The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Player In Spotlight After Some Impressive Performances

1:37 pm, Saturday, October 8th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 55 Comments

The Boot Room is a very good blog that offers analysis and opinion (don’t we all) on various football matters and they cover lots of different clubs too.

The Chronicle have pointed out they have an article out currently that looks at the current England U-21 side and they have some analysis for three players, where they stand in terms of making the full squad any time soon.

One of those players is our very own Isaac Hayden who has been great for us so far this season, especially when you consider we paid Arsenal only 2.5M for him in the summer.

isaac hayden

Isaac Hayden – has lots of starts for Newcastle United

This is what The Boot Room have written on Hayden:

Isaac Hayden moved to Newcastle from Arsenal in the summer in search of regular football. He spent last season on loan at Hull City as the Tigers earned promotion back to the Premier League.

Hayden made his senior debut for Arsenal in September 2013 and only made one other appearance for the Gunners besides that.

Wenger told Arsenal Player that he allowed Hayden to leave because:

“He couldn’t get the chance here and I decided to let him go and have an opportunity. At 21 years of age, you need to play or you stand still – and if you stand still you waste your career.”

The versatile midfielder and England U-21 international has got his Newcastle career off to a good start, scoring once and starting eight times.

He was on the bench for the England U-21 match against Kazakhstan, but if he continues starting for Newcastle, he can start for the England U-21s and hopefully progress to the senior squad.

The other two players they analyzed are Demarai Gray of Leicester City and James Ward-Prowse of Southampton.

Tags: Coaching · Isaac Hayden · Management · Newcastle News · Other News

55 responses so far ↓

• 1 NUFCPaul // Oct 8, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Would be nice to have a core group of young players who stay at the club for many years to come and know eachother’s game inside out, similar to the successful Arsenal or Man Utd teams of the past couple of decades. Keep adding the odd star player here and there, but having that core of mostly British players growing together as a group.

• 2 sing in the corner // Oct 8, 2016 at 1:52 PM

It would be fantastic to have more of a reason to watch England games. My interest has diminished steadily over the last few years.
    Under Rafa, maybe we can get a few more of our lads developing into the squad. Jamaal, Arma, Hayden, Gayle…why not?

• 3 sing in the corner // Oct 8, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Personally I think we should have Armstrong back at the end of the season if not before. If he gets a decent amount of goals at Barnsley, proves himself in the Championship then surely it’s his time for his chance?

• 4 Bobbybee // Oct 8, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Sorry betty, missed the bus with my reply. It’s overleaf.
    Got to say I’ve been impressed with Hayden so far. Looks like a great prospect.

• 5 Bobbybee // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:01 PM

Sing, I’m confident Rafa is keeping a close eye on Arma’s development at Barnsley. Both his goals this season have been grade A quality, but no surprise there. If Messi had scored his goal against Preston we’d never have it off ssn mate. Great goal for certain. 🙂

• 6 Mag52 // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:02 PM

NUFC

How good would it be if that core of British players came mostly from the North East ?

• 7 NUFCPaul // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:05 PM

sing – same here. Wouldn’t it be great to have three or four of our English lads playing for their country and doing well, just like Spurs have at the minute with Kane, Alli, Walker and Rose (they may have one or two others that have slipped my mind right now).

Not only would it make International games a bit more interesting (even though I support my country no matter how frustrating they may be) but it would also mean our lads are doing really well for their club, which can only be good news for the Toon!

• 8 sing in the corner // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:08 PM

To me it would be very good Mag52
    The crowd love a fantastic young player coming through wherever they hail from, but to a working class local fan there’s nowt better than to see ‘one of our own’ making it. The fans connect better with the team, this is where the sense of pride in your roots comes from!

• 9 Mister Tuff // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM

betty – in response I can only say I cannot read everything and certainly missed the post you refer to -so really I do not think it right to assume that I did and chose not to comment thereby suggesting double standards.
    Certainly we should all deplore and stand up against discrimination – including discrimination of the disabled and if BandB has ridiculed another posters disability then she deserves any due sanctions that come her way. In todays society such base comments are not acceptable.

