The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

What’s Newcastle’s Best Team For Derby?

8:53 pm, Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 88 Comments

Rafa Benitez now has options galore  for his Newcastle team and he is likely to make three or four changes for every game so that he uses the squad efficiently.

That keeps players fresh and doesn’t overplay them so they easily pick up injuries – which has happened so much in the past when we had very small squads with no strength in depth.

Rafa will be able to choose from a full squad for Saturday in the late game, because those players on International duty generally only played one game, although he may still want to give those players some extra rest.

Mohamed Diame – we expect this powerhouse to start the game

Here’s a possible side for Saturday in the familiar 4-2-3-1 formation

Anita Mbemba Lascelles (c) Gamez
Hayden Colback
Richie Diame Gouffran
Subs: Darlow Yedlin Clark Hanley Shelvey Mitrovic Perez

It is very difficult to even pick the subs because you have to leave out some really good players, but that’s what it’s like when you have a really strong squad like Newcastle have these days.

Anyway that’s a strong side and we’re pretty sure that Dwight Gayle will get a start.

And we think Rafa will start Shelvey at home in most of the games, where he is more likely to deliver like against Brighton and not go missing.

What side would you play at Derby County?

We have a tough game at Loftus Roan on Tuesday night and that game is already sold out.

We’ll see Rafa make some changes for that game and players like Dummett will likely come straight back into the side on Tuesday and start.

More than three in five fans think we can win this game.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Derby County?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · Match Preview · Newcastle News · Other News

88 responses so far ↓

• 1 Shadow_Shearer // Sep 7, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Anita lascelle mbemba gamez
    Hayden shelvey
    Ritchie gayle perez

• 2 rasul // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:00 PM

Ed go suck Gouffs di ck will yaa!! U f u cking snitch

• 3 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:00 PM

I’d probably hope to see Shelvey start ahead of Colback. Other than that, a case could be made for Yedlin to start, and absolutely no sign of Lazaar anywhere at all in the squad. I’d be surprised if both Hanley and Clark were on the bench ahead of him.

Gayle has to start, and I’d expect Rafa to go with that front 4, but he could opt to move Gayle to the left with Mitro through the middle. Wrong game to start with that though, so I expect that will be saved to either change the game, or for home games where Rafa gives the side more attacking freedom.

• 4 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Vydra will pose a different problem to Martin. Had Martin still been there, I’d have expected Hanley to start.

• 5 bettyswallocks // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Rasul……Who’ve you come as?

• 6 rasul // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:09 PM

He had it coming naming gouff in the starting line up ffs

• 7 AncientC // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:10 PM

The Elliot deal is a strange one, I am quite sure he had 3 to 4 years left on his deal as it was. I cannot think of any reason why he would need to be offered new terms, unless the club got him to sign a deal that is performance/fitness related.

• 8 Belfast // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:11 PM

I think Vydra only scored something like three goals last season on loan at Reading. I’m not sure what’s happened to him. I suppose getting dumped by your club straight after playing a major part in a promotion was like a kick in the balls.

• 9 Fostino // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:11 PM

One of the new lads will start…Yedlin. .Laazar or astu. My money would be on Yedlin. Anita in tbe middle instead of colback

• 10 WWSBRD // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Haha it seems not

I can see u being right about how it’ll go (though am not as confident on Woodmans future as u but I’ve barely seen him play). Still I can’t say Elliott is good enough to be at Newcastle, I don’t think he ever has been

• 11 WWSBRD // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Goofy deserves to start

• 12 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Do you give Rafa the same abuse as he has named Gouff in the starting line up a few times this season?

• 13 rasul // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:13 PM

Anyone lost intrest in Watching Newcastle ? Must have been the biggest fan, now im like , ehh shitty stream? radio ? Ill rather watch palace – sunderland if i have to choose between Newcastle – shit team shit football, its really 50-50 again if se win or not?!! Feel med??

• 14 rasul // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:15 PM

He startet with Gouff because he had no choiisee!! Rafa will not use him again mark my word. I remember i was excited when we bought him, he was the new zidane !! Hahahha

• 15 Fostino // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:15 PM

Elliot was in a pretty poor positon. He was on the wages of a 3rd choice keeper coming into the last year of his contract and low and behold he gets a horrific injury. It’s admirable that the toon have offered him a new contract and he must really be working his ass off to get better and improve team spirit too. I suspect his contract is by no means a huge one or anywhere near it considering his position but it’s nice to see the club reward a player who gave his all last season. Another sign that times are changing.

• 16 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:16 PM

If Woodman doesn’t progress, then he can be moved on leaving the same situation, just with Sels and Darlow instead.

