The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Last Player Wanting Out Could Still Leave Newcastle

2:28 pm, Friday, September 9th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 19 Comments

We knew the transfer window in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is open until the end of this month and that Cheick Tiote’s agents were talking to a couple of the top clubs there about taking Cheick on board.

At the end of July, Sky Sports were reporting there were advanced talks going on between Cheick’s agents and Al Jazira, who finished second last season in the UAE Pro League.

Cheick Tiote Southampton +QerSyvbNvANl

Cheick Tiote – could still move to UAE club

But that deal didn’t happen, but Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez in his press conference today said that Cheick could still get an offer from a UAE club:

“The transfer window in UAE is still open and there may be an offer for Cheick Tiote.” “We are waiting and he is training with us and we will see.”

There is still time for Cheick to catch the train out of Newcastle and with Rafa having brought in a couple of good central defenders in the summer there is really no future for Cheick at Newcastle.

It would be a good deal for both parties – Newcastle and the player – if the Ivorian could get a deal to leave the club.

That would take his wages off the wage bill at Newcastle and the transfer fee Newcastle want is low at only £1.6M and Cheick could start to play regularly again.

Sounds good to us.

Tags: Championship · Cheick Tiote · Financials · Newcastle News · Other News · Transfer News and Rumours

19 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:38 PM

JP,
    Sels
    Yedling Lascelles Mbemba Dummet
    Ritchie Hayden Diameter Gouffran
    Gayle Mitro/Murphy

• 2 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Diameter? Where’s radius from your team jail 😉

• 3 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Jail

Is Circumfrence on the bench, along with Radius.

• 4 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Snap

• 5 dok - the horrid colonial // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:44 PM

I see YMFB is wumming it up again..

• 6 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:47 PM

I’d say great minds think alike, but then I saw who posted.

• 7 hibbit // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:47 PM

can’t help himself Dok once a wum always a wum

• 8 Jail for Ashley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:47 PM

YC,
    Bloody phone, I used to have a red underline function but it’s stopped working so I’ve gone for the lesser of the two evils, I was sick of fat finger spelling mistakes so have had to go predictive instead 🙁

• 9 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Why take Shelvey out? Fool. Clearly an important member to our team this season, you expect Hayden to Start playing those passes?

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:49 PM

YC,
    Any chance you could go back to Marcacuss so we don’t get you mixed up with that tw@t, I do it quite often.

• 11 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Sels
    Anita_Mbemba_Lascelles_Lazaar
    Hayden_Shelvey
    Ritchie_Diame_Gouffran
    Gayle

• 12 BandB // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:51 PM

My own feeling is that changes will be incremental, based on form, fitness and development, with any surprise choices picked for plausible tactical reasons.
    The aim, I think, is to create a team that works hard for one another and is fully committed to the squad ethos.
    If we get promoted, I expect the upgrades to come in key areas only and not necessarily be huge names on the radar.
    Leicester just showed what could be done with a workmanlike team designed to feed creative players and goal scorers who are not over-exposed and who other sides might take a season to work out.
    Or something completely different might happen….

• 13 hibbit // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:52 PM

dont bite jail the wum is clearly looking for attention

• 14 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:52 PM

So many salty posters. What’s the matter? Cant deal with an 18 y/o having more sense about football then you? No problem.

• 15 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Ah BandB, a football post? Blimey, miracles do happen.

• 16 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Dok you don’t see shit mate.

• 17 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Jail,

Yeah I might do. I will be modded for a while, but I have to collect my youngest. Catch you all in a bit.

• 18 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Test

• 19 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 9, 2016 at 2:59 PM

Oh no, don’t change your name because of me.

previous post: Newcastle Captain – Atsu Is Unbelievable