The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Moussa Sissoko Interested In Everton Move

7:09 pm, Thursday, September 8th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 116 Comments

Everton manager Ronald Koeman has today said that Moussa Sissoko told him 10 days before the end of the transfer window that he was interested in a move to Goodison Park.

But what Ronald didn’t know was that Moussa at that point was interested in any move to get him away from St. James’ Park so a player of his substantial ability didn’t have to play in England’s second division with Newcastle.

Anything but that.

moussa sissoko

Moussa Sissoko after signing on at Spurs

And then of course Everton came in for him on August 31st and bid the then asking price of £30M for him.

Tottenham had earlier that day refused to meet Newcastle’s price after initially bidding £15M, but came in and met the asking price once Everton met the price.

After that Koeman found out that Moussa didn’t really want to join Everton when a bigger club who had qualified for the Champions League wanted him.

But Newcastle fans know all about Moussa Sissoko and that came as no shock at all.

This is what Koeman said about the Everton transfer window:

“Overall positive, because we signed some good players, of course though we had a disappointment on the last day.”

“That happens in football because you don’t get always what you like to have – it was not in our hands with Moussa Sissoko, he chose finally a different option…we did everything to get the player.”

“I did not have the meeting with his agents. From the outside, it was difficult.”

“I spoke to the player, I think it was 10 days before the last day of the window and the player showed his interest in coming to Everton.”

“Then, finally, everyone knows what happened…I thought that was the player for us, what we needed at that moment. Then the picture was totally perfect.”

“I think it is also now more difficult than ever to sign players: the money, the salaries, the agents.”

“You see what happened on the last day, with clubs signing players, doing big transfers.”

“You can ask why today and why not three weeks ago?”

Moussa refused to take phone calls from Koeman after he had agreed to join Everton, as he diverted to Tottenham and signed for them.

As far as Everton knew he was supposed to be on his way to Goodison Park to take a medical and sign for the Toffees.

Newcastle are well rid of Moussa Sissoko – we glad he left Newcastle.

Tags: Financials · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Other News · Transfer News and Rumours

116 responses so far ↓

• 1 WWSBRD // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Is that not rapping up?

• 2 cyprus // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Let’s bash this ex player now, Ed!
    Come on man let him be. We got our 30 mil, howay.

Bye for tonight.

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:12 PM

It may or may not be a blessing in disguise Ronnie.

• 4 Chancel be a fine thing // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Your mention earlier, of it being able to be faked; the whole multiple poster thing, has got me intrigued. How would someone go about this? I could guess at a couple of ways: an account being hacked by someone else or an account created that was used to suggest you were talking to yourself. I am assuming you are saying that the pushy account was someone else who was saying those things to make it look like you were a multiple poster making a mistake in talking to themselves. Please correct me If I am am wrong.

• 5 Jib // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Jane what do you think ?

Well I’m not sure Jeff

• 6 Jail for Ashley // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Who ever you may be, some turd called PPB who used to be a regular poster here but then disappeared for years tried to stitch Ian up, sorry carl, by pretending to answer to himself, Ian has jumped on this to mask his own slip up years ago, difference is though Pushy and Ian knew each other outside the blog, apparently, well I guess they would.

• 7 WWSBRD // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Also who would pick Everton over CL Spurs? Howay

• 8 Jail for Ashley // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:25 PM

If we weren’t trying to win cups, what were we trying to win. Why did you accuse me of distorting facts then blatantly refuse to answer my question.

• 9 cyprus // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Ok last post having read that Ed.

Where exactly does it say agreed. Interest is really not the same, surely you’ll agree there. Ronald seems to stoically accept the reality of this transfer business. It’s about agents and money.

Smell the coffee, as they say in Trump land. Apologies for the political dig ;). I know you guys won’t go THAT far.

• 10 Blackley and Brownlie // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM

His age doesn’t surprise me as he looked more mature than the others. First time I’ve seen him. I noticed he was a big unit but mobile. I don’t recall much else. Interesting. One to watch.