He has done alright when called upon, which is all you can ask of a back up keeper. He certainly looks a far better keeper now then the one who made his debut conceding 3 in the league cup against Forest(?).

I think the club probably wanted a 2 or 3 year deal, but compromised to make sure they got the deal done. There may well be other clauses within which make the deal more favourable to the club if that is the case.

• 17 SUTTY1978 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Anita should only ever play at RB, not anywhere else.

• 18 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:18 PM

Best two players last two games Goufran and Diame and people want them dropped – don’t get the logic

• 19 rasul // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Ive got Anitas original shirt from the Sunderland game when that hobbit made the penalty! The green is actually stil on the shirt! Relax i have washed it! It wont go away?! Add me on facebook Shpetim Vitija wich is my real name ! I live in Norway. Ja jeg er Norsk. And Albania. The guy who got abused from Kolarov! And btw i didnt sue his sorry ass!

• 20 rasul // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:21 PM

And im ready to sell it! I can take pictures of it ! How i got it? He gave it to me he has a really nice heart, hard to not like him hehe

• 21 Jail for Ashley // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:23 PM

Was he not the best player against Brighton

• 22 Belfast // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:24 PM

Full moon tonight.

• 23 WWSBRD // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:24 PM

Ur a young un aren’t ya

I’ve heard good things about Woodman but never seen him play so I’ve no real opinion on him

As for Elliott he’s just not a very good keeper imo and he doesn’t push players as a back up but it’s done now hopefully he proves me wrong

• 24 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Can’t see Atsu starting, and he would be the only wide player to come in and replace Gouff. The only way I see Gouff not starting is if Mitro/Murphy starts, and Gayle is pushed to the left. That will happen a fair bit this season, Gayle moving wide, but can’t see it being done against Derby away to start the game.

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Perdona, you didn’t warrant a reply!

• 26 Belfast // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:26 PM

I’ll give you a fiver for it

• 27 rasul // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Wwwesrbd how did u know?? And whats up with that nick name? Win win win … Surley not parduuus recoord ?

• 28 AncientC // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:27 PM

Fostino, I believe you are confusing Elliot with Krul. Elliot was contracted until the summer of 2019. Krul was coming into the final year of his contract.

• 29 Belfast // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:27 PM

But I want free postage.

• 30 hibbit // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:27 PM

i think Elliott is a decent keeper who Rafa wants to keep at the club

do you honestly think Rafa just plucked a 4 year contract out thin air without knowing what he’s getting

of course you are allowed to criticize Rafa but it’s not like you to be so petty
    i happen to think Elliots worth keeping
    its not all about defend Rafa sometimes we will agree with him other time we will not it’s all about opinions

• 31 WWSBRD // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Just a guess bud

Not sure what u mean by the other bit tbh

• 32 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:30 PM

No, I agree, based on his overall abilities, he shouldn’t be pushing Sels and Darlow given the expectations that were upon them when they joined. But he can still be a capable back up.

I’m with you that I think 4 years is too long, but I think that Elliot will have pushed for that, and the club accepted knowing they had a fairly experienced senior back up who is settled at the club and won’t rock the boat.

It isn’t a sign of ambition, more one of pragmatism, but both have been lacking at the club over the last few years so it is nice to see.

• 33 Jail for Ashley // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:32 PM

Is my favourite poster, he just doesn’t like Blobby or Anita seemingly!

• 34 SUTTY1978 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:32 PM

Lil, playing out wide is why Gayle has been dropped by all the Palace managers. In theory he should be decent there, has good pace etc. But he’s not.
    He gets goals when he starts up top, he doesn’t do a lot when he starts anywhere else.
    If he’s going to start with one of the big lads & Gayle then it needs to be 442, which we know isn’t Rafa’s thing.

• 35 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:33 PM

It was tongue in cheek, and not a personal dig at you. Of course people can criticise Rafa, I know that wasn’t what you were suggesting, and sorry if you took offence to something that was just a throwaway remark.

As you will see from my posts that I think it is a sensible decision to keep him around, but I can also see the view that 4 years is a long time for a player who will more than likely be back up.

• 36 Belfast // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Well I’m gutted at that bombshell Jail.

• 37 WWSBRD // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Clearly ur right about Rafa wanting him to stay as he got a new contract, I never questioned that…in fact I think I said he couldn’t get everything right

As for the four years I’ve no idea who came up with that number but I imagine Elliott’s side had something to do with it, he will never get to a better club than ours so he’d want to be with us for as long as possible

I imagine Rafa has seen what he wants in Elliott but what’s that?

