Newcastle Strikers Compete In World Cup Qualifier

Our new signing Daryl Murphy is now with the Ireland team preparing for Monday night’s World Cup qualifier in Belgrade, Serbia, where he will meet another Newcastle striker – Aleksandar Mitrovic.

The 21 year-old very physical striker already has 22 caps for Serbia with 4 goals and they will be getting to know each other when they return to Newcastle next week and prepare for the game at Derby a week tomorrow.

murphy-ireland-4x337-1602710_613x460

Daryl Murphy in Ireland’s colors

Daryl (22 caps for Ireland – no goals) has been interviewed and he was happy enough with his performances in Euro 2106 and says he just had to accept the opportunity to join Newcastle United when it came up last weekend.

This is what Murphy has said:

“It obviously gives you confidence when you play at that level against players of that caliber.”

“I thought I did okay and held my own in both games I played, so it gives you a boost. They are very hard games to play in, but it was good.”

“I’ll have some great memories for years to come of playing in some very big games. The Italy game, to know I was starting and to play and be involved in that win was brilliant.”

“And then to keep my place a few days after and play against France, bar the result, it was brilliant for me.”

“Obviously it wasn’t easy for me to leave Ipswich for Newcastle, but as I said to the manager – ‘I can’t turn down this opportunity, it’s not going to happen to me again’, and I think he understood that.”

“Obviously he didn’t want me to go, but I think he understood that I’m not going to get that chance again.”

As to whether Daryl would be greeting his new team-mate Aleksandar after the game he said wryly and with a smile:

“We’ll see how the result goes first.”

We expect Daryl to make his debut for Newcastle in the game at Derby on 10th September or the game at QPR three days later.

We think he’s an astute signing for Newcastle and can do a very decent job for us over the next two years.

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Just because this is yet another new post from Ed we have not finished with you! Good riddance Monsieur SmarmyPants. We give you the two finger salute! We will shower scorn upon you when we meet again next season in the Prem. I will personally expose my buttocks to you Monsieur!

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:40 PM

I hope that clarifies my position vis a vis SissyPants somewhat! Harrumph!!!

• Our Toon

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Good touch by sissoko’s team to release that statement.

I have no issues with him at all, bought in at a time when the club was run like a circus, most acts have gone away now but the circus will continue at some point

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:46 PM

You have now issues with him Our Toon mate? You don’t wish to expose your buttocks to him? You don’t find him deceitful, smarmy, sulky, narsty, lazy, and somewhat of a pinhead? Look at that face! Hanging out there sulking away! How can you not despise that? Harrumph!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Let’s hope they play nicely against each other and return with no injuries!!

I’m sorry but who is this sossageoko that G2 keeps banging on about?

• Tsunki

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:49 PM

I wonder how “What-ever!” translates into French? So long whatsyerface, we will never forget you.

• funlovingexpress

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Forget their respective countries, they are playing for more vthan that.

The one who scores the most might get a start for the toon or at the very least be our tactical target man sub.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Tsunki

Forget who?

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:53 PM

You haven’t heard the last of this Monsieur. We have long memories up here in the northeast. You monsieur have cast shame upon yourself. You will be removed from my Christmas card list! No, no it’s too late now to beg forgiveness SissyPants! There is no place at the Christmas table for you! Your personal Christmas cracker has been removed from its spot, stamped on and then micturated upon in disgust (thank you beermonkey). Harrumph!!!

• Tsunki

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Essex – sorry you lost me…..

😀

• funlovingexpress

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Hazaar

• Tsunki

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:56 PM

I can imagine there will be games where the combo of the big fella up there and Mitro will feature at least in part together up front. Where a stubborn defence needs tenderising you might say.

• Tsunki

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:57 PM

No no no

Huzzah!

• Tsunki

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Well this is the eye of the storm isn’t it? Eerily quiet and peaceful prelude to match day.

• funlovingexpress

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:58 PM

I meant it as spiffing but yeah ok then …Huzzah!

Ha ha ha ha

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Oh and another thing monsieur. That free chest hair I was sending? Forget about it Mr. I’m so happy to be a Spud! Instead monsieur expect other packages to arrive in the coming weeks. I’m not saying what’s in them but you will be most unhappy with this traitorous turn you have taken! Fie on you I say! Fie on your mum!

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:05 PM

No, it’s no use trying to make me feel better lads. This is just a step too far! This will not stand! I tear your letter into tiny bits monsieur, then wear it in a small pouch in my armpit for a year and then burn it while chanting (you know the usual chants I do, I can’t be bothered to put them all in here). Huzzah!!!!

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Well? Isn’t anybody going to add anything? Some little narsty snippet for the Le Grande Sulk? Something appropriate for zees leetle scumbag? Well???

