The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Player Simply Buzzing After Yesterday’s Win

3:47 pm, Sunday, October 16th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 108 Comments

Dwight Gayle cannot stop scoring goals at the moment and long may that continue as the Newcastle number 9 now has 9 goals to his name in the Championship and he’s the top scorer in the division.

In his last two home games Dwight has scored 5 goals so it’ s not too surprising he just loves playing at St. James’ Park in front of the Geordie fans.

And in the Chronicle today, Dwight has talked about how he gets encouragement from the fans wherever he is – including on the streets of Newcastle.

Dwight Gayle scores Newcastle’s second goal yesterday

Dwight couldn’t quite get a second hat-trick in successive home games yesterday, but he got another brace and he’s our main goalscorer to date and has 6 more goals than the next players in line who are Shelvey, Perez and Gouffran with 3 goals each.

Shelvey had another terrific game for us yesterday and basically ran the game for Newcastle and in this form Jonjo looks like a simply fantastic buy for Newcastle at just £12M, which now even seems cheap for such a talented player – when he’s on form.

This is what Gayle has said in the Chronicle today:

“The fans here are fantastic. Even when you are walking down the street everybody is fully behind you!”

“Everybody in the city is pulling in the right direction and that’s exactly what we need.”

“Hopefully, we can continue to push on and give them what they want – which is promotion back to the Premier League.”

“We worked hard but it’s important to look at what they brought to the table.” “We watched several clips before the game and we know they are a good footballing side.”

“They have been fantastic this season and I am sure they will continue to do that. So it was a big win for us.”

“We just need to keep up picking up the wins. Every game will be tough this season.”

“There will be a game or two where you win comfortably but the teams are there to pick on you and everybody will be trying to beat Newcastle.”

“I am buzzing at the moment and everybody is excited and looking to the future.” “But we can’t get too carried away.”

“We need to just need to keep picking up the three points when we can and continue trying to improve as a team.”

“I am really enjoying playing with the players we have got.” “The quality here is fantastic. I am just trying to help get the goals and help us out really.”

And there was more good news this afternoon as Huddersfield lost their 100% home record to Sheffield Wednesday, who won 1-0 through a penalty from Fernando Forestieri after 68 minutes, after he had earlier hit the bar with a terrific chip shot.

Sheffield Wednesday, the beaten play-off finalists last season are also starting to make their move with four wins in the last six games.

We now play Barnsley on Tuesday night at Oakwell and Rafa Benitez will be holding his press conference for that game early tomorrow afternoon as the games come thick and fast now over the next three weeks.

A win on Tuesday could even see us be at the top of the league for the first time this season.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Brentford?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Championship · Dwight Gayle · Interview · Newcastle News

108 responses so far ↓

• 1 bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 3:48 PM

27bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM

I’d like to think we will be looking to line up some PL standard players for January and next summer.

I don’t know if Stoke have an option on Bony but he looked superb yesterday leading the line and orchestrating their attack. He would be a great signing for us.

• 2 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 3:50 PM

28Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Jail, as you know, I don’t give Ashley much thought either way – owners being a necessary evil imo – but if he’s prepared to let Rafa run things, then I’m happy for him to stay. A new owner might not see things that way and spoil what Rafa’s built. Not worth the gamble imo. He’s currently unheard of and nobody needs reminding of his past record, so I like it this way. The key is him keeping this going. So far so good, long may it carry on.

• 3 Uncertain Toon // Oct 16, 2016 at 3:50 PM

Uncertain Toon // Oct 16, 2016 at 3:46 PM

Just been having a skeg at midweek fixtures.
    1} Fulham have Norwich on Tuesday night and they haven’t won at home in the league since beating us on opening night! I’ll take a draw or maybe a home win as ‘a big team’ is in town and they raise their game.
    2) We tear Barnsley a new one and pump that GD up to high teens.
    3) What ever Huddersfield do on Wednesday night they can’t catch the toon on GD.
    Toon top of the league, SIMPLES, if I were a meerkat!

• 4 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Betty, there’s no question we will be marra. Rafa’s already on the hunt by all accounts. He’s not one to let the grass grow under his feet and is probably already thinking about the season after next. 🙂 Rafa only knows one way of thinking and always has – winning. And that sir, is jolly good news for us fans!

