The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Report – Tiote’s Galatasaray Deal Called Off

6:24 pm, Monday, August 29th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 79 Comments

Galatasaray have called off the transfer of Newcastle central midfielder Cheick Tiote after the 30-year old has finally failed his medical.

Earlier today the medics in Turkey had trouble with his medical – they found that Tiote’s left leg was weaker than his right leg and that in medical terms, he had a problem with his left lateral meniscus.

cheick tiote

Cheick Tiote – finally fails his medical

The deal has been called off according to Turkey’s NTV Spor.

Translated – Galatasaray give up Tiote

Galatasaray wanted detailed reports on Tiote’s condition from their club medics and it seems they have now received them and the deal is off.

Tiote had arrived in Turkey only yesterday and was mobbed at the airport in Istanbul by Turkish fans.

This was one of five offers he has received according to the Chronicle and it will be interesting to see if he can pass his medical at another club.

But this is a real blow for the Ivory Coast International who may now remain a Newcastle player at the club where he still has one year left on his contract.

For his own sake we have to hope he passes his medical somewhere else.

Loic Remy, the former Newcastle striker (on loan 2013-2014) failed his Liverpool medical in Boston in the summer of 2014, but later that summer passed his medical at Chelsea.

He failed his medical at Liverpool due to some condition with his heart.

So Cheick could still pass his medical at some other club and leave Newcastle after six years on Tyneside.

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Financials · Injuries · International break · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

79 responses so far ↓

• 1 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:26 PM

So our U-23s with Vuckic, Sammy, Good, Roberts and Barlaser in the line-up were just thumped -0 by Villa.

Beardsley and his team needs replacing with a Rafa choice.

• 2 stuart no9 // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:29 PM

The thing now is , where does that leave tiote ??
    He’s not fit , failed a medical , who will chance him . ? This is a big deal for him , it could finish his career

• 3 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:33 PM

stuart
    Suppose it depends what he failed on really, Ba had a time bomb in his knee when we signed him (he’d failed a medical at Stoke then signed for West Ham I believe?)

• 4 Tramp // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:39 PM

We have a long season ahead of us with big expectation lying on everybody involved, so whether it’s a Sissoko or a Tiote that remains at the club when the window slams shut, they are very experienced footballers that can help our cause and our fight for promotion in whatever way Rafa chooses to use them.

• 5 Rotonda heights // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:40 PM

hail,

the sooner beardo, watson, carr, derek wright and charnley exit stage left and gave way to some competent replacements the better for all.

veltmann

everyone tried ignoring you but you keep turning up.

ww

if you can’t see a pattern emerging with colback not being a starter any more, there is no clearer way of saying it. You may be saying things simply, as is your wont, but you are ignoring the fact that I do appreciate squad rotation is afoot, but some players are clearly more favoured by Rafa than others. I can’t put that any more simply even for you. Shelvey who was out of favour has now usurped colback, at least for now.

Ian

how surprising you rate colback, but coming from the man who thinks Pardew is a good manager, I rest my case. That reference to your mother, do you still live with her?

Kets

How old are you?

• 6 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Sissy should have put his transfer request in by now, surely? Doesn’t the pauper want to forgo his loyalty bonus to get a move?

• 7 beermonkey // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:42 PM

hail

I don’t think it will be long before beardo is moved upstairs

maybe cathro will get the u21s test his managerial metal

• 8 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Rotonda
    U ask me to drop it then bring it up again hours later? Ok then

Ur welcome to ur opinion but when trying to put it on Rafa then I will question it. I’ve seen nothing to say Rafa thinks Colback is poor and a liability…surely if he thought that he’d of sold him or not given him any game time. Colback is still here and played in 4 of our 4 league games, that was my point

So now we’ve both had our sum ups can we actually leave it? Or must we carry on with it?

• 9 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:48 PM

I cannot tell you. That’s confidential.

• 10 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Kets
    It’s not confidential ur a child aren’t u

• 11 SUTTY1978 // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Hail, funnily enough, Sissoko gave up on his loyalty bonus from Toulouse when he joined us. Perhaps that was because he would be tripling his wages or because at the time he really wanted to come, either way he did it.

