This Is Definitely Good News For Newcastle

It looks like taking off young DeAndre Yedlin after 75 minutes on Saturday was a good move by Rafa Benitez and the 23 year-old American will likely be fit for tomorrow’s night’s test against Norwich City at home.

Norwich are now top of the league on 20 points from 9 games – 4 points more than Newcastle have.

And that’s one area that’s showing a vast improvement this season  – the injury situation –  since we only have long term injured player Rob Elliot along with Rolando Aarons with a broken foot and Spanish full-back Jesus Gamez struggling with a slight thigh injury.

DeAndre Yedlin aston villa

DeAndre Yedlin in action on Saturday

DeAndre was our Man of the Match for the game against Aston Villa on Saturday with 50% of the vote and it will be good news indeed if he is fit tomorrow – he’s been training today so all looked well.

This is what Rafa said in his press conference about the injury situation and he then once again stressed the team can improve in all areas:

“More or less, we have the same situation that we had before the Aston Villa game,”  “Jack Colback is training, he is fine. Yedlin left the pitch on Saturday, but I think he will be fine.”

“Yedlin’s doing well in the training sessions, as are the majority of them, and he’s working hard. We knew about his potential, but it’s still too soon, too early, to praise him too much.”

“I think he has to keep working hard. He has a very good mentality and he has to keep playing at the level he played at the other day, and to keep improving if he can.”

“We have room for improvement. In attack, we have to take our chances; in the middle, we have to control the ball and the game a bit better; in defence, we have to defend better,”

“The tactics, the substitutions, everything – we can improve.” “It’s a question of doing things in the right way, and we will be better.”

That seems to be Rafa’s mantra – to impress on his players all the time that there is big room for improvement.

It would be just the right time to get an outstanding performance from Newcastle tomorrow night at home and against the league leaders.

The two week International break comes after the weekend when we play at Rotherham United so two wins would be just what the doctor ordered.

Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Norwich?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:11 PM

• Belfast

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Lochinvar

Just seen that Pearson news. I was saying yesterday it was a toss up between him and Di Matteo for the first sacking. Looks like Nigel wins. 🙂

• cyprus

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Talking about sackings, poor JC is one game away, it’s been reported. He wins it, stay of execution, loses, back home to the NE.

• WWSBRD

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Be brilliant if Yedlin is fit he looked the part at RB against Villa…just need to get Haidara or Lazaar up to speed to take over at LB now

• Bobbybee

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:29 PM

47500 tickets already sold for tomorrow night. Not bad for a midweek game from that wee club in the north east innit?

• Jib

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Bobbybee
    Get yersel sorted out with Periscope man !
    You’ll become a blog hero and BandB will start being nice to you
    😀

• Bobbybee

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Hoping Arma gets on the scoresheet tonight against Villa, would be nice for a geordie to put another nail in their coffin. 🙂

• Bobbybee

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Jib, not being funny mate, but I like to concentrate on the game when I’m there, not bugger about with phones. 🙂 Anyway, not even sure if my phone does periscope. I use it for phoning and texting and use my tablet for Interneting. Not much smart about my phone unfortunately – even the bloke operating it!! 🙂 I’ve got an old nokia 5800, which does me for what I need. Pretty old, but not exactly useless. That applies to both me and the phone. 🙂

• Spoof

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:43 PM

Bobbybee

from what I have seen so far it could be argued that we hope Arma has a stinker and that Barnsley do not win as they seem to be more of a threat than what Villa do at present !!!

• cyprus

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM

B,
    Best to hope for a draw when talking about all enemies. It’s more likely we’ll be competing against his current team in the play offs.

• cyprus

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Spoof
    Beat me to it

• Bobbybee

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Nowt wrong with Arma scoring in another draw surely? Villa are draw specialists and are Barnsley really serious contenders? I view them like Huddersfield myself, in that they maybe there now, but can’t see it lasting. Nobody should be writing Villa of just yet either, they have the team to put a run together.

• Novocastrian66

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Off topic but a canny article albeit a little brief. Sums up the Fat Sam situation quite well in my opinion.

• cyprus

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Yes I mentioned the playoffs. I’ll stick with my original prediction. We’ll scrape into the playoffs,go to Wembley at last, I’ll be there, we win the most profitable game in the world 🙂

• posada

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Yedlin is important. He has pace. The pace that Ritchie does not have. Ritchie is a good player and I’m pleased with his performances, but I think he needs a full back like Yedlin. He can attack the space behind the opposition full back.
    Just a hunch but our front 2, if you can call them that, never seem to get out wider and show for a pass from the winger.
    They should give them that option.

