The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Tottenham Reported Still In For Moussa Sissoko

9:35 pm, Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 73 Comments

Both Peter Graves of Sky Sports and Lee Ryder of the Chronicle are reporting that Tottenham are still in with a chance of signing Sissoko,  since the wages have not yet been agreed.

Moussa Sissoko is on his way to Everton for a medical, but we’d be surprised at this stage if he doesn’t know the wages and they are acceptable.

Everton and Moussa’s reps talked to Everton officials before Everton bid £30M for the French International, so the wages had to be one of the discussion items.

Moussa+Sissoko+Newcastle+United+v+Sunderland+jsaJtWr5W3Il

Moussa Sissoko – will leave Newcastle tonight

It’s interesting that West Ham have just completed the signing of free agent Alvaro Arbeloa, who was at Real Madrid with Rafa Benitez last season – wonder why we didn’t get him in since we were heavily linked with the player in the summer.

Tags: Financial Fair Play · Financials · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

73 responses so far ↓

• 1 Thump // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Is it not still possible that our brinksmanship may yet backfire on us?

• 2 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:37 PM

BandB @18 previous thread

1) Can we shift Tiote.
    Doubtful at this stage but we’ll see. That was why I was so pissed with Galatasaray and their medical mumbo-jumbo excuses, it didn’t do us or Tiote any favors.
    2) Can we pull off a late coup with £12m of the Sissoko cash. We didn’t expect to get that.
    I would be surprised if Rafa didn’t plan in case we did sell Sissoko. If he wants to go for another player we will. It costs you nothing to discuss possible action in case Moussa leaves, no good reason not to. However I think it is too late to start knocking on any doors at this point.
    3) Waiting with open ears for a nuts offer on Mbemba. We’d take ten.
    God I hope you are kidding! No offers for Mbemba, please!

• 3 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:38 PM

Spurs still in it? Ahahahahahahaha!! The fools!!!! Everybody hold their breath now……

• 4 Tsunki // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:39 PM

I’ll just say it again. In Carr we trust? 🙂

• 5 toonking // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:40 PM

shouldn’t be too difficult for the sicko to signa cotract atleast he’ll get that CL football he’s demanding tell them make a bid we will accept or quite simply put a transfer request in.

• 6 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Now Moussa just smacked Lee across the gob and pointed at his watch! This makes terrific watching!!!!

• 7 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Thump,
    Can’t see how it can backfire on us. We probably won’t see the money spent tonight anyway and if he does stay we might possibly have the best player that’s ever played in the Championship. It is a much different situation than Tiote when we held out for pure greed rather than Pardew actually wanting to keep him.

• 8 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:42 PM

Oh and now the package of wellies I sent have just arrived! That’s should speed the bargaining process up as they’ll all want to leave the room…..

• 9 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:42 PM

Has the Atsu deal been confirmed at all its been confirmed for like the past 5 days…what is going on anybody know?

Do we have time to sign anybody?

• 10 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:43 PM

Or could he become the best player ever to sulk his way through a season in the Champs Jail mate?

• 11 Rotonda heights // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:44 PM

thump

absolutely

• 12 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Looks like our incommings are done. Not disapointed though. If we mug everton for 30M for socks, it’ll probably be january before he is replaced, unless we have one lined up just in case. I think we have enough, personally.

• 13 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:44 PM

And who says he is the best player? We had a fairly decent side the last time we were down as I recall.

• 14 RUNAWAY777 // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:44 PM

How he can call himselfe a professional footballer i will never hes like a child who cant get his own way and he need to grow ip in to man all said now get out of our club you w..ker

• 15 toonking // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:45 PM

G2

He’s probably making history already as the best player to be left out of a championship squad.

• 16 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:45 PM

There’s never enough YCMIU mate. We need more. I’ve got a few in mind that I’m speaking with Rafa about. If we’re going to go short we should really go short……

• 17 Ron Knee // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Will Tottenham miss the Titanic?

