The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Jubilant Geordies Set Twitter Alight On £30M Everton Sissoko Deal

8:41 pm, Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 72 Comments

It didn’t take Newcastle fans on Twitter long to express their joy at the news that Everton have agreed to pay Newcastle £30M for Moussa Sissoko – a player who is not exactly adored on Tyneside.

Maybe because Moussa played more good games for France in the Euro 2016 Championships than he did in the whole of last season for Newcastle, when we were relegated.

Maybe that’s it?

unhaooy-moussa-sissoko-300x234

Moussa Sissoko – did he want to leave Newcastle?
Looks like it

This is a great deal for Newcastle – we only want players who want to be at Newcastle at this time and be part of the Rafa revolution – and they have to have big hearts too.

Certainly all our new signings seem like great lads who were anxious to join the club – so given that – it’s probably appropriate that Sissoko leaves.

Here’s The Duffmeister – I think he’s pleased.

Tags: Contracts · Financials · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Twitter

72 responses so far ↓

• 1 swemag // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:43 PM

Sissoko – bring in the cash!!!

• 2 G // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:45 PM

Glad hes gone, his ill advised quotes to the press made it impossible for him to play for us. Never before have I hoped this, but I do hope the pillock picks up a career ending injury.

• 3 ShirebrookToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:45 PM

Robbing the scousers of 55 mil this summer pmsl. Not many teams can say that haha

• 4 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:47 PM

Clear your throats and get into practice for our cup tie with Everton…

No, No, No
    It cannot
    be So-oh-ohhh…
    Thirty mill for
    Sisso-kohhhh!!!

• 5 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:47 PM

Sissoko for 30M???? Get in!!!!! Or is this some kind of cruel hoax?

• 6 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:48 PM

He will most definitely make a “my aim is to get us in the Championship league” statement. Fcuker will probably play out of his skin trying to get a move away now. Hope he enjoys playing in that cow shed.

• 7 geordie157 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:48 PM

If sissoko and tiote both leave tonight….I kinda want us to sign one more, greedy I know!

Good window though, with just poor Sammy Ameobi left in limbo.

• 8 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:49 PM

And Concord Rangers were just about to submit their bid!

• 9 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:49 PM

My pet want Brady scored a free-kick for Ireland tonight. Shame we’ve never been interested.

Was always expecting £25m+ for Sissoko. Doubt we’ll spend it now. Save for January if deemed needed, if not save for next summer.

Only worry is, if Atsu comes in, we’ve pretty much only got Ritchie, Gouffran and Atsu as wingers because Aarons simply isn’t reliable. Of course there’s also Lazaar and Yedlin that could convert to the wing and only Rafa knows his plans for them. I imagine one of them will do.

• 10 manxpie // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Nah must be just the best posters as lesh’s is still the same and so is bobby bees 🙂

Nah swemag man u will get a lot of that back through shirt sales and image rights and then sell him for a huge fee
    sisko on the other hand………..

• 11 Average_Contents // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Shirebrook

The mind boggles. And i thought klippety and koeman were clued up haha.

Just disappointed because we haven’t got any chance of spending any of that snakes fee.

Hope I’m wrong.

• 12 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:49 PM

I don’t wish the lad any ill feeling, it’s not his fault he has no brain to guide his mouth, and No I don’t even feel sorry for the Everton fans.

All good for us now.

• 13 ShirebrookToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:49 PM

G2

Don’t forget to poop on his wellies before he goes lol

• 14 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:50 PM

Hang on I thought it was the scousers who had a reputation for taking people’s eyeballs out?

• 15 Toon Tang // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:50 PM

Will you all please join me in a collective *THANK* *FCUK* *FOR* *THAT*

Aaaaaand breaaattthhhhheeeee..

• 16 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:51 PM

Don’t Everton have one of the smallest pitches in the league? Not ideal for Sissoko if so.

• 17 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:51 PM

Everton??? Hee hee hee….. This is amazing if true but it isn’t confirmed yet…..

