The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

These Were Newcastle’s Best Three Players At Rotherham

4:29 pm, Sunday, October 2nd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 115 Comments

Christian Atsu had a starting debut to remember for Newcastle against Rotherham and he had his manager Rafa Benitez praise him after the game.

The 24 year-old scored one terrific goal that won the game for us and then in the second half he did everything right with another tough chance but goalkeeper Lee Camp produced a wonderful save to prevent a second Newcastle goal.

Newcastle fans were delighted with the performance of the Ghanaian International and they are quickly taking to the loan signing from Chelsea.

If Christian keeps playing like this for us then we are sure Rafa will want to make his move to Newcastle a permanent one – maybe as soon as possible.

christian-atsu-rotherham-987

Christian Atsu in action yesterday – excellent performance

The 24 year-old has both speed and skill and he has shown up well in the 5 appearances he has made so far for Newcastle with one goal.

Christian is deservedly our Man of  the Match with 49% of the vote.

Second in the voting on 13% is Jonjo Shelvey who had another good game and is slowly but surely becoming a more consistent performer for this new Newcastle side.

Rafa has shown confidence in him in starting a long run of games for the Magpies – so that’s good work by Jonjo.

And third in the voting is Ciaran Clark on 12% with another fine defensive display for the third game in a row and he is putting in a strong claim to start in central defense regularly for Newcastle United.

For £5M Ciaran is starting to look a bargain buy for Newcastle.

An excellent win for us under difficult conditions and a team who seemed to be inspired in Rotherham United.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Rotherham?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Championship · Man of the Match · Newcastle News · Other News

115 responses so far ↓

• 1 Laurent Robert 32 // Oct 2, 2016 at 4:31 PM

He certainly looks a good signing for the position we’re in at the moment. His goal yesterday was top class.

• 2 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Yes Jib, great stuff and those two wins came under the great manager you backed all the way to take us to the giddy heights of eighth.

• 3 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Jail
    Somebody looking over my shoulder just said about your post :-
    “That’s not a grown man is it – that’s just the sort of thing a nasty little 14 year old schoolgirl would say”

Reading back I see where she’s coming from !

Ha ha ha

• 4 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Ian

How was I to know you donated. Others left their blog name on their donations.

If you did, thanks. Bit late though don’t you think telling me now?

I get it, don’t worry.

Deflecting as usual.

• 5 stu mel // Oct 2, 2016 at 4:55 PM

I read this blog, a bit but I’m not going saynames but please stop attacking each other some people avoid this blog because they get board of reading peoples comments to one another. People don’t come to read someone witty r not so witty digs, their here for football.

• 6 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 4:57 PM

stu Mel,
    Your right!

• 7 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Laurent Robert 32
    He’s not a signing yet
    🙁
    There is however a seasons end option to buy.
    🙂

• 8 Ian Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Average- Don’t be daft. I don’t give to various charities to have it recognised. I just ask you to be respectful as you have no reason whatsoever to be otherwise. You of all people recognise your limitations so please stop the abuse.

• 9 Laurent Robert 32 // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Jib, loan signing with, from I’ve read, view to permanent, yes.

• 10 Mister Tuff // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:11 PM

I must say I do not like people hovering over me when I am using the computer – bit rude to say the least.
    Jib you have my sympathies in this regard.
    Who was it- was it a professor who appeared from her study whilst you were preparing your lectures?
    Or the depot manager at the sorting office.
    Or indeed was it Jane who had just returned to your hovel in Pennywell from the Off Licence with additional supplies of cheap cider.

• 11 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Mr Tuff
    It was the ghost of Lena Zavaroni flicking through your back copies of Sunderland programmes

• 12 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:17 PM

There’s only one thing worse than a mackem.
    That’s a mackem who decides to be a glory hunting NUFC fan
    😀

• 13 JP...from The Rock // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:24 PM

I am sorry but Shelvey did bot have a good game yeaterday. His passing was awful most of the times or backwards. 2nd in the man of the match poll should have been either Clark or Lascelles who both played brilliantly to keep the clean sheet.

• 14 JP...from The Rock // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:24 PM

*not

• 15 Belfast // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:26 PM

It was probably a pick pocket – check yer pockets.

• 16 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Why mention it then you tit?

You’ve clearly got a problem with me not “recognising” you’re contribution (said many times as it happened thanks to all who donated) unless you actually put “iantoon” how could I thank you personally? Duh!

