The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Toffees Close To Sissoko Bid – But Time Is Running Out

5:12 pm, Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 175 Comments

Tottenham seem to have now lost interest in Moussa Sissoko, after they bid £16M last night and then raised their offer today, but it was still short of the £35M want for the French midfielder.

Newcastle dropped their price to £30M and even tried to make it easy for the north London club by allowing them to pay for Moussa in five installments of  £6M each – but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy didn’t take up the generous offer.

Sky Sports are now reporting Tottenham have said they will not pay the asking price to Newcastle for the powerful midfielder.

rafa benitez moussa sissoko

Rafa Benitez with Moussa Sissoko

There was news that Chelsea had entered the bidding earlier today, but there seems little to back that up, with the news they are  trying to buy back David Luiz from PSG and he is now reported to be taking a medical.

Whether Chelsea will now try to sign Moussa Sissoko is not known but there’s just six hours left in the window.

It’s now reported been reported for over an hour or so that Moussa’s reps are in talks with Everton, who are not really the Champions League club Moussa had been looking for.

And Moussa’s agents can talk to Everton all they want, but unless they are willing to pay £30M for him, there will be no deal.

It seems at this stage Newcastle will not lower their price and this circus on the last day of the window with Moussa is exactly what Newcastle didn’t want.

So if nothing breaks soon it looks like Moussa could stay as a Newcastle player although a lot of fans would have liked to see the back of him – he’s been such a pain this summer.

The latest rumor is that Everton are about to put in a bid for Moussa – it will be interesting to see what it is.

Our view is hold out for the £30M and if we get it  then sell him – otherwise keep him – and he’ll have to prove himself in the Championship.

What do you think?

Tags: Financial Fair Play · Financials · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Other News · Transfer News and Rumours

175 responses so far ↓

• 1 SUTTY1978 // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Firebug, I think that Twiterati was reading the blog earlier

SUTTY1978 // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:16 AM

would be brilliant if Sissoko did a Peter Odemwingie. rocked up at White Hart Lane all ready to sign when no deal has been agreed. left to sit outside in his car as the dealine creeps nearer,

• 2 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:18 PM

SUTTY1978

It’s more likely he is being sent all over the country, up to Liverpool, down to London, back to Liverpool.

By the time he finds a club he will be to knackered to pass the medical. lmao!

• 3 2_goal_tino // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:19 PM

I’m beginning to feel sorry for Moussa now…. When Marcos Alonso signs for Chelsea and you are hanging around praying West Brom make a bid, you know you’re have a bad day!

• 4 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Goodness sake, get rid of sissoko. I would take half of the money ashley is demanding. Last thing we want is him staying on.

• 5 lesh // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:22 PM

This is getting exciting, a real cliff-hanger. Bet Moussa’s crapping himself and moreso if he’s still sitting at the airport waiting for the ‘go’ to travel to the UK.

Of course there’s the matter of agreement between Charnley and the buyer, his medical, contracts and lodging details of his transfer – all by 11, or is it midnight, tonight.

Ooooohhhhh, nails bitten down to the quick…… Will he, won’t he…. This is better than waiting for Olive Oyl being released from the path of a fast-approaching train, by Popeye!

• 6 Sazzer // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:25 PM

lesh
    Sissoko is in London according to Deschamps.

• 7 lesh // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Sutty

You’re a hard bustard but, aye it would be funny tho not for sulky boy.

• 8 RUNAWAY777 // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Say its to late and keep him on the bench the w..ker

• 9 goommy // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:26 PM

I think 30M was fair price compared to Gini 25M. In my op I rate Sissoko higher and he just couldn’t show his best under lame manager like Pard and Mcclaren..

• 10 lesh // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Sazzer

Ah, well that just adds a little spice to the plot. If it is to be Everton, there’s still a bit of travelling to do yet.

This has been the best window for many a year… and it’s not closed yet!

• 11 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Remember when sissoko was joining newcastle, he was in the last year of his contract of his former club & he said he’d play a full season in reserves if they didn’t sell him to newcastle. Will be interesting if he isn’t sold.
    His valuation will not be there same in this league, by January we will get very little for him. He mite not even play. Luckily he’s on a long contract here.

• 12 Bambams // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:28 PM

Sissoko only has himself to blame. he was quite happy just going through the motions and only improved when Rafa came along with also the added incentive of the Euros.