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:16 PM

I hope no women or children were injured by my mention of buttock exposure. Please accept my firmest apologies. It won’t happen again I can assure you…..So…… once again…….sorry about that…..

• Our Toon

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:19 PM

G2

He’s made us 28m profit if he stays for 5 years….what’s to be bitter about?

• lesh

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Geordie Two

What’s with your continual references to the human anatomy and apparel?

Dunno about anyone else but I find them quite nauseous.

However, each to his/her/its own!

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:24 PM

Just look at that face and that letter Our Toon mate. They both just stick out and dare you to give him a good fonging. Well I for one am never going to forget or forgive. I am now removing my wallet size photo of him obtained when he first came to us at great expense and getting it ready to place in the next wellie I’m preparing. All my Sissy songs that I had prepared for this season? Oot the door mate. His birthday present? Now being re-packaged for Mitro. That’s how seriously I take this lads. I suggest you all do the same! Harrumph!

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:26 PM

Don’t worry lesh it’s not intended to nauseate you. I was aiming for the French one. I do take offense at the its comment however. You can reword that if you like or whatever lad.

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:27 PM

Actually the 28M profit makes me very happy indeed Our Toon. And with Rafa to hopefully spend it on improving the squad we have more incoming to look forward to. Amazing that we got him for 2 or 2.5M depending on who you believe.

• lesh

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Geordie two

He/ she/ it was not aimed at you but to those are certain or otherwise about their gender.

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:39 PM

It isn’t a gender lesh. Generally speaking people are hetero, homo, bi, and some other terms which appear to mean different things to different folks. But no it.

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Actually I should say it doesn’t refer to a sexual preference. Or a person.

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Off to practice guitar and listen to music mates. Enjoy your evening!

• Belfast

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Tsunki

I wish you’d stop using my name in vain Buster – Anymore of it and it’s a month on the nufc digest for you.

You geddit ??

• Belfast

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:08 PM

That’ll probably kill the blog until 23.00

• Blackley and Brownlie

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:14 PM

TyneMouth
    It was you who mentioned Harry so you presumably thought Harry was relevant.

It doesn’t matter whether interest is demanded on instalments. What matters is the total value of the deal. For example, £30m paid in interest free instalments might be equivalent to say only £26m paid up front.

• cyprus

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Nice message from Sissoko. Never quite understood the hate but each to his own mind.
    Thanks Sissoko, you must’ve done something right to attract the attention of so many top coaches, including Rafa. No one else has… At 30 million you are our second biggest signing ever. Something tells me you’re one of the nice guys, although most fans would disagree…Thanks again.

And we’ll hopefully use the dosh to buy 3 ten million stars – in January.

• cyprus

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:41 PM

On this Murphy guy,
    Where did we find him? Why him? Not sure I get it.
    Hope he scores 20.

• Our Toon

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Murphy has had 1 season where he was really prolific, he’ll do a job this season but don’t expect fireworks, he an ok member of the squad

• Our Toon

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Cyprus

Sensible words on sissoko mate

• jimmysmith

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:01 PM

Cyprus, I agree. If you accept Sissoko was sold the club as a stepping stone to bigger things, and consider the dismal way the club had been run and the effect that has surely had on the morale of the clubs better players in the three years prior to Rafa, and most of all that despite all this he manages to do enough to make a profit for the club of an astronomical 28 million pounds on less than a two million pound investment. It’s hard not to think that he’s actually been one of the very few bright spots we’ve enjoyed in quite grim times, and that we should wish him well, as he has us.

• jane

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:17 PM

G2’s comments are disturbing. i wouldn’t be surprised if he has some significant and worrying underlying problems.

• Belfast

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:29 PM

Sissoko was whoring himself around literally six months after he signed and continued to do so from that point onwards. He’s not liked mainly because of this – in my opinion anyway.

He’s a Spurs player now so we really shouldn’t give a hoot anymore to be honest.

I don’t think he was anywhere near the top of Tottenhams list by the way Cyprus. I think he was signed on the last day due to their failure to land a few other targets in the last week of the window.

Anyway I think we done very well whether it’s paid in installments or not. 🙂

• Sheikh MagToon

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:33 PM

Back on topic.

This imposter is a Mackem, and whilst it’s good we stopped them doubling their contingent of crap forwards, he’ll always be listening to my loud mouth from the Gallowgate. If we are ever desperate enough to need him. Doumbia2.

• manxpie

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:38 PM

i can’t believe sisko has used the “his dream” again!
    he must have no shame and people falling for that guff on last post come on?
    it seems its a new trend unfortunately which also means its never meant its just a ticked box after someone leaves a club
    are people just forgetting the stuff he has said in the last month let alone before

still deal of the century