• 18 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Kevin,

Tiote keeps jetting off to discuss terms and keeps saying no. If I hear soon that his contract has been terminated, I will not be surprised.
    Not holding out any hopes for a spend on the Sissoko money.. Predictably late in the day for that. I said he’d be sold on the list day the window.
    Nothing on Mbemba in the air. But we are covered for his loss, they reckon. Neither he nor Rafa have made any commitments.

• 19 NUFCPaul // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:46 PM

If Everton have offered 30M then I can’t see Spurs matching that, can you? The only way Spurs are still in for him is if the Toffees have offered WAY less than 30M.

• 20 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Everton could be up to Ashleyesque tricks anyway, agree fee to keep fans happy and then offer him 25K a week, to be honest they’re in the driving seat when it comes to wages knowing how desperate he is to leave.
    Wiltshire to Bournemouth btw.

• 21 Rotonda heights // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:47 PM

I am the one (good game) in ten
    A number on a list
    I am the one in ten
    Even though I don`t exist
    Nobody Knows me
    Even though I`m always there
    A statistic, a reminder
    Of a world (club) that doesn`t care

• 22 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:48 PM

Or so he thinks toonking mate. I have different thoughts about him. I liked him when he first came to us but he got Pardewed early and then a nasty case of the Carvers. He deceives many with his size and power but it never comes to much.

• 23 Rotonda heights // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Either this is someone impersonating BandB or has drink been taken!

• 24 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Rotonda

That is the only ub40 song I like (probably because I identify with being the odd one out).

It suits sissoko, though. Well played.

• 25 Sheikh MagToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Not sure I’d trust either club with instalments for different reasons.

• 26 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Nice on Rotonda. It sums him up. Strange days indeed when Sissoko is worth 30M! But we’ll take it off them if offered.

• 27 Rotonda heights // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:51 PM

ycmiu

is diame not already sissoko’s replacement

• 28 Ron Knee // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:51 PM

“Dominic Calvert-Lewin has joined Everton now from Sheffield United.”

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:52 PM

Jack Wiltshire to Bournemouth btw!

• 30 Phil K // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:52 PM

Tottenham doing their usual – trying to sell big and buy cheap. I gether they offered 16 mill and “wouldn’t budge” Everton wanted him on Hire Purchase, and seems that did the trick

• 31 AncientC // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:53 PM

Is the most repetitive transfer story ever written about on the blog, truly coming to an end? Sunny days ahead.

• 32 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:53 PM

If you’re the odd one out what does that make me YCMIU? Harrumph…… I demand to recognized as even more odd and further oot!!!!

• 33 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:53 PM

I wa definitely sober an hour ago Rotunda, when we scooped Sky.
    But I will remember your gobsh@te, and you will suffer, pet.

• 34 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:53 PM

Rotonda

In playing style,possibly, but i see Diame as Wiji’s replacement.

• 35 manxpie // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:54 PM

haha sisko is average at everything apart from strength according to sky sports fifa stats

• 36 JP...from The Rock // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:54 PM

Hope we include a sell on fee clause in the deal. That way we will still make even more money thanks to this idiot.

• 37 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:55 PM

G2

I will be odd, and you cam be out 😀

• 38 ShirebrookToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Good comment by Paul Merson when asked if Everton had got a good buy in Sissoko.

“Well it depends which one you get” hahahaha

• 39 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Can*

• 40 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:56 PM

I still think we may get a player from Everton Part-ex

• 41 Ron Knee // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:56 PM

According to a poll on the Liverpool Echo, 81% are IN FAVOUR of signing Sissoko!

• 42 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:56 PM

I’m even more odd than you can ever be YCMIU mate. Some people say I’m too odd to be even as well but that’s a different story. Harrumph!!!

• 43 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:57 PM

Shire

I quite liked it when he called him “the one who watches you get relegated”. Class.

• 44 JP...from The Rock // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:57 PM

Leicester have signed a top player in Slimani. Wiah we had got him when we had the chance a couple of seasons ago.