Had he played with heart and effort i think other clubs would be interested, of course you have the big headed managers who will think “I will be able to change him”….Wrong he is a mercenary looking out for himself. i even hear he is auctioning off all his Toon shirts on Ebay, “Sorry Boss i cant stay, i haven’t got a shirt”

• 13 lesh // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:29 PM

We just need a glamour club like Stoke or Hull to throw their hats into the ring and well……

• 14 Sazzer // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:29 PM

lesh
    The clock certainly is ticking.

• 15 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:30 PM

Moussa is next to a market barrow in a cobbled London street, donned in his ragged plus fours, worn out jacket with cap clutched to his chest – ” please Sir! Oi don’t eat much an’ oi carn’ ‘arf sweep your chimley good!”

• 16 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Charlton beckons. Not quite the glory days of Curbs reign, but handy for Eurostar.

• 17 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:35 PM

This must be quite a shock for Le Grande Whinge. Nobody will play 35M or even 30M for a player worth at least 10M? This is shocking news indeed! Quelle Horreur!!!

• 18 Bambams // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:36 PM

say he doesn’t go……

Do you think he will just huff or will he have a point to make and just try and show clubs what he can do and wait for January ?

I would like to think the latter, what club will fancy him if he shows he just huffs !

What i would give to play for my home town club for one minute !

• 19 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:36 PM

Je suis tres desole pour vous Le Grande Whinge!

• 20 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:37 PM

You can have him play for your home town for only 30M (a tremendous discount that) Bambams mate!

• 21 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:38 PM

Even Atsu hasn’t been announced yet, maybe all todays signings will be announced at once?

• 22 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:39 PM

When Sissy gets that sad look on his face like a homeless puppy how can clubs resist for only 30M? It’s absolutely unbelievable!!!

• 23 Tramp // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:39 PM

I realy hate to be that guy, but does anybody have a skysports news link?

I want to see the back end of Moussa Shitoko live as it happens.

• 24 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Here you go Tramp

• 25 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Tramp it’s live on facebook apparently

• 26 lesh // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:41 PM

Will anyone, anyone please swoop in to save Sissoko from a fate worse than death.

Ah, is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s Superpards to the rescue…… Hurrah, what a hero.

• 27 geordiemark // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:41 PM

excellent hope he stays and ditch him with the juniors for the full season I don’t care about money being lost on him its the fact he has brought all this crap on himself, this player has no loyalty to any club never mind just ours, he has unsettled the club and him and others who have moved on are the reason our club are in the championship so all in all rot away who gives a monkies

• 28 Bambams // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Twitter has gone mad with loads of links to Everton…..

It is Twitter though

• 29 Tramp // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Cheers guys!

Any chance we will see floppy chops, arm out car window?! Oh boy, i hope so!

• 30 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Wonder if Everton will offer us a player in part exchange?

• 31 Bambams // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Everton Blue Army ?@EvertonBlueArmy 9m9 minutes ago
    Moussa Sissoko’s only hope of a move is to Everton. If he doesn’t sign for Everton, he will stay at Newcastle United. (Source: Mirror)

• 32 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Le Grande Whinge! Le Grande Whinge!
    Yes! Yes! Yes!
    Le Grande Whine! Le Grande Whine!
    Mais non non non!

• 33 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:45 PM

never ever seen nufc fans so excited about a player leaving
    big disappointment if he doesn’t go for us
    BUT a bigger one for him

• 34 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:46 PM

Yes, they’re offering us Paul Cocktoasten in part exchange for Sissy Rafa mate. He playes Left Outside!

• 35 Bambams // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:46 PM

Sky Sports interview with Sissoko…

” Did i say Arsenal, did i say PSG, nah…I dont think i said Milan or Real Madrid, i am sure i slept in a Neville Southall shirt as i grew up……Once an ehm..Blue. Everton have always been my favourite club “

• 36 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Don’t lose heart lads! He’ll stay and play and prove he’s a 10M pound player! Huzzah!!!!

• 37 LGFUAD21 // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Lets sell him to the Mackems and then laugh when they get relegated and we go up.

Just out of spite for the way he’s acted.

I understand all players want to play at the top and I bet very few in this team wouldnt have wanted to leave at least a little (maybe except the Geordie Lads and Lacelles who see real opportunity here and hadnt played much in the Prem anyway).

