The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Is Definitely Good News For Newcastle

6:02 pm, Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 156 Comments

It looks like taking off young DeAndre Yedlin after 75 minutes on Saturday was a good move by Rafa Benitez and the 23 year-old American will likely be fit for tomorrow’s night’s test against Norwich City at home.

Norwich are now top of the league on 20 points from 9 games – 4 points more than Newcastle have.

And that’s one area that’s showing a vast improvement this season  – the injury situation –  since we only have long term injured player Rob Elliot along with Rolando Aarons with a broken foot and Spanish full-back Jesus Gamez struggling with a slight thigh injury.

DeAndre Yedlin aston villa

DeAndre Yedlin in action on Saturday

DeAndre was our Man of the Match for the game against Aston Villa on Saturday with 50% of the vote and it will be good news indeed if he is fit tomorrow – he’s been training today so all looked well.

This is what Rafa said in his press conference about the injury situation and he then once again stressed the team can improve in all areas:

“More or less, we have the same situation that we had before the Aston Villa game,”  “Jack Colback is training, he is fine. Yedlin left the pitch on Saturday, but I think he will be fine.”

“Yedlin’s doing well in the training sessions, as are the majority of them, and he’s working hard. We knew about his potential, but it’s still too soon, too early, to praise him too much.”

“I think he has to keep working hard. He has a very good mentality and he has to keep playing at the level he played at the other day, and to keep improving if he can.”

“We have room for improvement. In attack, we have to take our chances; in the middle, we have to control the ball and the game a bit better; in defence, we have to defend better,”

“The tactics, the substitutions, everything – we can improve.” “It’s a question of doing things in the right way, and we will be better.”

That seems to be Rafa’s mantra – to impress on his players all the time that there is big room for improvement.

It would be just the right time to get an outstanding performance from Newcastle tomorrow night at home and against the league leaders.

The two week International break comes after the weekend when we play at Rotherham United so two wins would be just what the doctor ordered.

Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Norwich?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: DeAndre Yedlin · Injuries · Newcastle News · Poll · Press · Press Conference

156 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Ha ha ha

• 2 Belfast // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Just seen that Pearson news. I was saying yesterday it was a toss up between him and Di Matteo for the first sacking. Looks like Nigel wins. 🙂

• 3 cyprus // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Talking about sackings, poor JC is one game away, it’s been reported. He wins it, stay of execution, loses, back home to the NE.

• 4 WWSBRD // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Be brilliant if Yedlin is fit he looked the part at RB against Villa…just need to get Haidara or Lazaar up to speed to take over at LB now

• 5 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:29 PM

47500 tickets already sold for tomorrow night. Not bad for a midweek game from that wee club in the north east innit?

• 6 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Get yersel sorted out with Periscope man !
    You’ll become a blog hero and BandB will start being nice to you

• 7 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Hoping Arma gets on the scoresheet tonight against Villa, would be nice for a geordie to put another nail in their coffin. 🙂

• 8 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Jib, not being funny mate, but I like to concentrate on the game when I’m there, not bugger about with phones. 🙂 Anyway, not even sure if my phone does periscope. I use it for phoning and texting and use my tablet for Interneting. Not much smart about my phone unfortunately – even the bloke operating it!! 🙂 I’ve got an old nokia 5800, which does me for what I need. Pretty old, but not exactly useless. That applies to both me and the phone. 🙂

• 9 Spoof // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:43 PM

from what I have seen so far it could be argued that we hope Arma has a stinker and that Barnsley do not win as they seem to be more of a threat than what Villa do at present !!!

• 10 cyprus // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Best to hope for a draw when talking about all enemies. It’s more likely we’ll be competing against his current team in the play offs.

• 11 cyprus // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Beat me to it

• 12 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Nowt wrong with Arma scoring in another draw surely? Villa are draw specialists and are Barnsley really serious contenders? I view them like Huddersfield myself, in that they maybe there now, but can’t see it lasting. Nobody should be writing Villa of just yet either, they have the team to put a run together.

• 13 Novocastrian66 // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Off topic but a canny article albeit a little brief. Sums up the Fat Sam situation quite well in my opinion.

