Moussa Sissoko Interested In Everton Move

Everton manager Ronald Koeman has today said that Moussa Sissoko told him 10 days before the end of the transfer window that he was interested in a move to Goodison Park.

But what Ronald didn’t know was that Moussa at that point was interested in any move to get him away from St. James’ Park so a player of his substantial ability didn’t have to play in England’s second division with Newcastle.

Anything but that.

moussa sissoko

Moussa Sissoko after signing on at Spurs

And then of course Everton came in for him on August 31st and bid the then asking price of £30M for him.

Tottenham had earlier that day refused to meet Newcastle’s price after initially bidding £15M, but came in and met the asking price once Everton met the price.

After that Koeman found out that Moussa didn’t really want to join Everton when a bigger club who had qualified for the Champions League wanted him.

But Newcastle fans know all about Moussa Sissoko and that came as no shock at all.

This is what Koeman said about the Everton transfer window:

“Overall positive, because we signed some good players, of course though we had a disappointment on the last day.”

“That happens in football because you don’t get always what you like to have – it was not in our hands with Moussa Sissoko, he chose finally a different option…we did everything to get the player.”

“I did not have the meeting with his agents. From the outside, it was difficult.”

“I spoke to the player, I think it was 10 days before the last day of the window and the player showed his interest in coming to Everton.”

“Then, finally, everyone knows what happened…I thought that was the player for us, what we needed at that moment. Then the picture was totally perfect.”

“I think it is also now more difficult than ever to sign players: the money, the salaries, the agents.”

“You see what happened on the last day, with clubs signing players, doing big transfers.”

“You can ask why today and why not three weeks ago?”

Moussa refused to take phone calls from Koeman after he had agreed to join Everton, as he diverted to Tottenham and signed for them.

As far as Everton knew he was supposed to be on his way to Goodison Park to take a medical and sign for the Toffees.

Newcastle are well rid of Moussa Sissoko – we glad he left Newcastle.

• WWSBRD

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Is that not rapping up?

• cyprus

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Let’s bash this ex player now, Ed!
    Come on man let him be. We got our 30 mil, howay.

Bye for tonight.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:12 PM

It may or may not be a blessing in disguise Ronnie.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Ian,
    Your mention earlier, of it being able to be faked; the whole multiple poster thing, has got me intrigued. How would someone go about this? I could guess at a couple of ways: an account being hacked by someone else or an account created that was used to suggest you were talking to yourself. I am assuming you are saying that the pushy account was someone else who was saying those things to make it look like you were a multiple poster making a mistake in talking to themselves. Please correct me If I am am wrong.

• Jib

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Jane what do you think ?

Well I’m not sure Jeff

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Chancel,
    Who ever you may be, some turd called PPB who used to be a regular poster here but then disappeared for years tried to stitch Ian up, sorry carl, by pretending to answer to himself, Ian has jumped on this to mask his own slip up years ago, difference is though Pushy and Ian knew each other outside the blog, apparently, well I guess they would.

• WWSBRD

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Also who would pick Everton over CL Spurs? Howay

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Jib,
    If we weren’t trying to win cups, what were we trying to win. Why did you accuse me of distorting facts then blatantly refuse to answer my question.

• cyprus

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Ok last post having read that Ed.

Where exactly does it say agreed. Interest is really not the same, surely you’ll agree there. Ronald seems to stoically accept the reality of this transfer business. It’s about agents and money.

Smell the coffee, as they say in Trump land. Apologies for the political dig ;). I know you guys won’t go THAT far.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Hibbitt
    His age doesn’t surprise me as he looked more mature than the others. First time I’ve seen him. I noticed he was a big unit but mobile. I don’t recall much else. Interesting. One to watch.

• Legolas

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM

By the way, someone has to be a little bit cuckoo to have a multiple account so they can agree with themselves or to discredit another poster. I dont know how someone would have the time or inclination to do that. I would forget to switch over. Haha.

• cyprus

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Good night Ed and all

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Legolas,
    I thought this was just for football discussion, didn’t you mention that?

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Nice one Jeff. laughing face would be here if I had the skills

• Belfast

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Cyprus the picture isn’t me – It’s a handsome Danish guy called Jesper who was a much valued poster on the blog.

You probably had some disagreements with him – most people did. 🙂

#BringBackJesper

• WWSBRD

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Legolas
    Internet trolls bud this kind of thing is very common place, never seen Catfish?

• Ibizatoon

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Anyway, it’s been delightful, as always.

Until next time folks.

• Average_Contents

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Oh look, ibizatoons running again….:-)

• Legolas

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Jail,

Yes, I did. However, posters are talking about it and I was trying to lift the mood a bit. My bad. What do you think the team will be on Saturday?