BUT

If you are gonna leave, do it like Gini and Janmaat, with dignity and respect.

• 38 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:48 PM

I’m thinking 4 goals and 3 assists for us if Sissy can manage to play at least 35 games lads. That’s the kind of player we’re talking aboot here. Oh, he’ll definitely rush up and down the pitch hundreds of times as well have no fear……

• 39 lesh // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Tramp

Don’t write Rednapp off yet, he’s still got time to nip in and sign Sissoko at the last minute. He’s good at that.

• 40 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:49 PM

“Them up the street got eight for theirs an’ it never even had a spoiler!!!
    “It can rot on the drive for aar’ll aah care. I’d rather get the bus, me!”

Is everyone forgetting that we held out for £20m for Tiote and now we can’t GIVE him away.

His pet lip if he doesn’t go will be visible from space

Anyway, there’s time to nip out for a crate….it’s going to be a long night.

• 41 Bambams // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:49 PM

£25 million and McCarthy……Everton wont pay £30 million on Sissoko.

Will they ?

Honestly i would take £20 million for him

• 42 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Charnley on the phone to Graham:
    “What’s that? Everton are offering us Cocktoasten and 10M for Sissy? Snap their hand off Lee!”

• 43 LGFUAD21 // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:51 PM

If he stays though.

Rafa needs to give him a lesson in respect. He has to earn the right and privilege to play for us again. And if he does, he needs to show application.

• 44 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Do I hear 15M anyone? 15M? Final offer at 15M. Well he hasn’t even met our reserve price Mike, what do we do now? And this Cocktoasten deal, how do I calculate a value?

• 45 Bambams // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Off to the gym, SSN will be on in there though.

Long night, i cant see him leaving though, not to Everton

• 46 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Got to love the snippets from Google Trends Sky are posting on their deadline day watch!

Top transfer related Google searches in Sunderland:
    1. Who are Sunderland signing?
    2. When does the transfer window close?
    3. Will Kone sign for Everton in the transfer window?
    4. Where is Torino?
    5. Do footballers have to have a medical on deadline day?

• 47 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:55 PM

10 minutes left tonight:
    “Lee what has the best offer been?”
    “Mike this is a little embarrassing….”
    “Never mind the bollocks Lee give me the number!”
    “Well Mike it’s 5M and some prawn sarnies if we discount the Cocktoasten offer.”
    “Bloody hell Lee! You told me we would make a fortune on him after that World Cup performance! I’m holding back your pay this month!”
    “Ah yes, thank you Mike. Can I wash your car again now?”

• 48 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:55 PM

anyone think chelsea could nip in and take him ??

• 49 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Love the official Arsenal twitter reply to the fan who tweeted “I’ll give everyone who retweets this 20 pounds if Arsenal sign Mustafi”, btw!

It made me picture Arsene following twitter and having an evil grin for getting one on those vultures demanding he signs big names.

• 50 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 5:59 PM

No, nobody thinks that hibbit mate…..

• 51 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Rafa: “Mike wants to know how you are at serving drinks Moussa?”

• 52 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:03 PM

McCarthy seems to be subject of season long loan discussions with Palace, Sunderland and WBA. If Rafa really likes him I see no reason why Everton wouldn’t be willing to include him in a P/E with Sissoko. I’d try to use him as leverage to bring the Sissoko fee down during the negotiations if I was in their place!

• 53 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:03 PM

hibbit

I think Chelski are frying bigger fish today, Starting to think Sulkie is not going to get his move.

• 54 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:07 PM

firebug

It’s very much possible, I doubt Tottenham will meet our price. I’m not sure I’d like Sissoko to stay at this point though, he would certainly be worth less come January and let’s be honest, he doesn’t seem the type who would set the Championship ablaze to get a move in 6 months.

On the other hand even though we won’t spend that money today having some fresh funds next window may help if we need to boost some area. Even a single 6m installment could be worth one decent extra player at that time.

• 55 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:07 PM

As the window slams shut Rafa turns to Sissy:
    “Moussa, I don’t know how to say this but we didn’t manage to flog you off today…”
    “Moussa (breaking into huge sobs) But I’m world class! How do you explain it Rafa?”
    “I can’t explain it Moussa. She is a huge puzzle to me. I’m just looking back at your stats from last season and……. wait are these the right stats Lee?”
    “Yes, yes I believe so Rafa.”
    “Ahhhhh, I see. Moussa have you heard of the Scottish league?”