• 45 toonking // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:58 PM

G2

sissoko is the one player which I believe was never pardewed, I’d call him a newcastle michel owen. Like owen he too arrived here thinking that it would be the first step towards getting some CL but the team itself performed very poorly and he knew a move was needed at first he just made the odd comment but over time it became worse and worse.

• 46 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:58 PM

This is turning into a long nightmare. Sign for somebody Sissy! We’re all bored with it now!!!!

• 47 ShirebrookToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:59 PM

YCMIU

Aye that was class mate when he said that. He just stood and watched his team get relegated. Spat my drink everywhere hahahahaha

• 48 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:59 PM

BandB!

• 49 NUFCPaul // Aug 31, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Hal Robson-Kanu to West Brom. Interesting choice of team.

• 50 GeordieTwo // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Slim Annie sounds like a top, top women’s league player. Still, well done Leicester!!! Huzzah to you!!!

• 51 KevinHann // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:00 PM

JP @ 44

Yeah Slimani would have been amazing. Things would have been different if he had him instead of Doumbia for example.

I never quite understood what happened with Doumbia actually, I had high hopes for him and he just disappeared. Was he really that terrible on the training pitch?

• 52 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Dok

Your icon used to be blue…. you have gone pink 😮

• 53 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Here we go…. spurs match the 30M bid 😮

• 54 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:03 PM

Spuds matched Everton’s £30. million – Sissoko preference Spuds.

• 55 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:03 PM

Come on,toffees… bid 35 😀

• 56 manxpie // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:03 PM

spurts have matched it ashley’s chopper is out?

• 57 SUTTY1978 // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:03 PM

Spuds have matched the bid.
    If they were willing to pay that then they should have got it sorted earlier in the day, numpties

• 58 archaeomag // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:04 PM

hahahaha
    Spurs & Everton offer 30 mil – so say bbc pundit !

It is as good as getting Crystal Place to pay for Pardew..

• 59 ShirebrookToon // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Spurs match Evertons Offer PMSL!!!

• 60 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Wow spurs have finally agreed 30 mil??

• 61 manxpie // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:05 PM

why leave it till now tho less than an hour to sign on the dotted line

• 62 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Spurs and Everton got all their eggs in the one basket here. Somebody is going to be disappointed 🙂

• 63 Rafa Revolution // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Which Spurs player can we get in Part Ex??

• 64 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Hahaha

The guy on merseyside essentially just said “Spurs are mutch better than everton so Socks will fcuk them off and go to London”

• 65 SUTTY1978 // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:05 PM

When did Sammi Ameobi sneak out on loan?

• 66 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Sky could be telling porkies though

• 67 m1c4a3l // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Tottenham have matched the bid. Owww this is heating up. Get the auction on the go lads.

• 68 Jail for Ashley // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Arsenal fans will cause a twitter hemorrhage when he signs for his boyhood dream club.

• 69 Belfast // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Wouldn’t put it past them.

• 70 BandB // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:07 PM

You can’t blame a lad for going a bit pink now, YMFB, can you?
    I was thinking of steamrollering the perpetually friendless and terminally hard-of-thinking Rotonda Heights.
    But then I remembered that, compared to you, he is a very tiny knob.

• 71 toonking // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Might be feeling tired but I’m most certainly going to stay up and follow through deadline day until that sicko deal comes through. Like having another andy carroll transfer only this time I’mwaiting for the news a hopeful sale comes through

• 72 JP...from The Rock // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:13 PM

Happu ending for all of us with the twat going and us bagging £30m. Now what bugs me is we could have wrapped this up earlier to be avle to sign a winger like McManaman. Maybe there’s still time.

• 73 JP...from The Rock // Aug 31, 2016 at 10:14 PM

*Happy ending- wtf is Happu ending lol

previous post: 24 Year-Old Is The 19th Player To Leave Magpies This Summer