WWSBRD,

I am not wanting to upset jail or anyone else by not keeping it to football Craic but no mate I haven’t. What is it ?

No mate

• Average_Contents

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM

😉

• Ibizatoon

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM

It’s the embarrassment Average. I just can’t handle it!

Hope all’s well, ya ….

• Chancel be a fine thing

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM

thanks Jail, That’s cleared things up some. I was thinking that if someone created a false account, posted on it for some time, then sprung the multiple set-up post; such malicious cunning would be wasted on this blog, surely an adversary for batman would be more suitable.

• Vask

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Boohoo Koeman. Should have stumped up the cash three weeks before, then perhaps he’d have signed for youse.

I’m looking forward to Saturday. Derby away, should be interesting.

• WWSBRD

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Leoglas
    Don’t worry about Jail haha

It’s a tv show about catfishing (where u pretend to be someone else on the internet) it’s the one reality show I watch

• BandB

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:55 PM

I can see why are convinced that a certain poster is pulling off a none-too-subtle trick with glove puppets.
    I can also see that much of the kick for him must come from watching people bark and snarl at each of the puppets in turn like a daft dog yapping at its own reflection.

• Vask

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Catfish with the guy called Nev but pronounces it niamh. Been carrying that for a while.

Back to Koeman and Everton. I reckon he dodged a bullet anyway. Still got Oviedo, good player.

• Legolas

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:00 PM

WWSBRD,

Thanks, I may have to check that out. What a sheltered life I live. Lol.

• WWSBRD

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Legolas
    It’s good, nothing to do with football like but God none the less

• Vask

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Any one willing to guess the final score and scorers for this weekend’s match?

• MadisonToon

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:30 PM

My desired team changes every time I think about it – which makes it fun to think about. Currently, I’d go with this:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sels
    . Yedlin . Mbemba . Lascelles . Lazaar
    . . . . . . . . . Hayden . . Shelvey
    . . . Ritchie . . . . . Diame . . . . . . Atsu
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mitrovic

I like Mitro and want him to come back into the side after being out for a bit – Gayle would then likely come on at 60.

Gouffran is alright, but I really want to see Atsu, especially when we are away from home and pace on the counter could be critical.

Yedlin will be our starting RB eventually, hopefully that’s a quick transition. Anita has played well there and I like him there better than elsewhere, but again we are away from home and will need pace and some opportunities on overlaps which Anita won’t provide but Yedlin will. Unfortunately, I think his defensive positioning isn’t as good and he is apt to get caught out so unless Rafa thinks he can rein him in, he’ll likely opt differently there.

• Vask

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Yes, but what will the score be?

• Vask

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:43 PM

Vask

It’s a tough one to call but if the team that beat Brighton show up I’ll go for a 1-2 victory possibly by q larger margin.

• dok - the horrid colonial

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:49 PM

BandB @25,

can I bark like a big dog?

woof woof 🙂

• dok - the horrid colonial

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:50 PM

vask,

Ill bite hahaha… 3-1 toon… mitro, gayle and shelvey…

• Vask

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Ok now I’m worried about our over confidence. P’raps I’ll change my prediction to a 1-1 draw. Hard fought of course.

• MadisonToon

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:18 PM

I would agree with dok: 3-1 going with Mitro for 2 and Ritchie for 1.

• Vask

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:28 PM

I’m thinking this weekend would be a good time for diame to get off the mark. Here’s hoping.

• welshgeordie9

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:51 PM

3-1, bit optimistic aren’t you, it’s going to be a tough match, if we win its going to be by a single goal.

• jimmysmith

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:58 PM

Hobbit, in response to your earlier post to me. I don’t view Pardew as an innocent victim. He’s not blameless, obviously. Didn’t have the gravitas to get what was needed for the team from the owner, chose instead to get on with his inadequate remit and did so reasonably capably, who knows, maybe he believed Ashley would finally come good with the finances, but ultimately lost the support of the fans and rightly went. He should certainly have said more in my opinion, he should have walked earlier in protest if he couldn’t persuade the owner to alter the approach. He hung on too long. Some say he was complicit, I don’t even accept that Ashley had to be cynical, just that he was certainly wrong. That’s essentially Pardew at Newcastle for me. Ashley’s Newcastle.

Tsunki also, wriggle really isn’t the right word at all. It’s all there as you say, and was a directed criticism of a small element the fan base that gets abusive and even violent, of which I dislike. It was not a generalisation quite clearly. Boo all you like, wave handkerchiefs, throw cushions on to the pitch, unify and boycott, all good ways to show dissatisfaction and affect change, and all things I’ve encouraged on here, but don’t hurl vulgarities in public at an employee of the club because you think he’s complicit or because he’s just handy, and don’t roam the city streets with a skinful looking for a ruck because of it.

• jimmysmith

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Hibbit, of course, apologies.