• 11 Legolas // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM

By the way, someone has to be a little bit cuckoo to have a multiple account so they can agree with themselves or to discredit another poster. I dont know how someone would have the time or inclination to do that. I would forget to switch over. Haha.

• 12 cyprus // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Good night Ed and all

• 13 Jail for Ashley // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:27 PM

I thought this was just for football discussion, didn’t you mention that?

• 14 Chancel be a fine thing // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Nice one Jeff. laughing face would be here if I had the skills

• 15 Belfast // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Cyprus the picture isn’t me – It’s a handsome Danish guy called Jesper who was a much valued poster on the blog.

You probably had some disagreements with him – most people did. 🙂

• 16 WWSBRD // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Internet trolls bud this kind of thing is very common place, never seen Catfish?

• 17 Ibizatoon // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Anyway, it’s been delightful, as always.

Until next time folks.

• 18 Average_Contents // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Oh look, ibizatoons running again….:-)

• 19 Legolas // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Yes, I did. However, posters are talking about it and I was trying to lift the mood a bit. My bad. What do you think the team will be on Saturday?

I am not wanting to upset jail or anyone else by not keeping it to football Craic but no mate I haven’t. What is it ?

No mate

• 20 Average_Contents // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM

• 21 Ibizatoon // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM

It’s the embarrassment Average. I just can’t handle it!

Hope all’s well, ya ….

• 22 Chancel be a fine thing // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM

thanks Jail, That’s cleared things up some. I was thinking that if someone created a false account, posted on it for some time, then sprung the multiple set-up post; such malicious cunning would be wasted on this blog, surely an adversary for batman would be more suitable.

• 23 Vask // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Boohoo Koeman. Should have stumped up the cash three weeks before, then perhaps he’d have signed for youse.

I’m looking forward to Saturday. Derby away, should be interesting.

• 24 WWSBRD // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Don’t worry about Jail haha

It’s a tv show about catfishing (where u pretend to be someone else on the internet) it’s the one reality show I watch

• 25 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:55 PM

I can see why are convinced that a certain poster is pulling off a none-too-subtle trick with glove puppets.
    I can also see that much of the kick for him must come from watching people bark and snarl at each of the puppets in turn like a daft dog yapping at its own reflection.

• 26 Vask // Sep 8, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Catfish with the guy called Nev but pronounces it niamh. Been carrying that for a while.

Back to Koeman and Everton. I reckon he dodged a bullet anyway. Still got Oviedo, good player.

• 27 Legolas // Sep 8, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Thanks, I may have to check that out. What a sheltered life I live. Lol.

• 28 WWSBRD // Sep 8, 2016 at 8:06 PM

It’s good, nothing to do with football like but God none the less

• 29 Vask // Sep 8, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Any one willing to guess the final score and scorers for this weekend’s match?

• 30 MadisonToon // Sep 8, 2016 at 8:30 PM

My desired team changes every time I think about it – which makes it fun to think about. Currently, I’d go with this:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sels
    . Yedlin . Mbemba . Lascelles . Lazaar
    . . . . . . . . . Hayden . . Shelvey
    . . . Ritchie . . . . . Diame . . . . . . Atsu
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mitrovic

I like Mitro and want him to come back into the side after being out for a bit – Gayle would then likely come on at 60.

Gouffran is alright, but I really want to see Atsu, especially when we are away from home and pace on the counter could be critical.

Yedlin will be our starting RB eventually, hopefully that’s a quick transition. Anita has played well there and I like him there better than elsewhere, but again we are away from home and will need pace and some opportunities on overlaps which Anita won’t provide but Yedlin will. Unfortunately, I think his defensive positioning isn’t as good and he is apt to get caught out so unless Rafa thinks he can rein him in, he’ll likely opt differently there.

• 31 Vask // Sep 8, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Yes, but what will the score be?

• 32 Vask // Sep 8, 2016 at 8:43 PM

It’s a tough one to call but if the team that beat Brighton show up I’ll go for a 1-2 victory possibly by q larger margin.