• 56 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:10 PM

How about 2 three M pound payments lads? I would go for 2 three M pound payments. If it’s done with great respect of course.

• 57 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Kevin

I agree with most of your post, but I think Sulkie would do well in this league under Rafa, and also because if he does stay with us he will have to put in performance after performance if he wants to stay in the national team.

He could get dropped easily as we have lots of cover, and bad moods and sulking could end with him in the reserves.

• 58 Average_Contents // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:14 PM

What the actual fcuk? €40m in total? He’s dogsh1t lol and a 3 year loan. Chelsea must really hate him.

BREAKING NEWS

Juventus have reached an agreement with Chelsea to sign Juan Cuadrado on loan for three years.

Juventus have the option to sign the player on a permanent basis for €25 million and are due to pay Chelsea €5m per season for the duration of the loan.

• 59 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:16 PM

Moussa Sissoko: 1 goal, 7 assist in 3,223 minutes played last season. I hope none of the other clubs check his stats before making their bid.

• 60 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:17 PM

firebug

I don’t disagree but out of the trio of players we faced a battle to hold onto, the others being Gini and Townsend, Moussa is the one I found least likely to deliver consistent performances.

He would be a valuable option to have if he gets over his big head and the disappointment (which I’m not at all convinced he will do given the way he speaks all summer long) but in the same time I also fear a little we signed Diame as his replacement and having competition between the two of them may not be healthy at all.

• 61 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Of course he did have 4 goals in over 3,000 minutes the season before. That’s 5 goals in over 6,000 minutes. That’s decent for a CB! Oh wait…….

• 62 lesh // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:20 PM

He could of course reduce his own demands and signing on fee thus enabling a higher cash bid for him.

Ah, but wouldn’t that make him financially worse off than he would’ve been at SJP?

Err, ok,

• 63 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:22 PM

His productivity has been poor. He had better wake up one of these days and realize he’s not that good…..

• 64 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:23 PM

Kevin

Out of the three of them Townsend would have been the one to keep, Sulkie has burnt some bridges with the fans, and it will take him a season to rebuild them.

IMO if he stays he is on a hiding to nothing, he needs to leave as that would be best for all parties, if not he has a lot of work to do. The question is…. Is he capable of doing the work needed?

As I said I think he could do a good job in this league, but would he?

• 65 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:23 PM

After all the other clubs around the world have realized it.

• 66 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:23 PM

firebug

A little more on Sissoko staying, I just imagine the situation when Rafa puts him on the bench – which is inevitable, and how Moussa would react knowing he needs to play to boost his profile or stay in the France team. I don’t know, everybody keeps referring to him as a model professional so maybe I’m wrong but I also don’t want a toxic apple in our dressing room when the going gets tough.

• 67 jazzyp // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Victor Moses in if we sell Moussa

• 68 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:26 PM

I would happily eat my words if Sissy has a huge season with somebody (especially us).

• 69 brklyngeordie // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Hypothetically speaking who would be easier to embrace on the team McManaman or Sissoko?

For me I’d rather McManaman, Sissoko truly embarrassed himself and disrespected the Club as a whole from Manager,teammates and fans as where Callum had an incident with a player.

• 70 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:28 PM

Enough from me. Looking forward to reading all your posts.

• 71 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:29 PM

Kevin

Aye he could upset the dressing room, but he is hardly model professional given his comments in the press throughout the summer.

Everton are talking to Newcastle for Sulkie, but offers are not fourth coming given only a few hours left.

I thought Rafa had said we would NOT entertain late bids for him anyway.

• 72 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:29 PM

Firebug

Why’d you have a change of picture?

• 73 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:29 PM

Well McManaman is bit more squishy Brklyn mate. So I would vote for him being easier to embrace.

• 74 Novocastrian66 // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:29 PM

No-one has signed him because the deal is too expensive., including his salary.
    In his mind, no-one has bought him because Newcastle are asking for too much money. Not because he is asking for £100K plus per week and the clubs don’t want to pay him that much.

• 75 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Geodie Two @ 59

When you put it like that, it makes sense Spurs haven’t stumped up the £30m, considering it’ll be fresh in their mind they sold us Townsend for £12m and he got 4 goals and 2 assists in 1/3 of the pitch time. Levy could pay £25-30m, but he couldn’t accept a bruised ego.