• 14 cyprus // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Yes I mentioned the playoffs. I’ll stick with my original prediction. We’ll scrape into the playoffs,go to Wembley at last, I’ll be there, we win the most profitable game in the world 🙂

• 15 posada // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Yedlin is important. He has pace. The pace that Ritchie does not have. Ritchie is a good player and I’m pleased with his performances, but I think he needs a full back like Yedlin. He can attack the space behind the opposition full back.
    Just a hunch but our front 2, if you can call them that, never seem to get out wider and show for a pass from the winger.
    They should give them that option.

• 16 Spoof // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:03 PM

are Barnsley really serious contenders?

• 17 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Cyprus, really? You do know our record at Wembley don’t you? 🙂 Not exactly one to fill a mag with confidence is it?

• 18 cyprus // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Haven’t seen our new oldy CF, but if my man Mitro doesn’t step up, I think that should be our number one target in January: a free scoring 9.

• 19 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Ed, I’m not going to mention buses, trains, planes or roundabouts, my finger is parked on that subject to let Bobby have a chance to catch his breath.

Looks like we can safely select Yedlin for tomorrow night, although with Rafa who knows.

• 20 cyprus // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM

True B.

We’ll be alright 🙂

• 21 Novocastrian66 // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM

I’ll not be anywhere near Wembley if we’re in the playoff final. In fact I would not watch the game. I would hide away for two hours, somewhere where I cannot come in contact with the match.

• 22 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Barnsley aren’t a Leicester though. It’s great to see small clubs doing well, but they don’t have a squad big enough to last the pace imo. I want Arma to do exactly what he’s been sent there to do – score goals. Then he can come back and replace one of our misfiring strikers. Don’t want it to come at any cost to us obviously, but like I say, I just don’t see them as a real threat. I have the utmost confidence in Rafa to get us promoted automatically and give the play offs a body swerve. I have bad memories of Wembley.

• 23 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Jib what do you mean that Bobby can become a blog hero, he’s already a blog hero!

• 24 Spoof // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM

all he done was say that rules can be got around, but he did make it clear that back handers is a no no, as with Bradley Wiggins who has asked for and been granted permission the press have got to try and twist it into something which it isn’t.

• 25 Ron Knee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM

If it came to play-offs I think my ticker would peg out!

• 26 cyprus // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:12 PM

I’ll be there mate, work or not work. Not booking tickets and all that, don’t want to jinx it.

PS when is it

• 27 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:14 PM

I meant a bigger blog hero

• 28 posada // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:14 PM

I remember many years ago Brian Clough said – When I’m old and knackered at 50 that’s when I will give up management.
    He didn’t.
    But that makes me think. Why do you have to be in your 60’s to get the England job.
    It’s a young man’s game. Give the job to someone like Rio Ferdinand.
    Keegan had no experience. Likewise Klinsman.
    Success for the FA is qualification first above anything as that keeps the finances in order.
    Elimination in the tournament is just a disappointment.

• 29 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Nice of you to say so bill. (Your cheques in the post mate). 🙂

• 30 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Sky is now showing Telegraph footage which makes me think they know Allardyce is doomed !

• 31 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Ditto jib. Getting expensive this now. 🙂

• 32 Spoof // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:17 PM

I expect and hope that we win the league, I have a double with winning the league and the sad ones going down, but Barnsley do look a decent outfit and if a decent outfit can get a goal scorer in their ranks then they have got to be viewed as a threat, we have seen Villa, yeah we didn’t win but they we poor, very poor, at present I see Arma and his Barnsley team-mates as being a better side than the Villa, it’s amazing what a good goal scorer can do for a side in terms of confidence as they always give the rest of the team hope.

• 33 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Aye, a decision has been made by all accounts, just waiting for the fa to announce it. Looking glum for Hippo Heed though. Shorter reign than Don Revie – well done Sam. 🙂

• 34 Spoof // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Sods law, big Sam gets the boot, Moyes gets the big boot and big Sam goes back to the unwashed and ruins my bet.

• 35 Novocastrian66 // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Posada; What experience does Rio Ferdinand have that Keegan and Klinsman don’t have?
    Spoof; the way I’m picking it up is he is offering his services to explain how to detour the rules, rules that his employer is in the business of enforcing and policing. As he is right at the top of the organisation that governs those rules he should not be encouraging someone to break those rules.

