The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Fans React On Twitter To Impressive 3-1 Win Over Brentford

6:03 pm, Saturday, October 15th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 6 Comments

Here’s some reactions from the Newcastle fans after a rather easy 3-1 win over Brentford today and Jonjo Shelvey had another outstanding game for the Magpies and he’s looking better and better as the season progresses.

We weren’t too sure how this game would go today, after dodgy performances in the league at home against Huddersfield Town and Wolves,  but this was a good solid performance from the lads and our third league win in a row.

Next up is a trip to Barnsley on Tuesday night and we cannot slip up there.

Dwight Gayle and Jonjo Shelvey after Dwight scored Newcastle’s second goal

Tags: Championship · Newcastle News · Other News · Tweet · Twitter

6 responses so far ↓

• 1 sparky55 // Oct 15, 2016 at 6:07 PM

absolutely…come Jan / Feb with a few injuries and 11 games to play in the clarty northern pitches they’ll all be knackered and threadbare.

It may not seem it right now but we’re well in the driving seat and we’ll finish top 2 easy.

• 2 Jail for Ashley // Oct 15, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Aye, and I’m very pleased that someone posted that we’re now doing better than the last time down here, especially as I think we’ve more to come.
    I’ll spare my repost.

• 3 Blackley and Brownlie // Oct 15, 2016 at 6:12 PM

No question who was man of the match. Same player who’s on course to be player of the season.

• 4 Jail for Ashley // Oct 15, 2016 at 6:17 PM

I’ll have to thank Barry Fry if Dwight Gayle gets top scorer mind, someone will have to show me how to use Twitter 🙂

• 5 Bambams // Oct 15, 2016 at 6:20 PM

I am not bothered if both us and Norwich pull away. I will take second place no bother as long as we go up. I would love to be champions but I think the exciting times will be if we do go up and then Rafa is backed financially.

Great win today and I watched the Mackems game on a steam. …They are well in trouble

• 6 Jail for Ashley // Oct 15, 2016 at 6:23 PM

I’m all in for this rotation malarky mind but how do you drop Gayle if he’s getting brace’s and hatricks, I wonder what it was that persuaded Murphy to give up a regular starting place to not even sit on our bench, would an extra 250K a year do it to somebody already pretty well off, I suppose if someone offered you half a million more over two years and the possibility of a game or two in the PL at his age then maybe it’s a no brainer.

previous post: Who Was Newcastle’s Man Of The Match Against Brentford?

next post: Rafa’s Message After The Game – We Will Play Much Better