Adam Armstrong Close To Loan Move To Championship Club

There are various reports coming through that Rotherham United are very close to getting a loan deal approved with Newcastle for our local striker Adam Armstrong.

It would be great if Adam can take a step up in the leagues after his very successful loan spell at League One club Coventry City last season, when he scored 20 goals in 40 appearances for the Sky Blues.

adam armstrong

Adam Armstrong in action for Newcastle in pre-season

Rotherham have been one of the clubs after Adam since it became clear he would be available for loan this season.

Once Daryl Murphy was signed from Ipswich on Saturday then it was certain that Adam would head out on loan, but we will have to wait and see if it’s for a full season or just through January.

Adam will not be allowed to play against Newcastle this season, but Rotherham are not a threat for promotion.

The south Yorkshire club are on 4 points from 4 games and are third bottom of the Championship at the moment.

Last season they finished 4th bottom on 49 points but that was still 9 points clear of relegation and 3rd bottom Charlton Athletic.

Adam hopefully can get a few goals for them this season and help them out.

• Ron Knee

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:55 AM

“Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic is considering an approach from Newcastle United as he looks to resurrect his career in England, Goal understands.”

• cyprus

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:57 AM

Last repost! Apologies.
    Tiote will find a home. He’s a good player, can play in any league. In Greece, I believe he’ll shine.

On Moussa, why do you say he can forget moving in January Ed? I’m not sure I get that point. For what it’s worth, I’m a Moussa fan but I think if he wants out, let him go. He ain’t the first, or the last who wants to leave, I suspect. I want my players to love playing here.

I won’t be commenting again on this again because we’ve all talked it to death, but, I don’t quite get the hate. It seems over the top. Because he wasn’t good enough,for a couple million purchase? Ok, accepted. We want 30+ million for him, he must’ve done something right! I don’t see us wanting any similar kind of money for anyone else… Because after the Chelsea game we expected more? That I get, but his stats showed that he run equally (actually more) than the rest. He didn’t put in enough tackles, crosses? Ok, but look at the first question.

Go Moussa, thanks for all, and the dosh!

On this, can’t comment. Hope he’s good

• jazzyp

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Maybe yet another forward in if Arma leaves.

On the Sissoko debate. I would personally have Sissoko on the wing than that dirty dog from WBA.

• jazzyp

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:01 AM

NUFC Index ?@NUFC_Index · 53m53 minutes ago

#NUFC are currently the bookies’ favourites to secure the services of Lazio midfielder Ravel Morrison, according to reports from HITC

• Ron Knee

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:01 AM

cyprus

I see John Carver has made a reasonable start to the season!

• sweendog

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Ron Knee

worth a shot, good player just hasn’t adjusted to the premiership yet

• cyprus

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Ron,
    Actually poor JC is already in a bit of trouble! Out of the Europa, drew with local minnows, ugly football.
    Omonoia expect titles. They’ve been overshadowed by APOEL, but they want their former glory back – immediately.

Unfortunately I see him gone by Xmas.

• mad-serb

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:07 AM

Would be the best thing for all parties involved. He gets a run of games in a higher division to aid his development further and if he really goes ham, I am sure he can be recalled if it is required.

On Atsu, he is another of these potential good players but has not been given a regular chance and has found game time difficult at the clubs he went to in England. Its always a strange one when players are loaned to other premier teams, they never seem to be given the same chances as the players that are owned by the club and they are basically signed as back up to the first team. But which club in the premier league will want a loan players start over their own if they are both fit. I have seen him a few times play and he defiantly has some quality about him. So hope he will get some game time here if he preforms in training and resurrect and fulfill his talent.

On a side note, Bertrand Traoré who went to Ajax on loan from Chelsea is the one I really wanted to add to our squad. When ever I saw him he just looked class. Will be interesting to see how he goes this season.

• Ron Knee

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:08 AM

sweendog

How would he get along with our Nitro?

cyprus

Why was he hired in the first place? Strange!

• jazzyp

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:15 AM

According to reports Markovic is available for 16 mill.

