The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Please Help Save 4 Year-Old Frankie Sherwood’s Life

3:18 pm, Thursday, September 29th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

There is an ice hockey game on Sunday between the Billingham Stars and the Whitley Bay Warriors at the Whitley Bay ice rink to raise money for 4 year-old Frankie Sherwood from North Shields.

Frankie unfortunately has Neuroblastoma cancer and the family is trying to raise £550K to get Frankie over to America for what could be life saving treatment.

Little Frankie Sherwood – please help

Here’s all the information about the game and about the fundraising to help Frankie.

Please see if you can donate and please help to spread the word about Frankie Sherwood.

Thank you.

Tags: Charity · Illness · Newcastle News · Other News

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 bettyswallocks // Sep 29, 2016 at 3:25 PM–/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NDY1O3E9OTU7dz02MDA-/

Mr. Tuff……. It won’t hurt you to hold it in for a few minutes.

• 2 swemag // Sep 29, 2016 at 3:29 PM

On people criticizing Darlow yesterday.

One penalty, one deflection and an absolute beauty. Not sure any keeper could have done anything about those goals.

• 3 Bobbybee // Sep 29, 2016 at 3:33 PM

Can’t see that happening sadly, but if you’ve never been to an ice hockey game, I can strongly recommend it. For entertainment value it’s a close second to football imo. Crap on tv, but live it’s brilliant. Good atmosphere as well. Definitey worth the entrance fee and for a good cause to boot.

• 4 Bobbybee // Sep 29, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Swemag, being critical, I think Darlow’s positioning could’ve been better, but it was a cracking goal so I won’t be too harsh on the lad. 🙂

• 5 toontaff2 // Sep 29, 2016 at 3:54 PM

On leaving early – 2007 replay v Birmingham in FA Cup, lost 1-5, Taylor shot/sent off – 2 of us still there in East Stand/Leazes corner -look at those miserable pair of Mags – commentator on “highlights”!

• 6 toontaff2 // Sep 29, 2016 at 3:57 PM

4-3 v ManCiteh in 2004, many had gone to the pub at 3-3, Bellamy scored last minute, got to the pub, many still thought we had drawn as left early!

• 7 toontaff2 // Sep 29, 2016 at 3:58 PM

A few in the Gallowgate left at 1-3, missed our second, third and fourth! I will ask them if they are glad they left, next match!

• 8 lesh // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:04 PM

So there’s some criticising Dsrlow now.

Sels’s been criticised to the point of disgraceful in some cases and posters were clamouring for Darlow instead. Darlow played and he was beaten three times so it’s his turn for the finger pointing.

Honestly, there’s no pleasing some.

Maybe they’d like young Woodman to have a go at next? Or maybe they’d like a turn between the sticks to see just how easy it is.

• 9 Mister Tuff // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:05 PM

I would like to point out that abusing fellow fans at the match is not called for. Nobody has a right to do this.
    It is contrary to the clubs policies and ground regulations.
    From the club site “The club will not tolerate any form of racist abuse, or any persistent foul and abusive language”.

• 10 lesh // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:07 PM

Aye, I remember seeing two forlorn figures in their toon tops looking as sick as chips.

If that was you, you should have been given free entry for life.

• 11 toontaff2 // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:15 PM

It goes with the territory, supporting the Toon! We made sure we looked suitably miserable!
    And it was raining and coming in on us, in the front row!

• 12 toontaff2 // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:21 PM

Someone was asking about the first match ball – I’m sure it was Norwich’s first touch and one of their defenders hoofed it straight over the East Stand – got a cheer/the bird! Maybe someone left early, to retrieve it!
    It was a sign of things to come-Norwich were wasting time from the start, taking an age for throw-ins! The ref was shocking, lost control and when he booked Mitro, he had to chase their player for an age to book him! Then, when he booked Jerome for pushing Yedlin and Lascelles for joining in, he wasted 3 or 4 minutes sorting it out and then allowing them to make a sub.
    Neil is joking, crying about the added time, which was about 9 minutes!

• 13 ilovetoon8788 // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:21 PM

I find it surprising that no one is talking about Shelvey. His passing is up there with the best in the world. He just needs consistency.

