Video Of The Unveiling Of Alan Shearer’s Statue

• magscar

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:11 PM

Repost

magscar // Sep 12, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Jayphoto@7

Some interesting takes from someone at game which as we all know can often give different perspectives on players than TV.

I was thinking of Hanley instead of Mbemba in my Jfa team for height but for the reason you mentioned I suspect Rafa will stay with current partnership.

We have been regularly linked with Hughes and he caught the eye on Tv as well – probably Derby’s best player.

Also agree on Gayle but I think it has been a case of needs must so far and will vary as Mitro’s fitness improves and Murphy integrates more with squad.

Colback splits opinion covers a lot of ground which is picked up on more when at games but not tv needs to cut out silly tackles and pulls on players but I believe he is working on that. Perhaps he falls into that category of player that fans rarely get but team mates rate and miss when he isn’t there? ?

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Betty why am I not in your team? Thought I’d make the first team instead of Welsh atleast.

• hibbit

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:28 PM

magscar
    i have always said that you get a much broader view of games from the stands and it’s much easier to appreciate the work players do of the ball rather than the view from a single camera
    very good report much appreciated

• WWSBRD

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:32 PM

Hughes is pretty good isnt he? Best part of the game was him vs Shelvey for me, enjoyed their battle no end

• cyprus

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Lads
    I’m going to disagree. I love going to games it’s more rare these days, because nothing beats the fun and atmosphere.
    But I maintain you get a better understanding via TV. 20 angles, close-ups, replays, you can see both the forest and the trees.

This is my experience.

• magscar

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:38 PM

hibbit

Will be interesting without regular steams and only the below average CH 5 coverage to rely on for most.

Not only does TV get it wrong at times but I have often thought I had been at a different game to reporter when reading match report next day.

• jayphoto

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:38 PM

@Magscar – yeah Colback for me looked almost like he was trying too hard to impress. In contrast to Hayden who seems to be clued in that simple can be effective. His positioning was also slightly higher and I’d guess he covered more ground than hayden does, but when i’ve seen Hayden his positioning looks very good, reads the game well. In style Colback actually reminded me of Shelvey but without the technical ability and range. No doubting his tenacity and endeavour though, he puts 100% in for sure. Just think he’d be better taking haydens approach and looking for the simple pass more often. I wonder if a fit Tiote will get a look in?

• Spoof

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:38 PM

WWS

It was the most one sided battle ever, Hughes was absolutely dreadful, due to his reputation I was really looking forward to watching him, to be honest it would have been more fun watching paint dry than watch him, Shelvey and Colback gave him a masterclass in mid-field battles, and seeing that I don’t rate Colback that shows how poor Hughes was, dreadful going forward and as far as breaking us down goes, well, going forward was probably his strength, I can now see why he is stuck at Derby, he clearly isn’t any better than what they are, promotion play off hopefuls, and that is being generous.