• 38 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:38 PM

When Gayle arrived, in his first interviews he said Rafa had spoken to him about both playing up front and out wide. He said he was happier up front, but had accepted that he will play wherever Rafa thinks is best for the team.

I’m not sure what he offers, unless you move to a narrow set up for the 3 behind, and turn it into more of a 433, where the full backs provide the width. That would be a far more fluid system – and as such one with more opportunity to go wrong, and I’d imagine saved for home games mainly.

The signing of two full backs who are very happy to get forward could be a hint towards playing like this. It would probably mean Hayden dropping to create a back 3 almost when the fullbacks push.

• 39 SUTTY1978 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:39 PM

I can’t see how Benitez can sanction a 4 year contract for someone he has never seen play. Seems odd. Well at least it’s not as contentious as the Colo contract last summer
    Personally not too fussed either way, he’s been much better than expected when he has come in and is probably better than the younger Darlow at the moment. On the -ve side he’s very injury prone, which isn’t ideal for someone who should always be available as back up!

• 40 Jail for Ashley // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:40 PM

I disagree, I see it as a total sign of ambition. Please list a keeper we would have been capable as signing as a second/third choice. In fact name any club that has an international keeper that would have represented his nation at the Euros had he have been fit.

• 41 WWSBRD // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Again ur probably right and we hopefully will rarely see Elliott play but 4 years is a long time…should of just let his contract run and when it was up bring in someone else

But it’s done now good luck to him though I still think he’s pretty poor

Haha thanx…is blobby Ashley or Elliott there?

• 42 Jib // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Good footy craic
    Some great thoughts on what we need against Derby
    Jail just think about shopping
    Footy ain’t you’re thing

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:42 PM

As second/third choice

• 44 jimmysmith // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:43 PM

It would have been interesting had Pardew been given the same rope as Benitez. I know we aren’t talking the same calibre of manager, but still, mighty short leash he was on. If the club had wanted the security of mid table finishes, that would have been its better bet in hindsight.

• 45 welshgeordie9 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:43 PM

Jail sounds like a nagging wife.

• 46 Jail for Ashley // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Except for NI

• 47 SUTTY1978 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:44 PM

It’s certainly going to be interesting how Rafa utilises the squad and changes his tactics for games. It’s such a refreshing change to have a manager who can alter things around to suit the opposition and isn’t afraid to drop or swap players based on performances or who we are facing. Certainly makes the opposition managers job more difficult!

• 48 welshgeordie9 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:44 PM

In offence

Ha ha ha

• 49 welshgeordie9 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:46 PM

No offence

• 50 Jail for Ashley // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Enlighten us, if we weren’t trying to win a cup, what were we trying to win?

• 51 jimmysmith // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Elliot loves Newcastle. He could be first choice at a run of the mill Championship club, or in the mix at a beautiful one. It’s not a tough choice for him unless an Epl side comes in offering first team football.

• 52 welshgeordie9 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:48 PM

Gourffran is a legend, well he’s a good player anyway.

• 53 welshgeordie9 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:49 PM

That’s easy, how about the championship, just a thought like.

• 54 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Was Elliot not only Irish first choice because of injuries himself? After all, the game he started and got injured in was his first start for Ireland in about 2 years…. With just 2 sub appearances in-between.

He has hardly been a mainstay of the Republic side or squad.

• 55 welshgeordie9 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Don’t know about this weekend, take a draw against Derby this weekend.

• 56 WWSBRD // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:50 PM

We didnt buy Elliott as an international keeper, he got called up because we signed him

• 57 SUTTY1978 // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:53 PM

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to tout Elliot as an international keeper. He’s only had 4 appearances for ROI and the dearth of talent in Irish keepers is shocking. I think the Faroe Islands probably have more quality keepers than the Irish!

• 58 Tsunki // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:56 PM

In case Ians latest flatulent diatribe was missed, here’s some gem of an extract regarding his cosy canoodlng with his favourite, much-maligned silver-haired dinner thief –

“Having met him a few times he is no shrinking violet who would be influenced by load mouth scumbag members of action groups. I am not suggesting all were like that- far from it.”

Wow. Our tree-hugging festival of faeces Ian Toon blows the dust off his anti-crew/mob/assortment/rabble/mass blunder buss once more for old times sake. What a gas-filled blimp of guff.

• 59 Jail for Ashley // Sep 7, 2016 at 9:59 PM

I guess you think you’ve served your purgatory after your borlox this afternoon. Good NUFC discussion all evening, I’ll leave you and squelch to enrich the discussion.