• 36 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Well, can’t say I dìdn’t warn them. 🙂 Give it a couple of months though and see where they are then. Reckon we’ve got better teams to worry about myself.

• 37 Ron Knee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Telegraph Football
    #BREAKING Sam Allardyce loses job as England manager

• 38 cyprus // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM

So is this guy Sam getting the boot? Is this a record, anywhere?

• 39 cyprus // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM

• 40 Novocastrian66 // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Looks like Fat Sam is toast.

• 41 Ron Knee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:30 PM

It’s from the Beeb website.

• 42 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:30 PM

The trouble with play-offs is that the team that comes 3rd in the table doesn’t usually get promoted and we really are odds on for top three. So we got to do 1st or 2nd. Which we will!!

• 43 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Will another club touch him now? Might be the end for him.

• 44 cyprus // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:32 PM

How dumb can you he. Dream job, at last, and 400k buys you. Dumb, dumb.

• 45 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM

Sissoko getting splinters again tonight. Hands up those who sympathise… what? Nobody? 🙂

• 46 Ron Knee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Send for Percy! He’s on a winning blip at the moment.

• 47 toonking // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Getting ready to watch Leicester city and what do I see big fat sam announced sacked. I’ve been away most the day meaning I wasn’t fully up to date with things but have now did a bit searching and can see why.

Another english manager down and less choice left, pardew himself been linked with the job in the past, palace fans will certainly be crying out for him appointed as for england well they already rubbish come the finals. pardew it might give more excitement and hope creating a team who’s aim is to qualify for the finals rather that make us consistently watch obvious qualifier results and a horrendous final

• 48 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:38 PM

I’m amazed that Sam let himself get caught, thought he was smarter than that. Naivety in his case seem to be understating his mindset.

Don’t suppose he’ll have to build himself a mud hut in the woods to live in though.

• 49 Ron Knee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Richard Conway
    BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent
    Posted at
    Appears to be all over bar the shouting for Allardyce.. No official confirmation from FA yet but widely reported he has left England job.

• 50 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Give the lad from Bournemouth the job. Young, exciting ideas, good footballing brain. Top man.

• 51 Belfast // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Good news and I doubt he’ll be on our screens as a pundit anytime soon lol

• 52 toonking // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:40 PM

spurs have injuries and he’s still warming that bench wish I could sit on a champions league bench.

• 53 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:40 PM

He has a rep. for keeping clubs up, so someone will take him on although he might have to go out to pasture to chew the cud for a year or two.

• 54 Novocastrian66 // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

It’s just down to pure greed. His legacy will always be this incident. He is finished, unless he goes to China.

• 55 WWSBRD // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Hard lines Sam haha u div

Back in a PL job by Christmas though

• 56 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Bill, he can paper his walls with 20 pound notes from all his brown paper bags he’s collected over the years – allegedly. 🙂

• 57 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Toonking, don’t they have big comfy armchairs now.

• 58 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Does he ever not chew the cud? I know the inside of his fat gob better than my own!

• 59 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Sissoko isn’t in because he suffered a concussion at the weekend. No way he wouldn’t at least be in the squad if he hadn’t.

• 60 Yo-yo // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Fat Sam is on his way – they really have no choice.
    First he brings the game into disrepute by his team tactics then he is stupid enough to advise under cover journos how to break the rules.

The worst thing about it is the rule was made to avoid exploitation of young players, and he showed nothing but contempt for the players in the TV excerpts of the interview.

Wonder if he’s got previous ? There was the investigation by Panorama but it was inconclusive.

• 61 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Well, time to go. Gonna watch the spurs game on the box whilst I keep up ssn on here. The joys of an understanding woman eh? 🙂

• 62 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Come on lil, don’t spoil my fun! 🙂

• 63 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:47 PM

He might be on a cable finance advice program for football agents, seems to have the right knowledge.

• 64 Novocastrian66 // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM

I would be amazed if any club goes near him after this. He is good at rewriting history though. He will probably go round telling people that he is the only England manager with a 100% record and that England never conceded a goal while he was in charge.

• 65 posada // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Novo at 35. Not sure what you mean. My point was that Keegan had no managerial experience before the NUFC job, likewise Klinsman with Germany. So it would be for Ferdinand or a similar ex international in their 30’s.
    Eddie Howe has been mentioned. Would he command the respect of so called star players at international level.

