The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Fail To Get Anita Red Card Rescinded

4:37 pm, Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 128 Comments

Newcastle have failed in their case of wrongful dismissal associated with the red card Vurnon Anita picked up against Wolves on Saturday afternoon following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today.

The Dutch International was dismissed for serious foul play during the game against Wolves on 17th September when his sliding tackle was considered dangerous.

Vurnon Anita picked up red card – it stands

The player’s three match suspension, therefore, remains in effect and an immediate consequence is he will not play tonight against Wolves in the EFL 3rd round tie.

Unfortunately he now misses two crucial league matches at Aston Villa on Saturday and at home Norwich City on Wednesday evening.

We didn’t think the red card would be overturned, because on the video it shows Vurnon going in with his studs raised.

So there’s a chance for somebody to come in at right back and stake a claim to that starting position – maybe 23 year-old American DeAndre Yedlin will get his chance?

Tags: DeAndre Yedlin · Discipline · Newcastle News · Red Card · Vurnon Anita

128 responses so far ↓

• 1 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Shuck’s, I’m devastated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:47 PM

don’t be we have jesus in our ranks

• 3 Yo-yo // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:48 PM

We win six games on the trot, and lose one and suddenly its the rotational system that’s wrong- the same system that gets us six wins then one loss
    The guys just didn’t turn up – nothing to do with rotation just a temporary loss of form.

If anybody offered us the kind of form that gives us six wins and one less in every seven games for the rest of the season – is there anybody who’d turn it down ?
    And is that kind of form not going to get us promoted ?

• 4 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Budge, reply on last one mate. Don’t do reposts – once is enough for anyone! ๐Ÿ™‚ Wasn’t being patronising mate, just stating cold hard facts. Rafa is a serial winner and I for one am ecstatic he’s our gaffer. Unashamedly. ๐Ÿ™‚

We’ve got players to cover for Anita. Oh the joys of having a big squad capable of rotation. ๐Ÿ™‚

• 5 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:51 PM

what’s our chance of promotion when we loose one match after every six matches?

• 6 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Yo yo, amen to that bro! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 7 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Believe me, going against the grain will be treat as being a crime, I’ve had that experience, more than once, but don’t worry about it.

When the Pardew out campaign was starting, I dared mention that they should be careful of what they wish for as it could be a whole lot worse, I then kept away from the site for 12 months until Carver and McClaren then made it safe for me to raise my head again.

So speaking up or just querying Rafa is a dangerous path bonny lad, but never mind as your not alone as I have also queried a decision or two.

• 8 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Leave that to you yo yo, but 15/18 sounds like a winning run to me mate.

• 9 Macas // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:54 PM

Bobbybee – Gouffran isn’t a winger. He will work hard, and he showed great technique to score his volley, but if you are looking for someone to break down a stubborn defence then he isn’t your man. Like I said, if Ritchie is ever out injured for a long spell we could struggle out wide. Having said that, Lazaar hasn’t played yet, but I am wary of full backs being used as wingers.

• 10 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:56 PM

If you have the time read back a thread or two to get a better grip of what is being said about the rotational system, at first glance it could come across as Rafa beating, but it’s not mate, it seriously isn’t, not by me anyway and I have expressed concerns about the rotation policy.

• 11 davis_toons // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:57 PM

i think Wolves might not be interested in this Cup…

• 12 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Letโ€™s go for it lads. Hit them early, hit them hard. Run them over in the parking lot. Murphy to get one if he plays.

• 13 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:58 PM

No, they’re not interested davis mate. Anyway they will be oot after this evening.

• 14 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Spoof, I’ve already said questioning Rafa will never be a crime, but one game in six is hardly a disaster is it? The players, not Rafa, got it wrong on Saturday. Pretty sure Rafa didn’t say ‘give the ball away whenever possible’ but that’s what they did. That team should’ve been enough to win, not being too short of our best eleven. If it repeatedly happens, the majority will question him. But one game? Where the team were utter shyte? Don’t see it myself.