• 5 Jail for Ashley // Oct 16, 2016 at 3:55 PM

I’d still rather have someone who isn’t being pulled up for his dodgy practices all the time and it wasn’t that long ago that he was constantly in the top three of worst owners in the league.

• 6 sing in the corner // Oct 16, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Haha, mange tout Rodney, mange tout!
    You could sell ice to the Eskimos man.

In the Flag eh? Good move. You must be champing at the bit,starting with a trip to Yorkshire on tues!

• 7 bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 3:56 PM

Jail…… There are still people on here who consider Ashley the eternal enemy and would question your decision to support the club with your attendance. Stay strong and enjoy the Rafalution and don’t allow the bullies to get to you.

• 8 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Jail, not many rich people have a good ethics background. City’s owners stone people to death for what we would take as everyday living! I’m not proud of him, don’t get me wrong, but right now, this minute, I would say not to meddle because it’s working. Taken far too long to get here, but better late than never. The future looks rosy and if Ashley is happy to let it continue exactly how it is… He’ll always be a knacker like. 🙂

• 9 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:02 PM

Sing, I’m on commission mate! 🙂

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:03 PM

• 11 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:06 PM

Wow! What a save! Amazing.

• 12 Jail for Ashley // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:07 PM

No Bobby they don’t but they’re not all hauled up in front of MP’s either to explain their Dickensian working practices either, I’m happy with what we’re doing right now but I’d also be happy if rich new owners who promised Rafa the earth came in as well.

• 13 Ron Knee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:08 PM

He-whose-name-shall-not-be-mentioned is in action today.

• 14 Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:09 PM

At the risk of sounding a bit of a pessimist, Jonjo’s great form is a touch worrying. One of the top clubs might just fancy putting in a big bid for him. Mind you I think Rafa would really throw his teddies out of the pram if Ashley even hinted at it.

As I was watching the championship highlights Saturday I had to smile at some of the goal celebrations of other teams. The way they were sliding into their team mates would probably have got them carded if they did that to opposition in the game. They might just kick themselves out contention. 🙂

• 15 SPRINGY // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Just thinkin that my sell bobby mate….fantastic save.

• 16 SPRINGY // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:11 PM

By the way u were ryt yesterday…. positive thinking is tbe way forward!lol

• 17 Novocastrian66 // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:12 PM

My only concern at the moment is what will we do when Shelvey is missing? He’s dictating every game with his passing. He finds space and is producing killer passes from all areas of the pitch.

• 18 Tsunki // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:15 PM

Yeah Betty name the bullies we need to get at the culprits who are denying thousands of readers of the blog a safe posting experience 🙂

• 19 SPRINGY // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Aye,ive had a similar thought that if shelvey out we dobt really have a like for like replacement,most if not all other positions are covered but his…it will be interesting to see how we do if hes out for any reason.

• 20 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Jail, so would we all, but that’s unlikely right now matey. Just go with the flow and see if it lasts and enjoy the buzz of us with a bright future. Only happens a couple of times per lifetime after all! 🙂

• 21 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Don’t be drawn in betty. 🙂

• 22 bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:20 PM

• 23 Tsunki // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Drawn in to what? I’m only asking a question Betty opened up about. There seems to be an eagerness not to let some things go with the inference is that ‘others’ are causing trouble still. I just want to know who Betty thinks they are. Its not an argument, so there’s nothing for you to police Bobby.

• 24 Average_Contents // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Yeah betty, don’t get drawn in after throwing accusations around.

• 25 Tsunki // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:24 PM

If I’m one I don’t know it.

• 26 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Betty/nova. That was why Rafa wanted Judge in the summer, but the broken leg scuppered it. 🙂 He should be fit again come January and we’ll sign him them I believe. Unless someone better becomes available. Nobody should judge Judge ( 🙂 ) by the team he plays for currently. He really is good. Not quite Shelvey, but a decent replacement when required.

• 27 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:26 PM

🙂 🙂

• 28 Tsunki // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:27 PM

Anyhow, I still get the image of Rafa sitting in his Chesterfield swirling a brandy glass as Charnley runs in to tell him the result immediately at the end of the Huddersfield game :-

“Senor Beni….”
    “I know, Lee. I have always known”….

