The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Another Long Term Injury For 20 Year-Old

3:58 pm, Thursday, August 25th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 17 Comments

It’s news that we were expecting unfortunately that Rolando Aarons fractured a metatarsal in Newcastle’s 2-0 EFL Cup win over Cheltenham on Tuesday night and could be out of action for up to three months.

Aarons had a scan on his foot yesterday and George Caulkin of The Times is reporting  he suffered a break in his foot.

rolando aarons injured

That’s Rolando Aarons on the ground Tuesday night – broken foot

Rolando has had a terrible spell over the last two years and he has been out injured with a number of injuries – which were mainly hamstring related in the past.

Rolando had to be stretchered off in the first half and that’s the last we will see the England U-20 International until maybe late November.

🙁

After the game on Tuesday Rafa Benitez said the following:

“We are really pleased with the result because we won and go through.

“But we are disappointed because we have injuries, three concussions, but I don’t think they will be a problem.”

“Rolando has a problem with his foot so we have to wait to see what the doctor says. That is the most serious of the injuries.”

“We are really upset for Rolando.”

And there was bad news this morning that Dwight Gayle and Aleksandar Mitrovic cannot play on Saturday because a new FA ruling doesn’t allow players suffering a concussion to play again for six days.

Aarons has only just signed a new five year deal at Newcastle, so the youngster will be really frustrated with this injury coming so early in the season.

Tags: Fitness · Injuries · Newcastle News · Rolando Aarons

17 responses so far ↓

• 1 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Never been convinced by his talent and his injury record is terrible.

Overhyped kiddo.

• 2 Tsunki // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:02 PM

Be fair to the lad this is just an unforeseen event rather than a symptom of his resistance to injury. Trouble is he needs a good run of games to get his legwork right, he could do without any more setbacks.

• 3 magscar // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM

REPOST

Ed stop it!

magscar // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:01 PM

Spoof

It isn’t really any great insight of mine as the facts are there if people care to peruse them.

I was one who thought initially that Carr was doing great but doubts soon arose.

I recall posting some time ago that a mate of mine (York City supporter where Carr had been) couldn’t believe we were talking about the same Carr when I was saying what class players he was helping bring in (Cabaye). He thought he was not up to any footballingjob but in discussion relented and conceded that maybe scouting was his level. Perhaps he was right all along.

• 4 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Magscar, the problem is, who is on the list lower than what we have from it already? Doesn’t sound like it’d be better.

Had Rafa taken on the players we had, I think most would have done an awful lot better.

• 5 Belfast // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Cursed.

• 6 Belfast // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Last article – Playing the man and not the ball Skunki. Red card!

• 7 Ian Toon // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:17 PM

It’s pure conjecture. Carr should be held accountable.
    As I have written at length a myth was created with the signing of Cabaye. Fostered on here.

• 8 Jib // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:18 PM

The French mdia know all about Carr

• 9 Jib // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:18 PM

media even

• 10 outside the box // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:26 PM

be interesting to see what happens in future games with head clashes…and what determines as a concussion…are the cheltenham players not playing this weekend??……
    the ref told mitro to leave the field i thought he was going off because of a blood issue …whereas gayle was subbed…if it was concussion with either why were they not taken off at time with the cheltenham players..?/
    however if gayle missing for one game is such a problem for some fans (mitro wouldn,t have started ..not match fit ) …… start to worry …if not have faith in rafa …

• 11 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Ian / carl /pushy, you wouldn’t have had Aubameyang up front with Remy, then?

• 12 WWSBRD // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Carr is a good scout given too much responsibility and expected to do a job beyond him

His signings merely reflect the attitude the club had to football imo he made mistakes on players (what scout doesn’t?) but they players we got were dependant on their price tag not quality

• 13 Spoof // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:31 PM

magscar

I was never convinced by Carr, I was open minded at one point but at the same time I was bemused by all the adulation that he was getting, Cabaye is where he got his reputation but I really was puzzled as to why, I’m no scout but even I knew about Cabaye and how good he was so for me that was good work by the club to get him signed up, but to me that doesn’t relate to good scouting as even I could have recommended him.

It was the same with Ba and Ben Arfa, both were well know but came with a risk, one a risky knee the other a risky temperament.

The one which really got me puzzled was Tiote, he wasn’t even Carr’s recommendation, he was first recommended to us two years before we finally signed him, it was Chris Hughton who recommended him to KK before Carr even joined us and it was Hughton who made sure he got his man when he got us promoted.

The failures are well known, Marveaux, Amalfitano etc so I won’t go into them so for me he has been quite poor, there is one however who I will give him a lot of credit for and that is Perez, yes he isn’t one of the most dangerous strikers in the world but he is a good player who has done quite well for us and will hopefully get better and do better for us, Carr did do well there, but apart from him the only decent players he brought into the club were those who were already well established.

So how can he be classed as a great scout and a great talent spotter, it’s always been odd to me.

• 14 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Matuidi was another we were heavily linked with – went on to PSG.

And a lad deemed a failure by our previous moron of a manager scored a lot of goals last year and is also playing for one of the best clubs in the world, PSG.

I won’t mention his name…

• 15 Jib // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:33 PM

According to the German media Wenger’s Central Defender shopping list apart from having Chancel MBemba on it , also has Marcel Tisserand (Monaco), Jose Fonte (Southampton) and Ömer Toprak (Leverkusen) .

It would be one in the eye for Sissoko if the Gooners paid big bucks for the young Congolese.

• 16 Rotonda heights // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:38 PM

Ian / carl / pushy

yes like when pardew replaced tevez and mascherano with his british core worldbeaters harewood and mullins. that worked well.

As per, you miss the point, nothing wrong with going foreign, even allardyce got that right. Carr’s choice of foreign largely wasn’t good for s—e managers like AP.

I’ve got this horrible image of your room being covered in Alan pardew’s pictures with signed autographs. I’m right aren’t I. Creepy …..

• 17 Ian Toon // Aug 25, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Rotonda- I understand why you’re so embarrassed when your outdated bygone age football speak increasingly falls on deaf ears.
    You might try actually addressing the issues once in a while rather than obsessing over Pardew.
    That was the point of my post its damaging what little clear thinking you retain. It’s as if you are on a loop. Slippery slope Buster

previous post: Alan Judge May Not Be Joining Newcastle