• 76 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Do I have a change of picture?

• 77 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Tick tick tick tick, time is running out!!

Brace yourself people, the longer this saga with sissoko continues, the more unlikely it is he’s moving away. I’m losing hope every minute.

Brace yourself, a whole city holds its breathe, for four & a half hours. Praying for somebody to come & save newcastle from sissoko!!

• 78 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:35 PM

Novocastrian66

Can you imagine Everton agreeing a fee with us only to give up on Sissoko’s wage demands minutes later? Now that would be a kick in the teeth!

• 79 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:36 PM

That’s the whole problem Hail mate. His stats say he’s not worth the money. End of. Now shut up and play some decent footy Sissy!!!

• 80 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:38 PM

“And if LEVY should say t’ me…
    I should say….. LEVY…NOOOOOOOOOO!

“Quoyte woight Fwanc!”

• 81 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Did we officially confirm Atsu btw?

• 82 El Sleeve // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:38 PM

I would’ve set an asking price of £30m and accepted £25m

get rid of Sisulko, he must be ruining the atmosphere round the training ground, a £10m loss is worth so much less than a united team and winning the league.

For goodness sake, just get rid!!!

• 83 Novocastrian66 // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Kev; Who for, him or us?

• 84 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:39 PM

G2

He hasn’t really helped himself like, since he came back he has not kicked a ball in anger, been training on his own etc etc. Gini on the other hand got stuck into training, and got playing time under his belt, Gini is gone, Sulkie is still here and looking like staying.

• 85 El Sleeve // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:39 PM

when he plays, he will obviously get booed

• 86 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:43 PM

if he stays i don’t think the fans in the ground will be as happy as some on here are
    he’s made it quite clear he doesn’t want to play for the toon and is not happy in newcastle
    in my mind no way back he must go

• 87 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:44 PM

The man is worth nowhere near 30M. His stats tell the story lads. Five goals and 9 assists in two full seasons! What is that worth? We overvalued him to keep him, in my opinion but it could well blow up in our faces as he has been nothing but a pain in the butt since everyone oohed and ahhhed at him in the World Cup. He now officially has an ego the size of Mars. Try fitting that into a Championship side Rafa.

• 88 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:47 PM

So Sunderland have signed The Donger? Didier N’Dong from L’Orient. Nice one Moyes. He should be good for 3 or 4 goals…..

• 89 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Novocastrian66

Both parties actually.

• 90 jazzyp // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Imagine if we did sign Victor Moses.

We would then have Jesus ..Mohammad and Moses at the club.
    Can’t fail to get promoted

• 91 El Sleeve // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:50 PM

why the heck didnt we just accept the £20m from Spuds

• 92 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Buying sissoko for 35 million, is like paying 1 million for an old mini.

Ohhhh, no wonder he hasn’t been sold here.

• 93 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:52 PM

We could be on to a winner if he does stay, it really does depend on how he reacts. Gone are the days where you start regardless of how poor you play. Does he really want to whittle his contract away sitting on the reserves bench. He has a lot to do in the dressing room and on the pitch to win team mates and fans back onside. He really has done an Odowinge.

• 94 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:52 PM

jazzyp

and the devil if sissoko stays !!

• 95 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Jail for Ashley

not sure he can win the fans back are you

• 96 Hail Wor Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:54 PM

What we deem he’s worth is all relative, could compare him to likes of inexperienced Mason going for £13m, Ibe for £15m in which case you’d have to say he is worth £25m+ or, on the other end of the scale there’s Townsend to us for £12m.

Ultimately he’s worth what somebody is prepared to pay.

His stats aren’t great, particularly last season, but he’s an eye-catching player that struggles with the end product. Managers will always think they can be the one to help convert his rampaging runs into some meaningful and instill some consistency. That’s the draw of him.

• 97 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Put the choke in a bit Jail.
    You’ll flood your carburettor, mind.

• 98 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Jail

The most interesting part if he does stay is how Rafa handles it. Rafa impressed me with how calm he was over the entire thing even after the endless public tirades, this way once the window wraps up he can say “My position about it always was we don’t need to sell and Moussa is a player I wanted to keep if nobody met our price”.