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:29 PM

I think another playmaker is needed but I don’t think we’d collapse without Shelvey, we’d just adapt.

• 30 Jail for Ashley // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Can Diame not play a similar role to Shelvey?

• 31 bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Tsunki…… They’re out there hovering ready to swoop at any time.

Don’t let your guard down or you could well end up a victim.

• 32 Tsunki // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:30 PM

Surely the contingency we have for Shelvey not being available is Benitez? That’s why he earns the Euros, changing tactics and playing style should be no problem. Whilst Shelvey is invaluable, we saw last season he wasn’t indispensable. Worry not.

• 33 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Can’t see Heaton being with Burnley long. At least they’ll make a canny earner off him. Two of England’s finest on display here.

• 34 hibbit // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:34 PM

well lads dont laugh
    took my lads to the Boro game this afternoon ( thank god i got the tickets for nowt )

i know we have had our problems and folk on here talk about prem quality players but if thats the standard we have to beat we are looking good
    Boro 4th bottom never had a shot on goal very poor team total lacking any organisation like schoolboy chasing the ball

watford 9th place if we had played them yesterday we would have hammered them even with the players we have
    on this performance Boro will only be heeding one way and that’s down
    the Boro fans gave it there all but could not motivate them
    Boro are such a one pace team and Watford were not much better
    pleased to be home

• 35 bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:35 PM

Ok then I’ll name one. As I have pointed out numerous times already Ruddy is a bully. He tries to intimidate and create guilt for anyone that doesn’t follow his agenda.

• 36 welshgeordie9 // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:35 PM

We should go for that no 10 player for Southampton, Charlie something.

• 37 sing in the corner // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:36 PM

Shelvey’s a big player for us in the form he’s in. But we hardly missed Ritchie yesterday and he has been an integral figure for us too. We haven’t got a like for like but we can shuffle the pack and still have creativity in my opinion.

• 38 Ron Knee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:36 PM

They didn’t pay you to watch?

• 39 Jail for Ashley // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:36 PM

I hope you’ve all had a piping hot bath and used a bar of carbolic soap after that experience 😮

• 40 Jail for Ashley // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:39 PM

On that note certain posters who I won’t name for fear of bringing up old arguments go absolutely potty if you don’t agree with them and lump everyone who doessn’t in to some type of scientific cult!

• 41 sing in the corner // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:39 PM

Was just gonna say I recommend continuous oxygen for the next 24 hours!

• 42 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Sing, that’s the magic of the rotation system. He just picks a team that can cope with a specific player missing. Like I said, we would’ve had Judge as like for like and if Rafa thought he needed a like for like he probably would’ve gone for one. He knows his players and uses them accordingly.

• 43 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:42 PM

🙂 🙂 🙂

• 44 Tsunki // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Ha ha Betty that’s about right. Computers have replaced muscle in many noble aspects of man’s endeavours. 🙂

• 45 hibbit // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:45 PM

ron /jail

if that had been one of our games the blog would be in melt down

• 46 JamesToon // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:45 PM

We have a lot of strength in depth and a lot more balance to our squad now. Atsu offers more pace and directnesss than Ritchie, however Ritchie i’d describe as a playmaker and grafter, he’s very tactically aware and makes the right decisions and never loses the ball. I think he’s similar type of player to dusan tadic.

• 47 Tsunki // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Hibbit jeyes fluid and three day quarantine should be more than sufficient. Have you made sure the lads have had the charcoal gargle? 🙂

• 48 JamesToon // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:46 PM

First time in a long time this season that I absolutely love our whole squad, not one player who I think we should of have sold in the summer, I like all of them, obviously there’s those players like Perez and Diame who are struggling, but we’ve got great team spirit at the moment

• 49 Jail for Ashley // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:47 PM

The rotation system works for exactly that reason, I know it can be frustrating after tearing QPR a new one then not playing the same team but it has worked for him and he has the honours to show for it. It’s not like he’s won a Johnstones Paint trophy by lumping 456 corners at a tall Championship CB without scoring or brought on a defender after going 1-0 up against the worst club in the division.