• 15 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 4:59 PM

You’re gannin’ oot Wolves. Pack your bags and wipe the tears away. Go home and sulk. We don’t care….

• 16 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:00 PM

differences apart,we are all toon fans and only want the best for our team,some will slate me formy views while others will find facts in them but eventually,like me,we all wanna see our team in the premier league,i’m not biasedagainst my team by any means,

• 17 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:02 PM

We’re the ones wearing the Thongs of Destiny lads. Fear not. We will crush them like grapes between our toes….. Huzzah!!!!

• 18 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:02 PM

15 out of 18 does sound like a winning run, but figures can be contorted, but as it is we are 4th and that means play-offs so lets not go down the line of contortion because as it stands you would lose out, so lets revert to sensible posts which are the only ones I’ve engaged with you, so don’t go down the dick head line as it really doesn’t suit you, your better than that

• 19 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Then you agree we will crush them like grapes between our toes Mautitoon mate?

• 20 Ron Knee // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Tonight we must show we’re the head of the mouse!

• 21 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:03 PM

yo yo
    u owe me an answer plz

• 22 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:04 PM

I never go down the line of contortion Spoofy mate. It’s too hard on the back…. Huzzah!!!!

• 23 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Macas, now that’s a different issue altogether mate, whether we have enough flair is nothing to do with rotation. I would like a bit more flair, but Rafa’s gone for team players and a strong defence. Until January we’ll have to live with that, but getting real flair is difficult in this league. He tried to get Knockaert but couldn’t. An unlucky own goal and a bad mistake in midfield cost us the game in reality.

• 24 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Or the mid-section of the giraffe will do Ron mate! But not the right nut of the koala please…..

• 25 catchy in norway // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:05 PM

its sad for Anita, but it gives Rafa a chance to rotate that position, which he would have done at some point anyway.

as for SAT, tihs happens, and how many times does tis happen, one match, 6, the next nothing,

and to be fair, id rather all my players not turn up for the same match than some for one match ten another couple for the next and so on, and thats what happen, pretty much every player did not turn up.

• 26 Ron Knee // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:05 PM

We’re 3rd, not 4th.

• 27 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Spot on Bobby mate. We played poorly in one match. That’s all it was really. Keep the faith lads. Rafa is the real Special One!

• 28 Ron Knee // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:07 PM

I’ll bear that in mind!

• 29 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Spoof, dickhead? You ain’t always right pal and this time you’re bang out of order. I haven’t stooped to that level and surprised you have. Then again, it tends to happen when you’re proven wrong so I’ll let it slide this time ๐Ÿ™‚

• 30 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Right then, letโ€™s get ready to haul ass people!!!!

• 31 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:08 PM

i may be deluded but can u blame me being a toon fan?when i was 14 i cut open my hand palm just cause we happened to loose against west ham 4 – 3 when we were 3 nil up i think,disappointment like these have made me a hardened pessimist and can u fault me for that or can u fault me for awaiting my team to lift the premier league trophy when we were 12 points adrift to be caught by man utd?

• 32 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:09 PM

last paragraph, give me some of what your on mate, the madness of your method made me laugh, cheers your a good un lol

• 33 WWSBRD // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:09 PM

1 loss in 6? Pretty sure that will get u promoted like especially if ur winning the other 5

• 34 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Let’s try to keep in formation lads. Spoofy that was too harsh on Bobby. Get back into position. Tighten up the ranks now lads!!!

• 35 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:10 PM

i say huzaahhh too

• 36 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:11 PM

I can’t fault you at all Mautitoon mate. But we must move on! We have the real Special One now. We have renewed faith. We have the Thongs of Destiny on mate. Let your Huzzah! ring oot!!

• 37 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:11 PM

so what formation do u guys fancy tonight?

• 38 WWSBRD // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:11 PM

U might not meaqn to be mate and ur entitled to ur opinion and all but I think ur being a little silly here

• 39 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Excellent Mautitoon. Now we’re getting somewhere. Harrumph!!!