• 33 dok - the horrid colonial // Sep 8, 2016 at 8:49 PM

BandB @25,

can I bark like a big dog?

woof woof 🙂

• 34 dok - the horrid colonial // Sep 8, 2016 at 8:50 PM

Ill bite hahaha… 3-1 toon… mitro, gayle and shelvey…

• 35 Vask // Sep 8, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Ok now I’m worried about our over confidence. P’raps I’ll change my prediction to a 1-1 draw. Hard fought of course.

• 36 MadisonToon // Sep 8, 2016 at 9:18 PM

I would agree with dok: 3-1 going with Mitro for 2 and Ritchie for 1.

• 37 Vask // Sep 8, 2016 at 9:28 PM

I’m thinking this weekend would be a good time for diame to get off the mark. Here’s hoping.

• 38 welshgeordie9 // Sep 8, 2016 at 9:51 PM

3-1, bit optimistic aren’t you, it’s going to be a tough match, if we win its going to be by a single goal.

• 39 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 9:58 PM

Hobbit, in response to your earlier post to me. I don’t view Pardew as an innocent victim. He’s not blameless, obviously. Didn’t have the gravitas to get what was needed for the team from the owner, chose instead to get on with his inadequate remit and did so reasonably capably, who knows, maybe he believed Ashley would finally come good with the finances, but ultimately lost the support of the fans and rightly went. He should certainly have said more in my opinion, he should have walked earlier in protest if he couldn’t persuade the owner to alter the approach. He hung on too long. Some say he was complicit, I don’t even accept that Ashley had to be cynical, just that he was certainly wrong. That’s essentially Pardew at Newcastle for me. Ashley’s Newcastle.

Tsunki also, wriggle really isn’t the right word at all. It’s all there as you say, and was a directed criticism of a small element the fan base that gets abusive and even violent, of which I dislike. It was not a generalisation quite clearly. Boo all you like, wave handkerchiefs, throw cushions on to the pitch, unify and boycott, all good ways to show dissatisfaction and affect change, and all things I’ve encouraged on here, but don’t hurl vulgarities in public at an employee of the club because you think he’s complicit or because he’s just handy, and don’t roam the city streets with a skinful looking for a ruck because of it.

• 40 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Hibbit, of course, apologies.

• 41 Vask // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:02 PM

I watched a little of Derby earlier in the season maybe against leeds or villa. I saw nothing too much to fear.

• 42 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:06 PM

It’s rather tragic that after years of thinking out loud to no-one in particular about your innermost turmoil over the direction of the club, you got slaughtered today simply for suggesting that true fans should rather punch a horse in lieu of a Mackem than get a tiny bit frustrated with a manager.
    Luckily those brutes you condemn were a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny minority.

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:08 PM

All those ships we built, all those millions of tons of coal dug and, those life changing inventions our engineers made, one guy punches a horse?

• 44 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:09 PM

Didn’t get slaughtered BandB. I’m ok, and did take the point about not being there and so not best placed.

• 45 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:10 PM

You did get slaughtered jimmy.

• 46 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Jail, there’s a good way to go about it, and a not so good. That’s about it.

• 47 welshgeordie9 // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:13 PM

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.

• 48 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:13 PM

You looked like a man a long, long way away for a long, long time pontificating about stuff you know absolutely nothing about.
    In support of someone who chose to notice you for utterly cringeworthy reasons.

• 49 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Doesn’t feel like it to me, and I encourage anyone whose curious to trawl back and make there own judgement.

• 50 Jail for Ashley // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:14 PM

One guy Jimmy not a nation!

• 51 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:15 PM

In fact, if I may be so bold, you almost sounded like Slank 🙂

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:21 PM

A monkey got hung back in the 1800’s, a whole town witnessed and approved it. One drunken idiot punched a horse Jimmy.

• 53 welshgeordie9 // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Who punched a horse, when did that happen, why am i the last one to know.

• 54 Vask // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:25 PM

So why was it getting bigger welshone?