Other’s, because there were that many and from different sources, ie, schools, work, pubs and clubs and obviously this blog decided to either say ed’s blog or their screen name they use on the blog.

I thanked everyone from the blog multiple times even one anonymous blog user and I remember doing it so please don’t talk crap you worm.

Who’s going to pop up next in your defence I wonder?

• 17 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:32 PM

As I said, deflecting. As per.

• 18 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Had a little look at the Mackems fixture list they could end October without a win as well!! Stoke away which is huge for them!

• 19 WWSBRD // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:33 PM

JP
    I voted Shelvey so each to their own

• 20 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:38 PM

JP
    We differ on that one.

The number of times Shelvey played teasing balls to the right just in front of Atsu to run onto and do his stuff was unreal , plus his contibution to the defensive stuff that had to be done.

Midfielders away from home sometimes do have to pass the ball backwards you know.

• 21 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:38 PM

LCPB,
    They were just one point away from the worst ever start to a PL season.
    FACT,
    Two of the three worst ever PL teams like ever, are the mackems 😮

• 22 Ian Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:40 PM

JP- Clark has exceeded my expectations based upon Euro performances. He’s been excellent since coming into the side.
    Have to disagree on Shelvey – his first touch can be poor but once into his stride he’s our most creative player and was yesterday.

Laurent- Atsu is on his fifth loan signing in three years. We have a contracted one season loan signing with a buy option at season end. I am unaware whether previous loan clubs had this option.

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:42 PM

I listened to the match on spreaker.com, it sounded like we played well. Saying that, the way it sounded I was nearly jumping for joy when the Gouf hit the post. ” Oh bay Jeysus dat was so clowse boi Gouffran der”

• 24 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Shelvey was the classic example of a mature pro encouraging a relative novice to give of his best. Rafa must have been delighted with JonJo.

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Ian Toon,
    Stars in their eyes and who are you tonight?

• 26 Ian Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Average- Simply because I won’t you to reflect upon what I have told you. Just think for yourself and discount all the garbage you’ve been fed – you’re not beyond salvation and the development of your own personality. Or are you?

• 27 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:48 PM

By gum at 34 Petr Cech is still a class act !

• 28 Uncertain Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:50 PM

With reference to this option to buy clause at end of season, Is a figure already agreed?
    If Atsu scores goals like that every time he starts, he could end up costing quite a few quids!

• 29 Ian Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Jail I can remember the time when the blog was full of team selections and you used to say it was kids all on half term. Beattie who was a quality football knowledge blogger would have accused you of dumbing down the blog. I view it as you trying to maintain your limited football market share.
    You don’t need to be so defensive with me. Try listening to BandB she gives good advice but you profess not to follow what she’s saying. Maybe that’s the real problem a lack of retention or just accepting what you want to hear. The bills in the post- sunshine Buster!

• 30 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:54 PM

UT
    I think a figure is usually written into the option to buy on a loan contract.

• 31 Shadow_Shearer // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Christian astu is that like bit of magic that wee need to get us a goal, or turn a game. Hope we get him signed up after his loan deal expires.

• 32 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:07 PM

In a way I feel sorry for David Moyes .

If Ellis Short had given him carte blanche the way Ashley apparently has done with Benitez , he could probably sort Sunlun out.

• 33 Uncertain Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Jib
    Just read his Wiki page thing and he cost Chelsea £3.5 million. As he hasn’t featured for them and always been out on loan, you would assume the figure can’t be any more than that.
    Interestingly he hardly played for Everton and didn’t play at all for Bournemouth in the League.
    Hoping he’s one of those players that need a season in a lower league to really kick on at the top table. Likewise I’m thinking we have a few players that the championship can improve and help them step up.

• 34 Ian Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Belfast – Was that the pocket you were talking about!

• 35 Mister Tuff // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Please excuse my references to items of vulgarity on here, generally I do not think they are called for – and perhaps other items of grammar would be more appropriate and certainly what a gentleman like myself would use.
    I refer of course to a description of Ian Toon who was referred to by Average as being like a part of a ladies anatomy – indeed her bosom – or as you common fellows and workmen would say a tit.

Indeed I have heard you fellows talking about this when I’ve had works done at my stable yard and declare it must be the humour of common fellows.
    But I have heard them exclaim that certain parties should not be called a tit as a tit is useful. I would certainly concur.

