The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Should Moussa Have Issued His Personal Message To Fans?

12:30 pm, Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 16 Comments

Moussa Sissoko issued this personal message to Newcastle fans last night.

Should Moussa Have Issued His Personal Message To Newcastle Fans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Other News · Poll · Transfer News and Rumours

16 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Sep 3, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Ha ha Ed you scamp talk about fanning the flames there you go squirting bbq lighter fluid all over the shop

• 2 hibbit // Sep 3, 2016 at 12:36 PM

shocked to read that posters attach no blame to the players when the whistle goes they are the team they wear the shirt they showed no pride no passion no effort
    even playing out of position under a poor manager /coach………. i would have thought being a professional would have been a enough to at lest turn up a lot of them didn’t
    its very had to apportion blame but the players must except there share

• 3 SuperShearer // Sep 3, 2016 at 12:36 PM

No. He’s been so quick to remind us that we’re not a big enough club for him and that he’s too good for us. Why should a desperate attempt to be loved after leaving change what has gone before?

He’s angered me for two years this guy. He clearly has talent but is often lazy and inconsistent, we got about 3 good games out of him a year. All the while he would be telling anyone who would listen that he wanted to leave.

People like him need to learn a level of professionalism. Look at Wini, never made too much noise in the press, got on with his job quietly and when he left he thanked Newcastle. I don’t care if he was angling for a move behind closed doors he never disrespected the club.

I’ve never been so happy to be rid of a “star” player as I am to be rid of Sissoko.

• 4 Oldgit1 // Sep 3, 2016 at 12:37 PM

I can remember being in a pub when Sir Bobby was being interviewed after a match on the telly. A couple of lads in the pub where talking between themselves. But was quickly shushed by the audience as the great man was talking.you good hear a pin drop as everyone listened to every word the great man was saying. The respect for this guy was amazing.

I see Rafa being the same as Sir Bobby, in his short time here he has been here, he has rejuvenated the fans of Newcastle, given us hope and pride back. The man, like Sir Bobby, is a gentleman of the highest order and thank my stars that the club has had these two and of course Kevin Keegan as managers of my team in my lifetime.

I predict that Rafa will make our team great again. And give us back our pride.

Rafa the Gafa sounds good to me.

• 5 Our Toon // Sep 3, 2016 at 12:44 PM

Hibbit

That same squad that struggled under mcclaren throughout the whole season went 5 unbeaten under Rafa through to the end of the season which also ended with a 5-1 thumping of spurs….they do like to take a good old beating from us at our place.

How much of it was mismanagement and how much of players shirking, each has there own opinion. My opinion is more valid than anyone else’s.

Fortunately most of the players bought in under the regime when mediocrity and not going for cup runs Europe etc were acceptable are now gone, we can look forward to what Rafa builds here. Hopefully that poisoned mentality has faded away

• 6 JAMSHA // Sep 3, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Not SISUCKO agin ED plzzz His Gone Be Happy He Gave Us 30mil Wich We Never Deserved

• 7 Our Toon // Sep 3, 2016 at 12:48 PM

My opinion is not more valid, that’s what it should read…..apologies for that people

Sissoko is free to do what he wants, his pr people have put together a good statement for him but he’ll never be forgiven

• 8 Our Toon // Sep 3, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Not sure if I’d want yedlin starting at RB, I like Anita in that position, any thoughts from others……in an attempt to get away from this sissoko malarkey

• 9 hibbit // Sep 3, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Our Toon

are you saying the players were completely blameless ??

• 10 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 3, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Gouffran
    Clark
    Mitrovic
    Perez
    Murphy
    Darlow

Alot of options but no room for Colback or Hanley.

• 11 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 3, 2016 at 1:01 PM

No room for Dummett either

• 12 SUTTY1978 // Sep 3, 2016 at 1:03 PM

Anita, one of the first names on the team sheet at RB, think he’s pretty abysmal anywhere else but great there

• 13 Jail for Ashley // Sep 3, 2016 at 1:07 PM

hibbitt,
    I think it’s fair to say that the blame is shared through the players, head coach and management but for me the lion so share of it lies at Ashley’s door. How he allowed a football club to operate a policy of avoiding on field success is criminal. And to think he actually attended a lot of the games makes it even more unbelievable.

• 14 Laurent Robert 32 // Sep 3, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Our Toon, when he came on the other day, albeit for only 10mins or so, Yedlin was playing in front of the right back.

• 15 Shadow_Shearer // Sep 3, 2016 at 3:21 PM

I think it was the right idea to leave a message for the fans, but his message was bull shit of the highest order. I didn’t believe a single word.

I would have preferred,

I didn’t play with my heart, I know I could have done better. I had a good time in Newcastle & still have plenty friends there.
    The time I felt was right to move on & as I would have no chance of playing champions league football.
    No matter what I have done or said, newcastle fans are some of the best supporters.
    I know the fans are super passionate so I hope for a speedy return to the premier league. All the best of luck for the future, & I hope newcastle become a force in England.

I wrote this in 5 mins with very little thought. & this would have been alot better.

• 16 lesh // Sep 3, 2016 at 4:00 PM

The message in itself reads as though it’s well meant. However, any, if any good intentions were wasted as a result of his come and get me interviews. Had he kept his trap shut and acted in a professional manner, his message might have been better received by fans.

Sadly, Sissoko’s been ill advised and the damage is done.

However, it was clear that he started to play with commitment in the lead up to the Euros and he achieved his aim in playing for France, well. He’ll no doubt have his eye on cementing his place for France in the lead up to the World Cup and as a result, I suspect he’ll be a better and more consistent player for Spurs. If that becomes the case, then £30m will have been a shrewd and profitable investment.

previous post: Incredible Insights Into Rafa Benitez By Former Player