The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Christian Atsu’s Agent – The Newcastle Deal Is Done

12:14 pm, Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 41 Comments

Saif Rubie is Christian Atsu’s agent and he tweeted very late last night the deal is complete – we are now waiting for the official announcement from Newcastle.

Christian-Atsu-542025

Christian Atsu – coming on loan to Newcastle

41 responses so far ↓

• 1 RUNAWAY777 // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:15 PM

One more could could do with another really fast wing would be nice lads

• 2 RUNAWAY777 // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:17 PM

This knew phone is shit haha

• 3 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Betty – how does hail wor Ashley know I’m an idiot? Has he got hold of my personal details?

• 4 Mickey G // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:23 PM

And it doesn’t have spell check runaway?

• 5 jayphoto // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Not sure I’ve seen a more boss-eyed player… One eye on the championship, one eye on the premier league I guess 🙂

He looks left, He looks right, he does it at the same time! Christian Atsu, Christian Atsu

Joking aside, guys got potential but worth noting he hasn’t impressed any clubs he’s been at since Porto some years back.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if we bring in a winger today as McManaman fell through

• 6 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:27 PM

That one of those Chinese gadgets Runaway? 🙂

• 7 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:28 PM

I hope his mate is wearing that outfit for a bet.

• 8 jayphoto // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:28 PM

30m for Sissoko sounds a lot for a player than can only be bothered for 4 games a season… but when Spurs consider that those 4 games will be Arsenal and Chelsea home and away and they’ll probably take 6 points off each it might be a good shout…

• 9 ToonRich // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Ravel Morrison keen on a move to Nottingham Forest…

• 10 jayphoto // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Chelsea enter negotiations for Sissoko now… would love to have seen Levys face when he took that call..
    Saying that, bet mike Ashley looked like augustus gloop entering the chocolate factory

• 11 nut meg // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Sky Sports News HQ Retweeted
    Pete Graves ?@PeteGravesSky 17m17 minutes ago
    No #EFC interest in #Sissoko, #THFC won’t meet valuation. Player remains in Paris awaiting development. @SkySportsNewsHQ #nufc #DeadlineDay

• 12 jimmysmith // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:33 PM

I’ll bet you London to a brick Sissoko puts in more than four times a season at Spurs. That are a competitive team, with competition for places all over the park. Basically everything we haven’t been.

• 13 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Ha ha just read your response to my post about Sissoko my friend Hail – if you don’t want to join me on the pointy-hat table maybe you should read my post to the end. But let’s enjoy your response because it’s worth another look –

Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Tsunki

Idiot. The club gains, therefore we gain.

Oh my sides 😀 bless you, you ARE adorable! 😀

• 14 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:36 PM

YouCouldn’t, yeah, I’ve watched it all about 5 times. Probably won’t sign, but amazing skills worth admiring nevertheless.

• 15 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:36 PM

He does have a point though Tsunki.

• 16 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM

If Moussa gets his dream move I agree with Jimmy he’ll probably work those docks off for another dream move. A dreamier one. The little dreamer.

• 17 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Belfast yes it’s on his head

• 18 WWSBRD // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Chelsea now? Not sure players need agents when they have Sky Sports ‘News’…I will say Liverpool within the hour then the Manchester clubs then the standard throw backs to Juve and PSG, the odd Turkish clubs with late bids then tomorrow hes still a town player

• 19 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:41 PM

I think anybody signing him today is a full desperate move so we still might be able to squeeze them for a good fee.

Can’t see us getting the rumored valuation though no matter how desperate they are.

• 20 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:42 PM

I hope that all the gnashing and grinding of teeth on here about Sissoko isn’t hampering any deal being done ha ha we’re hardly selling him ourselves, are we? 🙂

• 21 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:42 PM

If Chelsea are interested which I very much doubt we should ask for Victor Moses and cash!

• 22 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:44 PM

it’s like eBay on Sunday teatime. Bids will be flying in at the last minute lol. I hope. 🙂

• 23 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Straight swap for hazard at a push I’d take him. He’s better than he looks you know.

• 24 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:45 PM

EBay! I never thought of that! Check the listings, Moussa might be on there. Reserve not met.

• 25 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:46 PM

Tsunki

Read it to the end. You say none of us stand to personally gain so you don’t care about the fee for Sissoko (seems to be a popular opinion among non-thinkers or those that think Ashley pockets the cash so makes no difference), then the next breath contradict yourself by saying the upside is the bigger the fee the more Rafa should have to play with, ergo, NUFC improves and we personally get to watch a better team – a gain for us.

NUFC gain, we gain.

Logic remedial classes for Tsunki the worm!

• 26 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:46 PM

I wonder if Sissoko is reading the blog as his ashtray fills up.

• 27 2_goal_tino // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:48 PM

I’d personally accept the rumoured 25m Spurs have offered – it is already far too much for him. There is no point hard balling them any further. He has burnt too many bridges and his career is over at the club. If it wasn’t, he would have been in at least some of the match day squads. Holding out for a price is okay if you actually want a player to stay but we want this deal to go through as much as him.

Even if he stays and tears up the championship, his stock won’t be as high as it was after the Euros. His valuation is only going to plunge after this transfer window.

• 28 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:49 PM

He’s probably searching the internet for a new agent.

• 29 John Tudor // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:50 PM

not according to him

• 30 toontaff2 // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:52 PM

SportsDirect in Oxford Street will be Le Sulk’s first stop to pick up a top and scarf for Spurs, erm Chelski, errmmm Arsenal, errmmmmmm Palace – he will be lining Ashley’s warchest with his loyalty bonus!

• 31 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:53 PM

Hail I don’t know your reference point for “idiot” but if it’s assuming I’m on a par with you then fair do’s I can see how you can make that mistake 🙂

My comment started by simply poking fun at the demands of posters for no less than £25m no less than £35m etc as if it’s their own player I just found it hilarious. But the last line was to point out that in the end, nufc is bound to make a profit, let’s see if Rafa is handed the lions share for further improvements. Is that easier?

Nice personal attack though. Idiot and now worm. I guess you feel much better now.

• 32 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Toontaff – let’s face it he could get everyone’s gear for under a tenner.

• 33 ToonRich // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:54 PM

I wonder if LeSulk is being lined up to recplace Cesc, if chelski let him leave?

• 34 toontaff2 // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Albert Adoma to Villa……………

• 35 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Yo – if he is reading this blog he’ll be on to his agent to drop his price to £15m

• 36 Rotonda heights // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:56 PM

knew phone ???

• 37 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Who new?

• 38 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:58 PM

I was surprised we weren’t after Adomah. He’s a good player at this level.

• 39 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 31, 2016 at 12:59 PM

I would love it, love it … if no club comes in for the over-priced Berahino.

Do we see similarities between West Brom/Berahino and Newcastle/Sissoko? Over-priced. No takers. Pet lip.

• 40 JP...from The Rock // Aug 31, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Finally Atsu there you are! Where you been hiding?

Good to have you on board now for another winger jejeje I’m a bit greedy considering we’ve already signed 12! Lol

Onto this Sisulko nonsense I really can’t wait to see the back of him. What a tool he has been all this time moaning on about a mve. How unprofessional. If we get £30m for him I will be laughing my head off. Would love for the twats to fall into that trap be Spurs as I can’t stand them one bit. They always think they are the bees knees and that their players are all worth north of £10m. So no if you fools want Sissy here pay the cash or FCUK OFF!!!

• 41 Jib // Aug 31, 2016 at 1:07 PM