• 36 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:27 PM

UT
    I think he may have come on Ian Cathro’s recommendation – he played quite a few game for Rio Aves in Portugal when Cathro was Nuno’s assistant manager there.

• 37 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:28 PM

I do think for myself. Thanks for the concern though.

I’ve seen it with my own eyes what a complete and utter spunktrumpet you are.

I’ve lost count the amount of times you’ve been rumbled. If it wasn’t so funny it’d be quite tragic.

The only garbage is from you and your’s, worm.

Keep wriggling.

• 38 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Aye tuff, tits ARE useful.

Ian’s clearly still attached to his maaaaa’s.

• 39 Legolas // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:33 PM

JP,

I can only go off what was said on the radio and they said Shelvey was what made us tick the. I know the radio doesn’t give the full picture and can differ from watching live on TV which can also differ from being at the game but I thought he was the difference.

Lascelles and Clark both played well but it’s all about opinions.

• 40 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Was Cathro at Rio when Atsu was there.

Think you best check again jizz.

• 41 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Thierry Henri defending a blatant Arsenal handball . All Irishmen watching him must have a wry smile on their lips,

• 42 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:40 PM

2012
    I checked

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:43 PM

The blog has turned quite nasty today, we have an international break coming up as well. Two league wins on the bounce, the best GD for the first time in a long time and a team that is slowly kicking in and getting used to our UEFA elite managers methods, apart from the fact we aren’t top I don’t know what else some people expect. Our squad is huge and talented, take out five of our best players and we could still replace them and have a chance of winning the Rafa Bingo.

• 44 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Who are our five best players?
    Mine are in no particular order, Anita, Shelvey, Ritchie, Mitrovich and ?

• 45 Lindisfarne // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Rather than internal wrangling, I would rather take issue with one Alan Shearer. His assertion that English football is an embarrassment is far too much of a broad brush that discredits a lot of hardworking individuals. The accusation should be specifically levelled at the FA who have been resistant to any sort of change that may actually strengthen their hand, whilst simultaneously leaching power to the PL.

• 46 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Is Gayle better than the Gouff or is Mbemba better than Lascelles?

• 47 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Atsu. Rio Ave 2011-2012

Cathro. Rio Ave 2012-2014

He was on loan at Rio from Porto so obviously took no part in Rio’s 2012 preseason or a few league matches before the window shut because as soon as the season finished he went back to Porto for the 2012-2013 season.

Oh dear, more duff info.

Care to explain?

• 48 WWSBRD // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Jail
    Ur just trying to wind me up aren’t u!

Hayden, Ritchie, Shelvey, Mbemba and Gayle would be my top 5

Yedlin and Lascelles are in with a shout aswell

• 49 Lindisfarne // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Jail

I’d question Mitro only because he has not had a chance to play himself in. Gouffran would have to force his way in and potentially Lascelles, purely because he is a young man filling in an older mans shoes.

• 50 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Just to confirm then, you checked?

Obviously you got overexcited and in the rush to try and seem like you know what your talking about, you didn’t check properly.

As I said, he was NEVER there with Cathro.

Try again.

• 51 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Keep pushing that boulder though jizz.

It’s easy peasy.

• 52 WWSBRD // Oct 2, 2016 at 6:58 PM

AC
    Going in a little hard pal no? 3 unanswered comments and counting

• 53 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Lindisfarne,
    We have witnessed how corrupt that FIFA is, the most criminally dishonest clan outside of the Coreleone family, we’d like to think that the FA were above that but there is such a job for the boys culture it is unbelievable, how Brian Clough never got that job says it all. What have you got to do these days to be in with a shout, do my achievements with Scarborough give me achance

• 54 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Just waiting for the weasel to try and wriggle out of it despite the evidence.

Did they meet at one of your parties jizz?

I can see the confusion if that’s the case.

• 55 Mister Tuff // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Average you are indeed correct – Atsu had left Rio Ave in the June with Cathro arriving in July.
    Jib purveyor of duff info strikes again.
    Man this is happening all the time – any kids reading – please disregard what Jib Jibberish spouts it is for the most part erroneous.

• 56 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:04 PM

WW…,
    You know I’m a big fan of Anita !

• 57 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Perhaps you popped over the Portuguese border whilst holidaying in Spain and delivered some mail to Atsu’s address and he told you that Cathro was the best coach he never had?

