Newcastle Interested In Signing Nigerian International Defender

We put out a report earlier today that said that Newcastle scouts were in Belgium last Thursday night checking out the Gent vs Sassuolo Europa League tie,  which the home side won 3-1.

And there was some debate as to which players Newcastle could have been checking out at the game.

wilfred-ndidi-genk

Wilfried Ndidi – 19 year-old Genk defensive midfielder

One of those were 19 year-old Jamaican left winger Leon Bailey, who other clubs have been interested in for over a year now and another possible target was Sassuolo forward Gregoire Defrel, who is a 25-year-old French forward.

Yes another player Newcastle could have been checking out is Genk’s 19-year-old Nigerian defensive midfielder Wilfried Ndidi, who can also play at center-back or full-back.

Ndidi signed for Gent a year last January from Nathaniel Boys of Lagos in his native Nigeria and he made his debut for Genk on 31 January last year at Charleroi.

Since then he has played 67 times for Genk with 4 goals and he has already made 4 appearances for the full Nigerian National side.

Premier League clubs like Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham and Middlesbrough were reported to be interested in the player over the summer and now it seems that Newcastle may have joined his list of admirers.

His transfer fee is said to be low at only £5M.

Here’s Wilfried’s goals from last season.

What do you think?

• Tsunki

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:29 PM

Well howdy doody yes Ndidi!

• Belfast

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:45 PM

International blog death week night two.

Tsunki on the decks.

• Belfast

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Plenty a space on tonights bus Tsunki.

• Jib

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Tsunki’s contribution to the footy craic.

Takes the piss out of a foreign name.

At least Mr anally retentive Tuff has the excuse of being stupid.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Jib calling someone racist. Really. . . . .it’s the unintentional irony that always raises a grin. We’re not feeling the love Jib baby.

• Mister Tuff

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Don’t think the Jib Appreciation Society will take off -does not have a attractive ring to it.
    Could I suggest an improvement – I think my suggestion will allow Jib and his mates/cronies/thug friends/blog thicko’s/blog yellow bellies and lily livers a sense of belonging.
    JIBS APPRECIATION COLLECTIVE KNOBBERS AND SUNDERLAND SUPPORTERS.
    For ease of writing abbreviated to Jackass.

• Mister Tuff

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:23 PM

Jib – no need to send your thanks for my suggestion – consider it a friendly gesture.

• Sav

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Or possibly none of the above.
    There were presumably 22 players on view?
    You have to speculate to accumulate but this is speculating for the sake of it. Its going to be a long intl. break if this is any indication.

• Tsunki

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:39 PM

Aye but you laughed first didn’t you jib, admit it 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:40 PM

I’m starting a new job on Thursday which will unfortunately not allow me to sit all day pretending I’m doing paperwork at a computer. I think k it may be a godsend!

• Pat On The Heed

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Working in radio, Jail?

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:08 PM

I might be for a day or two!

• Lindisfarne

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:18 PM

May I suggest the first item on the agenda for the formation of any association, loose or otherwise, should be to create their own blog.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:24 PM

Just checking before calling it a night – didn’t take long to catch up 🙂

Whilst doing so I had one of those flashes of understanding that we all get once in awhile.

The Blog as we know it is genuine but is also a canvas on which the real game is played by those really in the know and with it. Invitation only sort of thing.

I haven’t fathomed out all the rules and scoring yet but some have become apparent. It is a little like when footballers in interviews with Media drop in as many Abba/ Beatle songs as they can.

Millions watch unaware of the clever interplay between the gauche footballers seemingly making rather inane comments during an interview when unbeknownst to us all and the media we are being played in a highly skilled on camera repartee battle.

The Game in which we are the unwittingly involved is brilliant really and most posters on here are unaware that they are just part of the misdirection and are pawns.

The sort of contributions which score (haven’t worked out the points system) are quite varied and I suspect have been added to as the game has progressed. The ones I have stumbled across are as follows and perhaps other pawns can add to list as they recognise ones I haven’t spotted -so in no particulate order

Making random comments as a first contribution that day but which is intended to knock other posters without being obvious who ( not for the unskilled this one). Draws in other posters who feel that they are being targeted – can really put the cat amongst the pigeons

Less high scoring is the simple “jam pot” but it allows for frequent mentions of spanking ( sorry swatting). This seems to be for former afficiando’s of the Frank Richards series of books who have never grown up but gives single points which can mount up quickly.