It’s a great position to be in for the manager if it comes to reintegrating the player in the first team. Still, it will be maybe the first major man-management challenge for Rafa with us and I’ll be very interested to see how he handles it!

• 99 Novocastrian66 // Aug 31, 2016 at 6:57 PM

G2, that’s because we’re shit. He is top class. Our relegation had nothing to do with him. Everyone else was to blame. France would have won the Euros if the whole of the national team were as good as him.

• 100 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Hail Wor Ashley

he has potential there’s no doubt
    but he also has a big mouth which he can’t keep shut

• 101 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Interesting Novo mate @99. We’ll see if he goes somewhere else then. I’m not sure the end product is there no matter who he’s with. He just isn’t instinctive around goal. Not even with killer passes. And he’s less squishy than McManaman. I just can’t embrace him mate……

• 102 cyprus // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:02 PM

“I spent three and a half years here. I gave everything for this club and I want to play some big games. For that I need to go somewhere else,” Sissoko told BBC World Football.

How dare he? We offer games against the likes of… Huddersfield.

He’s crap, no end product, but we want 30 million for him!

Wait a minute

• 103 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Off for a bit but have no fear lads. I will return!

• 104 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Sissoko personality will be off putting to any parties interested.

• 105 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:07 PM

G2

I certainly wouldn’t try touching Moussa, let alone embrace him! People tend to get hurt when you do!

• 106 Novocastrian66 // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:14 PM

G2; I was being sarcastic. 🙂

• 107 Average_Contents // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:16 PM

FFS! Hasn’t he gone yet.

Just tell them all to fcukoff and chuck the w@nkstain in the under 23’s.

Watch the sulking reach epic proportions

• 108 cyprus // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:18 PM

In Rafa we erm… trust!

“I am really pleased with him (Moussa Sissoko) because since I came here, the only thing I can say is that he has been really good in terms of his work on the pitch. The things he is trying to do in the training sessions and also the relationships that he has with a lot of the players.

“He is someone that they see as a very influential player with a lot of our French players and I think it is important, because he is so good that he has confidence. It is a boost for him as well as the team.

“We have a lot of players who talk French, so then you need someone like him who is a big name for them and that they can see he is a good player…a great player.

“If he is performing and working as hard as he has been, then the others have to follow him.”

• 109 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Perhaps Jail can spray him with pink slime and play him “Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher?”

Will he sulk?

Is the atomic weight of cobalt 58.9?

• 110 lochinvar // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Taking £70million off Merseyside for Caroll and Sissoko might be a clue as to why Ashley is a billionaire.
    Maybe he confused the blue shirt of Everton with the blue shirt of Chelsea.
    ” pilot please turn the helicopter around, I want to go back to London and the Palace , and I’m not talking Buckingham “

• 111 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:22 PM

i can see this is all going to end in tears

• 112 geordie157 // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Markovic heading to Lisbon on loan.

• 113 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:35 PM

hibbit

It may be an evil streak surfacing in me, but I have a feeling he will return to France a Newcastle player and as BandB says, his pet lip will be visible from space.

I want him gone, but part of me just wants him to miss out at the 11th hour so he will have to stay and atone for his sins last season.

• 114 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Bournemouth though 😐

• 115 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:40 PM

hibbitt/firebug,

Sissoko goes, Sissoko stays. This will have all been thoroughly war-gamed under Rafa.

• 116 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:43 PM

BandB

If he stays Rafa wins.

If he goes the Club win.

Either way I think Sulkie loses.

• 117 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:44 PM

still think there’s time for a few more twists and turns like a fish on hook who can’t get away

• 118 SUTTY1978 // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Sissoko played better and tried just as hard as players like Colback, Perez, Dummett, Shelvey etc etc last season.
    I understand people getting on his back for the comments he’s made but not really for his on pitch displays.
    He was the most creative player in our team and has been since he arrived (creates far more chances than Cabaye or Ben Arfa ever did).

If no deal goes through then the slate should be wiped clean and let’s get him in the team and helping drag us out of the Championship.

He’s probably still the best player in the team which is why he’s the only one rated at anything like £30m

• 119 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:51 PM

SUTTY1978
    if you think he’s going to turn up for work as if nothing has happened your in for a big shock

• 120 Budge123 // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Sutty – he is potentially the best player in the team. That’s the issue. Potentially best player but actually lazy half hearted arse.

