The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Get Wolves At Home In 3rd Round Of EFL Cup

10:28 pm, Wednesday, August 24th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 22 Comments

Newcastle will face Wolves at home in the third round of the EFL (League) Cup after the draw was made tonight.

Sunderland are at QPR after they beat Shrewsbury tonight with a late 83rd goal from Januzaj.

Third round ties will be played the week of September 19th.

EFL logo

It’s a winnable game for Newcastle and that would take us into the last 16.

Here is the draw in full.

Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal
Leicester City vs Chelsea

Tags: EFL · EFL Cup · League Cup · Newcastle News

22 responses so far ↓

• 1 GeordieTwo // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:29 PM

Home to Wolves. Nice….

• 2 kilcline // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:29 PM

Good draw, they are tin pot.

• 3 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:29 PM

Welsh

Thats a kick in the stots for swans 😮

• 4 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:30 PM

Home to Wolves is a good draw. They are no where near the side that put us out of the fa cup a while back.

• 5 GeordieTwo // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:35 PM

After the hammering we gave Cheltenham I’m looking for a 1-0 here. Beautiful…..

• 6 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Nasty tackle by the accy player in the first half, like. I agree with the pundits and manager that it should have been red.

• 7 GeordieTwo // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Markaccus what are you up to these days? Anything we should know aboot? New hair stylings? Disco boots? That’s the way I’m going these days. I look good I must say…..

• 8 Thump // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Solid draw. Might grab a ticket if I didn’t think two home draws in a row is unusually good luck for us in the cups!

• 9 GeordieTwo // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Too bad about Aarons. That lad must be having a hard time keeping his pecker up after all these injuries. 🙁

• 10 GeordieTwo // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Injured foot this time. Possibly a broken bone in there. Rafa sounds a bit frustrated about him.

• 11 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:39 PM

G2

Not much mate. I had to sell my Flan-hurling business due to contaminated sponge bases. I am suing.

• 12 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:40 PM

Keeping his pecker up is about all he can do while he is injured.

• 13 BandB // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:43 PM

Ed,

Given the blog’s record of sometimes intemperate behaviour, I was wondering whether the invitation above to “kick things off” was not unduly provocative, especially to those inured to imbibing in The Jungle in North Shields.
    Could it be reworded to “get things gently underway?” or somesuch.
    Just thinking of you….

• 14 GeordieTwo // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:43 PM

That’s a shame about the flan-hurling Markaccus mate. I’m trying all-weather pecker pivoting right now and it’s going well. Hardly any pain after a few days of ointment and steam baths.

• 15 welshgeordie9 // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Latest player we are being linked with, Romain Alessandrini of Marseille, is this guy any good, never heard of him.

• 16 Novocastrian66 // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:44 PM

I reckon Wolves is a toughie.

• 17 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Right. I am off to bed. Looking forward to many signings tomorow. Night all.

• 18 GeordieTwo // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:45 PM

I’ve had personal speakings with Rafa and he’s very forthcoming. He thinks Beardo is a bit of a pain in the arse to keep around. I recommended a wellie in the mail but he graciously declined…..

• 19 GeordieTwo // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Good advice BandB mate. Intemperate behavior is the last thing we need on here. That and flan hurling……

• 20 HarriboNo9 // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:47 PM

Great draw as in recent years we have bad luck in the cup draws we always get an arsenal away or a man utd man city etc so to have a chance we always had to do it the impossible way. I feel as if luck is changing now as in the past Cheltenham could of been a slippery one but wasn’t now I’m starting to feel the consistency appearing in our play

• 21 kbjm // Aug 24, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Easy draw for Wolves

• 22 ToonInPlym // Aug 25, 2016 at 2:38 AM

Leicester Chelsea. That’ll be a good one.
    As for us, straight through?
    Can you imagine it, Rafa winning his first silverware in his first year.
    Getting way ahead of myself I know, stranger things I happened though… do I need to mention last season!

previous post: Inside St. James Park – Courtesy Of Robins TV – Video