Newcastle Fans React On Twitter To Yedlin Signing

Newcastle fans have taken to Twitter on the news that 23 year-old Seattle-born DeAndre Yedlin is the 9th new signing for Newcastle United this summer.

Daryl Janmaat left earlier today for Watford and Rafa Benitez certainly doesn’t mess around.

• Fostino

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:54 PM

I remember watching Yedlin play few years ago at the world cup for USA. He was awesome. Was raging spurs signed him that summer then. Must admit I stopped following his career then but reports says he’s improved as a player since then so I’m very optimistic

• Belfast

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:58 PM

That was a terrible joke Jamie

• lochinvar

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Spurs fans rated him ” faster than Usain Bolt” so the key to his signing is pace .
    Rafa has a plan, an attacking plan.
    Think he might even make the bench for Saturday.

Dummett picked for Welsh squad so two Internationalists at once….

• Shadow_Shearer

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:03 PM

My understanding is rafa doesn’t like to push his full backs forward. I’m sure this kid will do well. He looks rapid. Imagine another teams trying to counter down his side. He will catch them nearly ever time

• WWSBRD

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:04 PM

Fostino
    He’s not improved too much from what I’ve seen since the Workd Cup but hopefully he will impress for us, he will face the same issues Janmatt did though being very attacking anod not so well defensively

• Fostino

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Sels

Anita mbemba lascalles jesus

Ritchie diame hayden shelvey perez

Gayle

Vs

Darlow

Yedlin hanley clark dummett

Goofy Colback tiote Arrons

Mitro armstrong

We are seriously short an St and winger

• Mr Funk

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Whats happened to Alan Judge?

Locked in a hotel room with Barnetta!

• Readingmag

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:26 PM

B %&B asked

So Robson-Kanu? Anyone know what’s happening with him? I like what I’ve seen of him.

Answer – DONT TOUCH HIM,. average player…Yes He scored that goal, not well thought of at Reading, and an odd ball as a person

• giimps

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:26 PM

Yeah, Craig Coozy has the key at the Jesmond Dene hotel

• WWSBRD

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:28 PM

I imagine Judges hold up could be medical related considering his leg break and issues surrounding that

• Our Toon

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Does this now mean more US sports channels will show toon games, meaning those of us here can stream games easier?

I’m well happy with this signing, young lad that can still grow, has pace to burn which is just what we need

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:35 PM

Welcome to Yedlin and goodbye to Janmaat. Youth and pace coming in but defensively? Any better than Janmaat? I’ll have to wait and see. Still the pace is nice. Still worried about the left side though although possibly Gamez is going to actually play there? Where does that leave Anita? It’s exciting to see the club transformed though!

• Our Toon

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Robson Kanu had offers from China but turned them down as he wants to play in the premier league, I’d stay well clear of him the lad is pants.

Fostino – interesting line ups mate, shows competition for places but it also highlights the weaknesses in creativity, a strong DM and wingers. More so than a forward!!

• Blackley and Brownlie

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Reading
    Leaving aside that goal (he’ll never score another as good) his general play was very good. I don’t know about his attitude.

It’s all about winning mentality for me. The determination to make the vital difference in a game. The full blooded commitment. Too many players wear the shirt like any other. It’s just a job to them. They turn up, do their little bit, jump in their flash cars, drive home, out in a taxi down the town.

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:43 PM

I’m getting seriously excited about my new venture Blog Droppings. It’s got all the hallmarks of the next Manly Men Inc. I read what you lot are thinking aboot on here then I formulate nice turns of phrase around that and sell it back to you in newsletter form for only7 euros a month! Beautiful!

• Our Toon

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:43 PM

Blackley

It’s a classic case of a player performing in the euros, Robson Kanu had nothing to lose, he had no club and put himself in the shop window…..much like sissoko did and many others before them.

• Tsunki

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Pat absolutely spot on there couldn’t agree more with whatever you say next

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Is this lad Judge still in a cast and on crutches? Even so he may be better than some of the MF we’ve brought in in the past few years. Can he start against Brighton?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Nobody has an opinion on Krul going?

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:48 PM

Rafa:
    Bring back that lovin’ feelin’
    Whoa, that lovin’ feelin’
    Bring back that lovin’ feelin’
    ‘Cause it’s gone…gone…gone
    And I can’t go on, woah
    You’re doing it Rafa, you little Spanish fly you!