As an aside -whether you believe me or not I can tell you that I have over the years campaigned against several of my employers due to their lack of knowledge about requirements for the disabled in buildings specifically planning issues. I researched and studied these matters in my own time to assist disabled people I was then able to take to task the experts who had no idea of what they were talking about.
    Issues such as doors not wide enough to allow access for a standard width wheel chair, doors wrongly hinged – resulting in wheelchairs not being able to turn.
    Rooms too small to allow the minimum turning circle of a wheelchair. Grab rails and hand wash facilities located in the wrong places and at the wrong heights.
    Learnt all of this stuff myself -not to benefit me but disabled folk.

I hope you would therefore re-consider the content of your earlier post. Matter for you.

• 10 sing in the corner // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Nufcpaul
    Crossed posts there but yeah, right on!

• 11 NUFCPaul // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Mag52 – that would be even better. We always like to see one of our own out there on the pitch, don’t we? Makes me miss the days of Howey, Watson, Clark, Elliott and Beardsley all out there at the same time. Was that the last time we had as many Geordies out there on the pitch together? I’m guessing it was but would like to hear if anyone knows differently.

• 12 sing in the corner // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:13 PM

NUFCPaul
    And Waddler!

• 13 Bobbybee // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM

Yawn. Arsene Wenger? 🙂 🙂 I need a couple of hours kip before the England game, having been up all night. Don’t get drawn in betty, rise above it again. You know it makes sense. 🙂

• 14 Bobbybee // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:36 PM

Don’t forget Shearer either lads – as if you could. 🙂 Football wise, scotland are bottom of my list, but with Ritchie and Hanley playing, I’m tempted to watch them. Just tempted like! 🙂

• 15 Average_Contents // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:39 PM

“I’m going to ignore them all from now on”

I wonder who said that yet it’s all they’ve talked about. Interspersed with other topics of course just so they can then point to them and say “Look, I’m talking about blah, blah”

For someone who claims to not give a sh1t you sure bang on about it a lot.

Oh and don’t bother saying I’ve brought it up again. You’ve not stopped. All day.

As long as you get your say though eh.

After that, nobody else is allowed. Unless of course you do.

• 16 NUFCPaul // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM

sing/Bobby – I hadn’t forgotten those other legendary Geordies but I meant getting as many Geordies into one team at the same time. I think the five I mentioned all played together at one point in the same team and that was the last time we had that many out there at once.

• 17 Legolas // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Mag52,

I would love a Newcadtle team to be full of local players. Have wished for that since the days of Steve Watson, Robbie Elliott, Beardsley, Howey and Shearer etc.

May be a little way off though. ?

• 18 Legolas // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Lol, how comes my smiley faces turn out as a question mark. Doh.

• 19 sing in the corner // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:51 PM

5 was amazing NUFCPaul.
    I don’t think we’ll see that again now. Whole different culture with teams and academies sourcing loads of players from around the world. I think a couple of 1st team regulars would be great, and young lads coming through the youth set up at least getting into the squad and progressing through. Anymore than that would be a great bonus, for me.

• 20 expatmag // Oct 8, 2016 at 2:58 PM

AC

Pretty fair comments made there mate. That poster is fast becoming the master of double standards on here and only after recently finding this site too.

Maybe we should follow his lead and ignore him…..lol

• 21 BandB // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:00 PM

AC

When you investigate football casuals, what they send along to meet you is someone urbane, charming and able to pass himself off as a fair-minded sort of guy.

They do this because without such a person to smooth things over for them they are quickly reveal themselves for what they really are.

I don’t do anything for nothing. And I always do nothing for a reason. Let them fill the vacuum.

• 22 expatmag // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:06 PM

BANDB

I hear you have been a naughty girl then?…..loldr

• 23 Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM

It might sound a bit negative but the fact that Hayden doesn’t start every game is great for us. I wouldn’t have a problem if he did as he is well worth a place.

