Newcastle Star – I’m Pleased I Got An Opportunity

Christian Atsu scored a great winning goal for us on Saturday at Rotherham and was easily or Man of the Match pn hos very first start for the club.

It was in the 41st minute that he received the ball out on the right wing and moved in and then, as he’s done quite a few times in his career,  hit the ball with his left foot beautifully into the back of the net past goalkeeper Lee Camp.

christian-atsu-rotherham-987

Christian Atsu in action on Saturday

And after the game the upbeat 24 year-old Ghanaian International had this to say to the press:

“That’s what I want to do I want to be on the right side, and when I cut to my left foot I can shoot.”

“It was a great goal – I wanted to score, and I scored.”

“It was today I got the start, but I was ready.” “It’s only the last minute I found out I was going to play.”

“I’m very happy to be on the score sheet, but I’m most happy that we won.” “For me, that is the most important thing. I was very happy to start for Newcastle.”

“I’m hoping and working hard in training.” “We have a lot of competition in this team, so when you have the opportunity, I think you have to take it.”

“Each and every day, you have to keep working hard.” “I think it’s very difficult to win here at Rotherham – it’s not easy.’

“They were good at set-pieces, but we defended really well under pressure.” “Sometimes a goal can make a difference and, when we scored, we were much more calm.'”

“It was very important.” “I fly back to Ghana for World Cup qualification – it is our first game.” “I need to keep my legs going and get fit.”

“I need more games.” “I’m going back to Ghana to work hard.”

Those are good words from Christian Atsu, who the fans seem to be taking too quickly.

That will certainly continue if Christian keeps scoring vital goals for us like he did yesterday – that brilliant goal was worth 2 points to Newcastle.

What do you think?

• jane

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:29 PM

spare a thought for genuine far east consortiums in these days of entrapment.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Oct 3, 2016 at 1:07 AM

And spare a thought for Harry’s dog as he anxiously buys his morning copy of the telegraph.

• Ian Toon

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:10 AM

martoon- this post below was mentioned to me last night I had not previously seen it and the background comments.
    Having read back I appreciate your sense of decency and fair play on my behalf. I see at the time you took a lot of abuse so thanks.
    You’re a passionate football fan and we both always want to enjoy being a supporter of NUFC .

133martoon // Mar 19, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Tuff – the other night you used a joke about Ian Toon that was simply unacceptable. Why don’t you just man up and apologise and admit it was in bad taste and move on. Instead you are pathetically trying to accuse Jib of using a racist term sand dancer. It is no more a racist term than Geordie, Makem or even Scouser & Cockney

• lesh

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:33 AM

Ian Toon, Martoon, Mr Tuff

What’s all the fuss is about?

• Jib

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:49 AM

Lesh
    Don’t open that can of worms – MrTuff will be setting the blg police on to you.

Most folk would have realised I meant Riviere hasn’t played in La Liga for Osasuna.

Mr Tuff isn’t most folk of course.
    🙁

• Jib

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:52 AM

Never mind
    The mackems are rooted to the foot of the PL and all is well in the world.
    😀

• Jib

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:05 AM

I shall repost this – as it got lost in all the bile last night.

Danny Blind has called up Siem de Jong for the Dutch squad for their WC qualifiers v Belarus and France !

• expatmag

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:08 AM

Unfortunately, in this day and age where political correctness overules basic common sense and the fact that in some schools, Ba ba Black sheep is replaced by Ba ba rainbow sheep because it is considered racist, those people especially on blogs who run the racist crap at the drop of a hat, need to pull their heads in and see the light.

Here in Oz, we use the term Sandgropers to describe South Australians and you dont want to know the reason why…..lol.

• expatmag

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:09 AM

JIB

And you are no angel yourself mate. No need to play yhe innocent here

• firebug666

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:10 AM

Bile Jib?

I thought it was good reading last night, certainly not boring marra.

I enjoyed your post where you added 2+2 and got 5, was a little surprised you got that close 😀

Anyway, yeah Siem has been called up as a replacement, and his brother Luuk has pulled out.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:12 AM

I see some people are determined to start the blog where it left off last night.

• hibbit

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:18 AM

i see the enemy within are having a big push to destroy the blog

• Jib

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:24 AM

Christian Atsu (Ghana)
    Chancel Mbemba (DR Congo)
    Mo Diame (Senegal)
    Achraf Lazaar (Morocco)
    Cheick Tiote (Cote d’Ivoire ) ???
    These are the players who could be missing in January for the African Cup of Nation.

Add to those th following Internationals

DeAndre Yedlin (USA)
    Vurnon Anita – Tim Krul – Siem deJong (Holland)
    Daryl Murphy (Ireland)
    Grant Hanley – Matt Ritchie (Scotland)
    Aleksandar Mitrovic (Serbia)
    Paul Dummett (Wales) ???

Plus loads of under age Internationals.

That’s quite phenomenal for a Championship club ?

• Jib

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:26 AM

? = ! ha ha

• ScoopSouthAfrica

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:38 AM

JIB you forgot about Clark for Ireland…..