• 58 WWSBRD // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Jail
    I thought better of u mate

• 59 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:08 PM

Perhaps on one of your jaunts around Afghanistan you bumped into Nuno who was guest speaker for the armed forces and he mentioned Atsu was one of the best players he never coached?

• 60 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Perhaps whilst you were giving a lecture in modern European history one of your students jumped up and said “errr…we actually won WW2, jizz”

• 61 Toon fm Exeter // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Just thought I would have my monthly pop in to say it’s been interesting reading lol. Anyway up the rafaloution and some brilliant golf I’m watching at the moment

• 62 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:20 PM

I’ll leave that to soak in.

No doubt ‘someone’ will be on soon saying how good of a poster jizz is and they haven’t read back (they usually do though) so don’t know why he’s getting a hard time, just leave it out eh?

Can’t wait.

• 63 Legolas // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Jail,

Just curious, what achievements have you had with Scarborough ?

• 64 welshgeordie9 // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Jib is a good poster i really don’t know why people are giving him a hard time.

• 65 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Legolas,
    I took them from the Conference league to the PL in six seasons, without cheating, lost a play off final in the third division to Wmbledon and had to do a season again! Got the toon job after Mercello Lipi was sacked and made a balls of it 🙁

• 66 Belfast // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:38 PM

And then he woke up with his face in his cornflakes.

• 67 Yo-yo // Oct 2, 2016 at 7:58 PM

One of the main reasons I rarely post these days is because of those courageous bloggers ferociously attacking the ‘know nowts’ with their trusty keyboards. Fact fighting only works if you get it right. Then you get to be a blog big boy. Yawn.

• 68 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:19 PM

If you read the above it would appear I added 2+2 and got 5

However Cathro signed officially for Rio Ave 31 May 2012 but he’d been there since early May when Brito was sacked and Espirito Santo invited him over.
    It is very hard to believe he wasn’t aware of the sensational young Ghanaian the talk of the club and actually seen him play.

• 69 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:20 PM

Beltits,
    You really are a bore, I can see why Ian Toon admires you so much!

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Jib,
    Maths isn’t you’re strong point buster, you never get much right!

• 71 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Welsh
    Average , Mr Tuff , and Jail aren’t people !
    😀

• 72 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Jib
    October 2, 2016
    UT

So jizz, just to recap.

We’ve gone from “he played quite a few games while Cathro was assistant there”

to “he must of seen him play at some point because he was there in early may”

I’m sure he’s seen most players at “some point” but he didn’t actually coach him did he as you so gleefully tried earlier to explain that’s the reason we got him.

You can post all the links you want in defence of yet another gaff but we all know they’ll be full of sh1t.

Just like you.

• 73 Rotonda heights // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:37 PM

moyes’ star has been falling for a long time now. had money at manu and a half decent team in spain.

is Mclaren’s quote when questioned about fat sham” it could have been any one of us” mean they are all bent and greedy? his agent must love him.

• 74 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:41 PM

Jib
    October 2, 2016
    UT

So jizz, just to recap.

We’ve gone from “he played quite a few games while Cathro was assistant there”

to “he must of seen him play at some point because he was there in early may”

Just like you.

Oh and by the way, that link is just confirmation that he joined on the 31st. Mentions nothing at all regarding earlier in may. Doh.

• 75 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:43 PM

Not sure what went on there. Only meant to post the last bit.

• 76 Oldgit1 // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:44 PM

Average contents, can you wind your neck in, you contribute nothing but abuse and have petty arguments.
    Are you so deprived of attention that you have to resort to insulting behaviour on EDs blog. You sir are a fool, self indulgent and I suspect is a mackam.

Jib is a favorite poster of mine as a few others, you are however are not. Too childlike for my taste. Grow up.

• 77 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:47 PM

Wriggle wriggle.

Told you WW. It’s taken jizz THAT long to think of a manoeuvre.

If this was a warfare situation that required field Marshall Von Jizz’s go ahead, the whole of the armed forces would be obliterated while he dithered and then crawled into a corner to piss in his keks.

Squirm.

• 78 Rotonda heights // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:48 PM

I think we have to acede to the fact that all evidence would point to the fact that friend Jizz is clearly on the spectrum and should be pitied and sympathised with, rather than receive the ridicule he unintentionally brings upon himself with such regularity.

The racist, sexist, homophobic comments, foul language, continual attention seeking with never quite getting facts right and bulls–t, bravado, mask the obvious underlying torment of a deeply insecure and flawed individual.