There is of course the easy scores of outing multiple and WUM’s ( I don’t think calling another poster a Mackems scores any longer but it was a staple in the early less sophisticated days – may even attract a minus now. Obvious candidates don’t score highly but if you can rope in another then
    quite a bonus. Another staple.
    Making literary references within a post is also quite a good move – the more obscure and above the heads of the uneducated the better. Ones that other players don’t even get and have to have explained by email score highest.

Making comments which are dismissed as those of the slightly inebriated and so not responded to are coveted. As an example adopting a Delia guise and calling out ( well posting – you know what I mean) “where are you all let’s be having you!!!” can hit the jackpot.

Swearing – not used by all but is good for catching up when dropping behind in points. Can just riff on this for a few posts and easily make up on nearest opponent.

Minus points can be earned and the obvious ones are 2 consecutive posts about football, getting beaten by a Muckle in a one to one, having to call in reinforcements

There are some of the points and they are fairly straightforward in the main but then I haven’t been aware of the game for long so I am sure there are others

I have worked out some of the players but not all as some unwittingly play along without being in on it. Players who can draw in these dupes actually score quite high points.

One of the first rules is not to get drawn into any Football craic – if you do you automatically forfeit any points scored that day or the last day in which you contributed on more than 2 occasions. I think there is some kind of rule that if it is quiet you can kick things off with a football comment – if you get responses going then no minus score but if you don’t than you score badly – it is a risky gambit but in International weeks someone has to make a sacrifice. The better and advanced players of course have nerves of steel and can wait out others without flinching and making unnecessary contributions.

Some build up unassailable leads such that they can have a holiday from the Blog and only return when competitors are catching up. Others have gone native and begin to enjoy the sparring and have to have remedial training with the threat of having their game pass withdrawn and becoming a simple poster if they don’t step it up.

Anyway I have written this quickly and in one go with no read back so can get it out early in this International break so excuse any grammatical errors or parts not easily followed.

I feel someone looking over my shoulder as I type not sure if a”player has managed to sneak a key reader onto my computer so must go – night.

Hopefully will be back on perhaps from another computer and in another town – reading up on Snowden and Assange to give me some ideas.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:57 PM

Disclaimer

My last post was a bit of jest if I have stumbled onto something real well no one has been feeding me info it is all my own work so no dismissals please. Oh and in case it is all too real then posting in the twilight zone midweek has given me the chance to put many miles between me and this MacDonalds spot whose WiFi I piggybacked on (so don’t take any notice of the IP address you hunters). Will have a VPN up and running next time on here so won’t need the fall back of another identity just yet. Have also had some training on ditching the trademark hyphens , long posts and being Po faced so if I do come back won’t be recognisable ( bit of misdirection there – possibly)

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:59 PM

Wow a real never to be surpassed Blog killer? Fame at last 🙂

• Toonces

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:14 AM

Hi All,

Realize this is a little late in the blog day for those in Newcastle. I’ll be over with my girlfriend for the Cardiff game on November 5th. Looking at tickets I am thinking to sit somewhere near center pitch midway up the stand. I have been over previously and sat in the Leazes end in the sport club section. As this is a one off for my vacation I don’t mind spending for a premium seat. Any thoughts to the seating in and around the platinum club or bar 1892 areas? Any home secrets about obstructed views or other issues? Appreciate any recommendations. Cheers.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:32 AM

Toonces
    Sorry if I have scared away any late nighters from responding.

I haven’t been in either of the 2 areas you have mentioned (not cheap) but both should have good views but Platinum Club will be quiet if you like atmosphere. There isn’t anywhere with obstructed seats in ground but there are some high up ones. I sit in one!

Some poster(s) have mentioned Bar 1892 but can’t recall who but they will have a better idea of how worthwhile that area is.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:34 AM

Hunters

If that was an attempt to track me I am now in a service station on someone’s phone so good luck in catching me

• lesh

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:35 AM

Magscar

Like your game. The rules are straightforward and much simpler than Jail’s Rafa bingo.

They were as clear and concise, as brief, as Orhan Pamuk’s efforts to put hüzun into the context of Istanbul.

• lesh

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:39 AM

Magscar

You’ve been rumbled….. Will the real Jib please stand up?