• 12 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 29, 2016 at 6:58 PM

I don’t give my age out to strangers. Here you go:

• 13 sing in the corner // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:00 PM

WWSBRD
    you are wasting your time with arguing a case for Colback’s uses. I have been in your position several times, more often than not Rotonda and Our Toon, and a few others are at the forefront, recycling the same points and criticisms that they don’t apply to other players.
    Game of opinions and all that, but some people seem obsessed and over critical on certain players, and forgive more readily the same errors other more favoured players make.

• 14 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Haha why? Incase said stranger hunts down everyone in the land at (am guessing) 14 years of age and finds u?

• 15 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:05 PM

sing
    Haha ur probably ring but I was bored this afternoon and the Rafa thinks hes crap thing has no foundation as far as I can see

Am not that fussed by Colback in all honesty he’s good enough as a squad CM and I don’t worry when seeing him starting but he’s not likely to be a star. Underrated though (possibly ignorantly but I think it’s because he’s English tbh)

• 16 SuperShearer // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:06 PM

@Hail Wor Ashley – bang on mate. Why hasn’t Sissoko put in a transfer request? He’d lower his asking price as we wouldn’t have to pay up his contract.

The truth is no one has actually offered him anything. And no one has made his agent an offer of a contract that he thinks he is worthy of. All that boils down to a player who, aside from one Tournament in which the quality of football was poor, thinks more highly of himself than anyone willing to play out intentionally over-inflated price tag.

• 17 sing in the corner // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Yeah he’ll have his uses in a good few games this season. We now have more options in midfield and to be honest it will probably benefit Colback not to be run into the ground in a dysfunctional set up the way he has been in the last 2 years or so.
    Rafa rotates, thats the plan, everyone will play a part..

• 18 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:11 PM

SuperShearer
    Meant to of been a few teams made offers for Sissoko though mate just not at our valuation

• 19 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Colback has to be one of the worst midfielders to ever play for the club. Jamie Mcclen was also poor.

• 20 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM

sing
    Aye my thinking aswell plus being coached by Rafa and his coaches (who actually look to be pushing for training facility improvements) may well make him a better player

• 21 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Like Henri Saviet, we never gave Brian Pinas a chance.

• 22 Belfast // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Put in a transfer request and you waive your loyalty bonuses and stuff I think.

He’s heading to Palace tomorrow night.

• 23 SuperShearer // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:20 PM

@WWSBRD – fair enough. But you’d think if Sissoko was tempted by any of those offers he’d put in a transfer request which immediately lowers his asking price. Truth is he’s not worth £35 million to anyone other than us. Fine by me but if he’s not sold I hope Rafa sits him down and says “right mate, you’re here, you have two options, either crack on, prove your worth to the world in this league, or I stick you in the reserves and dock your wages. Your call, you know where I am when you’ve made your mind up”.

• 24 SuperShearer // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:22 PM

@Belfast – I seem to remember reading an article from the Secret Footballer about when a player leaves a club the club he’s leaving pay up his contract in full! I could have mistaken what I was reading but the way it was written implied that the selling club has a lot of outgoing money when they sell a player, especially if he’s on a big wage.

• 25 Belfast // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:23 PM

According to the daily star he didn’t fail his medical – Contract wrangle apparently.

• 26 stuart no9 // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:26 PM

WWSBRD— Yeah tha

• 27 Belfast // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Yeah that’s what I’d read as well mate. Not sure it’s true though. You maybe have like a set figure in your contract or something like that.

• 28 stuart no9 // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:28 PM

WWSBRD —-yeah that’s true mate but Ba was a lot younger than tiote, he’s 30 now and i think that stacks against him

• 29 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:33 PM

SuperShearer
    I dunno though mate it’s just what I read. I don’t know about the transfer request either tbh not sure what counts as one (if of thought him asking to leave in public would count but possibly not)

If he’s not sold though I hope the same as u that Rafa has a word with him…though I expect him to be sold

• 30 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:35 PM

stuart
    Oh aye it’ll affect him I imagine wage demands may take a hit depending on what the medical showed

Hopefully won’t end his career though

• 31 Ron Knee // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:36 PM

14 of our players called up for international duty:-

• 32 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Demba Ba was a great player for us.