• 14 Blackley and Brownlie // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:39 PM

What I can’t understand is how, in a country as large as yours, it boils down to those two as the offering. I appreciate money pays a massive part over there. But those two?

• 15 Blackley and Brownlie // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:40 PM

What’s up with my spelling on here today?

• 16 lesh // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:42 PM

I wasn’t at the match nor did I see any of it apart from the goals, but if Alex Neil told his players to stop time wasting, he mightn’t be faced with so much extra extra time he’s whining about.

• 17 Blackley and Brownlie // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:42 PM

The good thing is I don’t see anyone looking uncomfortable on the big stage, except perhaps Sels.

• 18 firebug666 // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Thinking of taking my Brother and my son to Newcastle V Blackburn on 26th Nov. My son has been to a couple of matches with me but my brother has never been to a match.

As I said a while ago he is ill, (probably because he is not a football fan,) so I told him there is only one stadium and if he want’s to see a live match then there is only one team to watch.

The reason I am posting this is I rarely get to matches myself, but if anyone wants to meet up for a drink before and after the game this is one game I will get to. Would love to meet up with any others going.

• 19 Blackley and Brownlie // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:47 PM

Neil was whingeing at everything throughout the game.

What was up with our physio when Yedlin got injured. He just stood like a tit in a trance while Yedlin rolled about off the pitch. Then when he went to him, he just put his hand on him like he was Jesus. At least if you put the magic sponge on, it looks like you’re doing something.

• 20 lesh // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Blackley…. And Trump in particular? Thick, sexist, racist and bloody dangerous to boot.

The American people who’ve got those two to this stage seem unable to see past their rhetoric believing noses.

Mind, in saying that, we’re no better when you consider 17 million of the great British voting public were conned by soundbites on June 23.

When will they ever learn, asked Pete Seeger, bless him.

• 21 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:51 PM

6 substitutions @ 30 seconds each = 3 minutes
    10 bookings @ 30 seconds each = 5 minutes

There’s eight minutes without any time wasting or injuries to attend to

then there was about a minute for Yedlin’s injury
    plus all the fouls bounce ball lining up free kicks

Bloody hell at least 15 minutes????

• 22 toontaff2 // Sep 29, 2016 at 4:52 PM

It was justice, in the end, scoring so late after the time wasting!
    No flags in the Gallowgate -All been nicked?
    Cannot add much to Charlie’s report, but we were all stood last few minutes in our part of the Gallowgate and were jumping up and down – crazy!
    Lot of people not happy with Diame- looks clumsy/lazy!
    Dummett got plenty of stick, but beat man and brilliant cross for Ritchie who hit bar.
    Colback could have stopped third goal by taking one for the team but was unable to, due to his daft yellow after 6 minutes! Needs to be more sensible – was on the touchline, halfway -plain daft foul!

• 23 Graeme // Sep 29, 2016 at 5:05 PM

If you haven’t seen it, this is priceless from the smb’s lol

• 24 Blackley and Brownlie // Sep 29, 2016 at 5:14 PM

I was one of those who voted leave. Don’t believe I was conned. Everybody understood how the £350m was made up and that the Leave Campaign were not the Government and so weren’t making promises.

• 25 Jib // Sep 29, 2016 at 5:46 PM

For the match against Rotherham there is not much recovery time ( probably one gentle training session tomorrow) so the first players you consider are the unused subs – Sels, Mbemba, Lazaar, Perez – then the subs – Atsu , Hayden , Mitrovic
    The only shoo ins are probably Ritchie and Shelvey – with Rafa’s focus on defence Hanley and/or Clark should get a start – Anita still has one more match to serve of his suspension Jesus Gamez seeemed to being training OK earlier in the week.
    We have a fortnight after this Saturday when we play Brentford at home.

• 26 Belfast // Sep 29, 2016 at 5:50 PM

I don’t feel conned either Blackley 🙂

Lesh – One might say the people who were conned were those who thought the world would end if we voted leave and believed Cameron, Osborne and chums. 🙂

previous post: There’s Only One Man Of The Match After Last Night