The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Former Coach Nigel Pearson Gives His Verdict On Newcastle

2:42 pm, Sunday, September 11th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 151 Comments

Nigel Pearson has talked about his former club Newcastle after our good 2-0 win at Pride Park yesterday, although it was another tough game and that had been expected.

In fact Newcastle are expecting a tough game in almost every single game this season and nothing can be taken for granted in the Championship.

That’s a good way to approach every game and we have Rafa Benitez to thank for that professionalism.

nigel-pearson

Nigel Pearson – Derby County manager

This is what Nigel said after the game:

“I think they’ve got depth of quality in their squad, for sure,” “They’ve flexed their muscles in terms of ability to strengthen their squad.”

“They’ve got an experienced manager so I would fully expect them to be up there as front-runners.”

“I think the expectation’s there for them to do that, but expectation is one thing. And dealing with expectation is one of the key elements of being able to fulfill potential.”

“They’ve showed early signs that they’ve got those capabilities.”

“But it’s a tough old season. It’s long and quite arduous, so it always tests the resolve of players and everyone else associated with the club.”

“But I’ve worked there myself so I know the infrastructure is very, very sound and, you know, they’re looking pretty good, aren’t they?”

Nigel was a good coach at Newcastle from October, 2006 when he was hired as assistant manager by Glenn Roeder and he stayed about 18 months until February of 2008.

That was after Kevin Keegan came back to manage the club.

Nigel was at the club in the short eight months Sam Allardyce was the manager – from May, 2007 through January of the following year, when he was sacked and Kevin came in.

Pearson is usually fairly scant in his praise, so that is quite a positive assessment of Newcastle.

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Other News · Press · Press Conference

151 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ron Knee // Sep 11, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Peter Withe looks old.

• 2 bettyswallocks // Sep 11, 2016 at 2:51 PM

15bettyswallocks // Sep 11, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Nice reality check from Mr. Militant Ruddy earlier. Nice of him to remind us that only a landslide victory in the Championship this season whilst dominating all the other 3rd rate teams in this crap league will be acceptable.
    He points out that we have a premiership team with a premiership manager competing in an inferior division so we are expected to stroll it.
    I am wondering if Rafa fails to deliver who will be responsible according to wor Ruddy.

• 3 Toon Tang // Sep 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Bloody hell villa.

• 4 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:06 PM

forest equaliser – Lansbury for Forest looks a decent player

• 5 Toon Tang // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:07 PM

Charlie, thank chuff for that haha

• 6 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:08 PM

That ref is a knob couldn’t wait to send him off ridiculous

• 7 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM

That was him from Fulham I think

• 8 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:16 PM

Just been checking out the fixture list for the rest of the month. If we can keep this streak going we’ll be looking in good shape. I am particularly looking forward to the villa and Norwich games.
    Villa away can give us a good indication of how much we have improved from out last visit. Also put some daemons to rest if we can winnit.
    Norwich at home be nice. My first ever attendance at St James Park seen us pitted against Norwich. We won 2-0 if I recollect correctly.

• 9 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Good result 🙂 That referee is a turkey though.

• 10 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Brighton v. Huddersfield on Tuesday should be good. I’ll be rooting for Hoots to eliminate the remaining undefeated championship team. The added bonus is that Brighton can’t pass us with a victory. Happy days.

• 11 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM

We were pretty poor in the first two games as it was but it’s a shame we came up against the surprise league leaders in just the second game, had we more time to gel as a team we’d probably have beaten them. I think we’ll tear them apart down at their place.

• 12 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Because as we know hoots’s managerial career is just a cover for his main job as hired professional hitman. Chris ‘the hitman’ Hoots as he’s known on the darkweb.

• 13 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Jail – I hope so. I do have slight softspot them though as once their AI board on cm97/98 once offered me the job as manager.

• 14 Toon Tang // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:33 PM

Vask 13 hahahaha

• 15 Markaccus // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Vask

I always used to try and buy Marcus Stewart (i think that was the bame of their really good striker) but they would never even consider the offer.

• 16 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Vask,
    Ah Championship Manager, me Scarborough and a year of my life I’ll never get back.

• 17 Markaccus // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM

He’d usually end up in the England squad, too, and be playing for Arsenal or Man u

• 18 Markaccus // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Cm97/98 is still imo the best manager game there has ever been. Its all too complicated now.

