The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle 4 Norwich 3 – Full Video Highlights

12:40 pm, Thursday, September 29th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 14 Comments

Here is the video of last night’s highlights from Norwich City TV and it seems to be available to fans around the world.

We certainly missed chances in that first half, but when Newcastle get the winning goal notice how the Scottish commentator is just stunned for a few seconds before he can say anything.

To be fair it was a crushing blow to Norwich – we know what that’s like after what happened at Villa last Saturday but it’s even worse than that – they lost all three points in stoppage time.

Gut wrench time for Norwich fans, but the opposite for Geordie fans.

Hey maybe we’ll both get promoted in May!

Tags: Championship · Management · Newcastle News · Video

14 responses so far ↓

• 1 hibbit // Sep 29, 2016 at 12:43 PM

bobby mate
    give it a rest about folk leaving early its not something new if you remember the old 10 minute flag(( in the corner between the popular side and the gallowgate end )when it came down there was a mass exodus to leave no matter were the game was followed by a rush of folks coming in for the last 10 minutes

folk have all kinds of reasons for leaving its there loss

lets just enjoy the moment

• 2 nut meg // Sep 29, 2016 at 12:51 PM

No mistaking who the commentator wanted to win.When the 4th goal went there was a bit of a pause..ha ha.

• 3 ilovetoon8788 // Sep 29, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Shelvey passing yesterday was sublime.. His passing range on his day is like Xavi. Up there with the best on the planet. If only he can do it consistently. That’s why he’s in the championship.

• 4 Legolas // Sep 29, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Ha ha bobbybee, How did you know? I was on the phone this morning asking about the family end. I could persuade the wife I think if I take the little one. My mate still sits in the milburn stand and there is a few seats left. It will be four rows from the back though. That doesn’t bother me. Just the walk up the stairs might but the little one off. I don’t miss that walk. Lol.

• 5 Laurent Robert 32 // Sep 29, 2016 at 12:56 PM

The more I see Gayle’s finishing opportunities, the more I’m impressed with how many are within a few feet of the target, even when at awkward angles. It is a sign of a capable finisher.

I know Holloway and Fry have bigged him up about it for a while. He chases and hassles people down a bit like Bellamy did as well, albeit not as quick. Anything above chest height in a one on one and his value diminishes a lot, though. Having Mitro around him would benefit him – and that’s exactly how the last goal came as it happens.

I don’t think Diame is doing enough to keep his place as a number 10. Either drop him back next to Shelvey, or bench him I’d say.

• 6 Bobbybee // Sep 29, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Hibbett mate, don’t tell me what to do eh? . I don’t do it to you. I was giving a report on the game and that was part of it. Everybody has left early to avoid traffic always, but 20 minutes left following their third goal? Thought it was worth mentioning in my report because it served them right. I’m not very pc as you’ve noticed, I say it how I see it. You’re sounding like one of those who left then! 🙂 Why would I leave it out of my report? Only reason I mentioned it again this morning was to point out specifically that I wasn’t referring to the early avoid the traffic fans, but those who deserted – for want of a better word – the team in a time of need. If I hurt their feelings ask me if I give one, because I don’t. You know me mate, thick and thin. Leave 20 minutes early and miss the fun? Serves em right. Again, in case you missed it, I wasn’t talking about those who leave to avoid the traffic. This isn’t an issue mate, let’s not make it into one eh?

And I missed the bloody bus again! 🙂

• 7 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Sep 29, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Bobby bee
    Aye Boro was a nightmare
    remember train journey home their fans were dropping bricks and rocks from the bridges coming out of Smogland

• 8 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Sep 29, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Bobby bee
    Agree 20 minutes left leaving after their third goal was’t to beat the traffic – Going to be honest I would say there is a minority who have tickets this year jumped on the RAFA bandwagon and thought everything in the garden was going to be rosy – should no better supporting the TOON.

ps – fan interview coming up on BBC Radio 5 live on fan who left early last night and missed the climax – if it’s the one I heard last night – pretty funny

• 9 Bobbybee // Sep 29, 2016 at 1:02 PM

Legolas, take your son mate. Carry him if you have to ha ha! There’s something special about going with your son or daughter. It’s a bonding thing innit? I kinda guessed from your posts that the bug was biting again. 🙂 Just thought I’d nudge you in the right direction! You know you want to. You won’t have this time again with your lad mate, make the most of it. Should be a ticket salesman eh? Lmao!

• 10 expatmag // Sep 29, 2016 at 1:04 PM

God I remember that Walsall game. Lodt 1-0 and there wasnt a blade of grass on the pitch. Total quagmire.

I remember getting on the train at the central station, pissing down with rain with rumours of yhe game already called off. The train dropped us off under a motorway and e had to walk a couple of miles, up over this bridge and into the ground.

They only had one tirnstile open and we had to go in through there, pass through one end of the ground and then down the far side under the tin roof.

Shite game. Dont remember much about getting home other than some of the fans chucked off the train in Derby

• 11 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Sep 29, 2016 at 1:09 PM

I that was my worst day following the TOON – total nightmare from beginning to end – about six hours on the train coming back absolute piss wet through.

Yet best day away was in the cup in the midlands when we beat West Brom 3-1 – Hibbert got injured – Jinky Jim came on and was MAGNIFICENT

• 12 Bobbybee // Sep 29, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Cheers for that heads up mate, was listening to talksport but switched it over. When will they ever learn? You’re right though, there has been a return of the fans that expect to win every game and throw their toys out the pram when it doesn’t happen. I get stick for saying all fans aren’t equal in their support, but nobody better compare us with them mate. I get the avoid the traffic ones – although I’ve never left a game early myself, but that’s my choice. Saying fans who desert like that are typical Toon fans is just not right. They’re nothing like me and you mate! 🙂

• 13 bettyswallocks // Sep 29, 2016 at 1:16 PM

I agree with Bobby that those fans who left with 20 mins. to go are not proper fans and deserved to miss the amazing climax. The team needs support for 90 mins not 60 and those fickle fans should give their season tickets up to someone more worthy.

• 14 kintrak // Sep 29, 2016 at 3:15 PM

On midweek night games regardless of score on a working week always leave ten minutes early I start work at 3am for F***ks sake i might get 4 hours kip if lucky so dont preach to me about loyalty proper fan etc dont neeed you or anyone else telling me when i should leave i dont leave because of a reaction to the game we all dont have cosy F****ing jobs.been going for over 40 years through thin and thin. weekends no problem always stay to end

previous post: Player Could Leave Newcastle Permanently In January