Shows we now have strength in depth.

Got loads of apples today, able to pick our own at no cost.

Site is tended by a local community group with a small holding who help people with emotional problems, made sure I spent some money on some of the stalls, it was a sort of an open day.

I now want to get an apple press!! 🙂

Apple are round, a bit like footballs hope that covers the blog parameters. 😉

• 24 BandB // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM

expat

So I hear.
    Well, they would say that, wouldn’t they?

• 25 expatmag // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:10 PM

BAND

Of course they would. I mean, look how virginal and squeaky clean they are…….lol

• 26 Mister Tuff // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:12 PM

wow – I try and qualify something with betty in resposne and the petty snipes start again by you know who.
    Posted a couple of things that I’ve done to assist disbabled people and the petty snipe is a yawn and further snipes from a disabled person????

Give it a rest.

For the fourth time in three days I will again say do not mention me and I’ll reciprocate.
    You are spoiling the blog.

AC/Expat – don’t get involved lads – not worth it.

• 27 Jib // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:19 PM

Essex
    This is a great site

• 28 Mister Tuff // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:21 PM

essex – choose carefully there is always a couple of bad/rotten apples in the barrel.
    Good point about English apples though -just scoffed a desert apple from my apple tree – cannot remember the variety though at the minute.
    Folk should support the English Apple and Pear group. Old orchards are being ripped up.
    Apples used to provide all the vitamins years ago -with early and late fruiters.
    Saving the old varities is gaining support.

• 29 Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Mister Tuff

The orchard in question, was actually in the way of a runway extension at our local airport and the orchard won.
    They had to redo the plans to accommodate it.

England to win 6-0 today. Although it may be tougher than most people think.

• 30 Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Jib

Looks like a good link, cheers.

• 31 bettyswallocks // Oct 8, 2016 at 3:53 PM

Mister Tuff………. I appreciate your response and have duly noted your comments. I hope you didn’t conveniently overlook her comments and if you agree that she was out of order then that’s good enough.

She is either a scumbag like the other miscreants who display such behaviour or irreproachable because she’s female which I definitely don’t accept. The first explanation will do for me.

• 32 Budge123 // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:02 PM

I haven’t read any of the previous falling out as life is too short but can I check if all this talk of apples is to be taken at face value or is everyone talking in code.

For example if I said I liked a pink lady would people think I agreed with BandB – which as I haven’t read the previous nonsense I do not know if I do or not!

• 33 Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:06 PM

Mention of young Geordie players reminded me of Watson’s trick throw ins, don’t recall if he used them in actual matches but I’d love to see someone try it now.

• 34 Budge123 // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:08 PM

The flying geordie -quality memories

• 35 Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Budge

Good conspiracy theory mate but everything I’ve said today is genuine.

I like your paranoia though. 🙂

• 36 Budge123 // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM

What’s your favourite variety Essex?
    I like a cox’s pippen but you don’t find them much anymore

• 37 Jib // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:14 PM

• 38 Mister Tuff // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Betty – thanks for the response.
    There may be something in us all overlooking -at times- what has been said – because of who said it – conveniently overlooked lets say.. easily traceable back to cliques and settling old scores.
    The spite and hatred continues – I had told you a little bit about planning issues in respect of the disabled for you to consider.
    However, it drew a yawn and further sniping- I’m afraid there is not much I can do against such spite, hatred and anger especially from a disabled person. Certainly physical disability should not excuse such nastiness.

• 39 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:28 PM

Really don’t care about the match today, really sad because England used to be a team that excited me. Not anymore, especially with how things have been run over the past month. A shambles!

• 40 Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Probably a Russett.

For anyone living in or near London there is an Apple Day at Borough Market on 23rd October. It’s a great day out as Performers of ‘The Lions Part’ Shakespeare Group put on a series of performances which start at the Globe Theatre entry is free.

• 41 BandB // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Tuff

betty knows he wins here whether if I dispute this or not.
    He wins just by keeping you talking about it.