• 19 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Took them from the fourth division to tenth in the PL, replaced Marcelo Lippi at the toon while in the bottom three, took us in to the Championship league spot that same season and made a balls of it the next season and completely lost interest in it.

• 20 Markaccus // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Yep. Just checked. Marcus stewart, who went on in real life to play for the Makems.

• 21 Markaccus // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Jail

Cambridge UTD were class in the bottom division. I often started with them. They had fantastic attacking players compared to the other teams in the division.

• 22 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:44 PM

I was only ever Scarborough and the Toon, lost a third division playoff final once and done the whole season again, none of that saving games until you won malarky.

• 23 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:45 PM

Haha nice guys. I seem to remember Ibrahim Bakayoko as an absolute beast on that game. After a while I used the editor to create a new team with a load of mint players named after band members and various derivatives of my surname.

Mark I would have been inclined to agree with you for a number of years but I got one of them sold out reproductions of cm4 and wasted many years of my life. Would still be playing it if any of my devices would install it.

• 24 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:47 PM

I think it is responsible for many marital breakdowns.

• 25 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Before I worked out how to create my own team I would just load Northampton with the likes of the real Ronaldo, Maldini, Boban and others. I wad always a terribly good cheat.

• 26 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Yes! I was at the peak of my powers in championship manager as well. On the dodgiest looking PC ever. Think there was another around at the same time for PlayStation one – Premier manager or something. I became a tactical genius around this time. 🙂

• 27 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM

Oh aye Jail the missus hated my constance. Didn’t beak up though. Probly because I had to stop playing it.

• 28 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM

To this I still resent not being able to exit the game when things aren’t going to plan, stoopid real life!

• 29 Ron Knee // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:52 PM

Joe Hart getting crucified in the sports media!

• 30 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Why’s that, Ron?

• 31 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Aye a hear Worlds greatest goalkeeper made a mistake for Torino Ron.

• 32 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:56 PM

Was good watching Villa dropping more points again!

They have signed a lot of good attacking players but are still woeful at the back hopefully we can get so far ahead of them before they eventually click

• 33 jimmysmith // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:56 PM

Rotunda, Mitrovic isn’t lumbering, he has both skill and physical presence. He’s lost weight for a start, and like Shelvey should be that much better for it. This side doesn’t need to resort to the hopeful punt to a big man up top and won’t, it needs one on the end of crosses, and it’s little men picking up second balls in the final third. The question isn’t whether he should be in the side, but just how good we’d be if Rafa can get him playing as well as he’s capable.

• 34 Ron Knee // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:56 PM

Vask

He made a bad mistake on his debut!

• 35 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 3:56 PM

Oh I see, up to his old tricks again.

• 36 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Jim.

‘if?’ Here’s an if for you. If rafa can get Goufran playing his best I have every faith in him getting it out of my favourite player.

• 37 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Jimmy,
    It maybe doesn’t need to resort to that kind of football but the Fulham game showed it’s good to have different options.

• 38 Tsunki // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Afternoon, Jimmy- just taking a break from my fascist lynch-mobbing activities to do a bit of skullbloggery. 🙂

I think there’s an element of Rafa holding Mitrovic back as for example, I would hold back my vicious attack dog from attacking crazy commie trouble-makers until I’d got it into a frenzy ha ha. Hopefully working on his fitness while he stews from his ban period will make him hungry. But there is that crazy attack dog element that can have him running onto the pitch and tearing at everything that moves ha ha let’s hope psychologically Rafa can keep that tethered.

• 39 Tsunki // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:42 PM

Saw Armstrong go goal yesterday, thought if anything can shout natural striker it was that cheeky move. Would have worked in any Division that one too.

• 40 firebug666 // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Tsunki

It was a great goal, pure class, would have loved him to have scored that for us in the prem against any of the top six, just to have “them” wonder what the hell they spent their money on. 😀

• 41 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Jimmy- I watched the Serbia.v Ireland game . Mitrovic didn’t strike me as someone working on match fitness. He was subbed early and left me with the impression of wanting to be somewhere else- his body language said it all. Whereas our Irish ST coming on scored and was.
    a Joy to watch.
    Be interesting to gauge RB’s thinking.
    Are you still playing walking football ?