• 55 welshgeordie9 // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Can’t believe Ed is banging on about sissoko again, little stirrer.

Ha ha ha

• 56 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Jail, it’s more than one guy punching a horse, but it is a small minority, and it isn’t great to diminish it, or to dismiss it as just part of an end to justify a means.

• 57 welshgeordie9 // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:29 PM

-I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.

Ha ha ha

I really should be on a stage

• 58 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:30 PM

Was the guy who punched the horse wearing a Sack Pardew teeshirt Jim?
    Yes or no?

• 59 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:30 PM

Out of town….

• 60 bettyswallocks // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Maybe the horse was being abusive and deserved to be punched.

• 61 welshgeordie9 // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:39 PM

Now now honey, don’t be like that.

• 62 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:39 PM

BandB, that’s about as relevant as asking if he was wearing a dress. The original point was about the correctness of the extreme levels of abuse aimed at Pardew, in the ground, by some. The guy punching the horse, is one example among countless of fans up and down the country, this one one of ours, behaving poorly and doing no good at all.

• 63 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:43 PM

You conflated the horse punching incident as indicative of the mentality of those who had had enough of Pardew.
    It was a pig ignorant argument and you should admit it instead of squirming.

• 64 welshgeordie9 // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:43 PM

I remember the abuse Pardew had, fans chanting, that was a waste of time, especially bringing in carver to replace him.

• 65 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Anyway, you have at least gained an Ian.
    Well done!

• 66 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:50 PM

BandB, the example was made to show that Newcastle fans are not a breed unto themselves, and not to a man the salt of the earth, as was also demonstrated by the extreme abuse by some in the ground. No squirming nor wriggling, and there won’t be.

• 67 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:50 PM

I imagine you’ll be telling the Crown Court one day soon that’s your normal chat up line for girl’s you’ve dragged into bushes.

• 68 welshgeordie9 // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:52 PM

With my welsh charm and awesome looks, don’t need to drag them anywhere.

• 69 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:53 PM

Ian’s football related posts are very good.

• 70 simon376 // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:53 PM

My relative who told me when he was up in the north east from kent about a month ago goes way back wih Pardew. When Pardew was playing, at one point he was his Manager and coach, he stayed mates with Pardew and his wife, he worked alongside him as a coach at West Ham, then when Pardew left, he became Curbishleys assistant at West Ham, same as he was at Charlton, again, once managed Curbs as well. So guessing it wont be too hard to work out who I’m talking about, his son used to play for us back in early 90’s. So the story isnt made up, I think Pardew gets a bit of a rough deal from us fans, but I know we could have always done better, we have now at last. Mind you, can see where Jail came from few threads back about him signing an 8 year contract known us fans were being conned, but if we put ourselves in same position and maybe not a fan, sure we all would have signed the contract as well

• 71 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:58 PM

I prefer Ian to you Jimmy.
    He isn’t an apologist’s apologist.

• 72 welshgeordie9 // Sep 8, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Totally agree there mate, Ian and Bobby talk a lot of sense.

• 73 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:03 PM

And on that crushingly insincere note……..

• 74 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Yeah, I think he gets a bit of stick, which is a shame, because there’s heaps of good football opinion to agree and disagree with in his posts that gets overlooked in the attack.

• 75 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:12 PM

BandB, we do agree on that. I prefer his to mine too, just as I prefer his to yours.

• 76 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:16 PM

It’s always sad to see a middle-aged man making a fool of himself buying the drinks for a shag he’s never going to get.

• 77 jimmysmith // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:22 PM

Ouch, c’mon, no one’s buying that nonsense. No one ever does, but still you persist, as you are entitled and as is your want. My turn. No one cares. Knock yourself out.

• 78 jane // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:23 PM

i like the tone of your posts jimmy.

you must have posted some real bad stuff out of character!

• 79 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:25 PM

Well you would know Jim.
    You’ve joined those in lumpenly in touch with the views of the silent majority.

• 80 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:27 PM

…and grinningly inanely, jimmysmith is carried off on the shoulders of Jib and Welshgeordie.

