The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Poll – This Is The Result Newcastle Fans Expect at Rotherham

10:12 pm, Friday, September 30th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 33 Comments

More than nine Newcastle fans in 10 (91%) think Newcastle will win the game tomorrow at Rotherham United and that’s an extremely high percentage.

It’s almost the same percentage – 92% – that thought we would beat Cheltenham Town at home in the 2nd round of the EFL Cup – which ranks as the highest percentage of the season so far.

alan-stubbs-rotherham

Rotherham manager Alan Stubbs

We’ll be delighted with a win tomorrow and we must not have any let-down.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Rotherham?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Championship · Newcastle News · Poll · Prediction

33 responses so far ↓

• 1 Howay50 // Sep 30, 2016 at 10:28 PM

1st!! LOL!!!

Toon victory for sure.HWTLs!!!

• 2 Howay50 // Sep 30, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Tumbleweed in the Bigg Market….where is ye alls?

• 3 NewcastleMole // Sep 30, 2016 at 10:40 PM

My heart says Win my head says draw.

There’s are the games we should be winning which is why i think we’ll struggle.
    The weakness in the team at the mo,with the formation rafa is playing seems to be the Number 10 position. Diame is useless there & Perez as well as being lightweight has poor link up player. What do people think about giving Murphy a shot there?

• 4 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Sep 30, 2016 at 10:54 PM

…………………..Sels
    Yedlin Mbemba Lascelles Lazaar
    Ritchie Shelvey Hayden Gouffran
    ………………….Perez
    ……………….Mitro

I’d rotate Clark, Colback, Tiote and Gayle for Perez into that essential top 11, and use the rest of the squad off the bench and as cover for injury, suspension, tiredness only.

Handbrake off Rafa, you can afford two attackers up top, one behind and off the shoulder of Mitro, and you no longer need the admirable defending of Dummett in preference to a more attack minded left back.

• 5 one fine day // Sep 30, 2016 at 10:57 PM

Bingo line up for Rotherham

Darlow
    Yedling Lascelles Hanley Dummett

Shelve Hayden
    Ritchie Perez Gouffran
    Murphy ( more in hope ,good chance see what he can do)
    Gayle sels Clarke mitro bench

• 6 GeordieTwo // Sep 30, 2016 at 11:27 PM

It’s a fine day to be a Newcastle fan. Wear your Thongs of Joy to the next match lads. Leap and cavort. Sip well from the brew of Victory.

• 7 GeordieTwo // Sep 30, 2016 at 11:29 PM

My heart says win. My heed says win. My testicles say “we’re itchy, scratch us!”

• 8 ToonInPlym // Sep 30, 2016 at 11:51 PM

Anyone know of any way of streaming the game online? So hard to find now we are in the championship..

• 9 Shearer.Milburn // Oct 1, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Looks like there’ll be a few streams available tomorrow. Keep an eye on the threads for links.

• 10 TyneMouth // Oct 1, 2016 at 12:27 AM

J.f.A.

Confirmation; RAFA BINGO. Team Sheet for Rotherham.

Sels.
    Anita. Lascelles. Clark. Dummett.
    Shelvey. Heyden.
    Ritchie. Gayle. Gouffran.
    Murphy.

VIVA BENITEZ!…

• 11 Thump // Oct 1, 2016 at 1:02 AM

@ToonInPlym: Hang around here before the match, mate. Somebody will keep you right (Jib usually posts a few).

Alternatively, nufctv will give you access to BBC Newcastle’s radio commentary for about £4 a month (plus interviews and such). Not fantastic, but if you can’t get BBC Newcastle, it’s handy.

• 12 JDdubai // Oct 1, 2016 at 3:47 AM

This feels like before the Wolves game, everyone predicting an easy win after a good midweek win. Think ill have a little bet on Rotherham, odds must be pretty good.

Therell be no tv coverage Plymouth, radio your only choice.

• 13 DubaiMicky // Oct 1, 2016 at 5:19 AM

Stream here for those of us who are abroad.

• 14 posada // Oct 1, 2016 at 5:28 AM

After 10 games we sit 3rd.
    We have played 7 games against teams in the top half.
    3 games against those in the bottom half, but one of those was against Villa, who I believe are still promotion candidates.
    Highest team we will play before the 23 game half way stage is Brentford in 5th.

I would like to see us really have a go at teams now.
    Three players may get us 20 goals. Gayle, Mitro and Murphy. I would always have 2 of them playing backed up by Perez.
    Not a Diame fan in his present position.

• 15 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 1, 2016 at 6:12 AM

Lucky Kernt!!! A life misspent at Rainbow Bay, is a life well spent for sure.

• 16 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 1, 2016 at 6:14 AM

Oops sorry, drunk. That was intended as a Facebook message to a ne’er do well old pal on the Gold Coast. Wrong page.