• 42 Tsunki // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Firebug, I wasn’t sure if the defender was slow, underestimated Armstrong pace or strength, but for sure he was totally done by the backheel. Thing is, it’s still all to do and the goal was perfectly placed. Top confidence, and let’s hope we aren’t battling ruddy Barnsley for third place come season end 😐 I’m just glad at this point he’s back in January 🙂

• 43 andrew84 // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM

Is it too late to partake in the CM97/98 discussion? One of my favourite games of all time. Ibrahim Bakayoko was indeed class, maybe that’s what influenced Everton to buy him?

I believe Imre Varadi was still available as a free agent at the age of 39, along with Terry Hurlock, the ex-Millwall midfielder who ripped a door off its hinges while talking about Vinny Jones. Anyways I’ll not get carried away.

• 44 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM

I agree with Welsh from the last thread.

• 45 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Tsunki,
    It was an excellent goal and will be up there with Gouffran’s for goal of the month award, two excellent pieces of skill. Totally justifies the decision to send him out on loan. I don’t see the concern with him being at a promotion rival either, Somebody has to push us all the way anyway, it’s better he’s in a good team taking points off the bigger teams as well. If he starts really banging them in we can just take him back in January where we’ll have a ready made Championship striker for free rather than paying the 25M he’d be worth.

• 46 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Ian,
    Haven’t you got your work cut out with Belfits and Jib’s hoop maintenance.

• 47 Ron Knee // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:17 PM

What a turn up!

• 48 Laurent Robert 32 // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Bakayoko was great on CM97.

Denilson, Alfonso, Leandro, and Chilavert were always great ones to get as well.

Highly addictive that game was.

‘Just play the next game to see how he gets on…’

• 49 bettyswallocks // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:22 PM

The result of excessive hoop maintenance :-

• 50 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Welsh – What a travesty!

• 51 Blackley and Brownlie // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Andre Mariner is so bad.

• 52 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Costa and Mariner cheating bastards – Costa dives should of had a second yellow card – Mariner chicken not to give him second yellow

Yet Forest player gets sent of for celebrating with their fans – game and Fifa rules Stink

• 53 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Blackley – He’s always been a homer. Overall though the PL referee’s are vastly superior to the Championship cards.

• 54 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Betty – Did you see my earlier post to you?

• 55 bettyswallocks // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Ian Toon …… No I didn’t sorry. Please repost.

• 56 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:34 PM

16Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Betty- Is Ruddy/Roddy and Kieron one and the same person?
    If so when he first posted he was anti Shepherd/ Hall and used to slate anyone pleased with a trophy signing on the grounds of being easily bought off. The blog was a war zone with boyo and a Kevvy Maartens (?) being the main protagonists – in the middle was Ibiza doing a good impersonation of Henry Kissinger. Ed – subsequently confirmed that this period of about -8 months saw the highest % of readers: bloggers since he set 9+ years ago..

He is the type who hedges his ego(!) so that come what may he can suggest we should have won the league by a country mile and if we don’t it’s because Ashley( he switched to anti Ashley after about 18 months) became a target for his own self promotion, NUST and The Rag. He hated being reminded of the need for a Mission Statement but came on the blog as a recruitment Sargent to join demonstrations and strongly resented the suggestion of causing unforeseen circumstances leading to us being relegated. He and Jail were great mates until Roddy accused him of selling out- high drama on the blog. Shut down you really could not make it up.

• 57 Toon Tang // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:38 PM

Conte don’t like it up ‘im.

Welsh’ll be tugging into his swans pillow.

• 58 Toon Tang // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:39 PM

Not for very long hahaha

• 59 Blackley and Brownlie // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:41 PM

If a defender had cleared that ball with a high kick off Costa’s head, the ref would’ve given a penalty.

• 60 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Get in Costa, this PL title chase might be the most horse race since the beginning of the PL. I can see Man City, Man U, Chelsea Arsenal and Spurs all staying g in the hunt till near the end.

• 61 Blackley and Brownlie // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Anywhere else on the pitch and those high kicks are deemed dangerous and worhty of a free kick.

• 62 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Swallocks,
    Did you read that post, did ya did ya?