• 66 archaeomag // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM

• 67 toonking // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM

russian world cup is looking good, only 250-300 spurs fans going to support spurs away, them russian will have lots of seats to watch teams and might be allowed to go racist now that fifa stopped anti racism you’d think putin was fifa president.

• 68 toonking // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:49 PM

away to watch leicester city

• 69 WWSBRD // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:50 PM

He’s a good manager at what he does and he’s proven to be able to keep a club in the pl he will get jobs mate, wasn’t even that bad what he did tbf

• 70 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Bobby my missus turns green when she see’s him on the box, his big problem is that he doesn’t keep his mouth shut whether he chewing or speaking (at the right times that is)

• 71 WWSBRD // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:51 PM

From what I’ve read anyway though Telegraph are drawing out the full details aren’t they?

• 72 Average_Contents // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:51 PM

He’s actually admitting that not just the team can improve but himself and his backroom staff.

Such a difference to “we wus tired” or “judge me after 10,15,20 games”

When was the last time THAT happened.

• 73 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:52 PM

We came very close to getting Viera, could have been interesting.

• 74 Ron Knee // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:52 PM

A number of foreign clubs would have him.

• 75 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Allardyce will have no shortage of offers I wouldn’t think. Too experienced and has shown himself capable of keeping sides up. Too much money involved for clubs to ignore his record, and let’s face it, many of the owners of football clubs at the higher level aren’t exactly beacons of good ethical and moral practices.

• 76 clinath@ed // Sep 27, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Must admit, I thought big Sam would get off with it.

• 77 Yo-yo // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Allardyce – unique as an England manager in having a 100% record..

• 78 Novocastrian66 // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:07 PM

WWSBRD; The FA are the guardians of the game and enforce the laws of the game and the governance of the game. The England manager should not be sticking his nose in the trough. It’s not a bit of after dinner speaking he was doing here, he was encouraging a third body to break the rules. From what I have seen, he did not do anything to discourage them. If he was still Sunderland manager, he may have got away with a fine for bringing the game into disrepute and Sunderland probably would have stood by him. That however does not make him right. As England manger he is expected to show greater integrity. He had to go.
    Also for the Telegraph to do a job on him there had to be a smoking gun. Whether clubs will want to be associated with him is another matter. Some low life club will probably take him on as you suggest. Probably Stoke or even Sunderland. Clubs that will put money higher than principles.

• 79 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Huddersfield winning. Having a cracking start to the season. Will be interesting to see if they can sustain it.

• 80 Average_Contents // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Huddersfield are winning 1-0 already.

Blackly will be happy.

• 81 Average_Contents // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Lil beat me to it.

• 82 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM

“Clubs that will put money higher than principles.”

I’d say that is probably the majority at the top end of the game. Sadly.

• 83 Novocastrian66 // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Lilo; Aye your right there mate.

• 84 WWSBRD // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Oh aye he couldn’t stay on as England manager but doesn’t mean he’s removed from the sport haha

Id say any none bottom half club would be interested tbh I’d imagine he’s far from the only manager who does such things

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Ellis Short will be in talks with his advisors right now as we speak seeing how they can offer Moyes a dignified way out (3M) should do it and Big Fat Sam will be back in Penywell before the end of next month.

• 86 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

David Wagner’s Huddersfield have to cope with the suspensions of van La Parra , Hudson and Lowe tonight.
    There could be a surprise by the final whistle

• 87 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:16 PM

Wigan beating Wolves though, and Preston beating Brum. At least that is 2 in our favour. If Huddersfield win that leaves us 6 behind them already. Rather than being critical of our start, I’d say 22 from 30 is a great achievement from them so far.

Given they’ve played ourselves, Villa, Wolves, Barnsley and Brighton, it has been a very impressive opening for them.

• 88 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:17 PM

They weren’t going to let an underage sex charge get in the way of PL survival, what’s a few bungs?

• 89 Novocastrian66 // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Posada; I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up.

• 90 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Based on the stats so far, they seem to be coping okay. 75% possession, 7 shots, and Rotherham haven’t had a shot at their goal yet – all as I type, subject to change at any second….