Would have sooner gone for Ollie burke at 13 mill.A younger player who looks a top player for the future

• jimmysmith

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Sissoko will be first picked should he stay, unless he throws a wobbly, and will play AM behind Mitro in a first choice 11, with two out of Shelvey, Hayden or Diame in tandem behind. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was renamed captain after a few games.

• sweendog

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Ron knee, not sure but the Serbian team seem to get on well with each other

• Spoof

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:20 AM

Am I right in thinking that the only wingers who we are being linked with are Atsu, Markovic and McManaman, what abouth the left wing, we don’t have a natural left winger due to Aarons being injured as Ritchie is very much a right winger as are the three who we are being linked with, having said that I would still be delighted with Markovic as he really is a top player, he would cost a few quid but he would be worth it, however I think we should also be looking at a specialist left winger, unless as I have suggested on previous days that Lazaar has been bought primarily as a left winger, I say this due to him playing more games as a winger than a defender over the last two seasons and the last two seasons have possibly been his best two seasons, just a thought !

• sweendog

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:22 AM

Didn’t they play together at partizan, a bit of coaching from Rafa and Markovic could be world class

• SPRINGY

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:25 AM

morning all
    see this morning we are linked with ravel morrison and lazar markovic,markovic is apparently preferred over mcmanaman…dont know how true as being this close to the transfer deadline there will no doubt be a lot of rumours,but markovic and morrison loan deals would be good signings for the toon.

• Munster Mag

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Is Atsu a left or right winger? I have heard he is right wing, but surely we need left wing, as we have Ritchie on the right ??

• KevinHann

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:29 AM

About Tiote:

I must say I am amazed how the Turks handled this. It’s some dirty play – there is little doubt the failed medical information was deliberately leaked during the negotiations to force his hand and spare the club the embarrassment if they failed to sign him, while completely ignoring damaging Tiote’s chances to sign for another club after.

This garbage is nothing short of disgrace, don’t you think??

• Jib

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Ron
    The famous vid wher Mitro says his favourite club is NUFC is conducted by Markovic

• Jib

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Should have said – interviewer is Markovic

• Spoof

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:35 AM

Munster

I was saying exactly the same just three posts before your own !

• 2_goal_tino

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:38 AM

As someone who spends 5-6 months a year in Ghana, I’ve seen quite a lot of Atsu.

Every time I’ve seen him play for Ghana I’ve been thoroughly impressed and he has always looked a threat and is at the centre of their dangerous play. He is quick, has good delivery and is very keen to get into the box when the ball is on the other flank. Despite RW being his primary position, from my recollection I seem to have seen him more at LW and I don’t think I’ve ever thought he’s in an unnatural position – so he offers versatility.

Granted most of these observations are based on internationals primarily against African national teams, which aren’t always of the highest standard. Nevertheless, he has often stood out for me amongst a pretty talented Ghana team (Andre & Jordan Ayew, Asamoah Gyan, Acheampong, Acquah, Emmanuel Badu, Partey).

Obviously there is more to the story than this as he has struggled to get game time over the past two seasons at his clubs BUT if he can replicate his form for Ghana (or Rio Ave / Vitesse / Porto), we have a real player on our hands.

The loan with the reported option to buy is perfect for us. His history over the last two club seasons suggest he isn’t guaranteed to deliver and if so we can just return him to chelsea. But if he does perform, we sign him up and we have a player who has the potential to be one of the best wingers in the country on our books. I’m personally really excited by this signing.

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Jessuuss LAZAR MARKOVIC YES PLEASEE!!!

WOW HIM and MITRO would be brill…he is a very talented player. Rafa can get the max out of him.

• Jib

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Lazar Markovic plus cash for Sissoko ?

• Our Toon

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Goal suggesting Markovic is a target, sounds like BS to me, no way he’d drop down to us in championship.

As for McManaman fans need to get over that tackle, as for failing at West Bromwich, yes he has failed but playing him at RB and WB didn’t help, not many succeed under pulis!!