• 63 bettyswallocks // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Ian……..Ruddy and Kieron are one and the same and in my opinion he is an extremely unpleasant individual . In his element during the Ashley out campaign and since, using aggressive, bullying tactics to try and make people feel guilty for attending matches and supporting the regime.

He claims to be a genuine fan but was adamant that Rafa wouldn’t be staying and is hovering ready to swoop should we slip up so he can pursue his main agenda as an Ashley hater.

My advice is to steer clear of him as he never has anything positive to offer and he could well try and bully you if you disagree with his very far left militant stance.

• 64 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Blackas,
    Sending Arma out could be an inspirational decision.

• 65 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Swallocks,
    Ciaran is actually a nice lad and I’ve enjoyed a pint or two with him.

• 66 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:47 PM

That was pure athleticism but technically dangerous play and a foul. But Mariner has got very little right. Why deprive Chelsea who should be out of sight.

• 67 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Swallocks,
    Ian knows all to well who Ciaran and Ruddy are and neither were near the bog during FF reign. He started posting around the same time as Ibiza after we got promoted.

• 68 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:51 PM

He knows him as Ciaron now!

• 69 Mister Tuff // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Eh Ruddy was responsible for us getting relegated.
    What a load of tosh .
    Ian Toon you are such a devious fellow – very untrustworthy and you just make stuff up.

• 70 bettyswallocks // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:56 PM

I didn’t read the blog during the Hall and Shepherd era so I can’t comment on Ruddy’s or anyone else’s input during that time. Maybe he is a nice lad away from the blog but I don’t agree with his over aggressive approach to getting others in line with his agenda.

• 71 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:57 PM

The bog 😮

• 72 cookie109 // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Vask are you from Northampton then??? Is that why you chose them on cm?

• 73 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Ian Toon,
    I’m not even sure you deserve pity.

• 74 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Jail – I don’t want to post BandB’s post where she calls the rag bag lot of you out- and names Roddy/Kieron/ Cieron etc out for backing Shepherd and co fo 18 months.

All mates over a pint aye but you’re highly principled. That’s why you and your Dad targeted me because I haven’t flip flopped around. I backed Pardew and got it wrong.
    Your charge sheet extends into 2 A4 pages sunshine- just keep re- writing history and your a goner to anyone who isn’t a hypocrite.

• 75 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Enjoy my absence some of us have to earn a crust.

• 76 bettyswallocks // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Jail…. Who is your dad? Does he post on the blog?

• 77 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:10 PM

Ian,
    Nobody backed Shepherd, a vast majority couldn’t wait to see the back of him, the money he took out of the club is the biggest justification the Ashley apologists have for backing the tatty retailer, stop talking riddles and get yourself off to work. Must be a lot of hoops in a twelve hours shift.

• 78 bettyswallocks // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Jail…… Excuse me being thick, I’m confused now . Is Ciaran not Ruddy then?

• 79 davis_toons // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Leroy Johan Fer is a very strong player. Good to have in the team.

• 80 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:14 PM

Swallocks,
    My father passed away at the relatively young age of 49 about sixteen years ago. Ian Toon and his strange bedfellows are referring to Mister Tuff who I have had no contact with off the blog.

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Swallocks,
    Yes he is, he posted under the name of Ruddy Marveleaux then under his real name.

• 82 WWSBRD // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Ruddy would love seeing a full conversation about him

• 83 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:25 PM

It’s Ruddy/Ciaran Ian. Roddy might be his porn star name though.

• 84 SUTTY1978 // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:26 PM

On Armstrongs goal from yesterday, why is it that he looks class when out on loan and scores some beauties but whenever he has played for us he looks like a lost little boy?

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:26 PM

WW…,
    It amazes me when you get grief on here, one of the most mild mannered posters to consistently post here. Doesn’t pay to have an opinion, Ibiza’s blog life took a serious downturn after jumping off his fence.

• 86 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:29 PM

Ww…

Twat

• 87 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM

@Sutty

Might just be the pressure when he plays for the Toon he rarely has had a start with us when its going well or we are on top hes always been brought on when we are getting beat and not in a good moment !

Would be great if he gets about 10 goals before January and comes back to us in red hot form !

Also Toney scored again hes doing well on loan as well!