• 40 catchy in norway // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:12 PM

it makes purrrfect sense in my little world

• 41 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Talking about flair macas, have you seen young Callum Roberts play? He’s been great for the Academy and is now doing it in the reserves as well. Might be time for him to be given a chance to shine.

• 42 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:14 PM

No, he’s not being silly WWSBRD. He’s showing extreme sinceriosity like me. These are bitter memories from the past. We must expunge them! Are you expunging Mautitoon mate? Don’t worry, we’ll wait…… I can play some Muskrat Love for you lot while Mautitoon expunges…..

• 43 Jib // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Spoof doing a biffa bacon impression
    Ha ha ha
    Apparently Bobby’s pint called him a puff !

• 44 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Well, after a horrendous day, I have to say that whatever your beliefs, God, Allah and so on, they’re with me today.

Let’s hope that transfers to the Toon tonight.

HWTL & HWTF.

As for Rafa Bingo, I’m fairly certain it will involve 11 players and 1 of those will be a GK. Points in the bag.

• 45 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Norway isn’t that little catchy mate. Think in my big world. Think ferocious Viking pillagers….. That’s better isn’t it?

• 46 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:15 PM

thank you for yr comprehension mate,in deed i’ve moved on ,but u can’t expect someone to change totally all of a sudden isn’t it,hehe, but a win tonight would do just that, but before that we need a formation for that.What are yr views on the 4231 formation being currently used?personally i’mnot a big fan of it,we alrteady had some narroew and lucky escapes using it,ref the brighton game.

• 47 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:16 PM

In what way was your day horrendous Ibiza mate? You should have come in here earlier and we would have cheered you up. We have ways….

• 48 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:19 PM

My views on the 4-2-3-1 are that I don’t like it Mautitoon mate. It makes me feel too pointy at the attack end. Spread that end oot Rafa. Add an extra player up there. We don’t need to sneak aboot at home with one measly player up front! We are the Toon! We should be fonging people at home. We should be eating their lunches right oot of their hands! Huzzah!!!!

• 49 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:19 PM

What have I said, if I’ve upset you sorry mate, but you were giving meaningless figures, 15 out of 18, and as I rightly pointed out they were meaningless and when it comes to futile meaningless posts that is not something which I associate you with so I said so in the hope that you would revert to your normal standard, those figures are something that Kets would put out, your better than that but if you have a bad day or even just a bad post and you can’t be corrected then that is sad, I’ve done and I’ve been corrected on it, and I’ve apologised for it, but if this is how you react to constructive criticism then fine, so be it.

• 50 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:19 PM

sorry for being silly made,i raise my hands up in apology.

• 51 catchy in norway // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:19 PM

its very catchy mate,, ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 52 catchy in norway // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:20 PM

ibiza,, its a cup game mate

• 53 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:20 PM

G2…Some pleasant person felt that their side of the road wasn’t sufficient, so decided to take up half of my side too and force me off the road, where the jeep hit rocks and then flipped over.

Luckily nobody was hurt.

Whilst waiting for the grua (tow truck), the heavens opened with torrential rain, thunder and lightening. All good fun. Especially in shorts. No flip flops mind, they were still in the car.

All in all, a fun day.

I’m sure everyone knows this, but always use your seat belt. Always.

• 54 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Right, time to get ready for SJP and hopefully a result to put things back into perspective. Catch ya all later.

• 55 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Let’s not get bogged down in the trivial stuff lads. Let’s open things up on these so-called Wolves. Let’s put the foot right doon on the gas peddle and just tear them a new one! Let’s give them a good mauling….. Harrumph.

• 56 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:21 PM

at least we are at peace on this issue mate,i too feel 4231 just does not suit this team,may be 433 0r 422 but then some would say that i know better than rafa.

• 57 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Win in the bag then catchy ๐Ÿ™‚

Btw Bobby…you do realise you were basically campaigning for people to select the draw last night?

• 58 catchy in norway // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:22 PM

lmao,, brad pitt cheated on his ilumanti witch of a wife, in the same way she cheated with him.

so ironic

• 59 WWSBRD // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Haha well fair enough marra

No meed to apologize mate but chin up we are still gonna walk the league ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 60 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Actually, no, points!