Just realised that last paragraph describes Donald Trump and at a lower level Tyson Fury.

• 79 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:49 PM

And there it is.

Thanks Oldgit. Well done. You get the award for best w@nker.

• 80 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:51 PM

Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:47 PM
    Wriggle wriggle.
    Told you WW. It’s taken jizz THAT long to think of a manoeuvre.

I was eating a chicken casserole actually
    😀

• 81 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Who cooked it for you? Delia? Or did she hand you her recipe at the party jizz?

• 82 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Perhaps it was Ainsly Harriet after he’d visited the sorting office to deliver a pep talk on happiness in the work place.

Wriggle, squirm.

• 83 Tsunki // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:00 PM

Well it’s been an eventful day on the blog, the same horrible personalities popping up to snipe and snarl and if course back each other up as “quality” posters. Heartwarming array of human characteristics. I suspect a firm favourite of Old git has to be this elusive character –

Ian Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 4:01 PM

“Average- . There are times when I might regret donating to your charity. Particularly as I didn’t get an acknowledgement….”

Really, Ian? Surely a man of the cloth wouldn’t want his right hand knowing what his left hand is doing as he dispenses alms and renders his charitable due?

Actually that about sums you up. A toady and a ferret.

• 84 Oldgit1 // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:02 PM

@ AC – As I stated too childlike for me, is that the best you can come up with. Education is a wonderful thing perhaps you missed it thinking schooling was not important and refusing to listen to your elders. That word sums you up. A total idiot, a fool and no respect dor other people. Sad man.

• 85 WWSBRD // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:04 PM

AC
    Yeah fair point really

• 86 WWSBRD // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:05 PM

oldgit
    U slate AC for having no respect for people whilst supporting Jib? My word

• 87 Oldgit1 // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:08 PM

@ WWSBRD, yes so what, I have no problem with you so why stick your nose in.

• 88 WWSBRD // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:16 PM

Oldgit
    Am sure AC has no gripe with u yet u ‘stuck ur nose in’ with him, seems only fair others can do the same no?

Jib abuses people constantly, shows no respect to anyone and is as childish as they come, curious how that settles in ur world tbh

• 89 Tsunki // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Yo- it’s opportunist night I think.

• 90 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Blooming heck
    Danny Blind has called up Siem de Jong for the Dutch world cup qualifiers against Belarus and France.

• 91 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:20 PM

WW

The mind boggles.

I did say it wouldn’t be long coming though 🙂

Oldgit

It’s ok, we all have off days. You’re mate more than most. I won’t hold it against you.

• 92 WWSBRD // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:21 PM

Tsunki
    Aye seems to be the day for it, might have a break from the blog for awhile getting tiresome again

• 93 Oldgit1 // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:22 PM

You have bad days all the time. Get a life

• 94 mike hunt // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Hi all I’m new on the blog. However I’ve been an avid reader for some time now. There will be many times during this season where we have to grind out results, as we did yesterday. It seems a few on here expect champagne football every game and slate certain players when they don’t perform every game. The championship is a totally different animal to the premier league and rafa has had to buy a blend of players who can in the short term get us up, and a few of these players he will know can do an effective job of stabilizing us in our first season back up, providing we go up?

• 95 Ian Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:27 PM

Tsunki- Opportunism !!! Certainly abusive .

8Ian Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 5:01 PM

• 96 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:35 PM

No no no, WW.

That’s totally different that.

Poor jizz couldn’t possibly take the indignation and stick that goes with it for being so overwhelmingly wrong and clearly needed a helping hand.

When the shoes on the other foot, and his good friend jizz is up to his usual tricks, I shan’t expect Oldgit to come running to the rescue though as that’d be “sticking his nose in”

Wouldn’t it Oldgit?

• 97 Average_Contents // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:37 PM

I’m taking a leaf outta your book WW.

Early start and long day ahead.

Night all.

Night jizz.

• 98 Belfast // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Tsunki you’re a quality poster – my favourite.

• 99 Belfast // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:54 PM

69Jail for Ashley // Oct 2, 2016 at 8:20 PM

Thanks for the support as always Buster.