• 60 jimmysmith // Sep 7, 2016 at 10:25 PM

I’d prefer he continue to find a place for Perez somewhere, considering he’s potentially our best talent, and this the year to see if he can find his best and most consistent form. I’d play him on the left in front of Lazaar, switching sides with Ritchie throughout, although being away it’s more likely to be Dummett and Gouffran, which would be fair enough. Mitro up top. Newcastle isn’t Newcastle to me without a big goal threat from crosses, and Gamez at right back, now that he’s been blooded.

• 61 jimmysmith // Sep 7, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Tiote still around? If he stays he should rotate with Hayden, and get twenty odd games. No way he isn’t capable of having a big impact for us, and then leave a free agent, to secure his own best terms. Surely he can be sold that.

• 62 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Perez is an interesting one. If he is potentially our biggest talent, it is more indicative of the dearth that we have, rather than his ability. Not saying he isn’t talented, but I really struggle to find a role for him. There is a lot to like about him, but he seems to miss key attributes for most roles, meaning he will continue to struggle to find a settled spot.

At the minute, I think he is best suited to a narrow front 3. In a 4231, he doesn’t really suit, or fit any of the roles. Hopefully he is working on his core strength, and speed of play, those two aspects let him down at the minute. If he improves those, then he could and should really kick on.

• 63 jimmysmith // Sep 7, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Yes, Newcastle fans are a breed unto themselves. Salt of the earth to a man. Like the one who at that moment when he didn’t have a Sunderland fan at hand to punch in the face, punched a police horse in the face instead, as one example. Pardew was Ashley’s proxy, and so took levels of abuse that even his culpable boss didn’t deserve.

• 64 wynsleap // Sep 7, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Ed Please!
    NO Colback. This guy offers us nothing. No creativity, no goals, no speed, no incisive passing and some wild tackling. Too easily turned too when faced with a fast tricky forward. Shelvey for me every time (Until we make our next big midfield acquisition).
    Have to disagree with Gamez too. Would like to see Lazaar in the side even if its only for the last half an hour after Dummett is replaced.

• 65 jimmysmith // Sep 7, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Perez needs a bit of what Ritchie’s got, a bit more drive and determination, and yes more weight to throw around would certainly help. He still looks like a schoolboy out there at times, but I do think he has terrific talent and does run.

• 66 Ian Toon // Sep 7, 2016 at 10:54 PM

Jimmy- Perez has not developed as I expected. I saw him away at Spurs in December and he was excellent. When I’ve seen him since he seems quite often to be easily knocked off the ball and he’s been ineffectual. It might just be a confidence thing but he’s flattered to deceive. He’s got talent but needs to be more consistent.

• 67 Ian Toon // Sep 7, 2016 at 10:56 PM

Ritchie- His technical ability is first class. His control is very good . Not quick but his early delivery into the box is a godsend for ST.

• 68 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 7, 2016 at 10:57 PM

He has undoubted ability, but he often holds onto the ball that half second too long which, given his slight physical nature, means he gets bullied off it. Time is still on his side, but you would really be looking for him to force his way in and nail down a slot in the first team to make his this year. Hopefully he will. So far it looks like Rafa sees him as a number 10.

• 69 Belfast // Sep 7, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Tsunki stop stirring that pot and work on yer retirement speech.

Goodnight 🙂

• 70 jimmysmith // Sep 7, 2016 at 11:04 PM

Yes he has his weaknesses, and he needs to eradicate them, but at this early stage of the season, and having the shirt, I really don’t want to see him lose it to a player on loan, or a player in the last year of his contract, or an inside forward picked out of position, and so lose this opportunity to kick on as he seems capable. He seems a player that can be effective anywhere across the frontline. Anyway, with a the rotation, and number of games, he’ll see plenty of action regardless.

• 71 brklyngeordie // Sep 8, 2016 at 3:53 AM

Never seen you post on here but I see u say u are Albanian, I am too. The way you come off is not a good look for us surely u can write in a more appropriate way then your first post.

If you really are Albanian write a post @ me in Albanian because I’m a little skeptical

• 72 expatmag // Sep 8, 2016 at 4:18 AM

Best team for Derby

Same as the Brighton line up with Gayle in for Perez

• 73 expatmag // Sep 8, 2016 at 4:20 AM

If he is Albanian, he should know the name of the Albanian international centre forward who plays for Melbourne Victory in the Australian A league.

• 74 expatmag // Sep 8, 2016 at 4:26 AM

Some players nay have had difficult long trips during the international break and Rafa may gave to rest some of them, especially the African lads.

He nay well look at the lads who didnt go away and start them. Yedlin was in the Caribbean so I would give him more time.