I was talking about the Rafa Bingo!

Got me doubting myself Catchy!

• 61 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:23 PM

That sounds horrible Ibiza mate. I hope you got his license or at least a good description of the vehicle. You mean you weren’t wearing your seat belt you naughty man?

• 62 catchy in norway // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:23 PM

yes, lets progress

• 63 Belfast // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:23 PM

And never ever drink or drive.

• 64 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:24 PM

Enjoy the match Bobby.

• 65 Belfast // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:24 PM

*And* ha

• 66 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:24 PM

We’re not just going to progress catchy mate. We’re going to haul ass!!!!

• 67 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:25 PM

G2…Of course I was, otherwise I doubt I’d be here chatting about it.

Sadly, no details.

Belfast…Never ever drink or drive? How does one survive with no fluids at all? Seems a tad excessive to me.

• 68 Jib // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Wolves have stayed in the region since Friday night and trained in Sunderland and Gastehead the last cople of days.
    That’s a wee bit unusual and I’m not sure who that favours.

• 69 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:26 PM

Too fast for me Belfast.

• 70 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:26 PM

I doubt that anyone would say that you know better than Rafa if you played a 4-2-2 as we would be playing with only nine men and I expect all of us would expect better from Rafa.

• 71 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:27 PM

amen and that’s what i dearly crave for mate and so be it,huzahh and hwtl

• 72 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:27 PM

If they trained in Sunderland then they basically didn’t train at all lads. I hope they got a few pointers on how to lose from Moyesy as well.

• 73 Belfast // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:28 PM

Basically drink like a fish and drive all you want. Just don’t combine the two.

• 74 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:28 PM

hahaha,sorry sory and yet sorry again,lol i meant 442.

• 75 Belfast // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:29 PM

Phone is a twat Ibiza. Glad yer still alive.

• 76 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:29 PM

Well did you at least bring your Manly Men chest hair with you Ibiza? Some young ladies may have wanted to run barefoot through your chest hair while giving you first aid. You’ve got to think ahead mate. Harrumph….

• 77 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:30 PM

Spoof, nowt wrong with constructive criticism mate, but we have won 15 out of the last 18 so I don’t see the fault in quoting it. This is the reality of our situation. Don’t see how that makes me a dickhead just because we don’t agree. Lots on here are agreeing with me, does that make them dickheads? Rafa brings rotation to whatever team he manages, I’m just surprised people expect him to change for us, that’s all. He won’t and he’s right to stick to what has brought him a lot of success. The reality is you’re just going to have to get used to it because he won’t change a winning formula. Not saying you have to like it, but that’s what we’ll get. It’s what he does and always has. I realised that the moment he signed and have accepted it. If you can’t accept that, then maybe it’s not me who’s the dickhead after all mate ๐Ÿ™‚ Definitely no need to get personal about it. We disagree that’s all. Get over it matey.

• 78 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:30 PM

I run like a gazelle and scream like a chicken Belfast mate. Is that close enough?

• 79 MAUTITOON // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:30 PM

do you think RITCHIE IS a waste on the right side?

• 80 catchy in norway // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:31 PM

i think we will do well in the cups this season,, we are a big club with good players in a “small” league with a top top manager, in the top 10 in world football, (IMO)

• 81 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:31 PM

You take better care Ibiza. Defensive driving is the ticket. None of this staying in your own lane malarkey. Go free wheelin’ baby! Go cross country!!!

• 82 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Belfast…They do say phones are like their owners, or was that pets?

G2…Where else would my Manly Men chest hair be if not with me? Honestly.

• 83 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:33 PM

I would like Ritchie on both sides Mautitoon mate but we can’t be greedy. In Rafa I trust. He’ll get the best out of the players in the long run.

• 84 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Ibiza, no, i was just taking the piss. People following a team should know the competition they’re in – end of. So many getting it wrong is a sad reflection on this site. Anyway!!!! Got to get ready or I’ll miss the game. See ya’ll.