G2 – can you not send all parties involved a wellie and make it clear they need to crack on!

• 121 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:57 PM

BBC radio Five reckon Sissoko is closing in on going to the SPUDS who have upped their bid

• 122 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:58 PM

going……

• 123 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 7:58 PM

going………

• 124 Ron Knee // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Vuckic to Bradford City

• 125 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Carburettors, pink slime, have you been reading Ian Toons riddle book BandB?

• 126 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Why hasn’t Atsu been confirmed?

• 127 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Sissoko with have a lot to forgive US for if he stays that’s for sure. Talk about Roger the Lodger ha ha he’ll not fit in very well will he?

• 128 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:05 PM

if Bournemouth can sign Wilshere surely we can make a big signing!!!!

• 129 SUTTY1978 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Budge, so who was better than him last season?
    In every good game we had last season, or the last few seasons, Sissoko has been at the heart of it driving down the pitch.
    In some ways you can’t blame him getting p*ssed off ploughing a lone furrow driving the team forward when you have some useless lumps around you……
    Anyway he’s off to Everton so bloody irrelevant!

• 130 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Sulkie gone to Everton then

• 131 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:06 PM

He’s off to to Everton for medical. Agreed £30m.

• 132 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Everton have agreed terms for Sissulko!!!

• 133 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Hail! Betty! What say you?

• 134 SUTTY1978 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Confirmed on SSN….

• 135 Corv // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:06 PM

On his to way to Everton for a medical for £30M, lol.

• 136 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:07 PM

………gone.

• 137 geordie157 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Everton agree fee and personal terms for sissoko, heading in for medical.

• 138 toonluvva // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:07 PM

SSN just announced that Everton have agreed terms with NUFC for Sir-Sulk-Ohh.

Think they said £30m. snatch their hands off. It’s only £20m over the odds IMHO.

• 139 Ron Knee // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:07 PM

What if he ‘failed’ it?

• 140 Sazzer // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Moussa Sissoko on his way to Everton for a medical. £30m fee.

• 141 geordie157 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Le Tissier spot on, which sissoko will everton get!

• 142 SUTTY1978 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Gotta say well done Charnley, good brinksmanship, got the £30m

• 143 Sazzer // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:08 PM

from Keith Downie

• 144 Budge123 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Sutty – you nearly got me. I thought you were being serious there for a moment!

• 145 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Matt Le Tissier spot on

• 146 SUTTY1978 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:08 PM

It’s like Andy Carroll all over again, no time to spend the cash, how convenient!

• 147 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:09 PM

He’ll get the Sissoko with a proper manager, not serial failures.

• 148 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Georges-Kevin N’Koudou says on his arrival at Spurs….”I always dreamed of playing in England and I watched a lot of Premier League football last year, including Tottenham games. That’s what attracted me”

Was one of those games the last one of the Season where they played us Geoorge-Kev? Ha ha ha bet you can’t wait to get get that eh 🙂

• 149 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Tsunki,
    Unless he moves somewhere he’s made a right royal tit of himself. He has a few choices after 11pm tonight. He can terminate his contract and not play professional football for another two and a half years, sulk, play shit and sit in our reserves for the same amount of time. Or he could man up and put in the type of displays that he’s capable of and help get us promoted. There’s no middle ground anymore, all cards have been shown after 11pm.

• 150 lochinvar // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Too Late to turn round now Mouussa , had your head turned by a bowling of Wether originals did you ?

Maybe he confused the blue shirt of Everton with the blue shirt of Chelsea.

• 151 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:11 PM

With only hours to go before this Wednesday’s summer transfer deadline, City have moved to further strengthen their forward options by securing the services of exciting attacker Haris Vuckic on a loan deal from Championship side Newcastle United.

Following the earlier arrival of Sheffield United striker Marc McNulty, Vuckic moves to the Northern Commercials Stadium on loan until 3 January 2017 to become City’s second deadline day signing.

• 152 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:11 PM

7.58pm
    Thank you…..
    But not yet goodnight…….

• 153 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Bet McManaman comes now

• 154 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:12 PM

*o0O..POP!..O0o*

Ha ha ha would you like a Strawberry in your Cristal, Michael?…Bottoms Up!

• 155 swemag // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Everton – noone knew this was Sissokos favourite club. This means he will be back playing St James’ park season 2017/18.

Looking forward to see what the reception will be in toon.

