The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Sky Video Coverage Of Newcastle Game – As It Happened

12:22 am, Wednesday, October 19th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 33 Comments

Here is the Sky Sports coverage that concentrates on the Barnsley vs Newcatsle game as it happens with Sky Sports pundit Phil Thompson covering the breaking news – and Phil says Newcastle were excellent in the second half after a bit of a boring first half.

It’s over 8 minutes long and they have video of the 2-2 draw of Norwich at Fulham at the end.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Barnsley?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Championship · Match Reports · Newcastle News · Video

33 responses so far ↓

• 1 lordy_geordie // Oct 19, 2016 at 12:48 AM

We have 4 more points now than we did at this stage in 2009

• 2 sing in the corner // Oct 19, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Happy days ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    So proud of the mighty travelling toon army!!!

• 3 sparky55 // Oct 19, 2016 at 12:54 AM

Rafa Benitez…the gift that keeps on giving.

We’re blazing a trail of glory here and we’re very capable of finishing mid table in the premiership with the team we have now simply because of the togetherness of the team.

I know the team is full of players that are not premiership class but the way Benitez has us playing is creating a team greater than the sum of the parts.

We’re a well oiled machine now and the so called purples of our team from last year who obviously weren’t team players are struggling like hell because they were never team players…just selfish mercenaries who have now come unstuck.

I see great things ahead of us

• 4 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2016 at 1:21 AM

Absolutely amazing.when you can play as shite as that and literally walk all over someone, what can you do when you turn it on!

• 5 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2016 at 1:23 AM

I’ve got butterflies thinking how good weekend are ๐Ÿ˜€

• 6 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2016 at 1:27 AM

6K fans in unison, everyone loves Rafa nobody talking about the fat Man!

• 7 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2016 at 1:33 AM

Took a big hit on wages to make sure I’m home for the next few weeks. Worth it so far ๐Ÿ˜€

• 8 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2016 at 1:42 AM

Dwight Gayle on eleven now! Thank you Barry Fry!

• 9 Mister Tuff // Oct 19, 2016 at 1:54 AM

As has been said before – as the season progresses we ARE going to get better. AND we have a mega squad.
    Other teams will have all sorts of problems over the coming months and we will not.

(only doubt -still a bit of a powder puff attack).

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:05 AM

Tuff,
    Leagues top scorers, leading goal scorer, powder puff attack? I’m not so sure, take away Gayle and you have a Mitrovich raring to go, get really unlucky with both of them out and you have a Championship ready Murphy who doesn’t want to sit on the bench again.

• 11 Mister Tuff // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:12 AM

Jail – Rafa’s mix of players is obviously working now -as he planned it.
    I know Gayle has different attributes – but I personally like the big strong CF type – a la Shearer.

In view of our position I know it is nit piicking a bit – really cannot complain too much. Well I do suppose I cannot really as we’re top.

• 12 Jimmyโ€ฆโ€ฆJimmyโ€ฆโ€ฆJimmy Smith // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:12 AM

Gayle obviously is the main man and scoring plenty, but that does seem to present a problem at number 10. Neither Diame nor Perez have been at their best behind him. We aren’t entirely firing up top I think, despite the number of goals we’ve scored.

• 13 Oldgit1 // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:26 AM

A@ JFA respect to you for travelling, your brief summaries are good to hear. We are not always be able to turn it on every match but the away fans will let the players know we are right behind them.

@ mr tuff I see where you are coming from with us being brought up on the Wyn Davis, supermac, and shearer. But give gayle his due he hasn’t let us down yet. Most strikers have their good and bad runs Ie loss of form, injuries etc but we do have a back up plan re Mitro and Murphy , I’m sure their turn will come. It’s great to be top of the league been along time since we were in this position. Long may it continue.

• 14 manxpie // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:27 AM

powder puff attack!! 16+ GD!!!!………………

• 15 Mister Tuff // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:28 AM

Jail – another point – perhaps we subconsciously compare players in this league to the PL players – forgetting we are in the Championship -easy to do I suppose.

• 16 Oldgit1 // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:32 AM

Jimmy – we don’t have a natural no 10 the last one was gini. He hasn’t been replaced as yet. Can’t see Perez being a success there, Diane not sure what position he should play, does not fill me with confidence.