• Tsunki

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:50 PM

A strange one with Krul. Having spent so long out he come under the uber-critical scrutiny of a few bloggers who decided to forget his best bits and highlight the worst. Me included I’ll admit, I focused on his lack of ability to play from the back, maybe not his fault (dodgy tactics) but his distribution was lacking, and his kicks were too high and looping. As a shot stopping goalie though, he will be a miss. He was still our best. I think he just didn’t fancy his career with a championship campaign to come back to. Nice bloke though

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Disappointed to lose Janmaat, but this is an ok replacement. We need to get rid of Dummett and Colback and replace them plus sign two wingers, a playmaker and 2 strikers

• Shadow_Shearer

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Any updates on aarons injury???????

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Hoy Tsunki mate. You’re trending on here. Why not be the first to subscribe to Blog Droppings? It’s got everything you need in a filthy lying rag. It’s got top, top rumours, enormous headlines, millions of chest hair adverts. Come on Tsunki.

• Fostino

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Out with the french and Dutch. In with the irish, Scottish, English and now American.

• Tsunki

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:54 PM

I’ll wait for the reviews G2. Besides I make up most of the crap myself. I should be getting royalties 🙂

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:55 PM

To see Krul go back to Holland is very sad Blackley mate. Packing up all his really thin socks. Staring oot at the ground he has played so many matches on. Wondering if he’ll ever be back. Playing for so many pillocks over the years. Now it’s got me going as well sob!

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:56 PM

You just can’t make up for skinny feet Tsunki. It ruined his distribution. A crying shame. He had many wonderful games for us.

• Readingmag

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:59 PM

B & B

Hes not for us …attitude, not a team player.

think Sissoko then half it. the half it again.

Put it this way, there was no leaving presentation when He left. Glad When He left

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Well here are the first reviews on this side of the Big Pond Tsunki to help you make up your mind:
    “It’s absolutely vile. Where does he get those rumours? Is he completely mad?” The Boston Herald
    “For the first time in my life I realized how horrible it is to read clearly fictional accounts of a fabulous football club and its supporters. Does the author have no shame whatsoever? I’m disgusted.” Seattle Post Examiner.
    If you need more Tsunki I’ll send them right along.

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:03 PM

So just 7 more incoming Kets? Hmmmm. That won’t cost much then. Unless you count Yedlin as one, then it’s only 6. Not likely. Two more at most.

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Are you talking aboot Timmy Readingmag? That seems a little harsh. He stuck with us through one relegation already. He stuck with us through pinheads like Joe Kinnear, Johnny C., and Monsieur Steve McMuffin. He was a fine keeper for us. He deserves many thanks.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Always a big fan of Krul, been here forever, adopted Geordie and not a bad keeper as well. Then one early Sunday afternoon we’re getting beat off the mackems, he’s seen walking down the tunnel at half time, not screaming and shouting and with a face like thunder but laughing and joking with the guy who’d just condemned us to what was going to be our fifth defeat in a row off our lowly rivals. From that day on I’ve never really thought that much of him.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Don’t rate Krul. It looks as if Rafa doesn’t either.

The ground for optimism is the two clean sheets. We have the makings of a good defence with Janmaat, Colo and Taylor gone.

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Krul’s play did drop off in the last couple of seasons. I was surprised he wanted to stay during the first relegation. He has huge hands and great size for a keeper. A shame about the tunnel event. Not clear if that means he wasn’t a decent keeper for us though. Fifteen clean sheets in 2012 season. I remember a lot of very decent games.

• Readingmag

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Gerald Geordie two

What ‘Timmy’Reading Mag….what you on about…

It was a complement to Sissoko…engaged it yet.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:20 PM

From much earlier,
    BandB,
    Two things, you say that I’m only posting to moan about moaners, I think I post on a wide range of topics and not just moaning. Admittedly I have been moaning about Munsters moaning because I think it’s been way over the top and not all the time called for (Rafa said he was quick) (another Rafa signing) (Rafa’s not exactly pulled any trees up). But you said that after I’d responded to ToF, he’d basically come out and said that Rafa was a yes man, model employee as in he’s doing what he’s been told and is pretty much just in it for the money, how am I moaning about moaning by disagreeing with that, wholeheartedly disagreeing with that in fact. I have not been able to like anything about the club for the last seven years and now I want to believe in them again because of the appointment of Rafa Benitez, I am not going to start griping about Ashley screwing him over until he actually does.
    As for your second point about Rafa steering the ship until a better owner comes in, that I find much more palatable.

• welshgeordie9

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Where’s out frigging forward and winger.

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:22 PM

I’ll have you lot drooling over Blog Droppings in no time. Off for a bit. Got to get the creative juices simmering.

• Ketsbaia9