• 33 Offkey // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Being reported we got atsu

• 34 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Think I shall leave Kets to his simple ramblings again but u all witnessed I tried to bring him/her into an actual conversation, I did my part in reaching out

Speak to u again in a few months when the instinct to try again overwhelms my better judgement Ketsy

• 35 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Atsu loan with a option to buy apparently, assume that was the hold up

• 36 Ron Knee // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Offkey

Has he had a medical yet?

• 37 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:56 PM

That’s one winger down then. We just need a winger and a playmaker now. That should be enough until January.

• 38 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 29, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Klopp’s is going for Fuchs.

• 39 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:18 PM

I’m going to try a new handle on here before I officially change my user name lads. It’s Swagman Rolling Thunder GDawg from now on….. Hope everyone uses it.

• 40 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:25 PM

My daughter often says to me: “Dad you’re not bothering those poor people on the footy blog again are you?” And I say “of course not. And call me Swagman Rolling Thunder GDawg please.” Harrumph.

• 41 Toon Tang // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Could we not have just sent someone that looked like him?

• 42 Jib // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:30 PM

• 43 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Beermonkey mate I have a new mission for you should you choose to accept it. It’s dangerous low paying, thankless work but we need it done. I want you to travel to Wales, sneak into welshie’s flat, steal every single joke book you can find (don’t forget to look under his mattress), take them outside, burn them, then pee on the ashes. If welshie catches you leaving tell him you’re following up on stories of sheep fondling in the area for the mainstream press…..

• 44 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:32 PM

I look a lot like him except I’m more muscular and paler in skin tone Tangy mate. I could go for the next medical if someone shows interest……

• 45 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:33 PM

My knees are good. It’s the rest of my body that’s shot….

• 46 Toon Tang // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Should have sent wor Demba Ba, would have sailed through that medical..

• 47 Jib // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:34 PM

• 48 Toon Tang // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:35 PM

G2, I reckon you could talk your way through the medical without a single test even being performed.

• 49 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:40 PM

That was my plan Tangy mate. It would go like this:
    “Bend over please.”
    “I beg your pardon?”
    “Bend over and let’s do the necessaries.”
    “Ah, yes well thank you so much but we haven’t even been properly introduced. Also I have a large wad of freshly printed currency in my back pocket just for you if I pass this without further ado.”
    “I’ll just stamp the forms now then. Mr. Tiote is it?”

• 50 Veltman // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Rotonda – aye,you have got a new friend by a name Jail for Ashley.Why mentioning me?
    I’m not interested to engage with you or him.

• 51 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:47 PM

As soon as Ba played well for us someone was always going to come in with a big wage offer. We don’t do big wage offers very often and we certainly can’t compete with the likes of Chelsea even back then. We better hope Ritchie doesn’t have a blinder of a season or somebody will have him off us next summer.

• 52 beermonkey // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:47 PM

g2

I am not going near his mattress let alone under it
    can u imagine what might be under there

I bet his sheets are like cardboard

• 53 posada // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:48 PM

Jib
    Hyperbole. I see you’ve been trying to impress cos you’ve had your thesaurus out again.
    Saivet, Cabella, Thauvin and Riviere.

All Carr signings. Throw in De Jong and you have a spend of 40 Million. If the figures quoted can be believed.
    Then five year contracts on 50 – 60 grand a week.
    Total annual wages of 12 to 14 million a year.
    For players who offer nothing. Can’t manage a game between them.
    Could well have knackered our chances of making progress at the club for years to come.

• 54 Belfast // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Has Jib joined twatter lately?

Loving the updates.

• 55 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:49 PM

I’m not getting much feedback on the new blog tag. I could shorten it to Captain Incredible if it’s too wordy? I mean look at You Couldn’t Make It Up. That’s wordy….. Harrumph….

• 56 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:50 PM

Beermonkey hahahahahahahaha!!!!

• 57 Belfast // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Harrumph to that Geordie two.

What happened to that other blog you and tds frequent ?? It’s all went a bit click bait.

🙂

• 58 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:56 PM

No, it’s very stylish Belfast mate. You have to be very suave and cool to hang around on there. I have my own cubicle with an espresso maker…….

• 59 Belfast // Aug 29, 2016 at 8:57 PM

A usual months worth of articles in a day lol

• 60 Our Toon // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Wwsbrd

Me and rotonda dont like colback because he is English? Are shelvey and Hayden not English?

