The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Star Finally Back To Form – Video

3:27 pm, Monday, October 10th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 11 Comments

Really good news for Newcastle fans as Aleksandar Mitrovic had an excellent game for Serbia last night and he scored two goals in their 3-2 home win over Austria.

Mitro has been a little bit off-form so far this season and especially when recently playing for his country when he came in for some extreme criticism in the last International break when Serbia played Ireland.

aleksandar-mitrovic

Aleksandar Mitrovic last night – had a good game

So his very good display last night will give him a real lift in his confidence and his two goals won Serbia the game last night.

After the game Mitro had this to say to then press:

“These goals are essential to me. I have not played much at Newcastle.”

“This is only the second game I have started in a month.”

“The manager Rafa Benitez sent me a message after the game and congratulated me.”

“There is time now before the next match against Wales.” “I know their style of play and how to play in that game.”

Rafa really is a class act and his man-management seems to be excellent.

Here’s some of the highlights from last night’s game with Mitro’s two goals.

And if you want to go straight to them – he scores after 20 seconds with a tap-on and after 3 mins and 30 seconds with a nice header.

It will be interesting to see if Rafa starts him on Saturday, but we don’t think he will since he may not be fresh.

Rafa will probably keep Dwight Gayle starting that game – just a hunch.

What do you think?

Tags: Aleksandar Mitrovic · Coaching · International break · International News · Newcastle News · World Cup 2018

11 responses so far ↓

• 1 hibbit // Oct 10, 2016 at 3:50 PM

clinath
    word at the game last night was the kit was donated by nike to the shearer foundation and they will be raffled / auctioned off at a later date to help raise funds for this very could cause

• 2 lochinvar // Oct 10, 2016 at 3:53 PM

The fact that Rafa contacted Mitro after the game speaks volumes for Rafa’s man management qualities.
    If you notice as each week goes by every player gets some mention or opportunity to comment in the press – rotation is everywhere.
    If I had an allotment I wonder if Rafa would drop buy and rotate the crops.

• 3 clinath@ed // Oct 10, 2016 at 3:53 PM

cheers Hibbit. It would be nice if it could made available and sold to the general public and those monies donated to the cause…

• 4 lesh // Oct 10, 2016 at 3:59 PM

Essex, Bobby

The way Ed’s buses are running at such a high frequency, maybe there’s a job waiting for him with Southern Railways!

Seriously though, you two owld pharts seem more than up to keeping up with Ed and you’re making me look like the geriatric hippy, faded flower person that I am!

Where you getting the energy? Is your treatment available on the NHS or is restricted to the wealthier sections of the population who can afford a medic on Harley Street.

• 5 Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 10, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Lesh

Try monkey hormones, the only problem with them is having to resist swinging through the tree’s in parks. 🙂

• 6 Lilongwe Geordie // Oct 10, 2016 at 6:10 PM

Back to form? In fairness he has only had 4 starts (including internationals, maybe 5) and has 3 goals. 1 goal in his only league start as well. Been influential in goals when off the bench as well, and was influential in their third last night. If that is out of form, I really hope that we get some more out of form players on our books…. Imagine the damage they could do when they hit form!

• 7 Mister Tuff // Oct 10, 2016 at 6:16 PM

mitrovic will probably be buzzing (more so than usual) thinking perhaps he’s broken through a bad stage and is maybe on a potential goal scoring run in the Championship.
    Imagine his deflation if he does not start the next game as Rafa “rotates” him.
    More twists and turns than a helter skelter.
    Will anybody out think Rafa this week on the Rafa bingo.

• 8 Uncertain Toon // Oct 10, 2016 at 6:54 PM

While I’m uncertain whether Mitro will start against Brentford, I really hope he does.
    2 well taken goals last night, not sure to the extent of his involvement in their 3rd but I’ll give him a blinkered assist!
    I suppose if he starts the game Rafa rotating as he’s been mainly used of the bench.
    Got some good players that Serbia lot, Wales could struggle especially if Bale doesn’t play.

• 9 Uncertain Toon // Oct 10, 2016 at 6:56 PM

shove an ‘is still’ in between Rafa and rotating!

• 10 sing in the corner // Oct 10, 2016 at 7:01 PM

My guess is Gayle will start,as Mitro had a busy game and travel schedule. Rafa will perhaps feel Gayle is fresh and in his own canny goalscoring form…

• 11 posada // Oct 11, 2016 at 1:31 AM

The picture heading this article says a lot.
    He must be a stone lighter than he was last season and even seems to have slimmed down a bit in recent weeks.
    Loosing weight isn’t everything.
    I would hope he is doing something to develop upper body strength.
    If he does that then he will really be a handful.

previous post: Benitez Gives Insight Into His Surprising Management Style