Possible team could be

Anita Hanley Lascelles Dummett
    Hayden Shelvey
    Ritchie Perez Gouffran

Subs: Sels Mbemba lazaars Mitrovic Murphy Atsu Colback

• 75 cyprus // Sep 8, 2016 at 4:37 AM

re Perez I am not too sure if I got it right when I called him our most talented player. He was amazing in his debut year, hard to take away the ball from him, close control, vision and goals.

I’m not sure why he’s stalled. Maybe it’s what you said: which if any is his best position?

Anyway, contract renewed I believe, so he must be doing something right.

• 76 Chancel be a fine thing // Sep 8, 2016 at 4:49 AM

hey Brooklyn, is this Albanian:
    Mas iftarit qikjo a ha
    Shum bukur

• 77 ron burgundy // Sep 8, 2016 at 5:30 AM

the best team against derby should be a winning team

• 78 hate // Sep 8, 2016 at 5:50 AM

Talking about a “really strong squad” and put Jack Colback into starting lineup… hmmm

• 79 Veltman // Sep 8, 2016 at 6:12 AM

rasul means ‘prophet’ in other languages and in Arabic.I guess he was drunk appearing unusually and posting those bizarre comments..
    Very happy for Sissoko for making that move.
    Hope he thrives and shows he’s worth it.Some said he is a waste of money without seeing him play for them.What a lot of tosh.I think Potchetino finds someone the team lacks,power and pace.He wanted to play at a higher level as he is always regular for club and country.Why blame him whatever it is.Good luck to him.Some still burrying their head in the sand for making that move everyday of the week.

• 80 Lindisfarne // Sep 8, 2016 at 6:50 AM

Totally agree with you about Sissoko but he could have got the move quietly, without all the press statements. If he is good enough his talent should speak for itself rather than being unseemly towards the club that was putting food into his childrens mouths.

• 81 firebug666 // Sep 8, 2016 at 6:53 AM

I’m not to bothered that Elliot has a new 4 year deal, 2 years may have been better, but he is not bad when he plays, and has IMO a better distribution than Krul, though I think Krul is the better stopper.

I guess this deal means that Krul wants out and will be off at the end of the season, hence the 1 year deal he got. That will leave us with Sels, Elliot and Darlow, Woodman may not be ready for the step up at the moment.

Darlow looks comfortable in goal now he is over his early days jitters, Elliot is a challenger and so gives his all when he gets the chance and Sels is still finding his feet in England, he looked nervous and made a few mistakes early on, but seems to be growing into the team, still makes me uneasy though when he starts flapping at the ball.

Sels needs to catch more and punch less, especially as his punching normally give the ball to the opposition in or around our box.

Out of the three Darlow would be the starter for me, a confident young keeper who’s all round game is much better than the other two.

• 82 Veltman // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Lindisfarne – Good morning.
    I’m not too fussed about what he said in the media.He spouted publicly because he was too desperate.I took it as something coming from- like a young fella telling everything he feels to everyone.To decide he is a waste of money tho, without kicking a ball is something coming from poor pundits and poor observers.It would have been more sensible, as you put it,if he could make his voices ‘low profile’.

• 83 Jib // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:34 AM

I find hard to understand why the club and Rafa have left the Cheik Tioté situation unresolved.
    In mid July the Abu Dhabi club Al Jazira seemed to have beaten Watford for his signature with a £800,000 bid said to be not a million miles away from what was needed and the clubs very close to an agreement.
    The fiasco in Turkey would seem to demonstrate a willingness to leave.
    The Gulf clubs still have 12 days until the window shuts so it could still happen I guess.

• 84 firebug666 // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:42 AM

It’s not Rafa or the club, as you have pointed out they have accepted offers for him, but Tiote has failed to agree personal terms with them.

• 85 Slank // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:42 AM

I think Rafa will stick very much with the team that beat Brighton.

I would be very surprised if he starts with Murphy, Yedlin, Lazaar or Atsu but he likes to ring the changes and these four must be itching to play for their new club.

Anita Mbemba Lascelles Dummitt
    Hayden Diame Shelvey
    Ritchie Mitrovic Gayle

• 86 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:48 AM

Yup, contract renewed. Let’s hope Rafa can help him progress into the player most of us hoped he would be after his initial run in the team.

• 87 Jib // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:59 AM

In February 2011 when Tioté had been here 18 months Pardew (or whoever) gave him a 6 and a half year contract extension.
    I guess no one wants to match his £40K per week.
    A weird month that was – we also signed Stephen Ireland Shefqi Kuqi and Hatem ben Arfa’s loan was turnd into a permanent deal while he was still recovering from a double leg fracture.

• 88 rn2016 // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:01 AM