• 91 Ron Knee // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Will Fat Sam get any compensation, I wonder.

• 92 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:20 PM

Ha, and right on queue Rotherham equalise!

• 93 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:23 PM

• 94 clinath@ed // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:24 PM

Ha, the curse of the commentator.

• 95 clinath@ed // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Big Sam to Derby anyone?

• 96 clinath@ed // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Ah well, that didn’t last long.

• 97 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Bingo! lol.

• 98 davis_toons // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:30 PM

Its so Silly to Sack Sam Allardyce.

He is a man of open ideas and man enough and willing to take changes. Speaks his own words.

But Silly FA just sack him due to some TRUTH!?

Instead of asking on how to improve on the mentioned situation? (maybe behind close doors due to their loopholes ideas)

Sacking him will not improve Team England moving forward but adapting his ideas will.

So Silly to sack him..totally don’t agree.

I will support Sam. He is just telling the truth but to the wrong person.

Its England Loss.

• 99 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Huddersfield really concerning me at the moment they have a good manager and are destroying teams hopefully they will falter near January!!

• 100 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:34 PM

I always thought Davis went to bed in red and white jim jams

• 101 Ron Knee // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:34 PM

“He (Fat Sam) was due to announce his squad for the next round of qualifiers on Sunday but now Southgate will be in charge for four matches against Malta, Slovenia, Scotland and Spain as the FA searches for a successor.”

• 102 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:35 PM

I see Bet365 have installed Rafa as 26/1 for the England job. At the top of the also rans.

• 103 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:36 PM

I agree Allardyce could have been good for England, if not entertaining or stylish. But his position was completely untenable with the FA given what he said, and I’m sure he will have realised that the second he knew it was a sting.

• 104 Novocastrian66 // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:38 PM

Sam had the chance to prove to everyone who doubted him that he is as good as he thinks he is. However he found it more important to try and broker some dodgy deals on the side.
    The scenario reminds me of the Goodfellows; when Tommy Devito finds out he is going to be a “made man” only to get a bullet in the brain for past misdemeanours.

• 105 WWSBRD // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:41 PM

Haha mate no team should worry u in this league

• 106 Belfast // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:44 PM

I reckon there’s probably more revelations to come and that’s why he got the boot.

He got away with it in 2006 because they couldn’t nail him basically but this time they’ve got it from the horses mouth (pun intended) 🙂

• 107 Tsunki // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:45 PM

Leaving so soon Mr Allardyce? We hardly got to know you, and you haven’t even touched your scone and cup of tea.

Some revolving door that. Never mind. I’m sure that nice Mr Pardew likes scones. Especially other people’s.

• 108 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Not sure about destroying teams, I haven’t actually seen them much, but they look to be hardworking and hard to beat. With a guy who can score at this level up top as well. I think Wagner will have them very fit, and there is a chance they could well keep it up, although it will take a monumental effort to do so over the season.

• 109 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Bruce and Southgate pretty short priced favourites at the moment. Southgate gets a four game audition. His to throw away really given the fixtures….

• 110 Belfast // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:49 PM

It’s a sad day for football – Well apparently it is. I haven’t cried yet though (honestly)

• 111 Average_Contents // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Aye, they’ve started strongly and beat some decent teams so far.

Let’s hope it doesn’t last though.

Saying that I’m fairly confident we’ll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season regardless of the form of other teams.

What do you make of Atsu so far (in the limited game time he’s had)

• 112 davis_toons // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:57 PM

He is been silly or careless as he gets older ..or maybe was he trying to do what other dare not and easily get some publicity and penny along the way.

He could have sell this to the FA and slowly work a way out gaining some trust or perhaps stability. (Or even help them tackle such problem since its been out)

Thats great help for Team England and FA might push on and assist him in his project and ideas.

What a waste.

• 113 WWSBRD // Sep 27, 2016 at 8:58 PM

I think I must be the arrogant geordie other fans talk about u know because honestly Ive seen very little from this league that makes me think we wont go up champions, only thing Ive seen that has me worried is within our squad and the mistakes we have made

• 114 Average_Contents // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:00 PM

2-1 to Huddersfield.

Blackley will be spitting his crackers everywhere.