• Spoof

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Bobbybee

are Barnsley really serious contenders?

Leicester.

• Bobbybee

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Cyprus, really? You do know our record at Wembley don’t you? 🙂 Not exactly one to fill a mag with confidence is it?

• cyprus

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Haven’t seen our new oldy CF, but if my man Mitro doesn’t step up, I think that should be our number one target in January: a free scoring 9.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Ed, I’m not going to mention buses, trains, planes or roundabouts, my finger is parked on that subject to let Bobby have a chance to catch his breath.

Looks like we can safely select Yedlin for tomorrow night, although with Rafa who knows.

• cyprus

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM

True B.

We’ll be alright 🙂

• Novocastrian66

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM

I’ll not be anywhere near Wembley if we’re in the playoff final. In fact I would not watch the game. I would hide away for two hours, somewhere where I cannot come in contact with the match.

• Bobbybee

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Barnsley aren’t a Leicester though. It’s great to see small clubs doing well, but they don’t have a squad big enough to last the pace imo. I want Arma to do exactly what he’s been sent there to do – score goals. Then he can come back and replace one of our misfiring strikers. Don’t want it to come at any cost to us obviously, but like I say, I just don’t see them as a real threat. I have the utmost confidence in Rafa to get us promoted automatically and give the play offs a body swerve. I have bad memories of Wembley.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Jib what do you mean that Bobby can become a blog hero, he’s already a blog hero!

• Spoof

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Novo

all he done was say that rules can be got around, but he did make it clear that back handers is a no no, as with Bradley Wiggins who has asked for and been granted permission the press have got to try and twist it into something which it isn’t.

• Ron Knee

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Novo

If it came to play-offs I think my ticker would peg out!

• cyprus

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Novo
    I’ll be there mate, work or not work. Not booking tickets and all that, don’t want to jinx it.

PS when is it

• Jib

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Essex
    I meant a bigger blog hero

• posada

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:14 PM

I remember many years ago Brian Clough said – When I’m old and knackered at 50 that’s when I will give up management.
    He didn’t.
    But that makes me think. Why do you have to be in your 60’s to get the England job.
    It’s a young man’s game. Give the job to someone like Rio Ferdinand.
    Keegan had no experience. Likewise Klinsman.
    Success for the FA is qualification first above anything as that keeps the finances in order.
    Elimination in the tournament is just a disappointment.

• Bobbybee

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Nice of you to say so bill. (Your cheques in the post mate). 🙂

• Jib

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Sky is now showing Telegraph footage which makes me think they know Allardyce is doomed !

• Bobbybee

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Ditto jib. Getting expensive this now. 🙂

• Spoof

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Bobby

I expect and hope that we win the league, I have a double with winning the league and the sad ones going down, but Barnsley do look a decent outfit and if a decent outfit can get a goal scorer in their ranks then they have got to be viewed as a threat, we have seen Villa, yeah we didn’t win but they we poor, very poor, at present I see Arma and his Barnsley team-mates as being a better side than the Villa, it’s amazing what a good goal scorer can do for a side in terms of confidence as they always give the rest of the team hope.

• Bobbybee

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Aye, a decision has been made by all accounts, just waiting for the fa to announce it. Looking glum for Hippo Heed though. Shorter reign than Don Revie – well done Sam. 🙂

• Spoof

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Sods law, big Sam gets the boot, Moyes gets the big boot and big Sam goes back to the unwashed and ruins my bet.

• Novocastrian66

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Posada; What experience does Rio Ferdinand have that Keegan and Klinsman don’t have?
    Spoof; the way I’m picking it up is he is offering his services to explain how to detour the rules, rules that his employer is in the business of enforcing and policing. As he is right at the top of the organisation that governs those rules he should not be encouraging someone to break those rules.

• Bobbybee

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Well, can’t say I dìdn’t warn them. 🙂 Give it a couple of months though and see where they are then. Reckon we’ve got better teams to worry about myself.

• Ron Knee

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Telegraph Football
    TeleFootball
    #BREAKING Sam Allardyce loses job as England manager

• cyprus

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM

So is this guy Sam getting the boot? Is this a record, anywhere?

• cyprus

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM

RK,
    Fact?!

• Novocastrian66

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Looks like Fat Sam is toast.