• 88 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:31 PM

SUTTY,
    That’s why he’s out on loan, there’s no weight of expectation on him at Coventry or Barnsley, here he’s got 50K expecting him to be Micheal Owen. I think if Rafa hadn’t of been here he’d have been thrown in at the deep end and sunk.

• 89 WWSBRD // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Jail
    Thank…I think haha I do have a very laissez-faire approach to this blog and its emotions

Aye Ibiza got a right hammering over the positivity thing then was it protesting? Something along those lines and now he barely posts, shame that

• 90 WWSBRD // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Belfast
    Never change

• 91 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Belfast – Joking aside, I am assuming you were not involved in the dirty tricks and would appreciate you confirming it.
    I have no reason to believe you were!
    Reading above surely the real name then is Ciaron – please confirm.
    I will look for your response later.

• 92 SUTTY1978 // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:37 PM

By the way, this blog started in April 2007, just before Ashley took over, so I can’t see how anyone could have spent 18 months on the blog backing them when they weren’t involved in the club anymore, makes no sense, which is not unusual for Ian.

• 93 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Ruddy is Ciaran but he only changed his name to Ciaran because any time he posted as Ruddy he had a handful of posters giving him grief. He even had someone with the exact same name (Ruddy) at one stage pretending to be him and you couldn’t tell them apart.

• 94 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM

SUTTY,
    He talks out of his bum.

• 95 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Sutty – The accusation levelled by BandB was that for the first 18 months etc- nobody suggested it was on here. The individual backed Ashley before becoming an antagonist.
    Superficiality …..

• 96 Mister Tuff // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:43 PM

I can confirm Ian Toon was involved/the original dirty tricks person on the blog.
    He wants to be the blog boss. A tricky devil if I may say so.

• 97 Ian Toon // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Jail- When you’ve been found out you frequently become abusive.

• 98 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Ciaran and Ibiza changed their views on Ashley after it became apparent he had no intentions of footballing success. Does that make you superficial?

• 99 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Where have I been found out Ian, regarding what?

• 100 SUTTY1978 // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Ian, every Toon fan backed Ashley when he came in. everyone thought he was going to be our moneybags backer but he turned out to be more like the Suns “fake Sheik”.
    Are you saying that if you liked Ashley when he first came and and drank pints with the fans and backed the manager, then you are never allowed to change your mind, regardless of what he did?
    You backed Pardew, do you still back him now or have you changed your mind? An opinion doesn’t have to last a lifetime.
    By the way I have zero interest in backing Ruddy, just find your waffling incoherence an irritant to my reading pleasure.

• 101 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:11 PM

SUTTY,
    I thought all my Christmas’s had come at once when Ashley took over. Little did we know that the 30M spent in transfers, promises of 20M a year and drinking with the fans in a toon shirt was to be the biggest
    convoy trick

• 102 SUTTY1978 // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Jail, that’s exactly the point, I can’t remember a single dissenting voice when he came in, he was treated as the new messiah, now we know he’s just a very naughty boy!

• 103 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:17 PM

*con trick football will witness. Personally I don’t believe at all in this due dilligence malarky at all, he had a long term plan to make us self sufficient with mid table mediocrity being the goal to keep his advertising beamed world wide. Why he took KK on knowing he would eventually pi ss him off I’ll never know, maybe it was just to show the fans who’s boss.

• 104 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Hey its me… Rob 😉 lmao.

• 105 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Hey its me… Rob 😉 lmao…

• 106 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Aye You hear successful billionaire and you automatically think Abramowich. Yay !

Turned into a big anti climax that did.

• 107 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Ok nice one ed. I post it once and it says ‘duplicate post detected’ I refresh and it’s not there. So I changed the amount of dots and posted it and it sends both wtf?

• 108 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Howay Young Magpie that could be anyone hehe

• 109 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Lmao go on my Facebook profile then. Jack Williams 😀

• 110 SUTTY1978 // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM

I’m not as much of a cynic as you. I think bringing KK back was a genuine attempt to give the fans what they wanted, as was bringing in Shearer, both obviously back fired, that’s when he decided he’d go for puppet managers who would do it how he wanted without kicking up a fuss.
    Remember he sacked Fat Sam because that’s what the fans wanted as well (don’t think anyone would argue that was a bad decision).
    I believe he bought the club as a bit of fun and a chance for good advertising opportunities.