• 81 bettyswallocks // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:28 PM

Jane…… Do you like the tone of mine?

• 82 expatmag // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM

Keith Peacock?

• 83 jane // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM

not relevant betty

• 84 jane // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:40 PM

Jib what do you think ?

• 85 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:41 PM

Still going strong. Pitiful.

• 86 Tsunki // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:46 PM

Ian and Jimmy share a common trait of brass necked nerve stating that what they’ve typed and can’t retract didn’t actually exist. Like nobody can go back and copy and paste the little interaction where Ian said the sack pardew/ Ashley Out mob/gaggle/band/etc were disgusting louts or such, and Jimmy backs him up with the horse-punching persona every mackem holds about Mags. You’re not by any chance one of the “better class of supporter” class/convention/club/affiliation/board/etc are you?

• 87 Tsunki // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Ymfb I’d have thought the last thing a man, sorry young man, in your direction, life threatening and gender-compromised condition would do is wade into an argument you lost ages ago.

• 88 Tsunki // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:51 PM

Strange it’s only a half moon. And yet they are all out.

• 89 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:52 PM

I am still going strong. Thanks for noticing.
    Are you still shunned as a laughing stock?

• 90 Tsunki // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:54 PM

Just wondering by the way – long time reader, first time poster legolas – a mystical elf pops up to remonstrate with the blog over their unwarranted ire. How original.

• 91 Tsunki // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:56 PM

Well Jimmy, this was not your finest 12 hours. By all accounts there is a blow up ring cushion that can be of help in such circumstances.

• 92 BandB // Sep 8, 2016 at 11:58 PM

I know Tsunki

I saw.

They don’t like the handbags do they?

Now let’s recap the list of people they never blame.

Ian Toon

Select crew…..

• 93 BandB // Sep 9, 2016 at 12:01 AM

I think maybe jimmy got the same rogue prescription that made Kets commit blog suicide and try to ride it out.

• 94 Novocastrian66 // Sep 9, 2016 at 12:03 AM

Jimmy; still banging on about Pardew I see. While we’re on the subject. Pardew was not exposed to extreme abuse in the ground. It was more of a well organised demonstration by the supporters against an unpopular manager. I would have said it was a dignified protest by in large which was condemned by the southern press and his buddies at Sky Sports.

• 95 Tsunki // Sep 9, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Bandb. I think so.

• 96 expatmag // Sep 9, 2016 at 12:13 AM

An index finger like a rapier, my dear…

I doubt the young infidel will come back from that one

• 97 simon376 // Sep 9, 2016 at 12:14 AM

Yeah, sort of gave it away with all the info. Mind you don’t suppose I said anything he will be upset about, didn’t give any real gen away and nowt about his club Charlton either. Just gutted they went down as well so we are not playing them, those days used to be good for me and the family in the past. Always love to tell him we are better. Mind you, he was a Newcastle fan as a kid seeing as his parents were from South Shields

• 98 expatmag // Sep 9, 2016 at 12:17 AM

I seem to remember how proud he was of Gavin signing for Newcastle.

I dont share his views on Pardew mind. A thoroughly limited manager just as he was a thoroughly limited football player

• 99 simon376 // Sep 9, 2016 at 12:20 AM

He was over the moon when Gavin signed for Newcastle, always wished he could have done.

I agree with you about Pardew, don’t know what he thinks of him as s manager, just know he is a friend of his. Mind you, wish we had stuck with him instead of Carver then McLaren, but if those things hadn’t of happened, we wouldn’t have Rafa now, so suppose all worked out in the end

• 100 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 9, 2016 at 12:25 AM

• 101 Ian Toon // Sep 9, 2016 at 1:26 AM

Jimmy – I would take Tsunki telling you that the last 12 hours was not your finest as a compliment . Unlike the guy with his list of Pardew’s misdemeanours( being gentleman Jim you said you didn’t know him to comment) you troubled the scorer.
    Remember most football fans don’t rate Jordan Hendedson – the water boy- Klopp made him captain. It’s almost always about opinions and not always Barney’s.