• 42 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:39 PM

BandB

Who cares about winning?

Accept you made a mistake and move on…

• 43 Bobbybee // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM

You don’t need me, you lot carry on. You’re doing a fine job without my input. 🙂 Would you like a bit more rope? Lmao!

• 44 BandB // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:47 PM

When Tuff was accused of attacking his neighbour’s cat, the people making it were never asked to produce their evidence.
    Very frustrating for Tuff. It was done on the basis that mud thrown will stick. It died because no-one fed it.

• 45 Mister Tuff // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:53 PM

BandB – better if we all put events behind us.
    In fairness if somebody asks something we should reply probably?????? even though the subject matter raises the hackles somewhat/a bit/a lot.????????

Anyway hopefully things will subside -we’ll see.
    Mmmm hope on the blog perhaps a tall order. Certainly when there are no club games.

• 46 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:54 PM

The difference here BandB is that there is proof of what you said. I fail to see why this comparison is relevant.

• 47 BandB // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:56 PM

You might ask the obvious question though Tuff.
    Where is it?

• 48 Bobbybee // Oct 8, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Likes killing pets as well then? What a pleasant little group you really are. And you don’t like me? Hallelujah. You really have no idea how happy that makes me. What a bunch of saddos. You really couldn’t make this up could you? 🙂 🙂

• 49 Bobbybee // Oct 8, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Fair play to Malta. Ten minutes in and scoreless. Nice to see them trying to play good football as well.

• 50 Mister Tuff // Oct 8, 2016 at 5:12 PM

My hope of peace – lasted 6 minutes and as if on cue the abuse starts again.
    Any of you impartial observers want to throw in a “give it a rest” or a “stop trying to cause a ruck”.

Killing pets eh ——then turns into a group activity –
    man he’s bonkers completely bonkers.

• 51 Mister Tuff // Oct 8, 2016 at 5:14 PM

BandB – not following you.

Away to watch the match.

• 52 Bobbybee // Oct 8, 2016 at 5:30 PM

No more than you calling me a football hooligan, you clown prince. At least there’s a semblence of evidence on this issue – and a lack of denial. I gave it a go, but sitting here listening to you lot in your fantasy world where only you lot are right, becomes difficult. ‘You can’t read everything?’ So how did you manage to read something in the early hours that didn’t involve you in any way shape or form, yet failed to notice the obvious in the middle of your conversation?
    You’re missing the point anyway. Nobody on here wants you to act as headmaster and sit passing judgement. Who exactly do you think you are, to try and act as such?
    As for your disabled drivel earlier. Yes tuff, of course you did all that. And you want me to be somehow grateful to you? Does your ego genuinely know no bounds. In my life, disabled people are well capable of defending themselves in the workplace, without nobs trying to score brownie points. Did you really do that all by yourself? What a clever boy you are. Ha ha ha ha, priceless. What was the cat then? Something else that pissed on your strawberries? Lmao. You do not own the blog. Nobody wants to listen to your patronising gob about defending common decency. You are one of, if not the, worst offender in attacking posters. Little hitler. Where’s that cat? Did you gas it? Stone it? Talk it to death? So, get it straight. Nobody has asked you to act as blog headmaster and nobody wants you to. Why do you even think you should have that power? Megalomaniac. A hero in your own lunchtime.
    At last, England score. Keeper might have done better though. Anybody think Rooney should have walked there? Scissor challenge?

• 53 Mister Tuff // Oct 8, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Man where did all that crap come from.
    Bonkers completely bonkers.

Give it a rest
    I’ve had to laugh – but what was all that about.
    Bonkers completely bonkers.

• 54 sing in the corner // Oct 8, 2016 at 5:46 PM

Bobby..
    Chill man! Everyone has now made their point… A few times. May I suggest…
    ————————————————————————————

…a (line)

• 55 Average_Contents // Oct 8, 2016 at 6:27 PM

So there’s evidence now of tuff attacking (killing a cat according to you)

Where from and supplied by whom.

No fcuker that’s who.