• 111 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Belfast all I can do is facepalm for you. You were sooooo convinced that you were right. 😀

Sorry to anyone else that’s sick of this matter, just thought I’d prove him wrong.

• 112 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:30 PM

YMFB,
    You are a gay bloke from Leeds, PPB was a gay bloke from Leeds. You are a self confessed Troll who trolls when upset. PPB tried to stitch carl/Ian/pushy/sack Llambias/Jack Root up the other month. It was proved you were Rob Vollans and the sick Chancel also from Leeds. Another coincidence.

• 113 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:31 PM

I never could work out why you where so happy for people to believe you were him at the start though? Anytime I doubted it you kept hinting you where him for some reason.

Could you post another picture holding a piece of paper saying Belfast is a legend. 🙂

• 114 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Jail you’re retarded, honestly that’s the nicest thing I can call you. Call me vile, whatever. I can 100% prove that I’m Jack Williams from Barnoldswick hahahhaha. Don’t know why you still stick by your debunked theory. You guys were wrong. Get over it.

• 115 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Everyone called me rob, no matter what Belfast. If I wanted to communicate it was just easier to reply to that name rather then to cause commotion. Hold on, find me on Facebook and ill post ‘belfast is a legend’ in the comments. My profile picture is the same one that I just posted. Barnoldswick is the location.

• 116 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:35 PM

No facepam for me. I was right about Rob Vollans and his serial trolling and his con man ill health story.

We’d all be donating to his crowd funding page by now for his life saving trip to America 🙂

• 117 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Well yeah, maybe you are right about HIM. But you was wrong about me. I retract the facepalm then.

• 118 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Who was ppb jail?

• 119 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:42 PM

If you’re gonna do it Belfast tell me when you have found me and I’ll post it.

• 120 Hail Wor Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 7:55 PM

Who thinks Rafa will shuffle the defence on Tuesday then? Can definitely see the attack been freshened up.

Expect Yedlin to start on the RW. Perez and Mitro to start. Hayden to come in. Aside from those not a clue how far Rafa will go in ringing the changes.

• 121 Belfast // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:04 PM

I’m not on Facebook mate. I believe you regarding Vollans anyway.

You defending him throughout the whole shenanigans and dropping hints you where him made me think you where to be totally honest.

Then the whole llortmuw Irish Geordie etc etc. You could hardly blame me for believing it.

I’m off too watch the Marseille game laters!

• 122 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Can see Rafa keeping the same defence and then in the home games putting more attacking full backs in so we can open teams up easier !

• 123 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:07 PM

HWA,
    It would be good to get a martoon type league table on successful guessing of line ups. Five points for a correct guess. I don’t think one single blogger had Colback in on Saturday.

• 124 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Ok Belfast. No hard feelings mate. I guess it’s my bad then for giving you the wrong signals. Glad we’ve cleared it up.

• 125 welshgeordie9 // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Just got in from the match, good effort from the swans.

• 126 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Not bad Welsh. Don’t think they deserved it but that’s football for you. Great effort anyhow.

• 127 welshgeordie9 // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:15 PM

What is it with Costa, he runs around the pitch acting tough like a Spanish Bull but when the opposition takes the ball of him or goes in for a tackle he acts like a poodle.

• 128 Toon Tang // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:16 PM

Belfast is well known on this blog for reading the wrong signals young.

I laughed at one of his jokes once and he private messaged me a pic of his feet.

I mean they were nice feet but I’m not too into them like

• 129 welshgeordie9 // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:18 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley

You’ve got to have a little bit of luck, we should have been 2 maybe 3 goals down in the first half but managed to avoid conceding, 2nd half much better, don’t like the 3511 formation though, that didn’t work and we don’t play that way.

• 130 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:18 PM

So why aren’t you posting that on a Swansea blog Welsh, how can you support two teams? Is it even allowed unless you have dual nationality.

• 131 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Jail, I know you’re not gonna read this but regardless…

Why do you care? Most of the stuff posted on this blog has nothing to do with Nufc. He can choose to support who he wants, he lives in Wales so Swansea is a right to him. I think it’s cool that our club has supporters from all over the world. At least it’s football talk eh?