And about spending the money – Rafa does not need more cash and should save this until next summer when we can attract different caliber players.

• 156 MacToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Can’t believe we’re robbing the Toffees – I’m guessing it’ll be too late to spend any of the dosh –

Now who’s been saying over the last few weeks that this is the way things would work out ………. Ashley’s scored again? Even after relegation lol amazing, what a guy.

• 157 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Interesting to see if another one more comes in now. They might have put McManamanamanananana on hold until they concluded the deal.

Would Rafa have the money to slap down say a £12m for Knockaert? Or someone similar?

• 158 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:15 PM

How long before he’s talking about CL clubs as I can’t see Everton qualifying for awhile.

• 159 hibbit // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:16 PM

just hope he passes his medical i hear he has a bad case of lazyitis and verbal diarrhea which could make it tricky !!

• 160 Yo-yo // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:16 PM

I hope Socks knows the reputation of his new manager ?

• 161 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:17 PM

Laurent

Rafa may well stick a late bid in for Knockaert

• 162 Ron Knee // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:17 PM

20:14
    Told that both #thfc AND #efc are still in for Sissoko and it’s a bidding war. Watch this space.

• 163 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:17 PM

Yes Rafa rings the changes and builds a fearsome Championship Quality side with serious aspirations of promotion….

…….and, meanwhile it’s the gift that keeps on giving as Charnley and Co deliver £30m profit on deals *+#Ka-Chingggg!!#+*. And a huge reduction to the order of millions over the coming year in wages #+*Ka-Chinnngggggg!!*+# the perennial hangers – on in the academy and reserve circuits loaned out to shape up or get lost… it’s a WIN-WIN!!!! Unless we don’t get promoted of course. Fine print that part.

• 164 Yo-yo // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:19 PM

swemag

Agreed..
    It gives him a tidy pot to use for strengthening next year, assuming we get promoted…
    It can’t do any harm in terms of his reputation with Ashley either., having sold off the biggest assets, and bought widely, to be sitting on a big + at the end of the window…

• 165 firebug666 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:19 PM

I think Atsu will be confirmed as the last bit of business this transfer window. I also think we have done really well out of it, team looks good, money in the bank, and Sulkie off the books.

And it’s not even Christmas!

• 166 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:21 PM

Ballotelli signs for Nice for free

• 167 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:21 PM

Not to mention, Tsunks, about £20 million extra on loan-to-buy deals.
    I’m told the game is still on….but Sissoko tonight was the game in town.

• 168 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Have to hand it to Mr Ashley. Time came for a PR gun and he wheeled out the 25-pounders and blasted away. We’re all tucked up in the promotion train berths and he’s in first class snipping the ends off Cuban Cigars and prising the Beluga tins open.

• 169 Rotonda heights // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:23 PM

mactoon

can’t really complain with 12 new players

• 170 SUTTY1978 // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:24 PM

Tsunami, I’m sure Ashley’s only concern was having squad harmony and a happy dressing room

Cheers

Keith Bishop

• 171 martoon // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:24 PM

This shows Lee Ryder knows no more than we do:

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder · 2m2 minutes ago

#nufc have agreed a fee for Sissoko with #efc – but the player has yet to agree terms. #thfc still interested.

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder · 8m8 minutes ago

• 172 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:25 PM

The club is still wiping its nose.
    We are very much to the good on this purge window.
    There’s a pot of club money to spend at New Year if promotion is in any doubt.
    And promotion, and only promotion, is all Rafa and Ashley, for their different reasons, are agreed on.

• 173 Average_Contents // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:26 PM

Hopefully it’s not those absurd £6m payments and they’ve got desperate and paid it all upfront.

Not that it’ll do us much good with 2 and a half hours left until the window closes but the thought of those bitter blue nosed tw@ts paying on tick is sickening (they hate us btw)

The club of his dreams I’m betting. What a knacker. Champions league here he comes. Fcuking snake.

Don’t think I didn’t notice your little countdown before it was announced on ssn BandB lol.

Also what’s with the but not yet goodnight?

• 174 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Average,

We’d filed before they mentioned it 🙂

• 175 manxpie // Aug 31, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Balotelli gone for free haha must’ve cost them about 20-25mill madness
    and we are just about to get the deal of the century also madness

previous post: Photo – Christian Atsu Signing For Newcastle