• 17 Mister Tuff // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:35 AM

woah – broadside from the IOM!!!!!!!!*********

strong attack force that day or not?????????!!!!!!!!!!

• 18 manxpie // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:40 AM

We’ve played 13 games!
    you should have said we had a powder puff attack that day against villa away
    btw highest assister in the league as well

• 19 Mister Tuff // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:54 AM

manx – I’ve voiced my concern over the attack a few times on here – you are obviously missing my quality posts.

• 20 Mister Tuff // Oct 19, 2016 at 2:59 AM

Manx – post after the Villa draw

“Mister Tuff // Sep 26, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Norwich on Wednesday, for me, is the big test so far this season.
    Everybody else plays tomorrow night with our game on Wednesday the only match that night.
    Norwich seem to be playing ok and seem to have a side which is going to be there or thereabouts for the title. So a big test for us โ€“ for me a game where we can assess a bit better where we really are.
    Sad bit is I think we may get beat off them โ€“ hope not -but I think they might just edge it.
    They seem to have better forwards whereas our lot are a midget/powder puff strike force that would have difficulty scoring in the boudoir of ladies of the night.”

• 21 lesh // Oct 19, 2016 at 5:00 AM

Jail

Making such a financial sacrifice to support the lads is truly admirable and indicative of a real Newcastle United fan.

• 22 Jib // Oct 19, 2016 at 6:07 AM

lesh // Jail
    Making such a financial sacrifice to support the lads is truly admirable

Yup

Michael James Wallace Ashley
    would be so proud of you (trembling bottom lip – jeepers I can feel my eyes filling)
    ๐Ÿ˜€

• 23 Jib // Oct 19, 2016 at 6:13 AM

Even if Huddersfield win tonight away to Preston we stay top on g/d.
    I hope David Wagner takes plenty of note paper with him to Lancashire.
    ๐Ÿ˜€

• 24 Jib // Oct 19, 2016 at 6:40 AM

Rafa at full time at Oakwell . He looks like he’s fighting his emotions.

• 25 martoon // Oct 19, 2016 at 6:45 AM

Jib they will go top if they win 13 0 ๐Ÿ™‚

• 26 Jib // Oct 19, 2016 at 6:51 AM

The powers that be in Europe have decided to show Bristol City v Blackburn on Saturday 1500hrs so probs no stream again .

However the League Cup game at home v Preston next Tuesday is being shown on Danish Eurosport so there will defo be a stream and perhaps some other networks will decide to take it before next week.

• 27 Jib // Oct 19, 2016 at 6:52 AM

martoon
    ๐Ÿ˜€

• 28 Ron Knee // Oct 19, 2016 at 6:53 AM

This was posted by Scott last night. It’s the second half. Not exactly HD!

• 29 firebug666 // Oct 19, 2016 at 7:28 AM

What a great night it was for us last night, 5,900 + Geordie’s making a lot of noise in Yorkshire, Our players battling for a table topping win in a scrappy game that was stop and start through a whistle happy ref, and Norwich dropping 2 points at Fulham.

Now we are top the players will wan’t to keep us there, time to start building a points gap.

Top fans
    Top players
    Top manager
    Top of the table

HWTL & HWTF

• 30 Ron Knee // Oct 19, 2016 at 7:33 AM

firebug

Top of the mornin’!

• 31 Jib // Oct 19, 2016 at 7:35 AM

top blogger ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• 32 Ron Knee // Oct 19, 2016 at 7:39 AM

The Chronic’s website is slow to download. Anybody else having problems?

• 33 firebug666 // Oct 19, 2016 at 7:45 AM

Ron

Good morning, yeah the Chronicle has far to many adverts loading up that it takes an age now. I stopped reading there articles now, time is a precious thing and i have better things to waste it on than the chronicles painfully slow website.

Jib

So very true marra, but I don’t like blowing my own trumpet ๐Ÿ˜€

previous post: Barnsley 0 Newcastle 2 – Video Highlights – For Fans Around The World

next post: Rafa – A Professional Performance Against A Good Team