• 100 simon376 // Oct 2, 2016 at 9:54 PM

I read all the digs on here and sometimes just wonder, why? I a couple of times posted on here about things I know, I admit not a lot as my relatives no longer play for the club or friendly with former staff, but straight away got accused of making it up until somebody guessed who my relative ‘in the know’ is. And to be honest I couldn’t care less what people thought of it, I was only posting something I knew for sure about. But reading this site it’s mostly digs at people. Ok, somebody posts and maybe gets it wrong from time to time or makes it up even, but why all the digs and name calling? We are all Newcastle fans, why not all unite together in support of the team and enjoy reading and posting about our club. If we don’t like or believe something, let’s just be adult and ignore it and enjoy supporting the team

• 101 Ian Toon // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Belfast — Yo-yo’s focus group have just confirmed that you’re a. KNOW.

• 102 Legolas // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Spot on Simon376. By the way,who was your relative who played for the toon?

• 103 Belfast // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:17 PM

The focus group are wrong. I will appeal this KNOW thingy whatever it is.

• 104 simon376 // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Legolas,

20 odd years ago, but them were the days, is Gavin Peacock

• 105 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:30 PM

He’s a minister in Calgary now.
    One of my faves

• 106 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:35 PM

I suppose we are actually in a league of two, or six if you are being generous. No other club has our resources. I think we are doing well, and that there’s more to come, but really, would you or should you expect any less. By Championship standards, our spending over the last three windows has been from another stratosphere. Rafa’s greatest achievement has been in building fantastic team spirit, where the was none. The form, and results, he’ll be less satisfied with I imagine, and will be working hard on to improve.

• 107 simon376 // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:37 PM

He is Jib, was a great player and also a really nice down to earth person as well.

• 108 Legolas // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Ha ha, I used to love watching him and David Kelly. If my mind serves me right that was around when Kevin Keegan took over from Ozzie. Didn’t he go on to play for Chelsea ?

• 109 Tsunki // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Slimy. Think I will leave the madhouse while it is ably run by the lunatics.

• 110 simon376 // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Yeah he was there then signed by Jim Smith who also had him at QPR, then yes went on to Chelsea in the end. Remember going to a Leeds Chelsea game and Keegan was also st that match, Hoddle didnt want Gav to see me after the game as he knew me and Keegan ccould talk him into trying to get back to us. Unfortunately never happened, but he loved his time in Newcastle. Supported us as a kid alongside his Dad’s team Charlton. Always hoped he would have gone into coaching and maybe come back here, but think he was too sensible. But yes his partnership with David Kelly was great back then

• 111 simon376 // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:48 PM

They were great days for me, as 16 year old, got the chance to train with the team a day a week most weeks because of Gavin, mind you I was totally useless, but got to know all the lads so well, as a kid I just loved it and the free tickets of course. Got to meet all the backroom staff and management team. Also in those days before mobiles really came big, even had Wenger phone the house to get in contact when Gav and Amanda were over visiting one day, it was a great time to be a kid and a football fan.

• 112 Jib // Oct 2, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Although Rafa would never say it in public – I think he will be planning for us to be top of the league and fairly unassailable by January .

He can then make some good signings that can be bedded into the squad this spring ready for next season.

Krul, De Jong, Saivet, M’Babu and even Thauvin may all be looked at pre-season and given another shot.

Emannuel Riviere has yet to turn out for Osasuna !

• 113 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 2, 2016 at 11:00 PM

He must be smart. I push the bounds of agnosticism to it’s limit, but I do know that being a minister is a very tricky calling, and you have to be very bright to do it well.

• 114 simon376 // Oct 2, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Yeah Jimmy, think he had a career all set up with the BBC, but deep down he wanted to do that. He said doing his Greek Oral exam was more never wracking than stepping out at Wembley. Mind you, had the privilege of doing his sons wedding back in January, said was most amazing thing he has ever done.

• 115 Mister Tuff // Oct 2, 2016 at 11:37 PM

Jib Jibberish – (blog pest and purveyor of duff info)

You being a top poster on here and folk waiting for your quality posts I’ll not mention your mix up with Riera and Riviere a couple of weeks back.

Now then to todays gaffe :-
    “Emannuel Riviere has yet to turn out for Osasuna !”

Again not correct – he made his debut in a pre season friendly and scored. He was also playing in the game a couple of weeks ago when Osasuna were whooped by Real Madrid 5 -2.

Some think you a a good poster – I struggle to understand that bearing in mind all your gaffes/duff info.

Please change you game before it’s too late. Have you checked out that granny wrestling link I sent you a couple of days ago?

previous post: Captain – This Is Something We Didn’t Have Last Season