• 50 Jib // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:47 PM

Charley Farley
    and his mate Piggy Malone
    It’s OK though
    Inspector Corner of the Yard has it all in hand

• 51 bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Tsunki is also a bully. He is extremely aggressive and resorts to hurling insults and obscenities far too readily.A better command of the English language which he craves would enable him to post in a more eloquent style as oppose to resorting to bad language .

• 52 Jib // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:50 PM

We have to think (again ) about Fernando Forestieri for the Winter window – he is one class act !

• 53 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:52 PM

James, looking good innit? The team spirit was epitomised in the Norwich game where they stuck together right until the winning goal went in. Another time that would melted down to the blame game and internal squabbling. Amazing what one man with a vision can do. 🙂

• 54 Ron Knee // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:52 PM

Karanka: “The only way we know how to play is the way we played the first 35 minutes.”

Gawd help them!

• 55 Jib // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:54 PM

The fans really need to do a job on Forestieri when Sheff Wed play us live on Sky – on Boxing Day evening.
    Make him feel wanted by us !

• 56 Jail for Ashley // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:55 PM

I wonder if the fact that Forestieri went on strike to force a move had anything to do with our interest cooling in him, imo, players who are prepared to do that just aren’t worth it in the long run, what if Man U decided they want him one day and he does the same to us. Cabaye, Sissoko anyone!

• 57 bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Only teasing Tsunki. If there was a blog award for diplomacy, you would be a serious contender.

• 58 bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 4:58 PM

If there was a blog award for non-diplomacy then there would be many contenders , myself included.

• 59 welshgeordie9 // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:01 PM

I’m afraid to say it but i think my swans will be lucky to survive this season, Newcastle to go up and Swans might go the other way.

• 60 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Welshie, keep your chin up mate, there’s surely more than three teams are worse than Swansea. Sunlun and Boro for two and then perm one from a few others.

• 61 bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Welshie…….. You might be pleasantly surprised once the sceptic gets them playing his way every week. He has a good reputation and they looked up for it second half.

• 62 Jib // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:10 PM

This is what was said in Summer

“Fernando Forestieri is to be brought back in from the cold at Sheffield Wednesday after he apologised to staff and team-mates for refusing to play against Norwich.
    The 26-year-old attacker did not travel with the squad to Carrow Road for the goalless draw on Saturday and had to be convinced to play against Aston Villa in the season opener, in which he scored the winner, the week prior.

Forestieri’s actions are understood to be the result of interest from other Championship clubs including Derby County and Newcastle, and a pledge from the Wednesday chairman that none of their players are for sale this summer.
    Premier League,Tomorrow, 21:00pm
    Liverpool v Manchester Utd
    £10 Free Bet, No Deposit Needed

Owls manager Carlos Carvalhal told Sky Sports News HQ on Monday that Forestieri had resumed training after his apology, which he also put into writing on Twitter.

The Argentina-born former Italy U21 said: “There are a lot of rumours and opinions going around that have been blown out of proportion and are upsetting.

“I just want to clarify I have never wanted to leave and have always, and still do, want to play for Sheffield Wednesday.

“I apologise for my behaviour and know there is no excuse. I hope we can move on so I can focus only on my passion.”

Carvalhal said: “He apologised to the group and to my staff and he is back in training. He has a three-year contract and, if he has a contract, he must stay.

“There is only one person who can decide if a player stays for the length of his contract and that is the chairman. So if the chairman decides he won’t sell any player, I don’t know why there is any subject about this.

“I am a professional coach and deal with professionals. They are under contact and must train very well. If they do then I must decide if they deserve to play. If they don’t train well or do what we want, then they don’t play.”

• 63 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Austin scores….

• 64 Ron Knee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Why didn’t we sign him again …?

• 65 lesh // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Southampton #10? Charlie Morris is it?

• 66 welshgeordie9 // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:13 PM

I know but at the moment I’m not optimistic, under Rodgers, laudrup and a few others we were playing one touch football, some were saying when we were first up there in the premier league some of the ex pros were saying swans was playing Barca type passing, last few matches and last season have been sloppy passing and finishing.

• 67 Jib // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:14 PM

I must say I was not offering you a free £10 bet on tomorrow night’s game !
    Ha ha ha

• 68 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Striking players are like a girlfriend that left someone else to be with you. Just don’t be too surprised if she/they do it to you too. 🙂

• 69 welshgeordie9 // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:15 PM

On a brighter note, Charlie Boy scores, Ed come on you are a bit slow today.