We just have differing views mate, nothing to do with anyone being from a particular country or not, prime example…you think Janmaat is better at RB than Anita, I disagree and prefer Anita.

• 61 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:03 PM

Which team would you like to see vs Derby? Mine… Although I’d be happy with a 4-2-3-1.

Formation: 3-4-3

_____________Sels
    ____Mbemba_Lascelles_Hanley
    Yedlin___Hayden_Diame___Lazaar
    _____Ritchie_Gayle_Atsu

Bench:

Shelvey
    Dummett
    Mitrovic
    Anita
    Perez
    Darlow
    Gouffran

• 62 GeordieTwo // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Very bold YMFB mate. Introducing Yedlin, Atsu, and Lazaar all as soon as they’re with us. And going 3 at the back. Might be a bit much for Rafa. He seems more conservative to me but very clever with his choices and subs.

• 63 Jib // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Sheesh Derby is 11 days yet.
    So much could happen in the interregnum !

• 64 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Our Toon
    Didn’t say that was ur reason but cool

• 65 ShirebrookToon // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Will Atsu be the last player to come in before the window slams shut?

• 66 posada // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:27 PM

Jib
    Aye plenty of time for you to talk out of your recterregnum !

• 67 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:28 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley

like the look of your team….think Atsu is a great signing…now we have two runner wings finally took long enough!

• 68 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Great goal by Atsu!

• 69 beermonkey // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:42 PM

so has atsu actually signed

• 70 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:45 PM

G2

Your points are entirely correct. As a fan I would obviously like to see our 3 new signings as soon as possible however -obviously- that could be a bad idea. Rafa will most likely stick to his 4-2-3-1 with the only change being Gayle for Perez.

• 71 SUTTY1978 // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:47 PM

So, two days to go, doesn’t seem to be any movement on Sissoko, good news.

• 72 Jib // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Sissoko is with the rest of the French squad in the training complex at Clairfontaine preparing for Thursdays friendly with Italy in Bari.

The window will have closed 20 hours before KO.
    Hopefully he will be another clubs player by then.

• 73 Essex Geordie Bill // Aug 29, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Shelvey MOM last game and already someone wants him on the bench, what??

And poor old Goofy on the discard pile already.

As for Colback, it’s well known the foreign players sometimes tack a little while to settle into a civilised environment, imo he’s done okay since coming to us from a backward part of the world.

• 74 BandB // Aug 29, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Jibbers

You are indeed a master of languages.
    Your use of the word interregnum there is almost Shakespearian in its originality and ambition 🙂

• 75 Tsunki // Aug 29, 2016 at 10:09 PM

Looj if you all just stop mentioning Colback he will just disappear eventually.

• 76 Tsunki // Aug 29, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Did Cheick forget to take both legs with him or was there just a problem with his fake ID?

• 77 Tsunki // Aug 29, 2016 at 10:19 PM

I know it’s raking over the embers of another long burnt out camp fire but Ian Toons comment that McManamanamacanacamanans tackle on Haidara was just a product of a contact sport was confounding and irritating at the same time. Ian for all that’s good and great in the world of reason go take a look at that tackle again and tell me it’s all just honest clean fun in a grown-ups game. What a trite prig you are sometimes. Well a lot of times.

• 78 Belfast // Aug 29, 2016 at 10:19 PM

So Sutty do you think he’ll be a good little soldier get his head down and not cause a fuss ? No sulking, giving his all and no interviews every week about how unhappy he is ?

I think it’s bad news if his sulky mug is still with us come Thursday. He could become a right royal pain in the arse.

But I think the club privately know this and he’ll be gone thankfully.

• 79 Jib // Aug 29, 2016 at 10:33 PM

Tsunki
    You overblown pompous windbag if wasn’t the product of a physical contact sport what was it ?

Did Haidara owe young McManaman money ?

The phrase “it’s all just honest clean fun in a grown-ups game” was never used you wretched sly dog.

Nigel de Jong’s double leg break on Ben Arfa or Jinky Jimmy Smith on Tony Want all those years ago are the product of super fit young men going full bore at each other you tart.

I see Joey Barton is getting grief in Scotland over a particularly robust tackle this weekend.

Part of the game is all.

previous post: Reports: Midfielder Has Failed His Medical