• 2_goal_tino

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:42 AM

@ Spoof – I’ve also seen us linked with Ikechi Anya at Watford today. I’d personally take him. He’s consistently good for Scotland and every time I’ve seen him at Watford he’s looked dangerous.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:43 AM

I can see the Left Attacking MF role being taken by Goufran and Perez once everyone is fit (and moany mcmoanface if he stays and agrees to play). Ritchie will be first choice on the right, with Atsu as backup (and Markovic if he signs). This gives us a cracking squad all of a sudden imo.

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:45 AM

Tbh I think McMananaman is better than Markovic. Markovic is just more expensive so we automatically assume he is better. But doing the Dennis Wise on both of them and looking closley at their movement and decisions in game, to me it is clear that the bloke from West Brom is the better choice for us.

McMannaman seems to have more more balance and dribbling ability. He is much more physical and gets stuck in, knows the English leagues and is up for a fight. Has more skills to get past a defender and can take a kicking or two.

His decision making on the pitch seems better too and is ofc cheaper of the two. I would much prefer McMannaman to Markovic.

• Ron Knee

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Thanks, Jeff!

• SPRINGY

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:46 AM

munster
    atsu is a left footed player mostly from the right wing,but has played left as well as thru the middle as second striker…just what i’ve read…..so adapting to a left winger position should’nt be a problem,maybe rafa see’s that atsu has struggled of late playing the right sided left footer and feels he can get more from him on the left.

• SPRINGY

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:51 AM

with this markovic rumour popping up this morning i wonder if sissoko is about to be on the move,it could be the player has told his agent to find him a club before the window shuts so he’s not sitting round liverpool reserves….then again could be bull…..near transfer deadline day bollicks ….gotta love it!lol

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:52 AM

What people need to remember is that Haidara was not the first player to be stretchered off at the hands of Bananaman. He crippled a man city player in a reserves match. He got himself a couple more red cards over the course of a year or so for similar thuggery.

However, IF he has removed this from his game (and he has shown regret over the haidara incident) then i suppose he is worth a shout. You have to give people a chance.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:52 AM

jib

if sissoko would deign to go to pool, then everyone’s a winner. fantastic if it went through.

• 2_goal_tino

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM

@ Munster – See my post at 21 – he’s primarily a RW but I’ve seen him more at LW and he’s never looked out of position. As someone mentioned, he’s left footed so it means when he’s playing there he doesn’t have to cut back to cross.

• anthc

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Markovic is a real raw talent from what I remember. Quick, can beat a man and has a thunderbolt of a shot on him. Sure he scored one or two screamers for Liverpool. I’d sooner have him than mcmanaman.
    Ravel morrison? Talented bur isn’t this kid the incredible sulk? Last thing we need is a kid with attitude rocking the boat.

• Spoof

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Tino

I can’t say that I’ve heard any links to him, but even if we have once again he is right sided again and it’s a natural left sided winger that we need.

Atsu seems as if it’s a done deal, if’ that’s the case then I really do hope that you are correct and he is more for the left flank than the right as we could be in danger of being well unbalanced as far as our wingers go.

• Moonraker15

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Get Wilshire on loan !

• SuperShearer

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:57 AM

Would take £22 million + Markovic for Sissoko. Win-win as we get a solid winger and offload a player who has disrespected this club so much I’m amazed he hasn’t been fined yet.

If Ravel Morrison is available on the cheap I’d take a chance on him. Saw an interview with Rio who said on the training ground Ravel is the best he’s EVER seen in terms of pure talent. He did go onto state that it goes to show how important the right attitude is but if Rafa thinks he can get the best from him then I’d back that deal.

• Ron Knee

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Leon Best to Ipswich!

• Yorkshire Magpie

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:02 PM

i was a big fan of McMannaman when he was at Wigan (horror tackle aside). yes he has struggled under Pulis but lets be fair he has got the best record with attack minded players. I for one would welcome this signing but hope the fans accept him and give him time.

• SPRINGY

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:05 PM

morrison is at lazio a nd only played 59mins all season apparently,maybe being sat on his arse for a season has calmed him down,no doubt theres talent there,but if he has’nt chilled..if he were to come and not be playing every game he may well be disruptive and stroppy….a loan deal would probably be the best option…see how he is mentally and see what he ahs to offer before giving him a contract.