• 85 BandB // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:38 PM

Have you flipped and landed on your roof, Ibizatoon….again ๐Ÿ™‚
    And you were getting getting upright….
    The bloke coming the other way wasn’t JFA was it?

Pleased to hear you are okay?

• 86 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Bobby…You’re assuming people don’t know.

My point is, I knew, if I hadn’t of known, I certainly did after reading your posts on the matter. I then also voted for the draw.

The fact it was an option or that people care too much is more of a reflection of this site, imo.

Enjoy the game.

• 87 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:41 PM

BandB…You know me, always trying to see things from a different angle…

I am indeed okay, thank you. Hope all’s good with you and yours.

• 88 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:42 PM

I’ve had enough debates with you to no that you aren’t a dick head, I’ve read back my post and I hang my head in shame as that is how it came across, I still feel that saying 15 from 18 is contorting, because we are forth over the entire season, if we look at the last six last season we would possibly be top four, but that is meaningless as we were in the bottom three, that is the point which I was trying to make but I again apologise as I was ignorant to how it could come across, however, I do stand by the point that I was trying to make, your better than silly little figures to back up what you believe or feel, hopefully no harm done.

To put it simply, I apologise, do you accept.

• 89 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:43 PM

You’re just trying to make us jealous Bobby mate. And it’s working! I’m now very envious. Also checking my chicken bones for a quick score prediction. Hmmmmm. This is just making me hungry for some good greasy fried chicken….

• 90 BandB // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:43 PM

It will be when I find my specs…that last post involved a fair bit of guesswork.

• 91 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:45 PM

BandB…I played that game earlier. Along with find the phone, the flip flops and side view mirror.

• 92 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:46 PM

I think you should go straight home, put a hot water bottle on the top of your heed and have the nearest beautiful Spanish lass rub Vick’s VapoRub all over your body Ibiza mate. It’s very soothing… she should sing to you as well…..

• 93 Bobbybee // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:48 PM

Spoof, of course i accept mate, we’ve never had crossed words which is why i was shocked! ๐Ÿ™‚ Those silly figures though are the reality of our situation – we’re third, but lets not split hairs. ๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe i didn’t state my point properly. If we continue to get 15/18 points, we’ll get promoted. One bad game? Neither here nor there really. And I really must go.

Ibiza, again, read my comments and i was having a laugh last night. Nothing more. And this time, i really really must go. Later chaps.

• 94 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Bobby…I get that. You’re still saying people should know these things though. My point is, they probably did, but were also “having a laugh”.

G2…Not going to lie, that sounds fairly ideal. The hot water bottle and vicks aren’t required though.

• 95 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Lo nuestro durรณ
    lo que duran dos peces de hielo
    en un gรผisqui on the rocks,
    en vez de fingir,
    o, estrellarme una copa de celos,
    le dio por reรญr.
    De pronto me vi,
    como un perro de nadie,
    ladrando, a las puertas del cielo.
    Is this helping Ibiza mate?

• 96 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:52 PM

G2…The song is lovely, just step away from the Vicks

• 97 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:52 PM

cheers, no harm then, far better result than the drama queens we usually get on here, enjoy your night, if you don’t then I won’t enjoy mine either, so I will come back on and give you some stick lol

• 98 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Or I could come over with a nice big pot of tea in my Thong of Victory and my Flip Flops of Destiny mate! Would that be better?

• 99 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:54 PM

I’m starting to feel a little queasy…

• 100 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:58 PM

I’ll be singing some very nice Jimmy Buffet for you as well Ibiza mate…..

• 101 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Did I mention I also play a very horrific sort of guitar music while I sing?

• 102 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 5:59 PM

It’s good to be cheered up by mates isn’t it Ibiza?

• 103 LGFUAD21 // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Shameful to hear the boos at half time during Wolves game.

We cannot take this league for granted. Our players may have ability but it takes more to win this league and countless times, the best team hasn’t made it out.

Lets get behind the lads and spur them on. Not get on their backs.

