The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Reports – Christian Atsu Is A Done Deal At Newcastle

10:31 am, Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 5 Comments

Sky Sports have just reported they think the deal that will take Christian Atsu to Newcastle on loan from Chelsea with an option to buy is very close given Atsu passes his medical today.

He is reported to be undergoing his medical at the club at the moment.

And the Chronicle chief sport reporter Lee Ryder has just tweeted he thinks it’s now a done deal.

christian atsu smiling

Christian Atsu – taking his medical today

All being well we should have an announcement on this from Newcastle sometime today.

24 year-old Atsu looks a very good player and has terrific pace and usually plays on the right wing.

Tags: Adam Armstrong · Contracts · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Other News

5 responses so far ↓

• 1 swemag // Aug 30, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Sissoko out!

• 2 cyprus // Aug 30, 2016 at 10:41 AM

Tiote will find a home. He’s a good player, can play in any league. In Greece, I believe he’ll shine.

On Moussa, why do you say he can forget moving in January Ed? I’m not sure I get that point. For what it’s worth, I’m a Moussa fan but I think if he wants out, let him go. He ain’t the first, or the last who wants to leave, I suspect. I want my players to love playing here.

I won’t be commenting again on this again because we’ve all talked it to death, but, I don’t quite get the hate. It seems over the top. Because he wasn’t good enough,for a couple million purchase? Ok, accepted. We want 30+ million for him, he must’ve done something right! I don’t see us wanting any similar kind of money for anyone else… Because after the Chelsea game we expected more? That I get, but his stats showed that he run equally (actually more) than the rest. He didn’t put in enough tackles, crosses? Ok, but look at the first question.

Go Moussa, thanks for all, and the dosh!

On this, can’t comment. Hope he’s good

• 3 martoon // Aug 30, 2016 at 10:50 AM

I’m surprised there were no surreptitious photos of Atsu at the airport etc. or did I miss them?

• 4 BeeGuy // Aug 30, 2016 at 10:55 AM

If Atsu is smart, he would have come up on the train.

• 5 NoahJ // Aug 30, 2016 at 11:28 AM

really hoping the McManaman story isn’t true- apart from completely failing at west brom (a poor team at best), the haidara incident lives in the minds of the fans and no doubt some of the players- why would we even risk that unsettling distraction for a below average player?

previous post: Report Tiote Didn’t Fail Medical – Linked With Greek Powerhouse