Sqauk. Sqauk. 🙂

• 115 toonking // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:00 PM

So BFS is out therefore a new england manager is needed.

Southgate is the favourite english man he’s made out to have done great with U21 surely why not bring that into the main team can’t be any worse than most other managers they’ve failed 13/8

afters a duo of english men with links of the north east, first up the georgie himself will that brucy bonus finally arrive or does he do what he did to sunderland, in other words mak us fail to qualify for the finals, scum bags will tell you. 9/4

Second is the man who has a run that suits the current england great, pardew will have his long run of good results in qualifiers then a record breaking run of losses in the finals and it’s build up of friendlies 6/1

arseal are always raving on about getting rid of the arse, perhaps he can start a career being the manager of an international team with expectations never reached. 20/1

How about shearer he’s always talking about england perhaps it’s time to get up of that bench as and england substitute manager. 22/1

• 116 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Unfair to judge him at all based on his time at Newcastle. Goofy has played very well so far, as has Ritchie, and probably limited his game time, but given he has been in England a while, and has been at a few clubs here I’d have expected him to have been more involved.

Personally, from seeing him play for Ghana, I don’t really think he is a good fit, or suits the work ethic that Rafa tends to demand. He has flashes, and will at times excite fans when he gets a chance, but not always to the benefit of the side, or the general play of the team.

Still, hopefully Rafa can instil a different mentality into him, or get him into a mindset where he is happy and willing to come on against tired legs and close games, or turn them.

I’m confident Rafa will have us there or thereabouts as well, but whilst I have no problem with rotation per sé, I think Rafa has probably overdone it a bit so far this season. Still plenty of time, and a win tomorrow leaves the table looking rosy, given the number of expected challengers we have played so far.

• 117 davis_toons // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:04 PM

The FA did not do the smartest thing. By sacking Sam doesn’t mean that the the Truth is not there.

They miss the chance of getting it right. Those words from Sam are from the horse’s mouth.

Southgate cannot fill the role.

• 118 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:06 PM

Ha, yeah, that’s you!

Still, from what I’ve seen, read and listened to of our games/performances, I’d imagine Norwich fans, and some others think that we haven’t been too much to write home about other than the QPR match.

• 119 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Bloody hell, Villa winning a game! Step up Arma please, and ruin their evening.

• 120 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Arma didn’t start.. Time to come on then.

• 121 Yo-yo // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:09 PM

He was advising in how to break the third party contract rule, which was passed in 2009 to avoid players becoming the property of their agents.
    So screwing players basically.

• 122 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Drby winning away from home without the prat Pearson
    Ha ha ha

• 123 bettyswallocks // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Shame and disgrace on the greedy fat tw@t.

• 124 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Brentford humping Reading 3 – 0 !

• 125 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:13 PM

The truth is there, Allardyce was saying he would help them break FIFA and FA laws for a fee. Show them how to avoid regulations, and to take advantage of players.

At the sharp end, I can understand why people wouldn’t care too much if someone screwed Rooney out of some money, or another mega star, but it is there to help protect young players who can end up being trafficked and moved illegally.

• 126 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:14 PM

Burton beating QPR
    Forest beating Fulham

• 127 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:16 PM

Could defo do with the Millers beating the Terriers

• 128 jimmysmith // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:36 PM

That is corrupt Sam, and corruption is arguably the greatest blight on the human condition. Imagine a world without it. Zero sympathy for him.

• 129 toonking // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:36 PM

not having our game until tomorrow looks to be giving us a nasty sight. The current scores of the championship games look to be putting ourselves into 9th place. The massive GD we have will allow us to go all the way back up to 4th place but without the win we will be sitting 2 games away from the auto promotions and sitting below brighton too. I thinks it’s clear to say the race for auto promotion is going to be between Huddersfield, norwich, brighton and ourselve.

• 130 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Spurs winning in Moscow
    I hate to think what Man City will do to Celtic tomorrow !

• 131 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Great result for Leicester!

• 132 clinath@ed // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:38 PM

Far too early in the season for that toonking mate

• 133 WWSBRD // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:38 PM

Then their fans havent been paying attention haha the losses were our own doing mistakes that led to goals, so far we’ve controlled games, held a very strong defense and been scoring plus we’ve pretty much only faced top end opponents, our run of fixtures after Norwich are nice

Norwich have had a easy run in of fixtures so far

• 134 toonking // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:39 PM

leicester city 1-0 wi, is their more t come from this historic run?

