 127 GeordieTwo // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:22 PM

This sounds like a horrible match. Mitro off with potential concussion now? Unbelievable.

• 128 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Mitro now off. Sigh.

Played too many 1st teamers. Should have been plenty of U-21s and fringe players starting.

• 129 Munster Mag // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Oh FFS we seem shite again, we still need a fast powerful striker ( surely there is some bloke in the lower leagues??) and DEFFO a left winger now.

• 130 Munster Mag // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Let me guess, Aarons thigh?

• 131 JP...from The Rock // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Bloody hell I am falling asleep listening to the match Zzzzzzzzz….

• 132 NUFCmagpie // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Get in!!

• 133 Magtoonpie // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:32 PM

First of many for Perez this season!

• 134 JP...from The Rock // Aug 23, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Good goal by Perez. If any of you don’t know the goals pop up live on SkySportsNews. Why they don’t offer to show the match in a pay per view system is beyond me if they can show the goals instantly. Anyhow 1-0 to the Toon HWTL!

Half time

• 135 JP...from The Rock // Aug 23, 2016 at 9:04 PM

Fcuk me now Gayle off injured!?

• 136 geordie157 // Aug 23, 2016 at 9:24 PM

Aarons is injured more than De Jong!

Any news on the Gayle injury?

At this rate we best keep Armstrong and get Dost, Haller and Assombalonga