Report – Tiote’s Galatasaray Deal Called Off

Galatasaray have called off the transfer of Newcastle central midfielder Cheick Tiote after the 30-year old has finally failed his medical.

Earlier today the medics in Turkey had trouble with his medical – they found that Tiote’s left leg was weaker than his right leg and that in medical terms, he had a problem with his left lateral meniscus.

cheick tiote

Cheick Tiote – finally fails his medical

The deal has been called off according to Turkey’s NTV Spor.

Translated – Galatasaray give up Tiote

Galatasaray wanted detailed reports on Tiote’s condition from their club medics and it seems they have now received them and the deal is off.

Tiote had arrived in Turkey only yesterday and was mobbed at the airport in Istanbul by Turkish fans.

This was one of five offers he has received according to the Chronicle and it will be interesting to see if he can pass his medical at another club.

But this is a real blow for the Ivory Coast International who may now remain a Newcastle player at the club where he still has one year left on his contract.

For his own sake we have to hope he passes his medical somewhere else.

Loic Remy, the former Newcastle striker (on loan 2013-2014) failed his Liverpool medical in Boston in the summer of 2014, but later that summer passed his medical at Chelsea.

He failed his medical at Liverpool due to some condition with his heart.

So Cheick could still pass his medical at some other club and leave Newcastle after six years on Tyneside.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:26 PM

So our U-23s with Vuckic, Sammy, Good, Roberts and Barlaser in the line-up were just thumped -0 by Villa.

Beardsley and his team needs replacing with a Rafa choice.

• stuart no9

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:29 PM

The thing now is , where does that leave tiote ??
    He’s not fit , failed a medical , who will chance him . ? This is a big deal for him , it could finish his career

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:33 PM

stuart
    Suppose it depends what he failed on really, Ba had a time bomb in his knee when we signed him (he’d failed a medical at Stoke then signed for West Ham I believe?)

• Tramp

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:39 PM

We have a long season ahead of us with big expectation lying on everybody involved, so whether it’s a Sissoko or a Tiote that remains at the club when the window slams shut, they are very experienced footballers that can help our cause and our fight for promotion in whatever way Rafa chooses to use them.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:40 PM

hail,

the sooner beardo, watson, carr, derek wright and charnley exit stage left and gave way to some competent replacements the better for all.

veltmann

everyone tried ignoring you but you keep turning up.

ww

if you can’t see a pattern emerging with colback not being a starter any more, there is no clearer way of saying it. You may be saying things simply, as is your wont, but you are ignoring the fact that I do appreciate squad rotation is afoot, but some players are clearly more favoured by Rafa than others. I can’t put that any more simply even for you. Shelvey who was out of favour has now usurped colback, at least for now.

Ian

how surprising you rate colback, but coming from the man who thinks Pardew is a good manager, I rest my case. That reference to your mother, do you still live with her?

Kets

How old are you?

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Sissy should have put his transfer request in by now, surely? Doesn’t the pauper want to forgo his loyalty bonus to get a move?

• beermonkey

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:42 PM

hail

I don’t think it will be long before beardo is moved upstairs

maybe cathro will get the u21s test his managerial metal

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Rotonda
    U ask me to drop it then bring it up again hours later? Ok then

Ur welcome to ur opinion but when trying to put it on Rafa then I will question it. I’ve seen nothing to say Rafa thinks Colback is poor and a liability…surely if he thought that he’d of sold him or not given him any game time. Colback is still here and played in 4 of our 4 league games, that was my point

So now we’ve both had our sum ups can we actually leave it? Or must we carry on with it?

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:48 PM

I cannot tell you. That’s confidential.

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Kets
    It’s not confidential ur a child aren’t u

• SUTTY1978

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Hail, funnily enough, Sissoko gave up on his loyalty bonus from Toulouse when he joined us. Perhaps that was because he would be tripling his wages or because at the time he really wanted to come, either way he did it.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:58 PM

I don’t give my age out to strangers. Here you go:

• sing in the corner

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:00 PM

WWSBRD
    you are wasting your time with arguing a case for Colback’s uses. I have been in your position several times, more often than not Rotonda and Our Toon, and a few others are at the forefront, recycling the same points and criticisms that they don’t apply to other players.
    Game of opinions and all that, but some people seem obsessed and over critical on certain players, and forgive more readily the same errors other more favoured players make.