If we start jumping on the players backs because of a hiccup or two then we only make the situation worse. It’s a long, long season and no one will run away with it so lets fight til the end rather than spread negativity/

• 104 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:08 PM

each to there own but poetry and song writing on a football blog is a bit much, if you want to read poetry I’ll led you my Robert Fagles version of Homer’s The Illiad, don’t just read it but study it as well, that should keep you occupied for a year or two and leave us footballing folk to the football.

• 105 Jib // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Andy Woolmer
    Tonights ref
    He did a fair job of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy Final in Spring
    Barnsley 3 v Oxford United 2

• 106 beermonkey // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:10 PM

Evening chaps

What time is kick off

• 107 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:11 PM

and what do you constitute as being a fair job !

• 108 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:11 PM

I agree LGFUAD mate. We can’t fall into the pit of despair after one loss. Keep level heads, stay focused, watch our breathing, finish the follow through and complete the back swing. Oh, wait….. that’s golf…..

• 109 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Kickoff is 7:45 beermonkey.

• 110 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Spoof…I thought it broke up the back peddling and brown nosing somewhat. As you say, each to their own.

G2…Aye, it is, cheers.

• 111 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Apparently Jesus Gamez is doubtful for the match. When isn’t he doubtful?

• 112 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:16 PM

Very frustrating lad that Gamez. Rafa must be shaking his head.

• 113 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Geordie Two

when you visit and post on the other newcastle site with a similar name you are always sensible and coherent, why do you act the fool here when you clearly aren’t a fool, it’s so frustrating as many decent debates could be had.

• 114 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:19 PM

Calm down Spoof. Each to their own mate. No need to get nasty…..

• 115 GeordieTwo // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Off to practice guitar and listen to the pre-match. Have a great day lads.

• 116 Jib // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:29 PM

I don’t know if you watched it
    It was a cracking game
    He wasn’t overwhelmed by Wembley and really let the game flow .
    There were a couple of drama queens early doors writhing on the hallowed turf.
    He made it clear he wasn’t going to take any shit in the first quarter and it was a belting game after that.

• 117 Harley // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Hey guys anyone help?

Does anyone know how much adult and child tickets are tonight please?

• 118 WWSBRD // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:31 PM

U use other Newcastle blogs? Am hurt

• 119 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:31 PM

each to there own indeed, but both your good self and Geordie have been here long enough that I know that both of you are here for the football, your both ( my view only ) using the clown act so that you can see what the feeling is without committing, why do that, if you do then you will become insignificant and be overlooked when posting, if you want to be a bit part then carry on.

• 120 WWSBRD // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:33 PM

15 for adults 5 for bairns

• 121 Jib // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:33 PM

By the way both Mick Lowes and Ando commented that Tim Robinson’s refereeing on Saturday was more about him than the footy.

• 122 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Spoof…The clown act? I think I’ve been fairly consistent in my inconsistent blogging since I arrived.

The blog, for as long as I remember anyway (which could lead me to thinking it’s my doing…) has always had a mix of things going on, including a fair bit of silliness.

Whilst it isn’t my aim, I can live with a bit part, if that is where you feel I should be consigned to.

However, I am slightly curious as to what you mean by “can see what the feeling is without committing”? Committing to football talk?

• 123 Harley // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Thank you.

• 124 Offkey // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:40 PM

I enjoy my bit part status

• 125 Ibizatoon // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Who said that?

• 126 WWSBRD // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:40 PM

No bother

• 127 Jib // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:42 PM

These were the unused subs on Saturday
    They will be the first on the Team sheet tonight

• 128 Spoof // Sep 20, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Geordie, I’ve never been nasty from when I saw the light, that was after my 209th wife lol

I ‘m paid by Ed to keep tabs, it’s all in the best possible taste, who does that remind you of,——actually that’s a pile of shyte, but WW as far as your concerned your my favourite, bugger, that reminds me of someone as well

Kenny Everitt and Brucie, WW, if you deny any knowledge I will set the North Koreans onto you lol

previous post: Experienced Center-Back Eyeing Revenge Against Wolves