• 135 Belfast // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Villa he he he

• 136 manxpie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:41 PM

haha fat sam
    haha villa

• 137 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:42 PM

Must must win tomorrow, we’re down in ninth 😮

• 138 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Yeah, we’ve had a difficult run, although Villa and Derby have hardly landed a blow so far. We’ve struggled against teams that sit deep at times. I know that they all count, but take out Reading and QPR results, we are averaging 1 goal a game. We’ve scored less than Barnsley, the same as Forest and just 1 more than Norwich and Bristol City, so we aren’t the only team getting goals.

None of the teams overly worry me, but I don’t think we have performed at a level that allows us to write them off. The one thing we probably have over (almost?) every side, is that we have the potential to step our game up more than them. I’d just prefer us to do it sooner rather than later!

• 139 manxpie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:46 PM

if a contract is said to be ‘terminated’ does it still get payed up?
    be a fuskin joke if he gets £3 mill after getting sacked trying to get an extra £400 grand!

• 140 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Who scored for Barnsley ?

• 141 Belfast // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:48 PM

Davis are you on the sauce ? He’s at the top of the tree in England and he’s taking backhanders and advising folk how to break fa rules.

What do you think they should have done?

He made his position untenable and he’s not a great manager anyway.

• 142 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:48 PM

That looked like Bas Dost scoring for Sporting against Legia Warsaw

• 143 loonie-toon // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:48 PM

I read fat Sam left is post seen ppl saying e was sacked y e leave or get sacked like ??? Am in court in morning so mayb not round to find out lol wat happened with the situation

• 144 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Not Arma. Can’t remember who, but it wasn’t him.

• 145 Belfast // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Think Di Matteo could be offski soon.

• 146 Jib // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:50 PM

No pay out for Allardyce.
    He resigned

• 147 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Will depend on the terms of the termination. I’d imagine he will get some sort of golden handshake, but I doubt it will be anywhere near his full contract terms, given his conduct and reasons for leaving the post.

• 148 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Mutual consent according to the BBC, so probably a pay off to prevent them having to prolong the departure, or Allardyce trying to defend his actions.

• 149 Belfast // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:53 PM

He might have got some cash if it was mutual agreement Manxpie, but not the full contracts worth. He probably agreed a 400 grand pay off haha

• 150 WWSBRD // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:54 PM

Mate we dont need to score that many because our defense is solid and we control games, its Rafas tactic. And what team doesnt struggle to score through 10 bodies haha

Ur right though the team is still coming together and the rotation means it’ll take longer, we hammered Reading in 3rd gear and they are now ahead of us in the league tonight….if am wrong I will hold my hands up and the end of the season and admit it but nar mate I still think we will walk this league

• 151 manxpie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:54 PM

good because that would’ve been the pinnacle of the craziness of football!
    can’t wait to see the first pic of him and that smug grin gone forever!

• 152 WWSBRD // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:57 PM

Can I withhold the right to rub it in ur face when we are promoted in March though? Haha

• 153 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:59 PM

I think anything less than automatic promotion would be a failure by players and management. I fully expect us to go up automatically.

I’d imagine a loss tomorrow would have Rafa questioning a few things, so why not the fans? Norwich win tomorrow, and we have dropped nearly half the available points so far this season. I can’t imagine Rafa, the club or the players would have anticipated being in a position like that after 10 games.

• 154 manxpie // Sep 27, 2016 at 9:59 PM

why the hell is glenn hoddle getting so many nods on sky sports he was the last manager to leave through huge controversy!

• 155 Lilongwe Geordie // Sep 27, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Even though I agree we will get promoted, I am happy to let you gloat when it happens!

• 156 Bobbybee // Sep 27, 2016 at 10:05 PM

So, after another round of games the situation is this. A win tomorrow takes us back up to third, with the gap to top closing again to three points. Absolutely nothing to fear. 🙂 We keep closing that gap every round of games and then we have some seriously winnable games on the horizon, starting at Rotherham.

previous post: Jamaal Lascelles Again Demonstrates Great Leadership