• 102 Ian Toon // Sep 9, 2016 at 1:27 AM

• 103 The overrated Frenchman // Sep 9, 2016 at 6:28 AM

So you’ve become a blog pariah jimmysmith, so I see. It’s not so bad really. By not getting involved you can observe it all with a certain disinterest and clarity which makes you wonder why you bothered in the first place.

• 104 Jib // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:01 AM

Thruth to tell Frenchy
    Rather than jimmysmith becoming a pariah I think the blog is pretty much evenly divided with regard to extreme views , while the vast majority don’t get involved with the squabbling at all.

• 105 Jib // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:02 AM

truth even

• 106 The overrated Frenchman // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:22 AM

Jib, the thing is, you can’t hold extreme (I’d prefer to say alternate, but anyway) views and express them and not get involved in the squabbling if you want to interact with others on the blog.

• 107 Tsunki // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Having an extreme view like reviling a sizeable section of fans who care enough to voice their protestations at a fat playboy almost ruining their club with his ill-translated clothes business model? Is that what you mean? I suppose the thing that Ian has above Jimmy is that at least he’s barely Compos Mentis and struggles to assemble sentences in an understandable construct.

• 108 Tsunki // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:39 AM

I’d also suggest that someone who’s been banned before and had to reinvent himself just to come back here is hardly qualified to comment on even handedness.

• 109 Jail for Ashley // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:40 AM

Good morning. The other day you accused of distorting facts in a derisory manner. I said that we made it policy to avoid winning anything. You said it was only cups that we avoided winning. Please explain what it was we were trying to win if not the cups. You felt quite strongly that I was twisting what they said so can you answer my question.

• 110 The overrated Frenchman // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:45 AM

No Tsunki, that’s not what I mean. But let’s not squabble. I’m jumping back into Jib’s correctly noted silent majority which is where I should keep myself. I need to have more self-control.

• 111 Legolas // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:54 AM

Tsunki, I am not sure why you felt the need to have a pop. I dont think I said anything to annoy or upset anyone and certainly didn’t direct anything to you. I have read the blog for years but prefer to read than post and only posted to join in with the Martoon prediction banter.
    I don’t want to get involved in any of the blog history or politics. As I stated before, I am sure people have enough crap in there life to deal with without arguing on a blog. I am not posting to wind anyone up.
    If I have said something that has offended you I apologise.

• 112 magpie6699 // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Who is Mousey Sudoku and why do we keep seeing articles about him??

• 113 hibbit // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:57 AM

The overrated Frenchman

Jib neither speaks for or is part of the silent majority judging by the amount of posts and his contentious opinions

• 114 Tsunki // Sep 9, 2016 at 7:59 AM

ToF – wasn’t directed at you, it was Jona comment about what he thinks constitutes “extreme”.

Legolas – apologies if I’m wide of the mark, it’s just you had the unhappy chance of appearing at a coincidental time.

• 115 Tsunki // Sep 9, 2016 at 8:00 AM

Jonah? Jib.

• 116 Jib // Sep 9, 2016 at 8:09 AM

This above will be of interest to many.

It’s the first thread of nufcblog.

It is interesting on many levels
    Ed actively partakes and posts his thoughts, it marks the onset of SBR’s final illness , and mentions the impending appointment of Fat Sam.
    Of more interest – on 23 May 2007 just 17 days later Mike Ashley bought Sir John Hall’s 41.6% stake in NUFC.

So it can be seen if you dip into subsequent threads that almost from its nativity the blog was hijacked by the anti Ashley squad.

Folk who were opposed to Ashley’s ownership because of their beliefs and nothing to do with football.

This goes a long way to explaining the almost pathogical ganging up on newcomers who dare to oppose the party line by long term posters who believe they have squatters rights.

Privately they must be bloody furious at the appointment of Rafael Benitez.

previous post: The Real Reason Newcastle Pulled Out Of Alan Judge Deal