Ha ha ha

• 70 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Ron, his girlfiend didn’t want to move north? 🙂

• 71 welshgeordie9 // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:18 PM

What’s the score tommorow then Gents and who do you want to win.

I work with a lot of Liverpool fans, who try to wind me up when Newcastle lose so I’m going for a Man Utd win, hopefully.

Ha ha ha

• 72 bettyswallocks // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Welshie …… Please could you complete the survey below:-

What is the main love of your life:-

A…… NUFC
    B…….. SWANSEA FC
    C……. SHEEP

• 73 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:20 PM

2-0. Game over?

• 74 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Welshie, ANYBODY but manure… and scousers. Mmm, reckon a draw then. 🙂

• 75 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:26 PM

3-0. This could end up anything. Soton so much on top.

• 76 sing in the corner // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:28 PM

Aye,Tadic certainly looking a serviceable player to me!

• 77 welshgeordie9 // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:29 PM

Swans then Newcastle followed by a nice lamb dinner with mint sauce of course.

Ha ha ha

• 78 welshgeordie9 // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:30 PM

Southampton have still got good players in their squad.

• 79 JamesToon // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:30 PM

I really don’t get why people on Twitter etc rate Sean Dyche as a manager, he does absolutely nothing other than get teams promoted playing the most horrible football, but in the prem Burnley will never do anything under him as they don’t know how to break teams down all they know is just hoofing it and getting 11 men behind the ball, dyche is just a worse pulis. Don’t give me the BS that he works well with what he has, Eddie Howe has proved that is not the case.

Burnley just a Nothing club and need a more forward thinking manager, it’s the same with West Brom imo.

You just know that once Burnley concede 1 they are just never gonna win in the prem. dyche’s sort of tactics work in the championship, but not the prem

• 80 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Penalty for shirt pulling. Love it.

• 81 welshgeordie9 // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Just as i say that, they have just given a penalty away.

• 82 sing in the corner // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Ha I unwittingly put the hex on traffic 🙂

• 83 welshgeordie9 // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Good match this.

• 84 sing in the corner // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:32 PM

• 85 JamesToon // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:32 PM

I see a lot of Liverpool fans cheering us on now a days, because of Rafa

• 86 Ron Knee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Fancy conceding a goal at 3-0 up! Amateurs!

• 87 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:34 PM

There you go welshie. A third team worse than Swansea ably described by jamestoon. 🙂

• 88 JamesToon // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:35 PM

I like Andre Gray though, his pace and quality is what can potentially salvage Burnley something this season

• 89 nufc786 // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:36 PM

This is an interesting clip on Motd2 extra with them discussing Ross Barkley and how he was once considered the next hot prospect of England and so on but is now not getting a look in at Everton.

The journalist Alyson Rudd suggests that Barkley is not following instructions properly on the pitch and it is harder for footballer to be maverick due to the rigid systems in football. They also question his fitness.

If he continues not get a look in at Everton, maybe we can sweet talk Everton in to taking him on loan in January .

• 90 JamesToon // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:37 PM

You don’t hear that “barca style of play” as much with Swansea anymore, not since as you say Rodgers/laudrup, it feels like they’ve lost their identity a bit, don’t know anything about Bradley whether he fits swansea’s philosophy.

• 91 JamesToon // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:38 PM

I don’t like looking too far forward with Newcastle, but shelvey could be one of our key players in transitioning to the prem if we go up, honestly think he’s one of the england teams best passers of the ball, and at last now Rafa is getting him to work hard and track back as well

• 92 hibbit // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:44 PM

re Shelvey
    losing 2 stone has helped so much fitter

• 93 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Nufc786. If he can’t follow instructions then I can’t see Rafa giving him the time of day mate. Good shout like, great potential, but if that’s his problem then it wouldn’t be long before he got that killer stare from Rafa. Of course, if Rafa thinks he can change him and improve him with better coaching – like he’s done with Clark for example – then ge would be a great addition.

• 94 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Crikey, Soton, 32 attempts to five from Burnley. On target 12-1. Domination? 🙂

• 95 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Heaton has saved Burnley from an embarrassment. Make that 33 and 13 on target.

