Video Highlights – Serbia 2 Ireland 2 – Video

Here are the video highlights of Ireland’s 2-2 draw in Belgrade tonight against Serbia with Newcastle’s Daryl Murphy, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Ciaran Clark (late sub) all playing in the game.

Daryl got the equalizer late in the game with a great header from a corner – his first ever goal for Ireland.

• Tsunki

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:18 PM

I hope that Matt Ritchie never reminds me of James Milner.

• NUFCPaul

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:38 PM

Jib – don’t like what Ed is posting? Go to another website or start your own. Don’t sit there and tell him what to do on his own site.

Secondly, how about I sit here and tell you to stop posting stupid links? Are you sitting there thinking ‘why is this idiot telling me what to do?’ That’s probably what Ed was thinking when you told him what to do too.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:54 PM

Jib Jibberish (blog pest and trusted lieutenant of his blog boss Ian Toon).

Man you need to change your game as you know nowt about football ( note – not footy).
    Ladies rugby or netball would suit you better.

• Tsunki

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:55 PM

I wouldn’t touch him with a bargepole pole Tuff.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:55 PM

Ooops nearly forgot add Ladies wrestling to my suggested list.

• Tsunki

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:55 PM

Just a bargepole.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:00 AM

Bargepoles are very useful – as I found out last week on the narrow boat.
    Could also be used to ram down Jibs’ fat gob – keep him quiet for a while.

• Tsunki

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:00 AM

I’ve always found it entertaining when the guest Editors turn up to censure blog content and malign the very instrument that gives them an audience.

• Tsunki

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:04 AM

Tell you what Jib, seeing as you are so keen to curb the tedium caused by the international break – why not lavish us generously with you sabre-tipped wit and pithy observation in a few articles of your own originality? Oh, actually I see the problem already…

• Tsunki

Sep 6, 2016 at 12:05 AM

Just stick with the unintelligible foreign links they do it for me. 🙂

• manxpie

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:45 AM

so do i tsunki especially the one’s who read every article anyways but then say “oh what a misleading title”
    its as if it’s the first time they are on the internet!
    or football journalism as a whole and then post a link to exact same!!!
    ED gets a rough ride sometimes and its all ridiculous!!
    you know who you are!!

• Lindisfarne

Sep 6, 2016 at 7:01 AM

Top of the morning Blog B#tch#s.

Hopefully there is more of where that came from.

And a confident Ciaron Clark to boot.

• Jib

Sep 6, 2016 at 7:05 AM

Sorry Ed
    I thought I would cause a flurry of posts before retiring for the night , but a paltry 11 (mostly Tsunki preening in the mirror) tailing off at 1.45am is pretty poor.

• Tsunki

Sep 6, 2016 at 7:15 AM

Yeah jib. it’s called a “Belgian Dip”.

• Ron Knee

Sep 6, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Tsunki

You forgot to post the YouTube link!

• jimmysmith

Sep 6, 2016 at 7:54 AM

For all of Mitro’s promise and personality, not to mention his price tag, Murphy may well start. Certainly one of them anyway, with Gayle having to force his way into the side somewhere else, and quite possibly not succeeding. If we play one up top, which seems Benitez preference. Where does Gayle fit, if not as an option of the bench, when we are chasing or forcing, as he was at Palace

• jimmysmith

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:03 AM

I quite fancied Skirtel signing, but now very glad he didn’t. Straight red for stomping that, not just the second yellow he actually got, and then mocking the ref. What a dick! Human nature, right there on display, in all its miserable intent. I hate seeing that in football. It’s meant to elevate us.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:10 AM

Jimmy,
    Don’t say that, he has to start every game. I’ve got a hundred quid at ten to one on him being top scorer. And a goal a game so far should be enough to get him in the first eleven.

• magscar

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:16 AM

Jimmy@16

Until Goufran’s recent Renaissance I would have said on left but it gives Rafa another selection headache which I am sure he welcomes. I don’t think Murphy was bought purely as backup but to provide competition to Mitro. He will “rest” players as he has already shown with his captain.

• jimmysmith

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:19 AM

1000 quid, what’s that? Two, three days work for you on the rigs. Pocket change. You’ll get over it.

• Spoof

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:27 AM

I think Gayle will start and it’s up to Mitro and Murphy to force there way in, Rafa could go two up front if he feels that our opponents will park the bus, but away to Derby I would expect them to come at us so I would imagine that we will play with just the one striker and it will probably be Gayle seeing as Rafa does prefer a quick and mobile striker when he is only playing one up front.

Looking at our next few fixtures apart from the cup match we may have to wait until October before we see either Mitro or Murphy starting game, for now I would imagine they will be used as subs when/if we need to change things.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:28 AM

It’s amazing that people have questioned the fact that we have bought an Irish international and proven Championship striker, albeit an old one as healthy competition for our young unproven hot head when just a few short years ago we brought in Shefqi Kuki, not as competition but as someone to fill a shirt in the role of striker as it didn’t matter if we didn’t win as the bean counters had worked out we’d get forty points.