The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Young Star Gets Help And Advice From Rafa Benitez

9:22 am, Friday, October 14th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 16 Comments

Isaac Hayden has been a great signing for Newcastle at just £2.5M from Arsenal and the 21 year-old made his England U-21 debut earlier this week in the 5-0 win against Bosnia and Herzegovina – after he been part of the England U-21 squad quite a few times.

Isaac has now played for every single England Youth team from U-16 through U-21 and has made a total of 22 appearances in England Youth colors.

Isaac Hayden being interviewed on nufcTV

Issac has been a regular in the Newcastle team this season and has made 10 appearances with one goal and one assist and that includes 8 starts.

Isaac knew that his form for Newcastle had dropped a bit over the last few games and he says that Rafa talked to him about that.

Hopefully we will see him back to playing in the cultured style we got used to this season.

Issac was asked on nufcTV about life on Tyneside since he signed on July 11th and this is what he said:

“I’ve been happy with it.”

“I’d say probably the last couple of games – I didn’t play in the Rotherham game and maybe I was a little bit tense in my game, putting too much pressure on myself a little bit, in the couple of games leading up to it.”

“The manager spoke to me about that and he just helped me understand what he wanted from me, what he wanted from my game, and I think that helped me.”

“I’ve come back now after the England U-21s debut and I feel fresh and I feel ready to go for the next section of games.”

“There’s a lot of games in the Championship as we all know. The manager likes to rotate and he likes to keep players fresh.”

“I think everyone’s on board with what he wants going forward and everyone who is associated with the club needs to be pulling in the right direction to get it back to where it belongs – in the Premier League.”

Isaac could turn out to be a really tremendous signing for Newcastle in the years ahead.

We certainly hope that’s the case because Isaac has already shown he has some real class and potential,  which can be developed with the help of Rafa Benitez.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Brentford?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Championship · Coaching · England News · Isaac Hayden · Newcastle News

16 responses so far ↓

• 1 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Oct 14, 2016 at 9:24 AM

Looking forward to the new season tomorrow!!!!!!

Feels like it

• 2 hibbit // Oct 14, 2016 at 9:36 AM

there guessing just like us

• 3 Wayayman // Oct 14, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Just catching up on the last few days (work gets in the way of reading the forum somehow…) and wanted to recommend a book by Jimmy Burns on Maradona called The Hand Of God.

It’s a superb book, one of the best football books ever written. Highly recommend it.

• 4 ScoopSouthAfrica // Oct 14, 2016 at 10:31 AM

As per subject of good reads by WAYAYMAN @3 I have read an article about a forthcoming follow up book called the “Tunnel of Love” by Martin Hardy which comes highly recommended.
    Unfortunatley it is only being released for sale on the 16th of October here in South Africa, this is the next one in line from his previous book “Touching Distance” which is how we were almost there with Keegan.
    Hopefully the next few years will give food for thought for Martin to write about the Great Caruso oops I mean RAFA……..

• 5 Bobbybee // Oct 14, 2016 at 10:38 AM

The book I want to read hasn’t been written yet. It’s about how a world class manager woke the biggest sleeping giant in history and took them from the Championship to the PL title in only three years.

• 6 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 14, 2016 at 10:55 AM

Bobby, stick to the recommended dosage fella. Top SIX in three years would be remarkable.

• 7 Bobbybee // Oct 14, 2016 at 11:07 AM

Jimmy, don’t I know it! But, like I say, it would make one helluva read. Would be great to live through it as well.

• 8 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 14, 2016 at 11:16 AM

Yeah, a regular Harry Potter. But really, why not top 6. All it would need is Ashley to speculate a little, and then just maybe you would get your title Bobby. Just maybe.

• 9 lesh // Oct 14, 2016 at 11:30 AM

Were the minutes of the last fan forum ever published?

• 10 Bobbybee // Oct 14, 2016 at 11:35 AM

Jimmy, I would snatch your hand off for a top six in three years. Maybe my fault for not putting a smiley there, to indicate I was day dreaming. 🙂 First thing is to get out of the Championship matey, before I start dreaming of winning anything. That said, nice dream innit? 🙂 If only…

• 11 Bobbybee // Oct 14, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Lesh, I’ve no idea mate. Ed would normally put a thread on it and I don’t recall seeing it on either, so your guess is as good as mine. I can’t even remember when it was to be honest.

• 12 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 14, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Sure, nice dream. We’ll do it one day.

• 13 Bobbybee // Oct 14, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Jimmy, seriously, can you imagine the scenes if we ever won anything? It would be a burglars charter, with everybody in the city centre to welcome the lads home! 🙂 We’ve made enough fuss when we’ve come close, so the city would party for a month for a bit of silverware. Be worth flying over just for the party. 🙂

• 14 SPRINGY // Oct 14, 2016 at 12:03 PM

morning all
    was there when we got promoted under keegan and that sticks in my head like it was yesterday….if we were to win anything a party of the likes would of never been seen before!!!… step at a time tho,brentford sat!!lol

• 15 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 14, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Yep, it’s long, long overdue. It’s actually f@cken terrible. Shocking and distressing. I’m not even joking.

• 16 Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith // Oct 14, 2016 at 12:20 PM

Yeah, well I’m not suicidal or nothin’, but it’s still pretty bad. haha!

previous post: McClaren Carefully Adjusts Comments To His New Situation