The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Shearer — Rafa’s Got Newcastle Playing Some Great Stuff

7:53 pm, Friday, September 16th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 10 Comments

It’s been a little while since we heard Alan Shearer talk about Newcastle United and and our resurgence in form and results over the last six games.

That’s after we surprisingly went down to defeats in our first two games against Fulham and Huddersfield.

But those defeats emphasized what Rafa had been saying all along – that it would not be easy in the Championship.

alan shearer scores

Alan Shearer scores again
Who says he didn’t put one finger in the air after scoring?
Just like his stature

It’s definitely a tough league with so many games to be played and two a week through October 1st in this latest spate of games.

7 games in 22 days from September 10th and we’ve won the first two of them at Derby and of course that remarkable 6-0 win at QPR.

This is what Alan has said when interviewed by bookmaker on the bookmaker Coral’s web-site:

“I think they will go up. I think it was a difficult start for them with the defeats to Fulham and to Huddersfield but they seem to have settled to life in the Championship.”

“Rafa has got them playing some great stuff.” “They are very well organised, not conceding goals and everything is going to plan for him.”

“All the drills on the training ground seem to be working on the pitch and life is good at Newcastle at this moment in time and long may that continue.”

“I think it will be another three points against Wolves”  “Wolves were beaten at home in their last game and I can’t see Newcastle not taking the three points.”

“It won’t be easy but I’m very confident that the three points will be with Newcastle.”

As long as the lads go all out tomorrow and play with 100% effort and at or near our best – we should get all 3 points and we’ll be very happy – once again!

Howay the Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Wolves?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Alan Shearer · Championship · Management · Match Preview · Newcastle News

10 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Sep 16, 2016 at 7:58 PM

I agree Alan.

• 2 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2016 at 8:00 PM

I too most sinceriously agree Alan old lad with new statue.

• 3 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Fong Wolves. Fong them I say Rafa!

• 4 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Nobody gives out a good footy fonging like wor Rafa.

• 5 Jail for Ashley // Sep 16, 2016 at 8:03 PM

G2,
    Have you been playing Rafa bingo?

• 6 welshgeordie9 // Sep 16, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Legolas

From previous thread

I will keep it short and sweet, I’ve always been a fan of Sir Bobby Robson when i was a kid, so when he became the Newcastle manager i kept an eye on what he was doing there, the football Newcastle played under him was a joy to watch, so then when you have got a fantastic manager, players, stadium and a massive fan base then it’s no brainer really, so despite what some on here think I love Newcastle just as much as love the swans, perhaps I shouldn’t mention swans on here but i will certainly chat about Newcastle.

• 7 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Latest interview with wor Rafa:
    G2: Rafa you look in fine fettle these days!
    Rafa: Ha ha thank you G2. I’m feeling good. My moustache wax is beautiful. The club is beautiful. Even you are beautiful!
    G2: Well errrm thank you Rafa. Can you give us a hint about tomorrow’s lineup then?
    Rafa: Yes, yes I can G2. It will have some fine footballers in it. Hard working players who want to be here and play for the club!
    G2: Ahhhh I see Rafa. Nothing more specific then?
    Rafa: Yes, that’s right G2 nothing more specific. Can’t be giving Wolves any ideas about what to expect now can we?
    G2: Good point Rafa. Sigh…….

• 8 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2016 at 8:07 PM

No, haven’t been doing that Jail mate. He’s far too clever for me. That man is a god I tell you.

• 9 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Strolling through Valhalla:
    Odin: Hoi Rafa are you lot going to win tomorrow?
    Rafa: Just mind your own business Odin. Sit there and look godly. I’ll take care of the footy thank you very much.

• 10 Legolas // Sep 16, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Sorry, getting used to this blogging lark.

From previous post

Welsh,

Fair play. As I say doesn’t matter to me where you are from. If you say you support Newcastle its good enough for me.

previous post: History Tells Us Newcastle Must Be Wary Of Tomorrow’s Game