The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

It’s International Break Time – More Nonsense From Sissoko

10:14 am, Thursday, October 6th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 14 Comments

We are hoping that as time goes by Moussa Sissoko will stop talking about Newcastle United and only talk about his current club Tottenham Hotspur.

For the last three years Newcastle fans have had to listen to the nonsense that self-centered Moussa talks about – that he wanted to join a Champions League club – and it was during almost every International break.

moussa-sissoko-spurs

Moussa Sissoko – Tottenham midfielder

He got his wish in late August and it seems to be a good move for him and a good one for Newcastle because we got a whopping £30M for him.

But he is still obsessed with Newcastle (just like Sunderland fans) where he was not a popular player – and that’s a huge understatement.

This is the latest salvo from the French International on FIFA.com:

“I had a complicated season with Newcastle, with relegation at the end… so the critics, I understand them.” (no you don’t)

“I would say that they motivate me and push me to give more.”

“I went on holiday and everyone knew that I wanted to leave Newcastle to go to a more ambitious club that plays in the Champions League and at the top of the table.”

“God thank you, I signed with Tottenham.” “I would have liked it to be resolved sooner.”

“I could rest a little anyway, but psychologically, it took my energy.”

“Arriving late in the transfer window, it’s not the same, even if I had the chance to be welcomed and everything went well.”

Note to Mousa – please stop talking about Newcastle UNited – you are no longer part of the club.

You are happy about that and so are we – so please give us all a rest and a break.

Hint – talk about Tottenham Hotspur from now on – they are a very good club.

Thank you.

End of story – hopefully ……..

Tags: Coaching · Management · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News

14 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ibizatoon // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:21 AM

Ed…I say lead by example and we stop talking about him.

As you say, he is no longer part of the club.

• 2 Budge123 // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:33 AM

That seems logical ibizatoon ignorance is bliss after all!

I imagine he won’t be ignored the next time he trotts out at SJP but until then we can not waste our time or effort on him.

The exact opposite of this text actually lol

• 3 Legolas // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:35 AM

From previous thread. I work with a Norwich fan and he said he doesn’t think they have been playing particularly well.
    I think they will be there are thereabouts at the end of season but think others will be challenging to. Hopefully, as some have said our stronger and better squad should see us through.

• 4 Jib // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:39 AM

• 5 Oldgit1 // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:40 AM

It’s reported by sky sports that they are going to show 10 live championship matches during the month of Dec. NUFC is being shown in 4 of them. Good news for streamers on here.

• 6 Ibizatoon // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:40 AM

Budge…Logical ignorance is my speciality (which for some reason, this blog is saying I’ve spelt incorrectly?!?)

• 7 Jib // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:40 AM

December/January fixtures live on Sky Sports

Thurs Dec 1: QPR v Wolves (7.45pm)

Fri Dec 2: Nottingham Forest v Newcastle (7.45pm)

Sat Dec 3: Leeds v Aston Villa (5.30pm)

Start of 10 in 10

Fri Dec 9: Brighton v Leeds (7.45pm)

Sat Dec 10: Preston v Blackburn (5.30pm)

Sun Dec 11: Derby v Nottingham Forest (12.00pm)

Mon Dec 12: Bolton v Gillingham (7:45pm)

Tues Dec 13: Norwich v Aston Villa (7:45pm)

Wed Dec 14: Wigan v Newcastle (7:45pm)

Thurs Dec 15: Coventry v Sheffield United (7:45pm)

Fri Dec 16: Norwich v Huddersfield (7:45pm)

Sat Dec 17: Birmingham v Brighton (5.30pm)

Sun Dec 18: QPR v Aston Villa (TBC – lunchtime)

Mon Dec 26: Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday (7.45pm)

Tues Dec 27: Brighton v QPR (12.30pm)

Tues Dec 27: Derby v Birmingham (3.00pm)

Thurs Dec 29: Aston Villa v Leeds (7:45pm)

Sat Dec 31: Brentford v Norwich (5:30pm)

Mon Jan 2: Blackburn v Newcastle (3.00pm)

• 8 Oldgit1 // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:41 AM

You beat me to it jib lol

• 9 reilly // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:45 AM

great news game on on boxing day.

• 10 martoon // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:50 AM

This is not sour grapes but in all the games I’ve seen him play for Spurs he hasn’t done anything. In the Man City game he had 1 run & a cross that missed everybody. Not sure what the Spurs fans think but I don’t see a £30m player?

• 11 2_goal_tino // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:50 AM

Agree with Ibiza – you can’t expect him to stop talking about Newcastle but then feel like you have a right to complain about him.

Also to be fair, as always, his full interview has been cut and edited and to be honest the translation isn’t great. For example, his comment about ‘a more ambitious club’ isn’t the proper translation, a better translation is an ‘elite club’ and in this context must be understood in terms of his subsequent statement about Champions League. So should be read as “I wanted to leave Newcastle to go to an elite club, which plays in the Champions League and at the top of the table.” He wasn’t really having a dig at Newcastle.

His full interview is at http://fr.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2016/m=10/news=sissoko-j-ai-passe-un-ete-complique-2840375.html

• 12 Mister Tuff // Oct 6, 2016 at 10:53 AM

Ref the insurance suggestion earlier about Barton.
    Cannot imagine at all anyone could get any form of cover in respect of criminal activities by an employee -as they cannot fulfill their contract duties.- due to languishing in jail.
    A further clue could be had by the fact that Barton stated he was not paid when he was a guest of Her Majesty.
    (Jib that does not mean he was staying at Buckingham Palace)

The club would not claim” loss of wages” as they did not pay him. To not pay him and then claim would be tantamount to criminal deception by the club. And even then they were not that stupid. I think it would be safe to assume that no such cover for criminal behaviour existed.

• 13 toonincheek // Oct 6, 2016 at 12:35 PM

What I recall is that Newcastle (as in Ashley) didn’t want to pay his wages when he was locked up, and that is perfectly reasonable as he cannot fulfil his part of the contract.
    But – when he came out, Barton took legal action to get his wages, and what I recall is that he won.
    So – it may be true that he wasn’t paid while he was in prison, but I think he got the money later.
    That may have been because Newcastle knew of the impending court case and likely prison term and were therefore deemed to have accepted the risk of paying his wages when he was locked up.
    Only what I recall – I haven’t googled/searched it.

• 14 NZGeordieviaAfrica // Oct 7, 2016 at 1:19 AM

@ Martoon at 10 – imagine what the Man Utd fans feel about Pogba and his pricetag! And I totally agree with you in that Sissoko has done nothing for Spurs so far and long may that continue.

previous post: Newcastle’s Folly Back In August 2008