• 18 ShirebrookToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:52 PM

Average

not too bothered if we spend it now mate. Come in nicely next summer when hopefully we’re back in the Premier League

• 19 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:52 PM

C’mon lads.
    Leave that crate alone.
    The most unsurprising deal of the night is done.
    Now furkiss …..
    Two hour plus to go.
    There might be a couple more up the tube…

• 20 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:52 PM

Don’t worry Shirebrook mate. I have his favourite pair ready. Just need to stuff the last of this curry down……

• 21 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Looking at my unopened bottle of Ardbeg Supernova now…..

• 22 ShirebrookToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:54 PM

Wonder what the Everton fans are saying lol

• 23 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Aye the night is young got Tiote to sell yet and a good £30m plus who knows what in the Co-Op Super Saver Account just burning a hole, and a couple of hours left……

• 24 bettyswallocks // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Tsunki….. Can you see now what Hail was getting at? The more we extorted from the sale of Sussu co. the more goes into our transfer kitty for the next window. I know you meant well by saying just get rid for whatever but you weren’t seeing the bigger picture.

I’m the glad the penny seems to have dropped now.

• 25 ShirebrookToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:56 PM

G2

Don’t forget the thong of shame and the honey badger

• 26 chicousa // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:56 PM

£30m for Sulkyoko?!!! Incredible piece of business. Anyone think we should reconsider our feelings about Charnley??
    Sissoko out!
    Rafa in!!!
    Charnley in???

• 27 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Does anybody else want to add anything to these wellies before I package them up?

• 28 ShirebrookToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:57 PM

W Ham signed Arbeloa on a one year deal

• 29 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Strange but I’m willing to bet that in the mackem universe our situation is seen as a plight, having sold “all our best players” and buying in a bunch of lower league prospects we look to all intents and purposes as a designed to fit Champers side. The fools. What do they know eh? Pffft.

• 30 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Tsunki

This is the driest Last Night of the Proms I’ve had in 10 years.
    It’s like a Bank Holiday, normally.
    Tying up loose ends now.
    Rafa hoping for just one more…..

• 31 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:59 PM

No chicousa mate! Don’t say that. Mike will sign him up for another 8 years!!! That’s just horrible….!!!! I’m doing me nut in now~~~~~~~ I’m all wobbly.

• 32 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:59 PM

Knockaert would just round the night of nicely

• 33 Average_Contents // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:00 PM

Chicousa

No ferking way.

Chicousa – out.

• 34 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:00 PM

with the deadweight gone, truly onwards and upwards now….

• 35 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM

Nope Charnley still a twerp.

• 36 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM

Dok!

• 37 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:01 PM

chicousa

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek No, how could you when things were just going so nicely?

• 38 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:02 PM

I don’t see Moussa holding the shirt up!!! I’m getting verrrry suspicious!!!!!

• 39 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:03 PM

Betty I knew fine well what you sorry Hail was saying but as I explained..(sighs under breath)… never mind.

Even so, taking the point about us benefiting – they need to spend a few quid tonight for that to happen don’t they? Think they will do it? Or will it get Carrolled?

• 40 ShirebrookToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:03 PM

Shhhhhhhb G2

Don’t jinx it!!

• 41 Average_Contents // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:03 PM

BandB

Can’t see it myself.

Not unless you plan on counting Atsu who’s mysteriously taken so long to be announced that it seems they’ve waited and waited and waited and waited for sisulko to be be sold then they’ll announce him.

• 42 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:04 PM

Get McCarthy in the Sissulko deal and sign Knockaert that’ll do nicely

• 43 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Average,

A couple of cans are open here now.
    We’ve had our scoop.

• 44 chicousa // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Alright, guess I got carried away there!!!
    Charnley still out!
    Ashley out too (still!)
    🙂

• 45 lochinvar // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Jury’s out on Charnley unless he moves lonely Sammy out to Tramere ( the Mersey teams have cash to burn ) , maybe £10m . That would earn respect.

• 46 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:06 PM

Eight minutes before Sky….yay1

• 47 magicmac // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:07 PM

As Newcastle fans, we are all happy he has gone, but iam sure all decent Newcastke fans do not agree with that guy who stated on here he hoped he picked up a career ending injury, thats the lowest of the low, we know the guy did not do himself any favours by the way he conducked himself about leaving Newcastle, but no decent Newcastle and true Newcastle fan would wish Sissoko a career ending injury. HWTL.