• 17 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 1, 2016 at 6:43 AM

Perez has 20 goals in him.

• 18 firebug666 // Oct 1, 2016 at 7:11 AM

Confirmed Rafa bingo lineup

Sels

Anita—–Lascelles—–Clark—–Dummet

Shelvey—–Colback

Richie—–Gayle—–Gouffran

Mitrovich

• 19 Jail for Ashley // Oct 1, 2016 at 7:44 AM

firebug666,
    To late for me to change as I have my confirmed line up in, but I think he’ll put Anita back in as well.

• 20 firebug666 // Oct 1, 2016 at 7:46 AM

Jail

Aye I think Anita will be back, put my team in now as I am going out hopefully I’ll make it home for the match.

• 21 sparky55 // Oct 1, 2016 at 7:50 AM

Sels

Anita—–Lascelles—–Clark—–Dummet

Shelvey—–Colback

Richie—–Diame—–Gouffran

Gayle

More chance of getting the lottery right the size of our bloody squad.

gritty 2-niler to the lads

• 22 firebug666 // Oct 1, 2016 at 7:54 AM

sparky55

I didn’t fancy predicting a score today, I fancy us to create a lot of chances, and if we take them this time who knows where we’ll end up.

I’m off out now so I’ll go with a 4+ win without conceding.

• 23 sing in the corner // Oct 1, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Watching the game in the boozer today.
    Come on Rafa, all the respect in the world for what you’ve done and are doing for us now, but let’s show the league our muscle today.
    I think Rotherham will probably do an away team performance,sitting back and trying to frustrate us 1st half.
    So I hope to see us go for the throat, get a goal early doors and keep going..

• 24 Jail for Ashley // Oct 1, 2016 at 7:59 AM

sitc,
    Is it on live somewhere? My flight isn’t until this evening, what a shitty day to arrive and leave, very rare it’s a Saturday check in, that Spreaker.com is an absolute life saver, I’ve never minded listening to it on the radio and actually prefer it over a poor stream.

• 25 Spotlight Kid // Oct 1, 2016 at 8:03 AM

@JFA

Confirmed Rafa Rotation Bingo

Darlow

Yedlin – Lascelles – Clark.- Dummett.

Shelvey – Hayden.

Ritchie – Gouffran

Murphy.

Gayle.

• 26 Budge123 // Oct 1, 2016 at 8:05 AM

Confirm Rafa Bingo Bango

Darlow (always believe in…..)
    Yedlin Clark Lascelles Lazaar
    Ritchie Hayden Shelvey Atsu
    Gayle Mitro

Toon Win 3-0

Go for it Rafa.
    We can rip these apart.

• 27 sing in the corner // Oct 1, 2016 at 8:07 AM

JfA
    Aye apparently it’s on in a pub up the road from me, so the blackboard outside says anyway. I’m not fully up on these new tangled technology thingys like, but assume it’ll be some kind of stream just on a big screen? 🙂
    Radio Newcastle is fine but a sure fire way to big enough yourself a heart attack, with big Mick Lowes whipping himself into a frenzy!

• 28 Jail for Ashley // Oct 1, 2016 at 8:13 AM

sitc,
    Aye, it’s great when you’re humping someone three nil and they get excited about a player on the byeline with five defenders in front of him and no one to support him, but when you’re three one down and nowt happens, it’s bloody frustrating 😮

• 29 estechco // Oct 1, 2016 at 8:23 AM

Confirmed Rafa Bingo…

Sels
    Anita Lascelles Clark Dummett
    Shelvey Hayden
    Richie Gayle Gouffran
    Mitro

• 30 Tsunki // Oct 1, 2016 at 8:27 AM

Why the Rotherham game and not Norwich I will never know, but it seems like the rights broadcaster is sending a feed overseas, no UK TV though. If you check out nufc.com and you are good at finding your channels on iptv streams on kodi you should get a good stream.

Scroll down the page for your match to find where it’s showing.

• 31 Lindisfarne // Oct 1, 2016 at 8:37 AM

I have 20 goals in me:

1. Watch todays match.
    2. Attend School Open Day.
    3. Make Dinner.
    4. Wash clothes
    etc. etc.

• 32 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 1, 2016 at 8:49 AM

Yeah, but you’ll do well to get beyond the first.

• 33 Jib // Oct 1, 2016 at 8:54 AM

Jail

It’s being shown live on Russian Eurosport 2

I’ll show you how to get it later – no adverts – good picture – Russian commentary 🙁

In the interregnum those who can be arsed – download the free open source player VLC.

It’s not essential but does make viewing a bit easier.

previous post: Rafa Benitez – Becoming The Perfect Manager For Newcastle