• 132 welshgeordie9 // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:26 PM

Jail, what’s it got to do with you I will say what I like, who the frig put you in charge.

• 133 Jail for Ashley // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Contrary to what you think, 99% of stuff posted on here is Nufc related.

• 134 welshgeordie9 // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM

I’ve said it loads of times why I support the two and I’m not explaining again.

• 135 welshgeordie9 // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM

I wouldn’t have said 99%, much lower than that.

• 136 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Jail, that comes down to opinion I’m afraid. What I do know is that you’re wrong about 99%. But this is a pointless debate so I’ll leave it.

• 137 welshgeordie9 // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:35 PM

But then how many on here talks rubbish after a match calling themselves fans, one match he’s the best player on the pitch too we should get rid him he’s rubbish, that’s all I see on here.

• 138 welshgeordie9 // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:37 PM

It is a pointless debate but no doubt he will carry on, he’s good like that.

• 139 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:41 PM

Welsh it’s a blog mate. Regardless what your opinion is on a player you have to expect other people to have different views. Some people have more patience then others, sometimes people look at players differently based on form over the years or current form. That’s why there is so much conflict and more importantly healthy debate which is the point of this blog in the first place. When you see an opinion you disagree with you challenge it in a friendly manner to see why they have gathered said opinion. The gangs on this blog ruin it aswell as the trolls (not really my place to speak) but being angry over conflicting opinions isn’t really warranted. Just saying mate.

• 140 sobadithurts // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:51 PM

You lot are really such a sad bunch of plebs. Take a look at youselves and ask is this how grown men behave.
    It’s more like a teenage facebook page.

• 141 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Newsflash!! I’m 18!! But yes, you’re quite right. My bad. ?

• 142 Jib // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:59 PM

SUTTY1978 // Sep 11, 2016 at 6:55 PM
    Ian, every Toon fan backed Ashley when he came in.

What utter bollix

There were folk on his case before he’d even achieved a majority share holding.

• 143 sobadithurts // Sep 11, 2016 at 9:01 PM

YMFB.
    You sir, are a tw@ of the very highest order.

• 144 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Sbih

Are you done?

• 145 Vask // Sep 11, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Cookie109

Nah mate, it was a similar story to Huddersfield, their AI board offered me a job. Done crap so threw all them stars in and restarted. I’m actually from the far western reaches of the black pearl of the North – Newcastle-upon-Tyne! Awoooogah.

• 146 Jib // Sep 11, 2016 at 9:06 PM

sobadithurts // Sep 11, 2016 at 8:51 PM
    You lot are really such a sad bunch of plebs.

I didn’t realise we had Old Etonian fans
    😀

• 147 Jib // Sep 11, 2016 at 9:09 PM

The Mackems are gutted that Yedlin scored

• 148 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Wait, I fail to understand… You claim that we weren’t behaving like adults so you criticised us. But then you proceed to throw a playground insult at me with no real explanation as to why it was justified. So really your first post was hypocritical to say the least. Well done you.

• 149 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Sep 11, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Did he manage a goal for them Jib?

• 150 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 11, 2016 at 9:18 PM

I had to finish watching the match at 5am this morning due to social circumstances so this is my first chance to comment.

Firstly I went for Shelvey as MOM, it could easily have been any one of about around 6 different players. What convinced me was the way towards the end of the game he was chasing down what looked like lost causes for the team.
    Picking up on another comment made in an earlier thread as to why the likes of Dummett and Colback get so few votes even though they have made massive contributions to the game (or previous games even). Well surely that’s obvious, Ed is asking for a single vote for the MOM, unless they are doing a Goofy they won’t get so many votes.

Another thing that stands out imo is the way the defenders do not take chances and try to be clever by trying to play their way out of trouble when they aren’t aware of attackers around them. The ball goes straight into touch giving the defence the chance to reorganise, this has to be a Rafa tactic.
    And yes they can and do play their way out of trouble when they have a controlled situation. Again a Rafa instilled sign of confidence.

Hope all of that makes sense.

• 151 cookie109 // Sep 11, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Vask

Oh ok just got excited then as I’m a toon fan in Northampton!!

previous post: Top Two Players Switch Positions In Our Man Of The Match Poll