• 48 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:08 PM

No no no its just not good to end the evening with a relative negative like a sale that has the unhealthy reminiscence of the Andy-you-know-who thing….

Just to be in the safe side, round the night off with an admittedly uninspiring signing. YaY! Fives!

• 49 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:09 PM

“Wasted away again in Northumberland
    Searchin’ for my lost ticket to France
    Some people claim that there’s a Toffee to blame,
    But I know, it’s my own damn fault.
    Yes, and some people claim that there’s a Toffee to blame, And I know it’s my own damn fault ”
    Beautiful Moussa. Enjoy bindipperville.

• 50 bettyswallocks // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Tsunki……. Joking apart, I genuinely believe the club will be allowed to spend the money it generates which includes profit from transfers.

I can’t see anyone else coming in tonight now but if we need to strengthen the squad in Jan. then the funds are there.

30 mil. for a big powerful runner with a poor touch , poor technical skills and a poor reader of the game is downright fraud. Lol.

• 51 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Love how fans rejoice like they personally sold him? Did you pocket 30 mil pounds? NO. Feels like Andy sale, so late could not make profit from it.

Can we bring in a few players right this minute? Lets hope so.

• 52 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Well he was hoping to be Shopping at Liverpool One, now he can console himself by going to Everton Two.

• 53 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Jimmy Buffet certainly knew Moussa well. Hats off to Jimmy….

• 54 Rotonda heights // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:12 PM

they’re saying sissoko hasn’t agreed personal terms. it’s chinese water torture this

• 55 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:13 PM

I think it may yet emerge that £30m is a headline figure.

• 56 Bobbybee // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:13 PM

Even if that’s it for transfers, I’m happy with what we’ve done. He’s not gone for big names, but he’s assembled a team that is getting better by the week. It’s completely interchangeable, so injuries are adequately covered seamlessly. We have the ream, the manager and support to win the Championship and looking at our new squad, is it any wonder we’re odds on to win it? Once this lot click properly, I predict some high victories coming our way. We are well and truly on our way back.

• 57 bettyswallocks // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:13 PM

BandB……. Are we all invited over to yours then?

• 58 Rotonda heights // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:13 PM

gorgon

it’s ok we already have 12 new players. more business than anyone else.

• 59 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:13 PM

Betty I’m hoping that none of the former demons still lurk. I really am.

In the meantime though, it is a time to revel in the great heist at the expense of our western cousins. Ha! I say. And Thrice… Ha!

• 60 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:13 PM

To be truthfully honest I’d have been happier seeing him go to WBA for 15M than Everton for 30M. Not economically sensible at all but hey how!

• 61 Bobbybee // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:14 PM

Ream? Team even 😉

• 62 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:14 PM

Gorgonzola, there are more subtle ways to do that. And they don’t work either ha ha.

• 63 toonking // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:14 PM

In recent years big money transfers out of the club were very disappointing but for once I can give ashley great praise selling a player for a large amount of cash, I don’t care one bit if he were to keep some of the cash all I cared about was getting rid of sickoko. He certainly joined a very well known CL club or should I say mid table PL club atleast he’s still got a big derby.

• 64 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:14 PM

You where never going to get that money again Gorgonzola.

I would normally agree with you but this bloke needed to go whenever or wherever.

• 65 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:15 PM

Rotanda,

The deal is done. But the contract isn’t signed.
    Everton could be gazzumped.

• 66 stuart no9 // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:15 PM

I would love it ” just love it ” if we get Everton in the cup

• 67 lochinvar // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:15 PM

The most expensive Werthers sweet in history

• 68 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:16 PM

No betty

We are still busy.
    But I could probably afford to stand you a pint….now 🙂

• 69 Average_Contents // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:17 PM

You got the scoop. No cans for me.

As much as rafa said that it wouldn’t happen on the 30/31st. We kinda knew it would if a big enough bid came in.

Shirebrook

Aye, there’s always that but it just seems a waste sitting there till then when we need another winger (on top of Atsu) imo.

• 70 OneAlanShearer // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Very much doubt we’ll get anyone else in now. Apart from atsu. Journos saying same. Can’t see anyone worth having being available at this late stage. Nice war chest for January.

• 71 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:22 PM