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:40 AM

Lesh

Not my game and never had an invite – can’t think why.

I’m glad you have responded as I was beginning to think I am in the internet equivalent of The Truman Show and I was the only one not in on it 🙂

• Mister Tuff

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:42 AM

magscar – you have clearly delved into this matter to extraordinary levels and I suggest perhaps your conclusions are far fetched.
    Could I offer an alternative view.
    The blog is a reflection of society where all sorts of interactions take place.
    The types of things said and reportedly done on here would probably not be tolerated in an ordinary society setting.
    All types of person now can access the web and proffer their views for all to see.
    This includes good people, bad people, clever people, ignorant people, people of respectable antecedents and those with corrupt and disreputable antecedents.
    A getting together of all of the above with cause frictions.
    The above groups do not naturally mix in society but are attracted to those of similar “standings”.

For example the folk I knock around with would not tolerate racists, those bragging about their thuggery exploits about beating people up, those who abuse others with filthy language etc etc.
    They would be excluded pronto.
    That exclusion does not happen on here – the scumbags keep returning.
    Probably the worst thing of all is when folk who are really decent folk in society keep silent on here when the scumbags are offering their twisted views for all to see.

There we go – better theory and not as complicated as yours’.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:44 AM

Lesh

You are scoring highly with those 2 posts – an obscure reference and an outing. You are the early one to beat this early morning but good luck 🙂

The reference nearly had me keying into Google but I just stopped myself in time.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:46 AM

Mister Tuff

Where has your self proclaimed sense of humour gone?

It is all a bit of a laugh in a quiet night in a fortnight’s footy break. Lighten up

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Oh and no delving that was written in one go at around 11 before I retired for night.

You know I can’t stop when I get in my stride and on my soapbox 🙂

• Mister Tuff

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:50 AM

Should add though I do like your post as a new blog game – only to be conducted during international breaks. Has potential.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:56 AM

Mister Tuff

Nah! Who could score it who has the time Jfa has his hands full and no computer access and Martoon is busy with his spreadsheet. Are you offering you will have to publish the rules and of course I couldn’t join in as I’d be worse than I am in Rafa’s Bingo

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:58 AM

Mister Tuff

Hope this isn’t the equivalent of keeping me on the line whilst your earstwhile colleagues track my Ip address. You know I have taken precautions and am not bluffing.

• Mister Tuff

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:06 AM

Mmmm on second thoughts perhaps not such a good game – in practice.
    “Ya shyte and scumbags” would deny what they had just posted and blame other people for causing rucks -as they do ordinarily and would falsely declare their status as victims when the converse was true.
    At that I’m off to the pit.

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:09 AM

Anyway really must go as I hadn’t intended to post – it just crossed my mind and flowed as I wrote. Will probably get a couple of hours before waking up as others of my age 🙁 but will try to refrain from looking at Blog and just read instead otherwise I will get sucked in as I have before . Having said that there aren’t as many night owls as they once was and few posts from overseas bloggers.

• Ron Knee

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:22 AM

“Cardiff City: Neil Warnock to be named manager after Paul Trollope sacking”

I hope Jail hasn’t seen this!

• Average_Contents

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:29 AM

Magscar

That’s some paranoid deep thinking sh1t right there.

How many decades have you spent in solitary confinement again?

No offence but if there was ip hunters trying to discover people I’d wager you’d be pretty low on the list of conquests.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:44 AM

@Toonces

Was at the Swansea game last season in the Platinum Club you get a great view of the game but its a bit like a library there is hardly any singing etc

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:51 AM

Average

Ah shckus and here was me thinking I was pretty high on the list. Anyway good job I only got quarter of a mile away waiting for a Costa to open to post from my next public WiFi. Guess I can head home . Whoa just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get me right – nearly fell for it 🙂

• Ron Knee

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:53 AM

“Even a paranoid can have enemies.” – Henry Kissinger

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:56 AM

Ron Knee

Perhaps Cardiff City read the Blog and got idea from jail and thought they better move sharpish if Rafa was going? Wonder if he might get a finder’s fee?

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:00 AM

Ron Knee

Seriously it doesn’t seem that long since Shearer was being linked with them and turned them down. No wonder Managers offices come with revolving doors at some clubs

• Ron Knee

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:07 AM

magscar@38

Aston Villa manager bingo, maybe?