Shearer On Why The Hard Work Was All Worthwhile

Alan Shearer has been working hard over the last few weeks and months to put on the Entertainers game yesterday between a Newcastle side and Manchester United side which ended in a 2-2 draw.

And yes Alan Shearer himself scored – so what’s new?

alan-shearer

Alan Shearer – in action on Sunday – after scoring

The match was in aid of The Alan Shearer Foundation, and it went off very well by all accounts with 6,000 fans turning up for the game:

“It’s been hard work getting everyone together over a number of months but the generosity of everyone – players, fans, everyone – has been superb.”

“We’ve had a great crowd, it was a right laugh just watching everyone try and get into their shirts in the dressing room.”

“It’s been great having all the group back together. We had a great day at the golf day and then we had a meal and a few beers.”

“It’s been fantastic to catch up with everyone.”

Alan deserves all the accolades for setting up his Foundation for charity – and as I’ve said before it’s great that famous former players like Alan Shearer uses his name in the game to help people less well off than himself.

It’s just terrific.

stras-at-entertainers

Just like old times

• Bobbybee

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:24 PM

Lesh, you missed the bus mate! Outrun by two old buggers. Not just one either, Ed’s on a role.

Jib, yeah mate, got that now. I see now what I was doing wrong. Thought it might be me like, it usually is. 🙂 I did wonder what those sliders were for… 🙂

• martoon

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:28 PM

It is a shame there is an obvious rift between Shearer and the club. As demonstrated by his statue having to be on Council land and no obvious official support from the club yesterday. Surely with Rafa in charge now it is time to kiss and make up?

• Bobbybee

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:29 PM

I do forget just how all encompassing google is. I could so easily have googled that myself, but you think ‘would somebody bother to make a vid about that?’ Appears the answer is ‘yes’ on every possible subject. 🙂 Next time I’ll follow your example and go straight for google jib. No matter how mundane the question is. 🙂

• Bobbybee

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:35 PM

Martoon, if only eh? It is a crying shame. Maybe it’s beyond repair, but you’d like to think any rift can be healed with the right words. Problem is, I’m not sure Ashley gives it any thought tbh. Maybe Rafa might talk him round one day, but I’m not sure they even meet that often for the subject to be broached. Maybe one for the fans forum to bring up, followed by a quiet word from Rafa? It definitely needs fixing though and the sooner the better.

• Bobbybee

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:38 PM

Jib, thanks for your help by the way, if I haven’t already said so. 🙂

• cyprus

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:38 PM

Who played exactly?
    I see Tino was there, Dabizas, Beardo, Beresford, Sellars…

Dabizas is in Cyprus, Director of Football for a club, along with coach Carver. Omonoia are 4th with just one defeat, but the fans want it all, ie. the title. Anything else, he’s gone.

• Jib

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Darren Peacock
    Steve Howey
    Laurent Robert
    Rob Lee
    Pav’s brother Milan Srnicek

• Bobbybee

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Got to shoot, catcha later.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 10, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Bobby

That was two buses, pity Ed doesn’t work for our local public transport system. They keep cutting them.