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Haha why? Incase said stranger hunts down everyone in the land at (am guessing) 14 years of age and finds u?

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:05 PM

sing
    Haha ur probably ring but I was bored this afternoon and the Rafa thinks hes crap thing has no foundation as far as I can see

Am not that fussed by Colback in all honesty he’s good enough as a squad CM and I don’t worry when seeing him starting but he’s not likely to be a star. Underrated though (possibly ignorantly but I think it’s because he’s English tbh)

• SuperShearer

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:06 PM

@Hail Wor Ashley – bang on mate. Why hasn’t Sissoko put in a transfer request? He’d lower his asking price as we wouldn’t have to pay up his contract.

The truth is no one has actually offered him anything. And no one has made his agent an offer of a contract that he thinks he is worthy of. All that boils down to a player who, aside from one Tournament in which the quality of football was poor, thinks more highly of himself than anyone willing to play out intentionally over-inflated price tag.

• sing in the corner

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Yeah he’ll have his uses in a good few games this season. We now have more options in midfield and to be honest it will probably benefit Colback not to be run into the ground in a dysfunctional set up the way he has been in the last 2 years or so.
    Rafa rotates, thats the plan, everyone will play a part..

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:11 PM

SuperShearer
    Meant to of been a few teams made offers for Sissoko though mate just not at our valuation

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Colback has to be one of the worst midfielders to ever play for the club. Jamie Mcclen was also poor.

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM

sing
    Aye my thinking aswell plus being coached by Rafa and his coaches (who actually look to be pushing for training facility improvements) may well make him a better player

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Like Henri Saviet, we never gave Brian Pinas a chance.

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Put in a transfer request and you waive your loyalty bonuses and stuff I think.

He’s heading to Palace tomorrow night.

• SuperShearer

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:20 PM

@WWSBRD – fair enough. But you’d think if Sissoko was tempted by any of those offers he’d put in a transfer request which immediately lowers his asking price. Truth is he’s not worth £35 million to anyone other than us. Fine by me but if he’s not sold I hope Rafa sits him down and says “right mate, you’re here, you have two options, either crack on, prove your worth to the world in this league, or I stick you in the reserves and dock your wages. Your call, you know where I am when you’ve made your mind up”.

• SuperShearer

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:22 PM

@Belfast – I seem to remember reading an article from the Secret Footballer about when a player leaves a club the club he’s leaving pay up his contract in full! I could have mistaken what I was reading but the way it was written implied that the selling club has a lot of outgoing money when they sell a player, especially if he’s on a big wage.

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:23 PM

According to the daily star he didn’t fail his medical – Contract wrangle apparently.

• stuart no9

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:26 PM

WWSBRD— Yeah tha

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Yeah that’s what I’d read as well mate. Not sure it’s true though. You maybe have like a set figure in your contract or something like that.

• stuart no9

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:28 PM

WWSBRD —-yeah that’s true mate but Ba was a lot younger than tiote, he’s 30 now and i think that stacks against him

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:33 PM

SuperShearer
    I dunno though mate it’s just what I read. I don’t know about the transfer request either tbh not sure what counts as one (if of thought him asking to leave in public would count but possibly not)

If he’s not sold though I hope the same as u that Rafa has a word with him…though I expect him to be sold

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:35 PM

stuart
    Oh aye it’ll affect him I imagine wage demands may take a hit depending on what the medical showed

Hopefully won’t end his career though

• Ron Knee

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:36 PM

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Demba Ba was a great player for us.

• Offkey

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Being reported we got atsu

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Think I shall leave Kets to his simple ramblings again but u all witnessed I tried to bring him/her into an actual conversation, I did my part in reaching out

Speak to u again in a few months when the instinct to try again overwhelms my better judgement Ketsy

• WWSBRD

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Atsu loan with a option to buy apparently, assume that was the hold up

• Ron Knee

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Offkey

Has he had a medical yet?

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:56 PM

That’s one winger down then. We just need a winger and a playmaker now. That should be enough until January.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Klopp’s is going for Fuchs.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 29, 2016 at 8:18 PM

I’m going to try a new handle on here before I officially change my user name lads. It’s Swagman Rolling Thunder GDawg from now on….. Hope everyone uses it.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 29, 2016 at 8:25 PM

My daughter often says to me: “Dad you’re not bothering those poor people on the footy blog again are you?” And I say “of course not. And call me Swagman Rolling Thunder GDawg please.” Harrumph.