• 96 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Hibbett, it shows how much being fully fit can improve your form. Credit to him for using the summer to get himself in tip top shape. We’re seeing the benefit of it now.

• 97 Ibizatoon // Oct 16, 2016 at 5:58 PM

“I won’t name the bullies but they know who they are. Maybe bullies isn’t the appropriate name for them, but they certainly try to make others feel guilty for supporting the club in the way it suits.”

You’re absolutely right Betty, “bullies” isn’t the appropriate name. They’re people on a blog making their opinions known. I imagine they’ve been made to feel guilty for supporting the club in the way it suits them, too.

I doubt someone like Bobby feels he’s been bullied on here. He’s more than happy to put his opinion forward, as it’s what he believes. I very much doubt that he’d consider himself to be a bully for doing so either.

For me, the way for the blog to return to any sort of former glory, is to actually encourage different opinions. It’s how they’re debated that surely needs addressing.

Bobby…I hope you don’t mind me using you in the example. It was you who Betty wrote to though, so seemed to tie in.

• 98 Ibizatoon // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:01 PM

I’d definitely like to see Rafa work with Barkley. Definitely a talented lad, still young too. Can’t imagine Everton would want rid though. Maybe a loan if he wasn’t featuring too much, but if it was only for a loan, would he not be getting in the way of one of our own progressing?

I suppose there could be a scenario come January, with either possible injuries or the promotion push not quite going to plan. I don’t imagine that being the case though.

• 99 beermonkey // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:01 PM

where did u see that shelvey has lost 2 stone

i saw the pic of mitro playing for his country the other day on here he looks alot leaner as well

• 100 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Ibiza, you’ll always find a way mate, why would I care? Been football all week in general though…

• 101 Ibizatoon // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Bobby…Shame you’ve taken it that way.

We’ll leave that there then.

Personally just glad it is back to football in the main part. Been fairly lacking with the international break.

• 102 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Whatever. If you’re so glad it’s back to football, why are you trying to steer it in another direction? Right, seems a good place to depart for now. Good craic, enjoyed it.

• 103 Tsunki // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Football in general is nice but it’s a nufc blog not a football blog let’s try and get that right.

That means opinions on many things not necessarily directly attributable to toeing a ball across the lawn.

Let’s not be the hypocritical anti-bullies who in fact like to shoot down their vision of offender, eh?

A start would be not to constantly resurrect the “bullies” argument by interjecting said “football talk” with the odd tactical swipe.

• 104 Tsunki // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Oh an Betty – nice try ha ha but I wouldn’t stick any money of your own in the fund for me to be “Diplomatic Poster of the Year”, that’s never gonna fly 🙂

• 105 hibbit // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:15 PM

he worked with a private trainer 7 days a week for 6 weeks purely on fitness and stamina
    local fitness coach from ponteland who used to do a lot of freelance work with durham cc

• 106 Ibizatoon // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Bobby…For someone who preaches he has a right to respond to things said on the blog I don’t understand why it’s me that you’ve taken exception to.

There was no bullies, just football craic and Betty mentioned Bullies. Then Ciaran. Where is he? Not here.

I was genuine as to my reason why I used you in my example. It seemed to fit. Maybe I got it wrong after all and you do feel like you’re being bullied then?

Sorry to have interrupted your evening. I did try and also talk about some other blog topics. Eventually I’ll learn what blog topics I’m supposed to comment on and which ones I shouldn’t. Must be nice to grant yourself a free pass.

• 107 Bobbybee // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:24 PM

…or lurking in the background just hoping for something to pop up so you can launch in feet first? 🙂 With you lot doing a cracking job on yourselves, I really don’t need to say much, do I? Is it not even remotely possible you kiddies could draw a line under this? I thought you would’ve been happy to if I’m honest, but as my brain works nothing like yours, what would i know? You carry on, I’ve got better things to do. 🙂 🙂

• 108 Goromagpie // Oct 16, 2016 at 6:25 PM

I have a feeling mitro will still be on the bench for Barnsley game.
    And I hope to see Murphy for Ipswich game ….And if he scores it would be a emotional moment for him
    Fingers crossed